I'm on hold now trying to do this same thing. The first CM I spoke to said he didn't have any information about when I would be to add a day and he has transferred me to ticket sales to see if they can help.

My parents wisely purchased many Disney World theme park tickets in the 1980’s. They gave the tickets to me and these are the type of tickets that never expire. I used several of them last year and when I arrived at the park they directed me to guest services to “transfer” the printed ticket to my magic band, but I only brought enough tickets to cover our 3-day stay. I can only transfer them in-person (not online or over the phone) so my online account doesn’t show that I have any tickets. Thus, I am not going to be able to reserve a theme park in advance.

Will I be able to show up this August and use the tickets (even though I won’t have a theme park reservation)?

I just got off the phone with Disney and asked this same question. They told me they could refund the difference for the park hopper portion of the ticket, but also advised that I could wait until closer to my stay to make this modification because depending on the situation at the time, park hopping could be possible again. I decided to wait until closer to my stay because I would hate to get my money back for the park hopper only to have park hopping be a thing again when we get there!

No. You’ll have to transfer 1st like before at guest services. Then make park reservation based upon availability. I have some old comp tickets that I am in the same boat.

I had old ones from pre 2005 and I was told I had to take in person to be scanned. That was a few years ago. Maybe they can now do it over the phone.

You can try contacting WDW ticketing. Some folks have had success in the past emailing front and back of such old tickets to get them transferred to current media in MDE. No guarantee it will work, but I'd be afraid of showing up in Aug and not being able to get a park reservation.

Is it possible to book a package with only a one day ticket?
The number of days on the ticket don't have to match the number of days booked at the resort.
Apparently the current minimum number of days that can be booked with a "package" is two.

However, if they are not selling any tickets at the time you book... you can't book any new tickets.

Last edited:
If I bought my park hopper tickets from UT that are loaded into MDE, does that mean I have to go to them to get reimbursement/credit if I can only use them as base tickets?

I just got off the phone with Disney and asked this same question. They told me they could refund the difference for the park hopper portion of the ticket, but also advised that I could wait until closer to my stay to make this modification because depending on the situation at the time, park hopping could be possible again. I decided to wait until closer to my stay because I would hate to get my money back for the park hopper only to have park hopping be a thing again when we get there!
I'm going in September. Anyone think they will allow park hopping by then?

I'm so confused, guys, and have read conflicting things on various blogs. Hoping someone here can clarify:

My family and I have booked a DVC stay via point rental for late Nov. 27 through Dec. 6. We wish to do 6 days in the parks. We have not purchased park tickets yet. Under the current ticket purchasing and reservation plan, when will I be able to 1) purchase tickets for my family and 2) make reservations for our park days?

Furthermore, we wish to spread the park days over the 10 days we'll be there. Will we be able to, say, have "break days" in the new reservation system, for example, 3 days in parks, 1 day off, 3 days in parks?

Thanks for everything, all.

I don't know. The CM I talked to said things are changing by the hour, and it is possible park hopping could be allowed in the future just depending on how things go. :confused3
I hope it is allowed for our August trip, but I don't expect it will be.

If I bought my park hopper tickets from UT that are loaded into MDE, does that mean I have to go to them to get reimbursement/credit if I can only use them as base tickets?
When is your trip? If not this summer, I suggest waiting to see if hopping may be available when you go. Or you can call WDW tomorrow based on #2 below (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/#modifications):

If you have a ticket that includes the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, we have several options available to you:
  • Ticket Extension: You may use your current date-based ticket by September 26, 2021 with the existing add-on options, should the options return by that date.
  • Ticket Modification: Resort Packages with tickets may be modified or cancelled. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.
  • Ticket Cancellation: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of cancelling your ticket or package. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.

My family and I have booked a DVC stay via point rental for late Nov. 27 through Dec. 6. We wish to do 6 days in the parks. We have not purchased park tickets yet. Under the current ticket purchasing and reservation plan, when will I be able to 1) purchase tickets for my family and 2) make reservations for our park days?
Unfortunately that is unknown at this time. WDW has stated they will decide "later" about resuming 2020 ticket sales. I believe they will see how the opening goes and evaluate how many already have made park reservations for this year.

Last Oct I bought hopper tickets from UT. While at disney in Dec, we upgraded tickets to gold AP. Paid about $150 per ticket for upgrade. But the math for days closed X cost of AP comes to roughly $200.

We can't be the only ones that bought tickets this way, anyone has any thoughts on what disney may refund?

Unfortunately that is unknown at this time. WDW has stated they will decide "later" about resuming 2020 ticket sales. I believe they will see how the opening goes and evaluate how many already have made park reservations for this year.
That's what I thought and was hoping to hear. We'll see what happens "later." Thanks, @lanejudy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter