• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket and entry lines....

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
Visited all the parks multiple time in the 1st/2nd week of April.Busy time for sure, but the one massive slowdown/flaw I noticed was at the entry gates.... why oh why doesn't Disney come up with a better solution than turning digital park tickets into hard copy passes? It's not the fault of the travelers, but this was a HUGE problem with crowds etc.
Why create this unwieldy system of virtual tickets (frequently an entire family in one persons phone app) which creates a stoppage, then lots of id'ing, finger scanning (even tiny kids,yikes!) and then processing a batch of hard copy ticket cards to the group,meanwhile the entire line is stopped while this takes place,and it happens constantly now! It's not logical, and clearly creates a massive problem at the gates so I wonder why it is this way. I can think of a few ways to alleviate some of this,one of which would be separate lines for for those who want to get a hard copy ticket.(I used one of those myself) Disney is such an interesting place,why would this continue?

What would your solution be other than hard copy, digital or MB? I agree the digital tends to cause more issues than the other two but I don't see what a different solution would be. You have to have some way of proving you have a ticket.

What would your solution be other than hard copy, digital or MB? I agree the digital tends to cause more issues than the other two but I don't see what a different solution would be. You have to have some way of proving you have a ticket.
Oh yes, I get that.... the problem seemed to be that so many folks had the digital tickets (it seems that's the basic offering nowadays) and then upon entry the line would stop while the cm messed about with issuing hard copy tix to them.... and no one else could enter. Since this seemed to be so frequent, it made me wonder why there isn't something better set up. That stopping the line to turn digital into hard copy should be something that's known and taken care of prior...my best guess is many visitors just don't know ahead of time,and then the LONG lines and stopping constantly to enter the parks. For my own example, I've gone enough times that I knew prior that I wanted to get a hard copy, and did so at GS the day before at springs. I doubt most people know that until the moment they enter. ANd most people don't want to shell out for a pricey MB< so they need the hard tix for rides etc.

Hello - and thank you for this thread as this is the crux of my question.... My family and I (family of four) will be taking a week-long vacation to the other park (Universal) but we have one day planned for HS to see the Star Wars and Toy Story areas. Thus, I have my park reservation and tickets purchased. All four of my family members are in my app and linked. However, I was wondering what the process would be at the gate and also if we purchase G+ for that day. How will we get into the park without each person having a ticket (physical) or MB. In years past we would do a week at a time in The Disney Bubble and would get MBs for this, but I do not want to purchase MBs for each of us for only one day, and, since we will not be resort guests, we will not have early park entrance, thus we will already be at a disadvantage when it comes to the crowds. I called and talked with with a cast member but they were less than helpful with the park entry process with only a one day ticket. Can anyone let me know what that process looks like, and what options I might have in order to get ahead of this situation? Thank you in advance.

I'm no great expert, but I think for one day, you can use the app with all 4 to enter and for G+.... but from what I was seeing,a lot of people were getting a hard copy ticket while entering the turnstiles, which slowed everything down quite a bit. So I'd say either just use the digital tix,or if you can get a hard copy ahead of time at a guest service at Disney,to do that before entering if that's what you want to use. I *think* just the digital works for the day tho...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter