those of you with Disney Visa Premiere

WINTER

DIS Veteran
do you like the card? Basically you get 2% back on gas, groceries, and restaurants. 1% on everything else? Any other good perks?

I am happy with it. Got the $200 gift card offer after spending $500 in 3 months. I plan to cancel it before the renewal of the $49 annual fee hits again. I have the regular Disney Visa and will go back to using that for everything that pays only 1% cash back.

I love the extra Disney dollars I get from the premiere card!

Before getting the card, I mapped out my spending and looked at how much my wife and I spent on gas, groceries and dining out and discovered I would have earned an additional $200 Disney dollars if we had the premiere card.

That more than pays for the $50 yearly fee.

If you use the card right, it will pay for itself. Don't hesitate to get it.

It's great for vacations in the park discounts on souvenirs.
Every little bit helps. Especially @ Disney :rotfl:

do you like the card? Basically you get 2% back on gas, groceries, and restaurants. 1% on everything else? Any other good perks?

You also get 3% on all Disney purchases and 6 months no interest on Disney vacations.

I recommend the Barclaycard Arrival credit card over any of the Disney Visas.
With the Arrival card you get 40,000 points which is good for $400 towards any type of travel including Disney (flights, hotels, park tickets, rental cars, ect..) and you earn 2% on all purchases.

With the Disney Visa you earn 2 Disney dollars per 100 spent (2%) on certain categories with no sign up bonus.

I have a regular disney visa and also a premier. I signed up for the premier with the $200 gift card offer (had to spend X amount of money, maybe $500, in the 1st 3 months).

At the princess half marathon expo a couple weeks ago, I got a discount on my purchase- there are a few places in WDW that offer that too, though I don't remember which off the top of my head, maybe Mousegears and a few others.
I believe you also get that discount with the regular disney visa, and the 6 months interest free on disney vacations is for both.

If you spend a lot on the 2% categories, and/or don't have another card that has a good incentive in those areas, go for it. I also have a chase freedom card which gives 5% back on different purchases each quarter, usually one or two of those is at gas stations, for those 3 month periods I have to remember to not use the premier card, since I get more % back with the other one.

I've had the premier card about a year - first year, no $49 fee, got the $200 gift card incentive, and earned about $115 in rewards. I like it, and the designs are cute too :)

We started with the regular Disney Visa card and upgraded to the Premier card. Our rewards pile up so much faster and we just pay the bill at the end of month. It more than pays for itself in our situation.

We have only had ours 2 months and just got all our bills transfered to it last month, but it is worth it for us. We put everything on it except Mortgage and Car payment and thats only b/c I can't seem to figure out how yet:headache:. We pay it off each month and will earn $40-60 in rewards. The other thing I am really looking forward to is the 6 months no interest on disney vacation packages. Also hoping the DV discounts are announced prior to the public ones.

10% off merchandise purchases over $50 in the parks/downtown disney. 10% off at certain restaurants (they have them listed on the Disney Visa website). Most of them are at resorts. Free 5x7 picture at Epcot with characters.

Using it for all gas, restaurant and groceries, the 2% can add up. Keep in mind with the $49 fee, you take until about $2500 in purchases before you start making anything off it. The other version is free. Doesn't add up as fast, but you don't have to make up for the $49 fee either.

I started out with the Premier a few years ago and just downgraded to the regular/no fee card.

My spending has changed alot and the extra 1% on Groceries, Gas and Restaurants was no longer outweighing the $49 fee. My apr (I don't carry a balance, so not really a matter for, just fyi if anybody else does) and account # stayed the same so it made sense for me. I received new cards w/ new exp dates (I kind of really miss my sorcerer mickey though! :rotfl: )

Here is a good comparison chart:

https://disneyrewards.com/compare-cards/?CELL=608L11

It seems like most of the perks are the same. I didn't seen any 30% on vacations that a previous poster mentioned, but it might be in fineprint elsewhere. Or maybe it is a offer similar to pincodes, where just the premier's get emailed/snailmailed.

Looks like major differences are w/ premier you get that extra 1%, more card designs, and can redeem rewards for airline travel.

You also get 3% on all Disney purchases and 6 months no interest on Disney vacations.

I only get 2% on Disney purchases. Perhaps you recieved a special % for a few months when you opened the card?
It's worth it to me as most of my spending is gas, groceries, dining and Disney.

I was one of the first to change to the new card when it came out. The card was free for the first year and they offered 5% on all the 2% category for 3 months. I just happened to be buying DVC at the same time and got 5% back on that plus 6 months interest free.

Which if anyone is looking to buy DVC, you do get the 6 months interest free on that also which gives you plenty of time to arrange financing at your own bank, plus you get the 2% back. On a DVC purchase that really adds up.

Wanted to add that if you travel to DisneyLand, there are extra incentives if you book with your Disney Visa. Not much but a lanyard for each guest, a tote bag and an extra 5x7 (in addition to the regular one).

I only get 2% on Disney purchases. Perhaps you recieved a special % for a few months when you opened the card?
It's worth it to me as most of my spending is gas, groceries, dining and Disney.

I was one of the first to change to the new card when it came out. The card was free for the first year and they offered 5% on all the 2% category for 3 months.

Me too and you're right, I was thinking it was 2% + the standard 1% but just got this month's statement and realized it was just wishful thinking.

We have the Premiere card and the benefits far outweigh the $49 fee. We use the card for EVERYTHING and pay it off every month. With all the rewards we get the $49 fee isn't a blip on our radar.

I have it and like it okay, but our Amex Preferred cash gives us a much larger % back on groceries and gas, so we don't use the Disney card for those items which really cuts down its usefulness

I considered it, but there are too many far more lucrative rewards out there to get this one. May be worth the fee, but not worth my credit card app or spend IMO. I can do better elsewhere.

I am happy with it. Got the $200 gift card offer after spending $500 in 3 months. I plan to cancel it before the renewal of the $49 annual fee hits again. I have the regular Disney Visa and will go back to using that for everything that pays only 1% cash back.

Just a heads up they will charge the $49 fee 5 months before your year is up. So for example we signed up in August and we are charged the $49 fee every March

Just a heads up they will charge the $49 fee 5 months before your year is up. So for example we signed up in August and we are charged the $49 fee every March

I wasn't charged the $49 fee until after a full year, so I don't know if that's always true about charging it early.

I signed up January 2013, and wasn't charged a fee til last month. I had a year "free" with no fee at all, I don't know if that made a difference.

I wasn't charged the $49 fee until after a full year, so I don't know if that's always true about charging it early.

I signed up January 2013, and wasn't charged a fee til last month. I had a year "free" with no fee at all, I don't know if that made a difference.

Not debating you, just giving my experience. I was charged the $49 fee on my first billing statement.

I signed up in early 2012, so their policies may have changed or maybe different promotions, like "First year annual fee waived."

My promotion was the $200 gift card after first use of card.

Our deal was the $200 and no annual fee the first year but the fine print says they can charge the annual fee after 7 months (or 5 months before your year is up)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter