Thoughts on my ADR Plan?

pixiedust33

Mouseketeer
My ADR booking window is coming up tomorrow, so I'm particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has booked ADRs lately for the February/early March time frame yet as to availability and strategy for order in which I should book. Anyone think I'll have trouble getting these? These are based around our current park plans but I would REALLY like to get sci-fi so willing to move the HS day later in the trip if needed:

Day 1 - 5pm, Kona Cafe
Day 2 - 10:45am, Crystal Palace
Day 3 - 5pm, Sci Fi Dine In
Day 4 - 9am, Chef Mickeys AND 5pm, Ohana
Day 5 - 5pm - Beaches and Cream

My strategy is to go for Sci Fi first, then Ohana, Crystal Palace (I understand this is not particularly in demand, but I really want this specific day and time), Beaches and Cream, Chef Mickeys, and Kona.

Would welcome any thoughts!

I understand that you really want Crystal Palace on a certain day/time, but I would still recommend booking Beaches and Cream and Chef Mickeys before Crystal Palace. Just my thoughts, have a great trip!

I understand that you really want Crystal Palace on a certain day/time, but I would still recommend booking Beaches and Cream and Chef Mickeys before Crystal Palace. Just my thoughts, have a great trip!
Thank you! This is the feedback I’m looking for! I will move up Chef Mickeys. Might keep Beaches and Cream lower just because I’m only 50/50 on that right now (still debating the park plan for that day, which is a whole different thread!)

I'd probably do a Chef Mickey's breakfast before CP. It can be a tough get. You might also look initially at "3", but you might also potentially try for "4" if you don't get a time you want. Sometime, we have found those to be easier for some reason - and then we adjust the number, without penalty, at check-in.

I'd probably do a Chef Mickey's breakfast before CP. It can be a tough get. You might also look initially at "3", but you might also potentially try for "4" if you don't get a time you want. Sometime, we have found those to be easier for some reason - and then we adjust the number, without penalty, at check-in.
Thank you! I haven’t been to chef mickeys since the 90s and I’ve read such negative things about the food that I was thinking it would be an easy ADR to grab. Sounds like that’s wrong so I’m glad I checked! Very excited to take our 2 year old there for his first Disney trip so moving that up!

Thank you! I haven’t been to chef mickeys since the 90s and I’ve read such negative things about the food that I was thinking it would be an easy ADR to grab. Sounds like that’s wrong so I’m glad I checked! Very excited to take our 2 year old there for his first Disney trip so moving that up!
We don't do it often, but we did in early December - and it was a lot of fun. The food is a breakfast buffet (as you know!). It's not fine dining, but the food isn't horrible either. You'll have eggs, meats, Mickey waffles, potatoes, sweets, coffee, juice, and many other options..... It's expensive. But it's worth it for the experience with the characters (probably at least 200 pictures before you leave!!) - and you won't go hungry. But it is definitely a challenging ADR at times. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Sitting on the website now waiting to book. Getting a bit nervous as I look at the current availability for March 2, as the only reservation I would be able to book that I wanted is Kona. Obviously last minute, but I'm wondering if anyone who is awake is aware of whether Crystal Palace even has 10:45am breakfast reservations? I thought they did, but it does seem to generally have really good availability, except the last reservation I see is 10:20am. Or maybe other people are also into this idea of booking a late breakfast reservation so you can also get the lunch stuff starting to come out at 11?

Following up for anyone who is interested - the toughest get was definitely Sci Fi Cafe, as expected. I did have to move our HS day to the last day of our trip to get it, and our reservation is 30 minutes earlier than I wanted it to be. Everything else I was able to grab at the times I wanted, even Ohana for dinner and Chef Mickey's for breakfast at 60+2 (earlier in the trip than I intended because of the HS shuffle). I did have to settle for Crystal Palace at 10:30, but that's no big deal.

ETA: I've also found it easier to grab tables for even numbered groups in the past but I toggled between 3 and 4 this morning and saw no difference. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter