thomas kinkade prints

northeastmom

Mouseketeer
I was in downtown disney a month ago and loved the thomas kinkade disney pictures! I wasted to start collecting them but know nothing about how to go about it! Are they only availible as paintings or can you get prints of them? I really don't have the money to spend on a painting and would live to collect them. Could anyone tell me where I can get them? and what the price is about? Thanks!

You can buy prints also. Check out ebay. They have some listed for as low as $13. Of course, I don't know if the $13 ones are real or not.

I think the best place to start is with the source. www.thomaskinkade.com I purchased my canvases at a Thomas Kinkade Gallery (they have them all over the country). When we were in Disney this summer I saw for the first time a print of the New Day At Cinderella Castle, it was small, about 8 x 10 for about $15 I think. I haven't seen prints of any of the others in person. Many if not all of the images are available on paper or canvas, the paper still being a limited edition, but less expensive than the canvas. There are prices on the Kinkade website for images that are not sold out to give you an idea. There are also different editions, some being more expensive than others. As an estimate, the smallest canvas (12 x 18) in the s/n (standard numbered edition) are about $750. Same size in the g/p (gallery proof edition) is about $900. Also, once an image is sold out, the price goes up. Now is a good time to start collecting because only 4 out of the 12 images in the Disney Dreams Collection have been released.

1 - Snow White Discovers the Cottage (Aug 2008)
snowhi_f0.jpg

2 - Pinocchio Wishes Upon A Star (Feb 2009)
pinwis_f0.jpg

3 - Tinker Bell And Peter Pan Fly To Neverland (June 2009)
tinpet_f0.jpg

4 - Cinderella Wishes Upon A Dream (Sept 2009)
cinwis_f0.jpg

Also there are the 2 images that came out before the series started that are Disney related.

Disneyland 50th Anniversary (Sept 2005)
dis50a_f0.jpg

A New Day at the Cinderella Castle (Oct 2007)
cincas_f0.jpg

Can you tell I'm a huge fan of this collection?!?! Best of luck if you decide to start collecting. The canvases are pricey, but so beautiful in person, you won't be disappointed! The Castle is my favorite piece, and the first one I purchased. I have a BIG canvas of that one, but the smallest canvas size of the 4 in the Disney Dreams Collection. (Some were part of a wedding gift from my parents, we aren't ridiculously wealthy, haha.) Didn't go for the Disneyland one because we have never even been to Disneyland. Trying to budget to keep up with the collection in the future. They are said to release 2 a year, although Cinderella came out a little early. Hope this helps!

I have contacted WDW and they are stocking these as a Petite Print for $15 each. I'm not sure if they are all in stock yet but the first one (Snow White) definitely is.

Question...are these Disney Kinkade paintings expected to increase in value as time goes by? Just honestly wondering, as I these are beautiful but also quite pricey. I'm not in the know regarding paintings, so I'm very curious.

Thanks.

I have contacted WDW and they are stocking these as a Petite Print for $15 each. I'm not sure if they are all in stock yet but the first one (Snow White) definitely is.

Unfortunately I was given duff info :sad2: the only Petite Print at WDW is A New Day at Cinderella's Castle. There are limited edition paper prints for sale but they are pricey and so are the shipping costs to the UK, then we get hit by customs. I went round every gallery shop on Disney property to check and at each location was told that as yet Disney haven't commissioned any of the Disney Dreams series as a Petite Print. :sad1: I was so disappointed.

I, too, love these and tried to figure out a way to collect them. There is no way we could afford these nor do we have enough wall space for them. Plus, I think there are to be 12 of the paintings in the Disney Dreams Collection by the time he is done and he is only on number 5.

Thomas Kinkade was on a shopping TV channel that I didn't even know existed a couple of months ago and was selling (along with the expensvie canvases) what are called Gallery Wraps. These are canvas just like the original paintings, but they are smaller and mounted in a way that they are not necessarily meant to be framed. Shopnbc.com has each of the first four for under $80 each and a new double one for the new Princess and the Frog for under $100. The first four are 14" x 14" and I think the POTF is 2 9" x 9" canvases. They are also available but more expensive at thomaskinkade.com and disneystore.com.

Personally, we love them! As I said, we would not be able to buy the large expensive paintings, so this is a good alternative for us. They are canvas and the quality is great (unlike a small print), but the one drawback is that they are square. The originals are rectangular so you do lose some of the details. I consider this an acceptable trade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter