thunderstorms in AK day, help/advice?

maarowak

Mouseketeer
double posting in two different forums

Hi everyone! We at WDW right now, and I had planned to go a second time on MK tomorrow (21st) and AK on friday (22nd). But, it seems we'll have thunderstorms on the 22nd all day long. We are leaving on the 23rd, so my only viable option I believe now is to change my MK day for AK, but not only it's not a recommended day on neither, I don't think I'll be able to move my fastpasses. ):

What should we do? Change anyway, or deal with the thunderstorm on AK? Is there anything we can do there with heavy rain?

This was our plan for the day:

o Rope Drop Kilimanjaro Safari
o Expedition Everest as many times as possible
o if enough time, see if there is anything going on at the conservation station!
o Flights of Wonder — 10h45
o Expedition Everest+ — 11h20 (10:45-11:45)
o Pangani Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek
lunch @ flame tree bbq
o Festival of the Lion King — 12h45 (13h-13h30 show)
o It’s Tough to be a Bug!, meet characters
o Finding Nemo – The Musical — 14h45 (15h-15h40)
o DINOSAUR+ — 15h40 (15h-16h)
o meet characters!
o Kilimanjaro Safari+ — 17h (16h-17h)
o Anything missing?
dinner @ Sanaa 18h50

any advice is much appreciated. I'm a bit lost, to be honest ):

oh, and I forgot to mention, we have reservations for Ohana tomorrow. ):

We are going to Epcot today, 0 reservations... maybe we can change today to AK and 22nd for Epcot?

but then, again, will lose all FPs. |:

I find AK relatively easy to do without FP, especially this time of year and if you can make rope drop. So maybe switch AK & EP? Then see if you can get some FPs, but if not, it's not a total loss.

And for the record, this is THE single reason why I absolutely hate FP+. A lot of the details annoy, but the inability to switch days around due to weather or sickness is just stupid.

I thankfully manage to find all of our FP+ selections for almost the same times, so we are now running to AK! Sadly a bit late for RD, but let's see how it goes! (-:

We are in the exact same boat as you re: dates and weather and departure.

We headed over to AK yesterday at about 1:00 to squeeze in as much as we could JIC Friday is a wash.

We fit a ton into four hours - walked right onto safari, minimal wait for EE, etc. I wouldn't let lack of FPs stop you - we are glad we hopped over there yesterday!

We were there last Friday during very heavy morning rainstorms and just sort of stuck to the attractions that were at least partially sheltered until it cleared up some. One exception was the safari, which we did both during the rain and afterward. We saw more animals while it was raining.

Also, Maharajah Jungle Trek is currently closed, I think until toward the end of this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter