• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those using swagbucks ???

For those who use shop and earn a lot... Have you ever had to return items, and if so, did your SB still credit? I had to return all but one shirt on a JC Penney order for my daughter, so was just wondering how that works?

I bought curtains through BB&B and got 100+ SB for it, but returned them because they weren't as described (silver shouldn't be described as "white" IMO). I got an email saying they'd still credit me but that they wouldn't do it again. I had the same thing happen at Target- got 222 SB and returned the items. I had bought a bunch of clothes and returned maybe 1/3 of them because they didn't fit DS. So it's not like I returned the whole purchase. They were both within a month of each other- this year Feb/Mar. I am sure someone could really abuse the system if they kept buying things and returning them. Wonder if it kicks in after a few? I'm not sure. But in my experience I still got the SB. I went back to my shop and earn page and both have little info "i"'s next to the purchase- when you click on it, it says "Item(s) returned. Please note, returned items in future purchases may not result in SB Credit."

All I did was click on that Discover link and I got the point. Maybe they just want you to look at the page?

This new daily thing is weird. There are 7 offers and you have to do 6/7 to get a bonus (it's 2 SB btw). Daily poll, crave, search, watch, discover, answer & deal of the day. I got 1 sb for clicking on the deal of the day, 1 for daily crave, 1 for daily poll. But then there was also "discover" that I didn't get checked off for but am not sure why. I click on it, and it goes to the discover page. I saw the "top coupons" that I do anyway so I did that. Even though I did it, it still looks like I didn't do the "discover" one. I didn't get anything for "daily search" which popped up a bunch of funny dog videos, and there's a "daily answer" where it sends you to try a survey (I did and got 75SB in 4 minutes!). Anyone understand the "discover" one? I guess 5 points is better than 3 for the daily stuff. I automatically think when SB makes a change it will get worse :rotfl:
I have always had 6 so the deal of the day is the only new one for me. Sometimes it takes discover a while to credit. I am pretty sure ngage and NCrave work towards discover also.

The new Daily thing in Canada is you have to do 5 of the 6 offers and it's 1SB. So it's about 10 times more time consuming than Daily Offers were and one less SB. Our poll dropped for 2SB's to 1SB recently as well.

I didn't get any SBs for clicking the Daily Discover. After I completed a Radium One offer, the Daily Discover did change color to show I completed it. I clicked the Daily Search and didn't get any SBs for it, but it did change color to show completion. It's my understanding that simply clicking these Daily tasks will not give you SBs for every one. For example, search may give you a search win, but that's it. At least that is the way I read it in the blog post.

Did your coupon offer credit already? I would think the Daily Discover should have changed color for you once you received credit for completing the offer.

This is from the blog post:

With the new To-Do list, members will receive a daily bonus when they complete 6 out of the 7 activities! The SB Bonus will vary from day to day, credits instantly, and will range between 1 and 4 SB.* Your SB Bonus will appear on your Ledger as “Bonus SB: To-Do List Bonus”.

How do you complete each of the items on your new To-Do List?

• Daily Poll – Take the Daily Poll and receive 1 SB.
  • Daily Crave – Complete the Daily Crave and receive 1 SB.
  • Daily Search – Simply click on the Daily Search link OR earn SB from Search.
  • Daily Watch – Earn at least 1 SB from Watch.
  • Daily Discover – Earn at least 1 SB from any activity in Discover.**
  • Daily Answer – Earn at least 1 SB from Answer.***
  • Daily Deal – Simply click and earn 1 SB.
With the current To-Do List, members can only earn 4 to 5 SB. The new To-Do List awards a minimum of 7 SB for completing six of the seven activities.

So, it looks like the bonus for completing 6 of 7 offers will vary each day. It appears the only one you'll get instant credit for just clicking is Daily Deal, which should give 1 SB just for clicking and there is nothing else to do. You still need to complete something to get SBs from the other Daily tasks. In fact, I didn't even click Daily Watch, but I had another tab open with a watch playlist going. When it was done, I refreshed my homepage and the Daily Watch showed completed. So, if you already do many of these tasks anyway, it should be pretty easy to complete at least 6 of the 7.

Has anyone noticed that SB changed the terms for Raise? (Or maybe they didn't change, and I just noticed it?)

Raise.com Special Terms.
Target, Sears, Starbucks, Walmart, Lowe's in-store, Amazon, Nordstrom, Staples, Best Buy, Bloomingdale, Home Depot, Hyatt, iTunes, Lowe's, and Macy's Gift Cards all earn 1 SB per dollar
1 SB per Dollar
Listing a gift card for sale earns 75 SB
75 SB (flat)
Users are only eligible to earn SB on the first $1000 of lifetime purchases at Raise.com.

Has anyone noticed that SB changed the terms for Raise? (Or maybe they didn't change, and I just noticed it?)

Raise.com Special Terms.
Target, Sears, Starbucks, Walmart, Lowe's in-store, Amazon, Nordstrom, Staples, Best Buy, Bloomingdale, Home Depot, Hyatt, iTunes, Lowe's, and Macy's Gift Cards all earn 1 SB per dollar
1 SB per Dollar
Listing a gift card for sale earns 75 SB
75 SB (flat)
Users are only eligible to earn SB on the first $1000 of lifetime purchases at Raise.com.
That's very similar to TopCashBack.

That's very similar to TopCashBack.
hmm... I wonder how they are interpreting lifetime purchases at raise? Is that calculated by Raise or by SB/TCB? For instance, I am well over the $1000 of purchases at Raise (which tells me that the terms at SB must be relatively new), so shouldn't be eligible for SB's, but would I be eligible for TCB up to $1000 threshold? I doubt it, but it could kind of be read that way.

I bought curtains through BB&B and got 100+ SB for it, but returned them because they weren't as described (silver shouldn't be described as "white" IMO). I got an email saying they'd still credit me but that they wouldn't do it again. I had the same thing happen at Target- got 222 SB and returned the items. I had bought a bunch of clothes and returned maybe 1/3 of them because they didn't fit DS. So it's not like I returned the whole purchase. They were both within a month of each other- this year Feb/Mar. I am sure someone could really abuse the system if they kept buying things and returning them. Wonder if it kicks in after a few? I'm not sure. But in my experience I still got the SB. I went back to my shop and earn page and both have little info "i"'s next to the purchase- when you click on it, it says "Item(s) returned. Please note, returned items in future purchases may not result in SB Credit."
Thanks for your reply. I am also sure people abuse that feature. I started not to buy online because my DD (11) is at that stage where some kids clothes are too small and some of the juniors is still too big. It's mostly the length that we have issues with. All the JCP shirts were too short for her, lol. Hoping I still get the bucks! Thanks again.

hmm... I wonder how they are interpreting lifetime purchases at raise? Is that calculated by Raise or by SB/TCB? For instance, I am well over the $1000 of purchases at Raise (which tells me that the terms at SB must be relatively new), so shouldn't be eligible for SB's, but would I be eligible for TCB up to $1000 threshold? I doubt it, but it could kind of be read that way.
That's a good question. I assumed it was $1,000 / shopping portal, but I'm really not sure.

What is with the watch videos? Every playlist I click on, is missing 1 video. If it says 20 videos, there is only 19. If it says 12, there is only 11. And then it crashes on that last one displayed, so I can't even see if will start playing the phantom last video to get credit.

I tried restarting, rebooting, clearing cache...none of it has worked to display the last video.

What is with the watch videos? Every playlist I click on, is missing 1 video. If it says 20 videos, there is only 19. If it says 12, there is only 11. And then it crashes on that last one displayed, so I can't even see if will start playing the phantom last video to get credit.

I tried restarting, rebooting, clearing cache...none of it has worked to display the last video.
I sometimes have that issue with chrome but can see them in edge.

I started having this problem a couple weeks ago. I contacted Swagbucks on July 27 about this issue and still have not heard back.

Do any of your Raise purchases credit through the shop and earn?
Any time in the past when I've gone through SB's shop and earn for Raise, I've ALWAYS had to submit a claim. I usually did after the 7 business days when it was supposed to show up as pending.
Now the claim form is different and they have the "if it hasn't been 30 days we can't help you" (paraphrasing). Has anyone contacted them regarding a purchase if it hasn't shown up as pending after 7 days, or do you wait the full 30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter