Thoughts on these 2 baby carriers

Wanna be Ariel

DIS Veteran
Bitybean UltraCompact Baby Carrier
Boba Air Lightweight Baby Carrier

Just wondering what is the good and bad if anyone has them. Thank you for the help

I own 20+ baby carriers of all varieties and once owned the boba air and I hated it and sold it. I think for both carriers there just isn't enough support because of the materials. How heavy is the baby/toddler?

My favorite Florida hot weather carrier for the parks is my all seasons Lillebaby (airflow would have the same benefits). Highly recommend as an alternative.

I would go and try them on with the baby in it.

What is comfortable on one person may not be comfy on another.

Definitely try them, it depends on age and size of the baby. I was using a boba air with my 3yo, but I didn't have to carry her all day. I would want something with more cushioning if it would be all day every day.

I own 20+ baby carriers of all varieties and once owned the boba air and I hated it and sold it. I think for both carriers there just isn't enough support because of the materials. How heavy is the baby/toddler?

My favorite Florida hot weather carrier for the parks is my all seasons Lillebaby (airflow would have the same benefits). Highly recommend as an alternative.
I started with the Tula but when my son hit 20 lbs or so it got a bit uncomfortable for me. I recently got the Lillebaby all seasons and I LOVE it. So comfortable. I kind of regret not getting the airflow but we live in a colder climate so this is truly more all seasons for me. I definitely recommend a Lillebaby.

Boba Air has no padding. I couldn't imagine using it for more then small amounts of time in the carrier.

Maybe your area has a babywearing group. Often times they have a lending library to let you try out different carriers. It could be a nice way to try a few.

I have a Boba 4G and have been using it for the past 18 months and still find it comfortable.

I wore my LO in a Tula last time and found it very comfortable. And they sell the mesh ones too, which is supposed to be more breathable on hotter days. I've also heard great things about the Lillibaby. But I would definitely go with something with more padding and support. I never realized how many hills are in AK or how steep the ramp to the monorail was until I had a baby strapped to me LOL!

We took the Boba Air on our trip September of last year. DD was 12 months and 20 lbs at the time and it worked pretty well for us. I wore her for about two hours while she slept through MNSSHP and probably the real reason I was ready to take her off had more to do with hauling around 20 lbs than the carrier being too uncomfortable for me. And being that she slept so long it must have been comfortable enough for her. We also used it on trips when she was 5 months and 19 months. I think by 19 months I noticed it left red marks on her legs where the fabric pressed into her. We haven't used it much since then as she has gotten too heavy and tall for me to front carry and she doesn't like to be on my back. Overall we've liked this carrier a lot as it is lightweight and compact while still being pretty comfortable. I will probably throw it in our luggage for our December trip because I think we may still get some use out of it.

Neither has great padding for the wearer, especially the bittybean. It is perfect for the pool, and quick trips, but for a longer thing like a Disney trip, definitely not something I would wear. I mostly use a lillebaby all seasons and an ergo adapt. Both have good padding, with the lillebaby winning on lumbar support.

The biggest deal with any carrier is going to be adjusting it for the most comfortable fit. I wore my 27lb baby on a hiking field trip and I would have been more comfortable if I had remembered I needed to make adjustments before I put baby in.

See if there is a baby wearing group near you. You can try some on and see how they fit. I love my Toddler size Beco for DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter