Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Heading to the gym,
Gaining back the strength I lost.
Knee replacement hurts.

( I know it doesn't seem like gratitude, but I'm glad I had the replacement, grateful that I am "better" enough to be getting stronger!)
I hope you feel better soon ! Therapy is a pain in the butt but it sure does help! I’m glad you’re on the other side of your surgery and I hope you see improvement every day!!!’ ❤️❤️❤️❤️

1. Another vote for service animals. I had an aunt that was blind. I was always in awe of her seeing eye dog. It also taught me at a young age to let the service animal do its job and ask the owner for permission to pet the dog when they were safely seated. On top of that, it allowed me to see how a true service animal should behave. In this vein, therapy animals are also great.

2. Flo's poll today reminded me of how much I love aquarium fish. I love that most of our doctors see how calming a nice community tank can be for people waiting to see the doctor. The pediatrician is part of a much larger hospital group and they have aquariums everywhere. My kids are older, but they still benefit from the peace of watching fish. It was like that with DD15 before she went in for surgery on her thumb a few years ago. She was 13 at the time, dealt with a horrible break during a game, and from the ER visit to pre-Op stuff a couple of days later, the fish were calming. My cancer hospital also has aquariums all over. I always take a seat right next to the one in my doctor's area to try and calm my nerves.

3. Beasts of burden played a critical role in humanity for ages. Think of all of the animals that used to do the jobs of things like cars and tractors.

I used to work in a team of corporate/business writers. We went through a phase where one of the guys would put out daily haiku challenges just to have some fun and remind us of our creative sides. It's not a masterpiece, but I couldn't resist...

There's too much to do
Why can't there be five of me
One day I'll miss it

French Fries with things other than Ketchup - I know we're not the only ones, but dipping French fries in a Wendy's frosty was big when I was a teen. Mayo, cream gravy, Cane's sauce, tartar sauce, and remoulade are also high on my list.

Cake combos - I went through a phase where I was making odd combos. Maybe I'm more grateful for the people willing to try them, but the avocado pound cake with bacon brie buttercream really stands out in my mind.

Bacon and anything sweet - I made bacon candies one time. They were good. Some where just straight chocolate dipped bacon, but others involved things like apricot and brown sugar.

My unusual combinations:

sweet potato fries dipped in blue cheese dressing,

salt on watermelon (a trick I learned from my dad)

and I actually did make a pizza cake years ago:
pizza cake 2.JPG

The "sauce" and "cheese" were frosting, the "pepperoni" was cut from fruit roll-ups, the "green peppers" were sour jelly candies, and I can't remember what the "olives" were - maybe some sort of licorice??

When I was younger I enjoyed briefly corn chips and chocolate pudding. French fries (or potato chips) in sandwiches, and frosting on graham crackers.
French fries on sandwiches and on salads is a very Pittsburgh thing. We have a whole chain of restaurants that are known for it—Primanti’s. They put coleslaw on them too.
1. French fries on salad
2. Anchovies on pizza
3. Apricot jelly to glaze a ham loaf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter