Hello! I am 99% sure I’m good but wanted to check- I have a 6 day hopper plus that starts on 6/21, our first park reservation day is 6/22. We can activate and use our etickets at Blizzard Beach on 6/21, before we go to any parks, correct? Do we need to go to guest relations at Blizzard Beach, or at the resort? (WL)?

thanks so much!

Hello! I am 99% sure I’m good but wanted to check- I have a 6 day hopper plus that starts on 6/21, our first park reservation day is 6/22.
1- We can activate and use our etickets at Blizzard Beach on 6/21, before we go to any parks, correct?
2- Do we need to go to guest relations at Blizzard Beach, or at the resort? (WL)?

thanks so much!
1-You do not need to do anything to "activate" a ticket that is scheduled to start on the date
that you first use it.
2- Just go to the Water Park and use your ticket (MB or card) to enter.

Last edited:
If I book a package (room + tickets) and make Park reservations but then have to cancel this package are my Park reservations automatically cancelled too?

Wondering if the ticket can be reassigned to another friend (even last minute) or to us for future or if it could be refunded?
If you might make a last minute change, I recommend creating a profile for the friend that you manage in your MDE, rather than linking as Friends and Family to his own account. That way you retain control of the ticket without needing it to be transferred back to you, and more important you can just let a new friend use it on that profile and the related park reservations (which don't reassign with a ticket).

I have two questions 1) is my FL Res Silver AP renewable, and 2) my FL neighbor wants to take her granddaughters (4, 7 and 12) to WDW when they come to stay with her next summer, would she be able to get their tickets at the FL resident rate also? I did try to search the thread but I think maybe the search function isn't working right now or I was not putting in a good search request. Thank you!

already
I have two questions
1) is my FL Res Silver AP renewable, and
2) my FL neighbor wants to take her granddaughters (4, 7 and 12) to WDW when they come to stay with her next summer, would she be able to get their tickets at the FL resident rate also?
1. Likely.
2. Yes.

I have a question about ticket vouchers ~ I have 2 days from a relative cast member ~ I’ve “linked” it to MDE ~ and then I purchased the rest .
My question is do I still need to present the “paper ticket voucher “ if I’ve already linked them to my MDE and magic band , and have the park reservations ??
If anybody knows ~ please let me know ~ and thank you !

do I still need to present the “paper ticket voucher “ if I’ve already linked them to my MDE and magic band , and have the park reservations ??
Nope.
You’re all set.
(But, take the voucher the first day, just in case.)

If we have two sets of tickets in MDE.....how do we prioritize them so that we use the newer tickets first? (some are older without an exp date and I'd rather hold on to those). Is this something that can be done over the phone or must we wait in guest services line outside of the park on day 1? Or can the cast members at the turnstiles entrances do this for us?

When I looked through info on how to do this, I read that I had to call. However, I was able to do it through the chat feature on the website. (And, it did work properly.) I need to do this, too, as two of our tickets are PH and two are not. I hope it works smoothly again.

When I looked through info on how to do this, I read that I had to call. However, I was able to do it through the chat feature on the website. (And, it did work properly.) I need to do this, too, as two of our tickets are PH and two are not. I hope it works smoothly again.
oh that is helpful! Trying to avoid having to drag ourselves to the guest services when we arrive or a long hold time. Never thought to use the chat feature. Maybe the chat on the app would work? I have heard of people making room requests through the chat as well.

Certainly can't hurt to try. Anything to avoid those hold times (waited over two hours for a Fantasis mini-golf reservation!!) or Guest Services lines! Good luck.

Annual Passes (AP or APs)

An AP is valid for one person and it is, in most cases, valid for one year from date of activation. Good, in most cases, 366 days.
If you activate your Annual Pass, for example, on October 1 of this year, the last day of valid use would be through the end of the day, Oct 1 of the following year.

There is no price difference between an Age 3-9 and an Age 10+ Annual Pass.

Virtually all APs purchased, in-person, at any WDW park ticket window or Guest Relations (including at DS) are activated and are "live" APs.
However, a guest CAN purchase an AP "certificate" at a WDW booth if the guest specifically asks to do so.
All APs purchased by phone, by mail or on-line are "certificates" and, therefore, NOT activated.
An AP certificate is by nature NOT activated, and will remain fresh and ready to activate up through the end of the year 2030.
However, the purchase price of the unused AP voucher is not "lost" upon expiration.
The "expired" unused voucher can be turned in and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a current AP voucher, live AP or other WDW ticket.

> Florida Resident APs are discussed in THIS thread on the Ticket Sticky.

AP Activation:
Guests must first go to any WDW ticket booth or Guest Relations (along with a legal photo ID) to purchase an AP, or get their pre-ordered AP certificate activated before that AP can be used at a park.

However, there is new ACTIVATION PROCEDURE for APs that allows guests to go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations to get the AP certificate activation completed on an earlier day than on the date that they first enter a park.
After the new AP is activated, the AP will NOT actually start its year of counting down UNTIL the guest actually goes through a park gate using that new AP.
The date that the AP holder goes into a park with the AP for the first time will then become the AP's Anniversary Date and the new AP will then be valid until the end of the day on that same date, one year later.

The AP anniversary date will be found in the guest's MDX account.
If the guest wants the AP anniversary date to be ON the AP card itself, the guest must manually write the date.
---------------------------------------------------

A Disney Platinum Pass is valid for unlimited entries during regular park hours for the four primary theme parks.
There are no block-out dates.
An AP is automatically considered to be a Park Hopper.
It includes free parking at the four primary theme parks.
It includes PhotoPass downloads.

The Disney Platinum Plus Pass is similar to the Platinum AP.
It is automatically considered to be a Park Hopper.
It includes free parking at the four primary theme parks.
It includes PhotoPass downloads.

The Platinum Plus AP includes not only the four primary theme parks, but also includes some of the secondary parks.
It offers Blizzard Beach and/or TyphoonLagoon water parks.
It offers the Oak Trail Golf Course entry.
It offers ESPN Wide World of Sports admission, but
It does not include the 30 minutes per day at the WWS PlayStation pavilion.
It does not provide access to either Fantasia Gardens or Winter-SummerLand miniature golf, although you can receive a discount there by showing the PAP.

Tables in Wonderland Dining Discount Card (TiW) is available for purchase to owners of either AP.
TiW offers a 20% discount on many WDW restaurant meals, including beverages.
TiW card holders are allowed free valet parking at WDW resorts if they
show their TiW card and that day's dining receipt from that resort.
More TiW details HERE.

AP holders also benefit from various other discounts on food, merchandise, lodging, and certain additional ticket purchases.

AP information directly from Disney can be found HERE.

The Disney Premier Pass (DPP) is a combination of a Walt Disney World Platinum Plus Pass and a Disneyland Resort Premium Annual Pass.
There is no differentiation between child or adult.
There is no reduced price for renewal.
There is no reduced price for DVC Members, Florida Residents, or Southern California Residents.

At WDW, DPP can only be purchased at a Guest Relations Window just outside of the four theme parks or at Disney Springs (DS.)
The DPP cannot be purchased at the International Gateway at Epcot.
At Disneyland the DPP can only be purchased at a Park Guest Relations Office or the Annual Pass Office.

AP vouchers (also called exchange certificates) may be purchased from Disney online, from Disney by telephone, from the Disney Store, and from some AAA Offices.
Once purchased, an AP voucher can be exchanged for a live AP any time up to the end of the year 2030.
AP vouchers must be exchanged for an actual AP (or activated for MagicBand use) at any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.
Each person 18 yrs. or older must present a legal photo ID when purchasing any type of AP, or converting a voucher to an activated AP.

An AP can be "renewed" (including any upgrades or downgrades) within 60 days BEFORE and up to 30 days AFTER AP expiration.
There is a renewal price discount and the original AP's Anniversary calendar date will not change.

A discount on the price of a new AP is available at some "AAA South" Offices.

There can be some WDW discounts on some restaurants, merchandise, and special tickets for guests who have APs or are DVC members.

At Blizzard Beach there is a special one day ticket which includes entry to BB and a round of miniature golf at Winter-Summer Land.

If a person is planning to have more than one visit to secondary parks it generally makes economic sense to add WPF&M option to a base ticket rather than purchasing two tickets.

Other kinds of APs at WDW.

The Water Park Hopper Annual Pass.
These do not provide the benefits such as discounts and are very limited.

There is a is renewal rate discount for the Water Park Annual Pass.

Note:
A Water Park AP costs less than two days entry to the water parks.

Disney Resort Front Desks and Lobby Concierges cannot handle any kind of sales or upgrades related to any level of Annual Pass.

DVC Members and Florida Residents have special AP rates which are
priced at a lower cost than the those available to the general public.

Ticket purchases are generally considered to be "non-refundable."

What is the "break-even point" to consider buying an AP over a conventional ticket?
It is a common misconception that there is one ticket price or trip length that,
once reached, is a "break-even point" for jumping up to an AP.

Since the longest ticket that WDW sells for USA guests is a 10-day Hopper PLUS (which includes 10 admissions to Water Parks and other WDW venues,)
many would say that anything needed longer/larger than that for a single trip would rate an AP.

BUT, there are many other considerations for AP value.
The AP is good for multiple trips for 366 days, straight.
The AP includes Memory Maker photos & videos (which costs extra for non-AP holders.
The AP includes free parking at the theme parks.
The AP includes many discounts on certain meals and some hard-ticket events.
The AP includes shopping discounts at some stores.
The AP includes (often times) special invitations for the pre-opening of new attractions.
The AP includes (many times) special pricing for WDW resort rooms at certain times of year.
The AP includes the right to purchase "Tables in Wonderland" which offers a percentage off on certain WDW dining.
And, there are a few other benefits, too.

So, if a guest wants or needs any of the above extras, that can heavily influence
the "break-even point" at which an AP looks advantageous.
Is the guest relations/ticket window currently open at EP international gateway to activate APs? It's been a while since we have needed to do this. TIA!

We have 7-day and 5-day park hopper tickets (purchased from UT right before last year's price increase) that were for May 2020. Their dates extended to Sun, Sep 26, 2021 due to park closure.

1. Are we able to add days to the 5-day tickets? (It is not available on MDE.)
2. If we can add days, does it require tying those tickets to a specific date window again rather than the flexible date range we currently have?
3. Am I understanding correctly that these particular tickets can be split amongst multiple trips so long as they are all before 09/26/21? There is no wording about the usual x number of days usage window.

A CM on chat directed me to call for answers, but I've yet to be able to hold long enough to reach someone. If the answer to Question 2 is yes, it's helpful to know ahead of time so we can pick dates.

Yes, you can add days. However that would be like a regular upgrade at current price based on the new dates. And the tickets would then have an expiration date based on the new dates, so you would lose the flexibility, 9/26/21 expiration and no longer be able to split use across multiple visits.

The PH's cost is based on the total number of days on the entire ticket.
The price does not change if any of the days have already been used or not.
The price to add the PH is the same whether you buy it before your trip, or on the first day, or the last day (or any other day,) of a ticket's use.

Hi! I only wanted to be sure about this. If I have a 6 days ticket and want to upgrade to a PH ticket on the 5th day It will cost me the same than if I upgrade it on the 1rst day?

So I have a question and I am currently waiting on the disney app to chat with someone. I am doing a short 3 day trip in July. Honestly, my main focus for this trip is to experience Star Wars Galaxy Edge (both of the rides there). Being a cheapo lol I bought the 3 day 1 park a day tickets and only have one day reserved for Hollywood studios. But after thinking about it. I want to change one of my days to Hollywood studios and just add park hopper to go to other parks after 2PM. But in the app it doesn't appear to be a way to upgrade to park hopper sadly. So I might just have to deal with what I got...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter