This Trip was a Anti-DDP revolt. Did the DDE

OKW Mom

Mouseketeer
Well, wish I could say I enjoyed it more- glad I have 13 months to use the card. We were not happy with the 2008 DDP so we jumped ship.....

Due to my hippie, :hippie: subversive, vote with my wallet mindset we decided to eat more in our 1BR at OKW. It presented a bit of a challenge until I found the Garden Grocer that delivered very fresh food the afternoon we arrived!

We did eat in Canada the first night and 6 of us enjoyed filets, prime rib with the standard fixings. Bread was incredible- love thos pretzel thingys. Got to have the beer cheese soup, got to have the MOOSE for dessert. :goodvibes

Only 3 were "legal" so we did not buy bar drinks. 2 of us split the 8 oz filet and bought some extra sides (more potatoes, mushrooms, asparagus). It let our college visitor enjoy the meal on a budget.

JADRIAN, our server was not annoyed with that and we got great service. Would go back just to spend a bunch of money and give her more tip$$ for her good service. :thumbsup2

WOW- bad news at Teppen Edo- they take/give no discounts......lunch for 6 $225. The new menu requires you to order each item- no more little soup, little salad, veggies, main course and sherbet for 1 low price.

EACH item costs $$ ! The soup was over $3. and not the same recipe as before, DD picked things out.....:confused: . The salad was huge-and I forgot how much it cost.

The steak looked very fatty :sad1: ....glad I got the shrimp and chicken.

The staff was friendly and skilled-and working on their english.

The decor is more formal, the menu for lunch or dinner is the same- :scared1:

Due to the extreme cost and menu changes, it will not be on the annual trip like it was before.

2 of us got the chance to get away - enjoyed Raglan Road's inside dining room. Did not know hamburgers were irish....but I enjoyed it just the same. The fish and chips were generous and good. The Murphy's draft was great.

Went back a few nights later for the flights of whisky....prices start at $15 for 3 ...like to go back and work up the list on those!:woohoo:

We really used the kitchen in the OKW room and found most of the tools had been plundered (must have had pirates in the room prior to our stay!)pirate:

For a low key trip to the WORLD it was pretty good.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter