I have been trying to find information on prices of flex date tickets but have been unsuccessful. We have an opportunity to redeem some rewards to acquire either 5 or 7 day base flex date WDW tickets. We currently have Platinum AP's that expire in July and I understand you can renew and receive a discount (not sure what the discount is but have heard 15%). We have a trip planned for the end of June (within the AP renewal window), so I am trying to find out the price of a 5 and 7 day base flex date WDW tickets to see if it would be "cheaper" to acquire these tickets and upgrade to an AP when we return in November or to just renew our AP in June.

1. Correct.
2. Approximately, yes.
3. If you want to save money, purchase "discounted" tickets from an authorized WDW ticket reseller (like UndercoverTourist.com, Parksavers.com, BoardwalkTickets.com, or many more)
and then use their "Disney value" to help pay for your AP renewal in June.

thank you. I understand about saving money that is why I am trying to find the prices for the flex tickets. In Canada, we have a reward program called Air Miles and the WDW tickets they are offering are 5 and 7 day base flex date WDW tickets. I cannot find the prices for the flex date tickets, the ones that can be used any date but expire 14 days after first use. What I am trying to determine is what is a better value for us. Renew our APs with the discount and be able to visit from July to November, or redeem the air miles for the flex date tickets and then upgrade to an AP when we arrive in November so our AP year will be Nov - Nov.

So, I paid the last month of our AP monthly plan on April 11th. Our passes are good through May 22nd. We're renewing, but I want to keep my same payment date for budgeting purposes so I will not renew until May 11th. How can I see what my renewel amount will be? I'm all over the app but can't seem to find the info. I know there was a $30 increase per ticket, at least I think there was, but I can't seem to find what my new payments will be. Help! (I know I found it in years past when we renewed but I am lost this time)

So, I paid the last month of our AP monthly plan on April 11th. Our passes are good through May 22nd. We're renewing, but I want to keep my same payment date for budgeting purposes so I will not renew until May 11th. How can I see what my renewel amount will be? I'm all over the app but can't seem to find the info. I know there was a $30 increase per ticket, at least I think there was, but I can't seem to find what my new payments will be. Help! (I know I found it in years past when we renewed but I am lost this time)
AAAHHH, nevermind. Disregard. I found it.

thank you. I understand about saving money that is why I am trying to find the prices for the flex tickets. In Canada, we have a reward program called Air Miles and the WDW tickets they are offering are 5 and 7 day base flex date WDW tickets. I cannot find the prices for the flex date tickets, the ones that can be used any date but expire 14 days after first use. What I am trying to determine is what is a better value for us. Renew our APs with the discount and be able to visit from July to November, or redeem the air miles for the flex date tickets and then upgrade to an AP when we arrive in November so our AP year will be Nov - Nov.
One quick way-Click the link:
https://www.undercovertourist.com/
And then drill down to WDW tickets and “Option 2 -Maximum Flexibility” prices.

You can see the “savings” vs Disney GATE prices.
(Gate prices are $25 higher than “on-line” pre-order prices.)

Months ago I purchased physical copies of Two 6 day park hoppers from Disney separately from my room only reservation. They are for me and my adult grandson. My grandson would like to visit a water park maybe one time during our visit. Is there any cost advantage to upgrading his park hopper rather than simply buying a one day ticket to a water park? I’ve been trying to find out but it’s difficult to do that without Disney thinking you want to buy right away. Our trip starts tomorrow so I didn’t want to mess anything up. Thank you!

Months ago I purchased physical copies of Two 6 day park hoppers from Disney separately from my room only reservation. They are for me and my adult grandson. My grandson would like to visit a water park maybe one time during our visit. Is there any cost advantage to upgrading his park hopper rather than simply buying a one day ticket to a water park? I’ve been trying to find out but it’s difficult to do that without Disney thinking you want to buy right away. Our trip starts tomorrow so I didn’t want to mess anything up. Thank you!

"Months ago" is not precise enough to tell us what kind of tickets that you actually have.
And, since you are starting your trip tomorrow, there's little time to straighten it all out.

Do this:
Go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW and ASK how much it will cost
to do the WP upgrade (currently called "Park Hopper PLUS") on your grandson's ticket.

If you are quoted MORE than $73.49, then decline the offer and just buy a stand-alone one-day WP ticket.
If you are quoted LESS than $73.49, then accept the offer and do the upgrade.
(It can cost as little as under $25 if you have the right kind of ticket.)

BTW, you can do this on any day of your trip (as long as you have not used up ALL of his ticket)
and it will cost exactly the same amount.

Hi @Robo - quick question that I haven’t seen a recent answer to so I thought I’d ask.

I’ve got a 4 Day MYW Park Hopper w/ 1 WPF & More entitlement. My travel agent says these can be upgraded to AP’s, which is what we’d like to do on our September trip this year.

I wanted to confirm that yes these can be upgraded, but no they won’t be price bridged (I believe these are sold by our travel agency at the same rate as the convention tickets). I know these tickets can be gotten in any length up to the max.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi @Robo - quick question that I haven’t seen a recent answer to so I thought I’d ask.

I’ve got a 4 Day MYW Park Hopper w/ 1 WPF & More entitlement. My travel agent says these can be upgraded to AP’s, which is what we’d like to do on our September trip this year.

I wanted to confirm that yes these can be upgraded, but no they won’t be price bridged (I believe these are sold by our travel agency at the same rate as the convention tickets). I know these tickets can be gotten in any length up to the max.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Sorry, but I don't know what kind of tickets were sold to your TA.

Sorry, but I don't know what kind of tickets were sold to your TA.

No worries! I think they were only 10% off or around that based on what I could calculate. The TA I’ve worked with is quite knowledgeable so I highly doubt she is incorrect regarding ticket upgrades, but I’ve never tried with these tickets so I thought I would double check with the expert.

Thanks for all you do on these forums!

"Months ago" is not precise enough to tell us what kind of tickets that you actually have.
And, since you are starting your trip tomorrow, there's little time to straighten it all out.

Do this:
Go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW and ASK how much it will cost
to do the WP upgrade (currently called "Park Hopper PLUS") on your grandson's ticket.

If you are quoted MORE than $73.49, then decline the offer and just buy a stand-alone one-day WP ticket.
If you are quoted LESS than $73.49, then accept the offer and do the upgrade.
(It can cost as little as under $25 if you have the right kind of ticket.)

BTW, you can do this on any day of your trip (as long as you have not used up ALL of his ticket)
and it will cost exactly the same amount.

Ok, Robo, thank you very much for your help and expertise. That sounds like a great plan. I really appreciate the information!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it seemed like a good place to start...

I am cleaning up our MDE accounts to leave only a couple MBs that we actually use in active status. I read that having a ton active can bog down our MDE and cause issues. I have these cards at the end. Would any of these need to stay active as they are representing our current tickets? I have an AP as does my DD3. DSs have hoppers attached for May. If one of these represents any of those, anyone know how i figure out which one? I cropped out the numbers in case that is sensitive info.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 9.47.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 9.47.16 AM.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 8
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it seemed like a good place to start...

I am cleaning up our MDE accounts to leave only a couple MBs that we actually use in active status. I read that having a ton active can bog down our MDE and cause issues. I have these cards at the end. Would any of these need to stay active as they are representing our current tickets? I have an AP as does my DD3. DSs have hoppers attached for May. If one of these represents any of those, anyone know how i figure out which one? I cropped out the numbers in case that is sensitive info.

It is far from certain that having "extra" MBs and/or cards active in your MDX account have any detrimental effects whatsoever.

It has been discussed over the years that having extras MIGHT be an issue in certain odd "scanning problems" at WDW.
But, it has largely been that the info was something that some CMs "decided" was a problem (when we absolutely KNOW that the MDX software has been a sea of glitches of all kinds, regardless if guests have one MB, or two, or twenty, for that matter.)

All that is to say, if you have a couple of extra cards or MBs in your MDX and you'd like to deactivate some of them (or not,) that's fine.
There would be no "need" to keep extra cards or MBs, as none of them are "required" to use any of your ticket assets.
(For that matter, you can have any "re-issued" at any WDW ticket booth or Guest Relations at any time, if some need did arise.)

Your actual ticket ASSETS are not "on" any of the cards or MBs.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a roundabout time that Disney releases tickets for next year? We are considering a Jan or Feb trip and was trying to get an idea on ticket pricing. I know that there will most likely be a price raise but I figured I could at least get a base line. I have to do a little more searching too because I'm pretty sure I came across a thread or post or something that had all the prices available within certain months but I don't remember.

Excuse me if this has been asked before, but with 360 pages, I don't know quite how to search for what I want.

Here is my situation:

1. I went to Disneyland over the weekend and bought a 4 day Park Hopper for all my family, WITH MaxPass.

2. I did the 4 day park hopper rather than just get an annual pass, because ONE DAY of our visit was a Blockout Date for the standard Deluxe Pass.

3. On the 4th day, I converted all the passes to Annual Passes, with MaxPass.

4. It appears, from looking at my receipts, that they did not give us credit (around $60 per pass) for the MaxPass expense, to apply it to our new tickets.

5. Even more important, it looks to me that the amount of credit we received from each 4 day Park Hopper, to apply to the Annual Pass was the total amount MINUS about $100 per ticket, which appears to correlate with what a Park Hopper Pass would have cost for that Blockout Date.

So, does anyone know if it is Disney policy to NOT give you credit for any Blockout Days used, when you convert your tickets to Annual Passes? And do they truly also not give you credit for the MaxPass? Or did I just screw up by not being aware of what was going on, and point out that the money back seemed a bit low?

When I converted, my daughter and granddaughter were able to do it online, and it discussed nothing of these options, only gave some (apparently reduced) credit towards the Annual Pass. But then it appeared to happen also to my wife and I when we went to the ticket window. But I didn't notice it, because we were in a hurry, until my daughter pointed it out later.

Does anyone know about these things? Thanks.

I'm in a situation that has me a bit confused.

-We will be staying on property July 20-23, 4 day park hopper. (Room only, haven't purchased the tickets yet)
-We will be staying in Orlando for a convention a week prior to the above.
-If we decide to visit WDW before our on property check in, should I just buy single days, or purchase the 4 day with the date of our Orlando arrival & add days accordingly?

I've confused myself even further.....:tilt::rolleyes1

I'm in a situation that has me a bit confused.

-We will be staying on property July 20-23, 4 day park hopper. (Room only, haven't purchased the tickets yet)
-We will be staying in Orlando for a convention a week prior to the above.
-If we decide to visit WDW before our on property check in, should I just buy single days, or purchase the 4 day with the date of our Orlando arrival & add days accordingly?

I've confused myself even further.....:tilt::rolleyes1

Once you have made your final plans,
purchase tickets with the correct number of "days" to cover your entire trip.
Tickets need to start on the date that you will first go into a park,
and those tickets should not expire until you have used the last "day."
Since you just said, "a week prior" (and not a date,) I will assume that
your first park day will be July 13 (or 14) and that your last park
day will be July 23.
You can purchase stand-alone tickets to cover up to 10 of those days.
(To be clear, per person, you would buy a SINGLE TICKET that would have
the total number of "days" that you would be going into a WDW theme park.
It is much more costly to buy multiple single tickets that would be used during one
longer trip.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter