• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone still willing to answer my scenario? Sorry, it seems a repeat but I want to be 100% sure I understand.

we have 4 day FL resident tickets and park reservations booked 9/30-10/5 (9/30, 10/1, 10/3 and 10/5 specifically). We want to go to MK on 10/1 as planned of course! But we want to upgrade to FL resident AP. If I’m understanding correctly, I just go as planned on 9/30 and 10/1 and then can upgrade and still get full value of my ticket?

-we have 4 day FL resident tickets and park reservations booked 9/30-10/5 (9/30, 10/1, 10/3 and 10/5 specifically). We want to go to MK on 10/1 as planned of course! But we want to upgrade to FL resident AP. If I’m understanding correctly, I just go as planned on 9/30 and 10/1 and then can upgrade and still get full value of my ticket?
Yup.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but thought I'd double check. I have a 6 day ticket left from a cancelled trip when the parks were closed last year. I will be using it this month, but may be shortening my trip and only needing 4 days. There's no way to change the 6 day ticket to a 4 day before use, correct?
Well...
if you don't have the Hopper option on your tickets, you might be able make your tickets into 4 day WITH the Hopper...
But, (according to regular rules) there would be no refund of any money left-over.

Yeah, but...naturally if we're paying another $323 PER TIX we'd like to have the AP perks at the front of the trip not after the trip is over... 🙄
Are there any useful "AP perks" left?
(No, I'm not kidding... ARE there any?)
You already have Hoppers on your original tickets.

Last edited:
Well...
if you don't have the Hopper option on your tickets, you might be able make your tickets into 4 day WITH the Hopper...
But, (according to regular rules) there would be no refund of any money left-over.
Ooh this would be great actually. Can this be done online before arrival or would it need to be done at a ticket window?

Ooh this would be great actually. Can this be done online before arrival or would it need to be done at a ticket window?
You can try calling in advance. (Explain carefully and ask nicely.)
Otherwise, upgrades can be done at WDW Guest Relations and ticket windows.

I'm also curious about tickets that were used during the time when AP's were unavailable. We went in March (2021) and I asked guest services if I could somehow log my tickets to credit for a future AP purchase when AP's were available -- because we knew we would go again in November and December. They told me then that they were keeping track of that for awhile, but had stopped doing it by the time I was there.

So right now I have tickets purchased (but unused) for an upcoming November trip. It's clear that those I could credit toward an AP purchase. But if I cannot "back-credit" my March 2021 tickets, then the math no longer makes sense. I'm guessing this will require a conversation with Disney...

If anyone is curious on the resolution on this scenario, I got ahold of Disney this morning and they will not credit the March 2021 tickets toward a new AP purchase now. So if you used tickets during the period where AP's were not available for purchase and were hoping the value would be credited toward a future AP purchase, no such luck.

Hi ticket and AP experts! I am considering upgrading to an AP for the first time ever (it would be the highest tier one.) I have 9 day hopper tickets for this October and was planning on going to Guest Services on our first day and upgrading to the AP so we could take advantage of discounts during our trip. However, I heard that means I will lose all of my existing park pass reservations. That would be scary as we are a big group with a lot of reservations and I would hate to mess anything up at that point. Does anyone know if this is true and if there is any way around that?

Also, if I do that, and want to add the photo pass downloads, is it like Memory Maker where pictures from your first three days won't be included if you do it when you get down there?

Thanks!

However, I heard that means I will lose all of my existing park pass reservations.
All I can say is that people have been upgrading tickets for a year now and nobody has lost their park reservations because of it. So I'm not trusting that warning to be a real concern...but we won't know for sure until new APs are available next week. Anything can happen with Disney IT.

I might have to make a separate post for this question, but thought I'd ask here first. I searched but couldn't find the answer anywhere. One of my kids will be at WDW in November for a cheer event. I think I've been hooked into being a chaperone, which is fine, except that I have an AP and don't need the ticket that comes with the room. The rest of my family planned to come and stay in a different resort (far, far away from the cheerleaders LOL). Once we get our tickets, is it possible for me to transfer mine to one of my kids so it doesn't go to waste? In the past, the group that ran the event let people buy "commuter" packages (I think that's what their CS rep told me), which didn't come with tickets. But I guess Disney is requiring everyone to have tickets with the room this year.

I realize I can assign and reassign tickets to my heart’s content until the first use. I’m just not sure if there’s anything special about these particular passes that they’re permanently linked to the person who initially gets them.

Last edited:
Are there any useful "AP perks" left?
(No, I'm not kidding... ARE there any?)
You already have Hoppers on your original tickets.
Food & Merch Discounts....special pins for pass holders (which we collect)....passholder only merchandise....just "stuff" we'd like to have for the duration of the trip. And I suppose there's a perceived value in our heads of having them for the entire trip....plus we'd like to add on a park day at the end of our trip so I'd like to be able to do that sooner rather than later.

I’m just not sure if there’s anything special about these particular passes that they’re permanently linked to the person who initially gets them.
I would think once *you* have the ticket in your possession, which may not occur until arrival, it could be transferred before use. Most of the Youth programs use hard tickets and it isn’t automatically linked to your MDE. So then just link the ticket to your child. It most likely has specific use dates and once expired has no value, so you can’t keep it for later.

I would think once *you* have the ticket in your possession, which may not occur until arrival, it could be transferred before use. Most of the Youth programs use hard tickets and it isn’t automatically linked to your MDE. So then just link the ticket to your child. It most likely has specific use dates and once expired has no value, so you can’t keep it for later.
That's what I was hoping for. My husband can use it, too. I just don't want it to go completely to waste.

That's what I was hoping for. My husband can use it, too. I just don't want it to go completely to waste.
I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “use it too,” but just to make things clear for those reading along…
only one guest can use a single ticket.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “use it too,” but just to make things clear for those reading along…
only one guest can use a single ticket.
I just meant I could assign it to him or one of my kids. I’m aware that a ticket, once used, cannot be transferred to a different person.

Looking to buy two 3 day hoppers for my niece who will be joining us at the parks Wed-Fri. Based on the extra/flex days built in they would save $40 if they used Mon instead of Wed as the 1st day the tickets could be used, and they would still be able to visit on all the days they want to. Is it ok to buy them with that plan in mind? I didn't see where it said you have to go to the parks the 1st day the ticket is valid. Thanks!

Looking to buy two 3 day hoppers for my niece who will be joining us at the parks Wed-Fri. Based on the extra/flex days built in they would save $40 if they used Mon instead of Wed as the 1st day the tickets could be used, and they would still be able to visit on all the days they want to. Is it ok to buy them with that plan in mind? I didn't see where it said you have to go to the parks the 1st day the ticket is valid. Thanks!
Yes, that works just fine. We did the same for our family trip last December - it was cheaper per day to get tickets that started two days before we arrived. As long as they don't expire until the end of your trip, you're fine!

Yes, that works just fine. We did the same for our family trip last December - it was cheaper per day to get tickets that started two days before we arrived. As long as they don't expire until the end of your trip, you're fine!
Awesome thank you

I had to call DVC for a non-ticket related issue but since I had a CM on the phone, I thought I'd ask about how I would go about upgrading tickets I currently have to APs. Would DVC member services be able to upgrade them? He told me no, they could only handle new/renew (?) AP purchases for DVC members but not upgrades to a ticket I already have. I also asked about who I could buy APs for & he said it would be available to anyone living in the same residence as the DVC owner. He also stated that the ticketing CMs will allow me to pay for my Sorcerer's AP but at the front of the park is where I will have to show proof of my DVC membership & anyone who I has APs under my DVC membership will have to show proof of same residence. I had no idea how it worked for getting non-DVC members APs so now that I know, I thought I'd share the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter