• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those using swagbucks ???

Has anyone purchased a large amount of gift cards from MGC? I'm looking at buying Delta GCs for our flights to London in Sept (for our 1st DCL!), but would need about $1700. Do you think this would cause any red flags or would I need to do anything special to purchase?

You shouldn't have a problem. I have bought $1000 in Southwest and have gotten the points, and that was that.

I wouldn't buy a lot of small gc because I think DL limits the number you can use. I'd look into that first.

Yep, get the $500 gift cards. With Delta you can only use 3 gift cards per transaction.

Feb is a good month to take a break from Swagbucks. Possible March too.

Recent changes (there are probably more I didn't list)
  • No more free games
  • Watch videos not auto-advancing and nCraves glitchy and low sb for more videos in a list.
  • To Do List got cheapened up.

I refuse to struggle and stress this month for pennies. I'll be back when they make the effort involved worth the earnings. I did this last year too.

I totally agree with this. Especially the bolded. Yesterday was brutal. Today, just as bad. I'm taking a SB break. Not worth it anymore (at the moment at least).

Has anyone purchased a large amount of gift cards from MGC? I'm looking at buying Delta GCs for our flights to London in Sept (for our 1st DCL!), but would need about $1700. Do you think this would cause any red flags or would I need to do anything special to purchase?
I've done in several times with Southwest gift cards. I just bought $500 worth of Southwest gift cards two weeks ago and everything went through perfectly. We're also paying for our hotel rooms using hotels.com gift cards we bought through MyGiftcardsPlus.

Have fun on your trip!

I wouldn't buy a lot of small gc because I think DL limits the number you can use. I'd look into that first.

You shouldn't have a problem. I have bought $1000 in Southwest and have gotten the points, and that was that.

Yep, get the $500 gift cards. With Delta you can only use 3 gift cards per transaction.

I've done in several times with Southwest gift cards. I just bought $500 worth of Southwest gift cards two weeks ago and everything went through perfectly. We're also paying for our hotel rooms using hotels.com gift cards we bought through MyGiftcardsPlus.

Have fun on your trip!

Thank you all! Yes, I would be buying the $500. I'm thinking maybe 3 $500s and a $100 as it's a little over $800 per ticket RT currently. To get the most savings, I'd have to book my husband and I separate, which I don't think would be a huge issue. We'd still be able to sit together.

Now if anyone has any ways to save on JetBlue, I'm allll ears!

I totally agree with this. Especially the bolded. Yesterday was brutal. Today, just as bad. I'm taking a SB break. Not worth it anymore (at the moment at least).

I second this. I'm still swagging but not agonizing over it. Which I actually should be as our final payment is coming up. I got the monthly master in January (by some miracle), but already ruined that streak on Super Bowl Sunday. It was 9 PM after all our guests left and realized I still needed like 50 SB. I said screw it. I'd be up for another 2 hours just clicking through 1pt. videos that take 20 minutes. Sometimes its just not worth it.

Where are these games on SB and how do you get SB from them... all I ever see is having to buy into games and get SB for spending money in a game...

Where are these games on SB and how do you get SB from them... all I ever see is having to buy into games and get SB for spending money in a game...
Click on Play and go to the bottom of the page. The last games on the page are in a section called Swagbucks Games, and those are the free ones. I do the Swagasaurus Run. It will award 2 SB after each 2 rounds of the game.

Glad to see the free games back. At least that is an easy 10 SB at a time when it is like pulling teeth to earn enough SB to reach first goal.

Click on Play and go to the bottom of the page. The last games on the page are in a section called Swagbucks Games, and those are the free ones. I do the Swagasaurus Run. It will award 2 SB after each 2 rounds of the game.

Glad to see the free games back. At least that is an easy 10 SB at a time when it is like pulling teeth to earn enough SB to reach first goal.

Point to add... depending on how long it takes you to finish your game, you may have to pause a bit between rounds in order for SB to credit the game towards earning SB. Once you realize it doesn’t matter what your score is, most of us play to lode. ;)

Question to those of you who had issues with the Virtual Visas and ShopDisney. I had redeemed a Virtual Visa about a week ago with no issues, but tried again a few days ago and had to cancel my order because they couldn't verify the billing details. I'm mad at myself for not seeing this was a known issue on this thread! For those of you who had the same issue, did the credit eventually go back to the Virtual Visa? The cast member on ShopDisney said I would have to contact the card company and try to get them to reinstate the credit if it's not there in 5 business days. That sounds wrong to me -- why wouldn't it just go back to the card?

Question to those of you who had issues with the Virtual Visas and ShopDisney. I had redeemed a Virtual Visa about a week ago with no issues, but tried again a few days ago and had to cancel my order because they couldn't verify the billing details. I'm mad at myself for not seeing this was a known issue on this thread! For those of you who had the same issue, did the credit eventually go back to the Virtual Visa? The cast member on ShopDisney said I would have to contact the card company and try to get them to reinstate the credit if it's not there in 5 business days. That sounds wrong to me -- why wouldn't it just go back to the card?

I just posted something similar on the gift card thread - used my Virtual Visa at ShopDisney earlier this week and the transaction didn't go through. When I called up, I was told it was due to being prepaid and that the funds "should" be released on my card. But if not, to call the card company.

I just posted something similar on the gift card thread - used my Virtual Visa at ShopDisney earlier this week and the transaction didn't go through. When I called up, I was told it was due to being prepaid and that the funds "should" be released on my card. But if not, to call the card company.
Yeah I got that same "should" be released response. Hopefully it works out for us and we won't have to hassle with calling the virtual visa company.

Has anyone gotten the coupon print credits from yesterday yet? If those don't come in today, don't think I am going to hit goal (not that it really matters).

Nope, either myself nor DD28 got our coupon prints for today yet. They’ve gave generally been coming sometime in the morning. We never got them from sat or sun either. Got Friday’s on Monday but not the others. We need them too reach as well. Pretty difficult to reach goal when auto running ncrave you only get maybe 3-4 SB an hour, sometimes seems less. Ugh ugh ugh!!

Nope, either myself nor DD28 got our coupon prints for today yet. They’ve gave generally been coming sometime in the morning. We never got them from sat or sun either. Got Friday’s on Monday but not the others. We need them too reach as well. Pretty difficult to reach goal when auto running ncrave you only get maybe 3-4 SB an hour, sometimes seems less. Ugh ugh ugh!!

Mine just came through in the last 10 minutes.

Found this survey question pretty comical. First, they used the wrong spelling of "pole", should have been "poll". and secondly, a child 23-25 would be a kid that hasn't even been conceived yet :rolleyes1

upload_2019-2-7_13-4-5.png

Yeah I got that same "should" be released response. Hopefully it works out for us and we won't have to hassle with calling the virtual visa company.

Yes it is a know problem on the thread. I do think it still works for some but what others are doing including myself is adding the card to paypal and paying at target or shop Disney with pp. I just did one this morning with target and received my gift card in less than 1 hr.

I found out about it a month or two ago because it happened to me and they could not verify my address so they canceled my order. It did take about 5 days at least for the funds to be back on the visa. I did contact both disney and vv about it.

Yes it is a know problem on the thread. I do think it still works for some but what others are doing including myself is adding the card to paypal and paying at target or shop Disney with pp. I just did one this morning with target and received my gift card in less than 1 hr.

I found out about it a month or two ago because it happened to me and they could not verify my address so they canceled my order. It did take about 5 days at least for the funds to be back on the visa. I did contact both disney and vv about it.
Thanks for the info! I'll do the Paypal and Target redemption from now on.

One thing I found, when i tried to sign into my Disney acct and buy a gc with my card, I could not. In forget what it says but it would get to the end and never go they. Then when I finally did it not being signed in and just did thru shop as guest button that worked for me and I always do it that way now. Maybe that would work For you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter