• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on the Hilton Doubletree at Disney Springs??

kimj88

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am giving very serious consideration to staying there next January. The price is great for a 1 bedroom with King bed and queen sofa in living room. It looks very nice and it is a Hilton brand, which I trust. This would be our first stay off-site and we usually stay Deluxe, particularly BCV. We won't have a car but can walk to Disney Springs and shuttle to parks and the price is sooooooo much lower. Who has stayed there or any of those nearby hotels and what are your thoughts?

I have never stayed there, but have also been looking into off-site. Just wanted to point out one thing with relying on the Disney buses from Downtown Disney is that you need to ride to a resort and then take another bus to the parks, the buses from Downtown Disney do not go directly to any of the parks. Just something to plan for. Also, since nothing in Downtown Disney is even open prior to 10am I am not sure how quick bus service in the mornings would be. Something you'd definitely want to look into.

I think that trying to use the DS buses to get to parks in the mornings, or anytime really would be a total nightmare. As mentioned, you will have to take a bus to a resort and then transfer to a park bus. We find the buses to DS to be the least reliable of any and as also mentioned they start later than other buses. We like and trust Hilton but I think that Double Tree is one of the lower end hotels so while it would certainly be clean and fine, I doubt it would in anyway compare to a WDW deluxe hotel. I would consider doing a moderate on site. Much less than a deluxe but you have your on site perks. We like CSR. I would even do a value on site rather than have to deal with that bus nightmare.

We stayed at Doubletree last year. There was a leak in the ceiling, which ran down the wall and saturated a big section of the carpet. The room smelled of mold. After complaining, no one came to look at it (we were checking out the next morning) and when we complained again at check out, their response was, "oh". No "I'm sorry", just "oh".

Is the Doubletree in the same complex as the Homewood Suites by Hilton? If so, the Homewood is terrific, roomy, units have kitchens, nice free breakfast buffet, & complimentary light dinner & drinks Mon.-Thurs. The shuttle bus is reliable & efficient.

We weren't big fans of the Doubletree. Very crowded and transportation isn't as convenient.

Hi! I am giving very serious consideration to staying there next January. The price is great for a 1 bedroom with King bed and queen sofa in living room. It looks very nice and it is a Hilton brand, which I trust. This would be our first stay off-site and we usually stay Deluxe, particularly BCV. We won't have a car but can walk to Disney Springs and shuttle to parks and the price is sooooooo much lower. Who has stayed there or any of those nearby hotels and what are your thoughts?

January is a good time to look for bargains at Disney properties -- I'm not sure I would ever stay out of the world without a car. The Swan/Dolphin often has low rates available for AAA members, and you are in the middle of the transportation system.

Why do you have to take a bus to a resort first? We stayed in downtown Disney hotels before and they ran their own park buses every 30 minutes. They dropped you off in the park parking lots. Only MK you have to take the monorail or ferry over just like anyone else not staying in a WDW resort. We didn't find it so bad, both trips we got super deals that were too good to pass up.

For your MK days maybe just take an Uber to the Contemporary resort then you can walk from there. Although my son loves riding the ferry or monorail over there in the morning, it seems so exciting for him.

**Just read on the transportation board that sometimes the Contemporary guards ask for the room number or adr confirmation number, so if that may be unreliable it's probably best just to go to the TTC and take the ferry or monorail.

Last edited:
Why do you have to take a bus to a resort first? We stayed in downtown Disney hotels before and they ran their own park buses every 30 minutes. They dropped you off in the park parking lots. Only MK you have to take the monorail or ferry over just like anyone else not staying in a WDW resort. We didn't find it so bad, both trips we got super deals that were too good to pass up.

The original poster mentioned walking to Disney Springs and taking the Disney buses. Disney only runs buses to/from Disney Springs and the Resorts, none of their buses will go directly from Disney Springs to the parks. The schedule of when each non-Disney hotel runs its shuttles depends on the hotel itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter