Thread for People staying off site

I think I knew that but probably forgot. But that answers my question I had awhile ago as to why they changed the park hours to 8 am for June instead of just making them EMH's.

And a question about the monorail.... weren't they doing some weird scheduling this summer?

We are going to MK on June 17th (next wednesday) and have an 8:05 ADR and the park opens at 8:00 am.
We are staying at Bonnet Creek and are planning to leave at 7 am at the very latest but I'm wondering if we should try to leave earlier in hopes of being able to enter the park a little early. Any idea of what the monorail situation will be?

Information from http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportation/monorail.htm . (Based on last few monorail posts in this thread, though, it appears that the shutdowns may be at different times than those listed here.)

Operating hours:

Adjusted hours for refurbishment - The Express beam (between the TTC and Magic Kingdom) will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015. An exact end date is not known.

Magic Kingdom Express: 1 hour before park open to 1 hour after park close, not including Extra Magic Hours

Magic Kingdom Resorts: 6:30am until 1 hour after park close, not including Extra Magic Hours

EPCOT: 1 hour before park open until 1 hour after park close, not including Extra Magic Hours

Outside of these hours, alternate watercraft and bus transportation is available.

EDIT / ADDED: After finding the above info, I found this schedule (from http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/05...alt-disney-world-monorail-system-into-summer/) that has more info that seems more accurate to what others are saying they've recently experienced.

Resort Beam
  • Sunday: 7am to 12:00am
  • Monday: 8:30am to 12:00am
  • Tuesday: 8:30am to 12:00am
  • Wednesday: 8:30am to 12:00am
  • Thursday to Saturday – regular hours (7am until 1 hour after regular hours park closing at the Magic Kingdom)
Epcot Beam
  • Sunday: 8am to 11pm
  • Monday: 9am to 11pm
  • Tuesday: 9am to 11pm
  • Wednesday: 9am to 11pm
  • Thursday to Saturday – regular hours (8am until 2 hours after regular hours park closing)
Express Beam
  • Sunday: 8:30am to 11:30pm
  • Monday: 9:30am to 11:30pm
  • Tuesday: 9:30am to 11:30pm
  • Wednesday: 9:30am to 12:00am
  • Thursday: 8:30am to 11:30am, 6pm to 1am
  • Friday: 8:30am to 11:30am, 6pm to 1am
  • Saturday – regular hours (30 minutes prior to Magic Kingdom opening until 1 hour after regular hours park closing)

Last edited:
^^Thank you - that added info on the schedule is the one I was thinking I had seen before but couldn't find it again - I could only find the info that said the monorails would be closed during the day on tuesday/wednesday.

So we're going to MK next wednesday and looks like the ferry will be our option to get over to MK that day.

So EMH's are only available to on-site guests?
Yes and No. Early morning EMH is only available to onsite guests. But evening EMH may work for off site guests, as they COULD stay in the park, just not ride any rides! I'm thinking it would be a nice way to see fireworks or parade at MK or Illuminations at Epcot? Or just wander around and look at stuff without feeling pressured to do rides. I think we are going to try it on our trip. We have hoppers and will hop over from another park. Just have to Make sure we are in the evening EMH park BEFORE it closes for off site guests. I read this on another site run by a pirate. He says you cant buy anything either, but I find it hard to believe Disney wouldnt take ur money!. Besides on non EMH nights the shops in Main St. are open and taking money an hour past closing time. Any way we arent much of shoppers and will already have eaten.

I think there will be a time, as another thread states, that EMHs are going the way of the dinosaur. Maybe they will give them a few extra FPs or something. But really, most of everyone would stay longer, so we would buy more food, drink, icecream, because we stay later, hungrier, more time to shop, and so I think they eliminate a big part of their profits by cutting out the majority of guests. Particularly for the late night ones, less so for the early ones, I get that that is a good perk and its easy to keep the offsite guests from coming in, but when they are already in? So I think this will get phased out. If they stay open for labor costs, they need to reap the benefits. Living where we do, where almost 90% of our neighborhoods are vacation villas, there are LOTS of offsite guests. It just works for big parties, families, those with pets, etc. The resort style doesn't work for everyone. So why should Disney cut out potential extra earnings? Those are my 10 cents.

I think there will be a time, as another thread states, that EMHs are going the way of the dinosaur. Maybe they will give them a few extra FPs or something. But really, most of everyone would stay longer, so we would buy more food, drink, icecream, because we stay later, hungrier, more time to shop, and so I think they eliminate a big part of their profits by cutting out the majority of guests. Particularly for the late night ones, less so for the early ones, I get that that is a good perk and its easy to keep the offsite guests from coming in, but when they are already in? So I think this will get phased out. If they stay open for labor costs, they need to reap the benefits. Living where we do, where almost 90% of our neighborhoods are vacation villas, there are LOTS of offsite guests. It just works for big parties, families, those with pets, etc. The resort style doesn't work for everyone. So why should Disney cut out potential extra earnings? Those are my 10 cents.
That is strictly in rumor stage at this point. It is a conclusion that was jumped to because they didn't appear on the park schedule for January 2016. It is very common for them to post those schedules piece meal and I would wait until a month or so has passed before I'd try to inquire about it.

I know you didn't say this, but, as for people staying on site after EMH starts, I'm not sure that they even repeat the fireworks after regular park closing. Parades sometimes, I don't really know. What I do know is that I would have no reason to stay there, half the night, and not be able to do anything except watch others. I think I would prefer checking out the inside of my eyelids and get recharged for the next day. Seems like a colossal waste of time to me.

That is strictly in rumor stage at this point. It is a conclusion that was jumped to because they didn't appear on the park schedule for January 2016. It is very common for them to post those schedules piece meal and I would wait until a month or so has passed before I'd try to inquire about it.

I know you didn't say this, but, as for people staying on site after EMH starts, I'm not sure that they even repeat the fireworks after regular park closing. Parades sometimes, I don't really know. What I do know is that I would have no reason to stay there, half the night, and not be able to do anything except watch others. I think I would prefer checking out the inside of my eyelids and get recharged for the next day. Seems like a colossal waste of time to me.

Yes I agree. A waste of time if the park is closed for you, why stay there. The point is, Disney wants us to stay longer and spend more. If they are going to pay the same labor to stay open, might as well stay open for the masses and close for the masses. Conversely, I think they should keep the early EMH. One more hour isn't going to add as much labor as 2-3 later on. I do think enjoying the ambience is part of it. I sometimes am totally NOT ready to leave EP at 9pm *lol* so I will stand in line for photos, shop a tad etc. I can see people staying in the parks as long as possible. Might as well rack up the $$ for it.... just my friendly opinions.

Of course, as full time residents, we won't be staying on resort property (that would be silly) so EMH definitely doesn't help this AP spender....

We're staying off-site as well. Largely due to cost - it's saving us over $2000 when you factor in the ability to be able to buy groceries and make meals, and the savings includes 3 ADR. But we also did not relish the idea of spending a weeK or more sharing a single room with the kids. No thank you. Disney or not, we plan on relaxing. So instead, we got a house in Glenbrook with a large private pool and games room :) lol. To me that sounds far more magical! We're driving so we don't need to rent a car. We are limiting afternoon breaks due to driving back and forth, but we would have anyways since the idea of transitioning my kids to the park, then back and forth a few times isn't all that appealing.
Hi there. Could you link me to the Glenbrook house you rented?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter