Thorlo Socks Are Great For Lots Of Walking

Disney Talker

<font color=navy>WDW AND USF ADDICT<br><font color
I had read on here that Thorlo socks were good for people with feet problems in walking as they are so padded. Today we went to a local amusemnt park and I walked all day in the sneakers I have had for a year, and my feet are great feeling. They are well worth the money and I will buy several pairs for our WDW trip this fall. I got the heavy walking ones, but had also tried the tennis ones, I prefer the heavy walking ones for a lot of walking in the heat they are a bit thicker. Hope this helps someone else...

"Thank You"!! I also read about these socks here at the DIS and purchased two pairs for myself at Sports Authority a couple months ago for our trip in August. DH and both my sons didn't want any, but I might go get them each a pair now. Amazing how something like a pair of socks can make such a difference.

RobinLyn ;)

Since both of you had good experiences with the Thorlo socks. Could you comment on if they kept your feet dry? The biggest reason I hate to wear tennis shoes while at the World is because the socks get all hot and sweaty within like an hour. How long did these keep your feet feeling cool?

How much did you pay for them at Sports Authority?

Thanks!

Brenda

My feet were nice and comfy and did not sweat a lot or anything, considering it was about 92 degrees that day, I thought that pretty good. I never have a big feet sweating problem though like some do..but I did notice when I did take my socks off to go swimming in the water park there that my feet were nice and dry.

I bought my Thorlos in the military PX and they were $7.95 per pair here. From what I have heard they are about $9 other places, though I have never looked for them anywhere else, looked like a good price for them and I got them.

Thorlos are great! I have the medium thickness at 3 prs. for 31.34 and the thick for 3 prs. for 25.64. I guess what they are calling medium and thick refers to the top of the sock. The medium or more expensive say they have cool max on the top and the thick does not mention that. I always thought the medium felt thicker and more confining on my foot. I get them thru Road Runner Sports and they often have a special where you get a free pair.

Thorlos socks and Sacony shoes. It doesn't get much better than that!

I have foot problems with a "growth" on the bottom of my foot and last winter we spent 12 days at DW (in the park every day) and I did great.

Originally posted by jbthi
Thorlos socks and Sacony shoes. It doesn't get much better than that!

Assuming you don't have Fred Flintstone feet. :)

If you do, New Balance carries D, EE, EEEE (possibly EEEEEE) widths unlike most athletic shoe makers. This is even more important when you wear Thorlo's thicker offerings.

If you live in VA, NJ, DE, MD, NY or PA, Modell's sporting goods carry both Thorlo's and New Balance in wide widths.

-Joe

OK, I have read two threads on these socks- now I have to know!!!! We're leaving next week, where do I get 'em?
:p

Given that you live down in Stars country, I don't which retail store to reccommend. It's possible www.thorlo.com might list their sales locations. I do know that Marshall's discount department store sometimes has the 'irregular' thorlos for $4.00 or so.

If you do a search on-line, you might find any number of places that sell them. One place that does is www.rei.com. They're a big 'outdoorsy' brick and mortar chain with a web presence that sells all sorts of stuff to make outdoor activities like camping/hiking/scaling big mountains easier.

In case you're unaware, Thorlo's typically run $8 - $12 per pair. You occassionally see a buy 3, get 1 free sale. These are 'expensive' in comparision to cheap cotton socks, but if you consider good walking shoes can cost over $100 bucks, why be cheap on the second half of your foot comfort solution? :)

I hope this helps,
Joe

momo4: I see you are in Arlington, TX. I'm in Houston and bought Thorlos at Academy and Oshman's. I think you have those stores in your area too.

Thorlo's are wonderful!!

I got them at TJ Maxx they are "imperfect" but all that meant to me is that a tread or two strayed to the white. They were ALOT cheaper there than even online.

If you have one in your area check it out.

Debbie

I wear Thorlo sox at home all the time!

Right now Champs sporting store has buy 1 and half off second pair.

They are great and long lasting wearing.

Herc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter