Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I just wanna say that I truly truly value and appreciate this thread it is just been a godsend to me one of my goals is to be more optimistic and to be more thankful and just around myself with people with the same attitudes and tired of telling people to be more grateful and I like being around people Are grateful I mean you can be grateful about every little thing in your life and you should be and I so enjoy this thread and enjoy it because of the people that are on it You all are very nice amazing giving kind wonderful people and I’m grateful for all of you! You know as the saying goes you never know what somebody’s going through and you never know what somebody needs and this is what I needed for what I was going through thank you also very much!!! I’m so grateful I just wanted to let you know!!!
People are always quick to complain but often times they never pay out the compliments or tell somebody you really made a difference you really made me feel a whole lot better I like to tell people
Hey you really made a difference you really made me feel a whole lot better thank you so very much!!!
I’m very grateful for you all and the fact you put up with me and my hatred of snow ❄️! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wow! Well said! What an awesome post!
I haven't used this exact expression lately. I raise my Old Fashioned to you, Cheers!!

Mon 5/20 3 breakfast things ❤️
Bacon..with a side of bacon 😋
Homemade buttermilk biscuits. This is a nostalgia pick to honor my southern aunt who made biscuits so light and fluffy. You remain the defeated biscuit queen Lena Ann ❤️
Eggs, gotta be eggs. Versatile and it isn't a real breakfast without them.

As a general rule I don’t eat breakfast - can’t eat right out of bed - I may have a snack several hours later - dry cereal some fruit - but I do enjoy breakfast for dinner

Coffee and preferably some peace & quiet to drink it while reading the DIS & News

Eggs Benedict ❤️ traditional or different like at Kona Cafe

French Toast - ❤️❤️

Pancakes -

Cinnamon Rolls !!!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Donuts or any kind of Danish !!!

Cheerios / Corn Chex ❤️❤️ great for snacking

Fruit - can’t go wrong with fruit - any and all go with any meal fresh or juice !!!

Big NO on hot cereals never acquired a taste for them ! Can only take grits if I make them loaded with cheese with shrimp on them !! 🤣🤣 same for yogurt big no
YMMV !!

Eggs - DH can't start the day just with cereal or other "carby" breakfasts, so we always have eggs on hand.

Biscuits and gravy or Mickey waffles - depending on where we're staying, the things I have to have at least once for breakfast when we visit Florida.

A fond breakfast memory - DS and I used to have a tradition when he was little of "Lucky Charms sundaes" for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day - just cereal on top of vanilla ice cream instead of in milk, but it was a fun little thing to look forward to.

I don't eat breakfast, normally, but won't turn up my nose at brunch!

Eggs, over medium, and hash, preferably corned beef.

Any egg/meat/veg/bread combination that is swimming in Hollandaise sauce!

Good old bacon and fried eggs, over medium. I like to put down a piece of hot buttered toast, put on a layer of bacon, and top it with the egg. Cut down thru all for deliciousness! (OR put a second piece of toast on top and eat it like a sandwich- drippy but good!)

Honorable mention to really good sausage gravy (my sister makes killer sausage gravy, starting with browning the flour in the oven), McCann's Irish oatmeal, and lovely cheesy omelets!

Good Monday Morning! :wave:

#1 - Milk & Cereal - I love love love cereal. Especially LIFE cereal. My all time favorite is Fruity Pebbles, but I haven’t eaten that in eons - to much sugar.

#2 - Eggos - I’ve always loved Eggos, especially the blueberry ones. You can’t get more convenient than them when you have a hankering for waffles.

#3 - Pancakes - Holy Moly do I love pancakes - LOVE them. I can bury myself in pancakes. I’m embarrassed to admit how many I can eat. I don’t eat them very often, because of all the carbs.

Did you all notice a trend in my answers…..
Cereal = sweet (sugar)
Eggos = sweet syrup (sugar)
Pancakes = sweet syrup (sugar)
Sugar & sweetness is something I gravitate to - love it!

A fond breakfast memory - DS and I used to have a tradition when he was little of "Lucky Charms sundaes" for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day - just cereal on top of vanilla ice cream instead of in milk, but it was a fun little thing to look forward to.

I love traditions like this!

My breakfast things:

1. Biscuits and Gravy - I rarely have them, but love them!
2. Bacon - need I say more lol!
3. Eggs - most mornings I have little egg bites that I prepare on Sundays for the week. Makes the morning so much easier!

I usually don't eat breakfast unless we're on vacation or doing a breakfast for dinner sort of thing. So, it's kind of a treat to have breakfast foods.

1. Corned Beef Hash- Every now and then, I find a place that doesn't use the right kind of corned beef or adds something sweet, but most times it is awesome. I've even had a few wild game versions that were great.

2. Most dishes with homemade Hollandaise- I don't care for traditional Eggs Benedict because I don't like English muffins, but I've had some pretty good modern interpretations. If Eggs Sardou or Eggs Florentine are an option, I'll usually go for those. My dad used to make those quite often growing up and we love things like this when we hit up NOLA. There's a restaurant in the FQ that has an amazing Eggs Benedict poboy. YUM! I also consider it a major food violation when places make their hollandaise from those dried sauce packets. It tastes nothing like the real thing.

3. IHOP - Hardly amazing food, but I have fond memories of it from when I was a kid and late nights during my just out of college years. I do miss the boysenberry syrup (Smuckers is the one to blame for that) and I hate that their chocolate chip pancakes vary so much by location, but it's also a source of fond memories for recent holiday trips. Before travel ball took over our world, we used to take a vacation over Christmas. When you're road-tripping, you find that not many places outside of resort areas are not open Christmas Day...but IHOP usually is. So, it became our go-to on Christmas vacation trips. While we were home this year, we decided to make some new IHOP memories. So, we went to the local one for Christmas breakfast, all dressed up in our holiday jammies. It's also a good excuse to bring some holiday joy with generous tips to those having to work on the holiday.

Honorable mention- LOX AND BAGEL!!! It's a favorite...and it was tied to many memories growing up, but it's nearly impossible to find a good bagel here so it's not top in my mind right now.

Second honorable mention- all of the amazing breakfasts we had in Europe. DH is more of an American breakfast kind of guy, but give me some good cheese, amazing breads, etc. and I'm a happy girl.

I don't really eat breakfast. Does coffee count as a meal? 🤣

Coffee
Home fries, hashbrowns (anything potato related)
Eggs (scrambled with salsa and a little bit of cheese)

and when I was a kid... Captain Crunch while watching Speed Racer eating off of my Strawberry Shortcake tv tray.

3 things you're grateful for beginning with A
1. My first name! I love my first name.
2. Alphabets! We had a speaker at church today who talked about linguistics and translation work, and how they have to make alphabets, and it was really interesting!
3. The Apollo program. Space travel is just fascinating to me.

(Sun, 5/19) - things you're grateful for that rhyme
1. Kid Vids - kids videos/movies are some of the best.
2. Backpacks
3. Book Nooks. Okay. So I'm kind of cheating on this one, because I'm really thinking of my closest library, which is much bigger than a nook. But my local library may be closing soon, so I'm extra grateful for it right now. There's another library pretty close that I'll still be able to go to, but much of my weekend has been following these developments which were very sudden to residents.
Was the speaker with Wycliffe? We live near their headquarters, well, not the Wycliffe one, that is in Florida, but the JAARS one, here in NC.

Breakfast food

So, I do eat breakfast, but typically I eat leftovers from the night before and not food that is culturally considered breakfast food. I grew up overseas though, so that may be why. However, I do love actual breakfast food and will order it for dinner at places like Cracker Barrel.

Pancakes with either apple pie or strawberry pie filling on top with whipped cream.
Grits. I love grits, and I didn't even grow up in the South, but my mom did, and she would make them.
Sausage. I am picky about sausage, but I love good sausage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter