Three kids... What to do about strollers

chimommy

Mouseketeer
So next trip our kids will be 5,3,and 1... Trying to figure out what to do about strollers..

1. Rent a double ( like we normally do) and also add on the skateboard so our 5yr old can stand and ride when he gets tired.

2. Rent a double and bring a single travel stroller with us. I really want to limit how much stuff we are bring with us in the airport.. Dealing wih the three little ones is enough :)

Or should I just rent a double and a single stroller?? Not sure if it will be absolutely necessary for our 5yr old to be in a stroller.. I'm sure he will get tired.. I figured worse case I can put my 1 yr old in a wrap and carry her around if I need to put the older one in the stroller too.

I would rent to the double nad bring a single with me to the airport. The trek across the airport can get long and its nice to have someplace to put your stuff when you have 3 kids to keep track of.

So next trip our kids will be 5,3,and 1... Trying to figure out what to do about strollers..

1. Rent a double ( like we normally do) and also add on the skateboard so our 5yr old can stand and ride when he gets tired.

2. Rent a double and bring a single travel stroller with us. I really want to limit how much stuff we are bring with us in the airport.. Dealing wih the three little ones is enough :)

Or should I just rent a double and a single stroller?? Not sure if it will be absolutely necessary for our 5yr old to be in a stroller.. I'm sure he will get tired.. I figured worse case I can put my 1 yr old in a wrap and carry her around if I need to put the older one in the stroller too.

First, I would start going for walks with the kids. All of them that can walk should. Just to build up endurance.

As for strollers, I would just get/use a double. The 3 and 5 year old can trade off. The 3 year old will most likely want to walk. At least mine did even at not quite 2. I did not have a stroller for my DS when he was 5 at all but he was an only child then. This way the 3 year old can walk when s/he wants and the 5 year old can take a quick break from walking at that time.

Mine were 4 (3 months shy of 5), 2.5, and 11 months when we went and we had a double and a single. I definitely think I would want a seat for everyone, but it depends on your kids personalities. My girls (the two oldest) would have fought over the seats and I would have ended up carrying the baby all day. ;)

Mine were 4 (3 months shy of 5), 2.5, and 11 months when we went and we had a double and a single. I definitely think I would want a seat for everyone, but it depends on your kids personalities. My girls (the two oldest) would have fought over the seats and I would have ended up carrying the baby all day. ;)

This is probably what would end up happening to us. Last trip our 2 yr old wanted to do whatever the 4 yr old was doing. I know they will all be tired at some point. One year we took our single to the airport and rented a double.. We didnt even end up using the single bc I just put the baby in a wrap while we were in the airport.. I found it easier that lugging the stroller around. But it's probably smart to brim the single since we are also going to spend a few days at the beach after we go to disney.

If your baby likes the wrap, and it won't be too hot, I would just rent a double and carry the baby when both the older kids want to ride. The 3 & 5 can also switch off some when the baby needs to ride. Having a seat or a carry for everyone is great, but dealing with two strollers when the 5 will most likely want to walk a lot is a pain. DS walked the entire trip at 5, but his same age , healthy strog BFF needed a stroller so it is just a toss up!

I have heard of people bungie cording a small umbrella (like a maclaren volo) to a bigger stroller when not in use. Then you'd have it when you need it and aren't pushing it when you don't. Might be complicated on disney buses though.

I'd say it depends in part on how used to baby wearing you are. When my dd was six months old, I wore her all the time and it wouldn't have been a problem for me to wear her for a good chunk of a day at WDW. But she started walking at ten months and she hated being worn after she started walking. So by the time she was a year old, I was out of practice and couldn't have comfortably worn her for long.

I also say say single and double. You can always leave one in the room, or park it in the park for awhile. It is going to be super heavy to push all 3 on one stroller. We did not rent for my then 4 year old (and 6 year old) the first year, and I regretted it. Everybody needs a seat!

We took a sit and stand for our 3 kids.

I bought it purposely for Disney in 2006 after our 3rd child was born.

We used it in Disney in 2008 for the first and last time! As in it was our last time with a stroller in Disney. Our kids were 2 1/2, nearly 5 and 7 1/2. Let's just say my older 2 fought to sit and since they were both very small the both got to sit.

Oh yeah we exceeded the weight limit and the stroller was screeching it's way around Epcot but it worked. Yes the kids walked but they also sat.

We have also taken 2 strollers, 2 singles, since we had 2 kids and a bun in the oven on that trip. I loved having 2 strollers since it was nice to have my hands somewhere.

When mine were around that, I packed a biggish stroller with basket under and baby's pumpkin seat could clip onto the stroller; umbrella stroller for 3yo kind of bungee corded sticking diagonally out of the basket when the 3yo was walking (often), 5 yo usually walked. only rented a a Disney double for Epcot where the place was just too large for the 5 yo to walk the whole time (that day 3&5 would share & you have one of your personal strollers for baby)

I own a sit and stand at home and like it generally, but mine would not have folded quickly enough or compact enough for me to manage Disney buses easily - not an issue if you drive yourself.

We have a 4yo and 1 yo twins, so we've rented a single stroller & a double (plus I'll have my Ergo & mei tai for carrying the twins in lines, etc.) For MY situation, it made the most sense - my 4yo would be upset that she doesn't get a ride (even though she'll most likely be jumping in & out the entire time), PLUS, keeping her in the stroller will help us keep her near us - otherwise she'd be all over the place!

We're not bringing our own stroller, because 1) we only have a double, and although I LOVE it, it doesn't fold up well, and 2) I don't want to have to juggle all of that through the airport. (There, the 4yo will walk, and we will each have a baby.)

IF we change our mind, it'll be to cancel the single stroller & take/borrow my in-laws' single umbrella stroller, which isn't as comfy as the City Mini we're renting.

We took a 5,4, and 2 yr old. It seemed at any given time one of them wanted to walk or the 2 yr old would ride dad's shoulders. I was surprised we made it with just a double. I was even more surprised how much my 5 yr old walked! I would rent the double and bring the single just in case. See how it goes the first day. The single stroller may come in useful at the airport for your 3 yr old while you wear your youngest.

I'd use a double and a carrier. Some 5 year olds will walk the entire time. Some 1 year olds will refuse the stroller and want to hang in the carrier. With a double and a carrier, all the kids have a spot. If the 5 year old walks some, then the baby has two options. My 3 aren't as close in age - so we did a single and a sling on all the trips we had with two kids 3 and under.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter