Thoughts on Fireworks

What are you doing Monday?
The MNSSHP is scheduled that Friday, Sunday and Tuesday..... so you are limited to Sat or Monday to see the new Happily Ever After at MK. If you want to see HEA that will put you in MK for 2 evenings, leaving only Mon or Sat and Tues. to be in other parks.
Epcot will be insanely busy on Sat and Sunday for Food and Wine. So Epcot for Tuesday is a good choice if you definitely want to see Illuminations.... (keep in mind that there are lots of rumors that Illuminations is going to change or go away next year, so this may be a last chance thing)
Rivers of Light right now is only scheduled for Sat, Sun and Tuesday.
So you need to decide which ones you definitely want to see! and then work around the MNSSHP.
Here's what I'd do..... (I am not a big Star Wars fan and already saw that and wasn't really impressed)
Sat..... AK for Rivers of Light
Sunday .... MNSSHP
Monday.... MK for Happily Ever After
Tues..... Epcot for Illuminations.

Hope you have a great time!! We will be there same time, but not doing MNSSHP.

I am planning a 4 park ticket rather than a 4 day. It will allow me to get a good overview of the four parks. Saturday and Monday are still up in the air. Viewing video of the two shows now to decide. I am a big Star Wars fan, so that is on my must do list. Of course, gotta do F&W, and Sugar Ray is a definite.

Since you are solo and if you want to walk it, it is very possible to watch Star Wars at HS (assuming it is at 8) and then walk that path to Epcot and see Illuminations (at 9:00). I have done this. I made it to Epcot with time to spare. You would have to walk briskly, but it's not that bad. You would come in the back entrance to Epcot and already be right at the World Showcase. It's just a thought if you want to squeeze two into one night.

I had considered that originally, but decided to go for the four park ticket instead of parkhoppers.

Does anyone have any input on Rivers of Light?
It was nice to see once, but we won't put forth much effort to see it again. Of all of the night time shows, I would skip this one for your short trip. I would definitely see the fireworks at HS. They were awesome!

I had considered that originally, but decided to go for the four park ticket instead of parkhoppers.

Oh, your itinerary in the first post made it look like 2 park days, so I assumed you were splitting them up, but I see you skipped actual days of the week. That being known, if you are seeing Hallowishes, then I would skip Happily Ever After. I haven't seen HEA yet, and I hear it is amazing, but it is also the newest show and will be around for a while. There are rumors about Illuminations being changed or replaced in the not too distant future, though nothing is concrete. I would definitely see it this time.

It was nice to see once, but we won't put forth much effort to see it again. Of all of the night time shows, I would skip this one for your short trip. I would definitely see the fireworks at HS. They were awesome!

I know I will be back in Animal Kingdom come December with another family member, so it may be one to delay.

Oh, your itinerary in the first post made it look like 2 park days, so I assumed you were splitting them up, but I see you skipped actual days of the week. That being known, if you are seeing Hallowishes, then I would skip Happily Ever After. I haven't seen HEA yet, and I hear it is amazing, but it is also the newest show and will be around for a while. There are rumors about Illuminations being changed or replaced in the not too distant future, though nothing is concrete. I would definitely see it this time.

Sorry for the confusion. My plans are still a work in progress. Kind of planning like a mad man, but considering I used to do this for a living, I can handle it. IllumiNations is already on the menu, considering I will be attending the Food & Wine Festival this year. MNSSHP and Epcot are what I am building everything around, though I haven't really booked any meals for Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I do plan to do the Star Wars Dessert Party though. Would be a nice way to wind down the day.

I would skip IllumiNations, too. I was surprised how much our entire family loved the new Happily Ever After. My kids have been to Disney over 500 times and my daughter still cried when she saw these fireworks. Here is that video from the new Happily Ever After.

We all love Fantasmic and Star Wars, too.

I would skip IllumiNations, too. I was surprised how much our entire family loved the new Happily Ever After. My kids have been to Disney over 500 times and my daughter still cried when she saw these fireworks. Here is that video from the new Happily Ever After.

We all love Fantasmic and Star Wars, too.

I ultimately decided to skip Rivers of Light since I will be able to see it in December. This will be my first time seeing any of the fireworks and spectaculars, and given I had a planned day in Epcot anyway, for Food & Wine, with no park hoppers, IllumiNations was going to make it in.

Have you ever seen a fairly large-scale fireworks show before? If you have, then don't kill yourself over this decision. Fireworks are fireworks - just nix the one that impacts your schedule the least.

Rivers of Light is a massive snoozefest. Boring, lacking of cohesive narrative. Skipping it is the right call. There are better things to spend the time on. I'm glad we did the dining package so at least we didn't have to wait in line for seating.

Honestly, if there is one nighttime thing you do at WDW, I would suggest not missing Fantasmic! Because of the timing, we couldn't get from Fantastmic to a good Star Wars fireworks viewing spot last week, so we just watched the fireworks on our way out of DHS back to the parking lot. So you'll sacrifice some fireworks viewing if you do Fantasmic, but IMO it's a small tradeoff.

Have you ever seen a fairly large-scale fireworks show before? If you have, then don't kill yourself over this decision. Fireworks are fireworks - just nix the one that impacts your schedule the least.

Rivers of Light is a massive snoozefest. Boring, lacking of cohesive narrative. Skipping it is the right call. There are better things to spend the time on. I'm glad we did the dining package so at least we didn't have to wait in line for seating.

Honestly, if there is one nighttime thing you do at WDW, I would suggest not missing Fantasmic! Because of the timing, we couldn't get from Fantastmic to a good Star Wars fireworks viewing spot last week, so we just watched the fireworks on our way out of DHS back to the parking lot. So you'll sacrifice some fireworks viewing if you do Fantasmic, but IMO it's a small tradeoff.

I already have Star Wars planned. Fantasmic I will get next time. It ended up with certain things working in my favor with my schedule in September. I do plan to do ROL in December, but my mother will be on that trip as well so it will give her a chance to rest before leaving the park.

I would skip both Illuminations AND RoL, because the one I absolutely would NOT skip is Happily Ever After, which you will miss if you only go to MK for the Halloween party.

I would skip both Illuminations AND RoL, because the one I absolutely would NOT skip is Happily Ever After, which you will miss if you only go to MK for the Halloween party.

I had already stated I will be doing Epcot due to Food & Wine. The decision is already made though. Doing just a half day at Animal Kingdom this trip, and a full day at the other three plus the party.

Where did you buy the 4-Park ticket from?!
I can't find ANY info about it,
and that might suit our needs.

Where did you buy the 4-Park ticket from?!
I can't find ANY info about it,
and that might suit our needs.

I am upgrading my ticket, but Disney has 4 Park Magic Tickets available on their site. A little cheaper than 4 Day tickets but they have to be used by 9/30, purchased by 7/30, and you can't add park hoppers. One entrance per park, per ticket, on separate days.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter