1. Can you only get APs from Disney directly? Trying to maximize savings/return on our tickets or APs using some of our rewards credit cards.
2. Was going to purchase 7 day park hopper (4 day + 3) from UT, then possibly upgrade at Disney to an AP.

3. Trying to decide if it would be worth it for us to just go get the APs now instead of waiting to upgrade.

The promo ends today and with price increases looming, I'm hoping to decide something today. I wanted to use my rewards card, which codes UT purchases as travel for extra points.
4. It does not code purchases direct from Disney as travel, so there would be less return on that purchase. Just looking for some insight from the experts.

1. A specific division of the Auto Club named "AAA South" also sells WDW APs.
2. That kind of thing will work.
3. As far as I know, you cannot PURCHASE a new AP and get that deal.
It is only for renewals of current APs.
That info has been in flux during the promotion, and I've been trying to keep things straight.
(If this is incorrect, please correct me.)
4. If (IF) you can get the 13 month deal with a new AP purchase, you need to KNOW (in advance) if you will actually NEED that extra month at the end of the AP life.
Otherwise, there is no advantage to having that option.

Last edited:
1. A specific division of the Auto Club named "AAA South" also sells WDW APs.
2. That kind of thing will work.
3. As far as I know, you cannot PURCHASE a new AP and get that deal.
It is only for renewals of current APs.
That info has been in flux during the promotion, and I've been trying to keep things straight.
(If this is incorrect, please correct me.)
4. If (IF) you can get the 13 month deal with a new AP purchase, you need to KNOW (in advance) if you will actually NEED that extra month at the end of the AP life.
Otherwise, there is no advantage to having that option.

Thank you for the info. I read about the 13 month promo in a thread here on the Dis, but must have missed the part about it only being for renewals. I guess I'll just stick with my original plan to buy from UT and upgrade to the AP on the day we start our trip.

What is happening with expiration dates for online purchases? It was mentioned in the dis news piece but not clarified?

What is happening with expiration dates for. Online purchases? It was mentioned in the disc news piece but not clarified?

If you mean the likely new rules that unused tickets will "expire..."

It means that you would not be able to USE tickets that had been held, unused, past their posted expiration date.

However, their VALUE (price you paid for them) would not be lost, IF you simply buy a NEW ticket (same or greater value.)
You'd get what you had first paid for the original (now-expired) ticket in the process of buying the new ticket.

If you mean the likely new rules that unused tickets will "expire..."

It means that you would not be able to USE tickets that had been held, unused, past their posted expiration date.

However, their VALUE (price you paid for them) would not be lost, IF you simply buy a NEW ticket (same or greater value.)
You'd get what you had first paid for the original (now-expired) ticket in the process of buying the new ticket.
Any idea how long tickets can be held before they expire?

Any idea how long tickets can be held before they expire?

If the current ticket that we KNOW of (the MK one-day ticket) is any indicator,
it will be at least 6-12 months.

It COULD be a longer time, too.

We'll find out soon. Stay tuned.

(Regardless, if you buy a multi-day ticket from an authorized reseller TODAY, it will not have an expiration date.)

Last edited:
I have friends that won 4 1-Day park hoppers. They would like to use them as part of a package. Is this possible?

Last edited:
I have friends that won 4 1-Day park hopper They would like to use them as part of a package. Is this possible?

There's often no reason to need to make stand-alone tickets "part of a package."

However, in the case of "must buy X-day tickets to get 'free' dining" (and similar,)
tickets must be purchased AS PART OF the resort package in order to get the 'free' dining.
The award tickets can't be used for that.

And, when the guests with the award tickets are ready to use them,
it would be wise to ask the question here about the best way to actually utilize them at WDW.
Otherwise, some substantial money could be wasted.

Last edited:
If I know that I am going to upgrade UT tickets to APs upon arrival, I SHOULDN't pre-purchase memory maker because it is included with the AP, correct?? BUT...will the memory maker that comes with upgraded AP tickets be immediately activated, or are they subject to the 3 day wait period. I'd hate to miss out on pictures of our first three days...
Thanks in advance!

(Regardless, if you buy a multi-day ticket TODAY, it will not have an expiration date.)

Just went to WDW site and it states tickets will expire 12/31/2017. There is a discussion on Canada board that says this message was posted early and the new rule will apply starting tomorrow (with the ticket price increase). Not sure if I should buy today.

Just went to WDW site and it states tickets will expire 12/31/2017. There is a discussion on Canada board that says this message was posted early and the new rule will apply starting tomorrow (with the ticket price increase). Not sure if I should buy today.

It sounds like a moot point on the DISNEY site.
But, you should be fine buying from any of the authorized RESELLERS.

Undercovertourist.com
ParkSaver.com
MapleLeafTickets.com
OfficialTicketCenter.com

Many more.

It sounds like a moot point on the DISNEY site.
But, you should be fine buying from any of the authorized RESELLERS.

undercovertourist.com
ParkSaver.com
mapleleaftickets.com

Many more.

Agreed. Canadians buying direct because of the current promo (much better than any reseller discount). Oh well guess we'll just go with it. Thanks.

Website IS currently showing the expiry date...

Yup.

Things have been flying fast, but this info has been a part of the discussion for the last hour, or so.

What is also part of the discussion is that if a guest were to buy tickets on hand from an authorized RESELLER today, this tickets would not have the expiration date.

Last edited:
Just wanted to be sure. if I buy the 4-dayPH with 3 extra days from UT for later use, I would be able to add days to this ticket?

If I know that I am going to upgrade UT tickets to APs upon arrival, I SHOULDN't pre-purchase memory maker because it is included with the AP, correct?? BUT...will the memory maker that comes with upgraded AP tickets be immediately activated, or are they subject to the 3 day wait period. I'd hate to miss out on pictures of our first three days...
Thanks in advance!

I'd like to know this as well, since this is what I plan to do. I'd hate to miss out on any pictures.

If I know that I am going to upgrade UT tickets to APs upon arrival,

1. I SHOULDN't pre-purchase memory maker because it is included with the AP, correct??

2. BUT...will the memory maker that comes with upgraded AP tickets be immediately activated, or are they subject to the 3 day wait period. I'd hate to miss out on pictures of our first three days...

3. I'd like to know this as well, since this is what I plan to do. I'd hate to miss out on any pictures.
1. Yup.
2 & 3. All (ALL) of your photos taken by Photopass/Memory Maker will always be in your WDW files.
All you need to do is to use the free Photopass card or your MagicBand at each photo you take.
It just depends on HOW you will pay for them (AP or some other way) that is the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter