This needs to be posted. . .there's bus or monorail service between ALL 4 parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I make, very meekly, a suggestion? The way "direct" is emphasized in the title implies to me that it is direct. Park A to Park B. If "direct" is removed, or at least put in lowercase, might that improve the title ever so little? If you disagree--fine. It's obviously your thread.

:goodvibes

Yeah if you post inaccurate information someone is going to disagree.

You are absolutely right.

There isn't direct bus service between all four parks.

I would say it nicer if I knew how. But I guess I am deficient.

Yes, I already commented on the fact that this is a bizarre thread. I opened it up expecting that there had been a flurry of activity because Disney had actually opened up the bus stops at Magic Kingdom that would directly service Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. That seemed impossible because the stops are nowhere near completion, but you never know right?

Instead of continuing to call Figment and me jerks (which we're not, I assure you), why don't you just update your post to reflect accurate information?

Or not.

Yes, you are certainly deficient, we agree there.

Again, I said I posted this thread over 4 years ago when I was new to The Dis. And does anyone else find it strange that after over 18,000 views in the last 4 years, today is the first day somebody decided that it's bad information?

You just bumped it today. I doubt many people have seen the thread since the last time it was posted on in 2008. It's not as though it's been an ongoing thread for the last 4 years. :confused3

I guess because the title states that there is transportation between all 4 parks.

Funny how 4 years ago everyone thought the thread was so helpful and now it's just cr*p.

Someone commented how the "tone" of The Dis sure has changed over the last couple of years, and they are right. I was almost brand new to The Dis when I started this thread. Someone on another thread last night was wanting info on traveling between the parks and I knew I had an old post somewhere with the info. I googled and got this old thread, I had really forgotten most of what I posted until I read it and it jarred my memory. But I did think, "I would never post that info now, because I would get attacked from the get go and crtiqued on every sentence." I guess I was right.

Wow - the grammar rangers are out to get you. I agree with you. Some folks seem to forget that while there are a lot of experts on these boards, that there are just as many (if not more) folks that are new to Disney. The welcomes that these people are getting are quite disheartening - especially on a site related to the magic of Disney. I wish the s&%^ disturbers would just keep their emotions in check and if they disagree with something, just state the facts.

For instance, if I were Cheshire Figment, I would have posted the same reply but only bullet #1. #'s 2 and 3 aren't relevant to the conversation and thus don't need to be here. If I were notfrostyjosh, I would have likely kept to myself.

I looked at this thread out of interest in getting from one park to another, I didn't really mind that I may have to stop at the TTC. I wonder if we can start some sort of revolution here for 2012 and keep things positive and factual (stating facts - as you know them, doesn't have to be done in a mean fashion)!

Thanks for the information, I did NOT know this but it is very helpful! Now if there was just some sort of resort-to-resort option, that'd be cool! :)

You just bumped it today. I doubt many people have seen the thread since the last time it was posted on in 2008. It's not as though it's been an ongoing thread for the last 4 years. :confused3
Okay the 18,000 people that saw it in 2008 didn't have an issue with it.

Wow - the grammar rangers are out to get you. I agree with you. Some folks seem to forget that while there are a lot of experts on these boards, that there are just as many (if not more) folks that are new to Disney. The welcomes that these people are getting are quite disheartening - especially on a site related to the magic of Disney. I wish the s&%^ disturbers would just keep their emotions in check and if they disagree with something, just state the facts.

For instance, if I were Cheshire Figment, I would have posted the same reply but only bullet #1. #'s 2 and 3 aren't relevant to the conversation and thus don't need to be here. If I were notfrostyjosh, I would have likely kept to myself.

I looked at this thread out of interest in getting from one park to another, I didn't really mind that I may have to stop at the TTC. I wonder if we can start some sort of revolution here for 2012 and keep things positive and factual (stating facts - as you know them, doesn't have to be done in a mean fashion)!

Thanks for the information, I did NOT know this but it is very helpful! Now if there was just some sort of resort-to-resort option, that'd be cool! :)
Thank you for posting that! And, yes, start a revolution! I'm game :-)

Thanks for the information and the bump, Tiffany.

And I really like the kids' pictures in your signature, neat.

Some folks seem to forget that while there are a lot of experts on these boards, that there are just as many (if not more) folks that are new to Disney.

I agree. Which is why incorrect information needs to be corrected, as it has been by other posters, even though the OP refuses to change the incorrect title of her thread. :)

WOW WOW WOW!!! Some recent posters on this thread must lead some very unhappy lives. YIKES! I feel sorry for those that have nothing better to do but come on the dis and find boards to bash. It's sad really. I hope you can fix whatever it is in your lives that is making you so miserable.

I found the info helpful so thank-you! If you don't like the info.....move on.

Sometimes, you just have to say...

"hmmmmmmmmmmmm."

If you look at the first post in the thread, you'll see that the reason PrincessTiffany started it is because she noticed that a lot of people thought that you had to transfer at a resort in order to get from one park to another (and in fact she said she was actually called a liar for stating otherwise!). While being dropped off at the TTC may not technically be direct, it's not the same as having to transfer at a resort, and besides, the TTC is at the parking lot for MK, which is as close as you'd get to direct if you were driving yourself.

I don't get it. If I'd posted a thread that had some potentially misleading information, and someone pointed it out, I'd be all "thanks, let me fix that". I wouldn't think it was a personal insult. I certainly wouldn't call someone deficient and then act like HE's the mean one.

The first post was helpful, the title misleading, why the drama about changing it?

I don't get it. If I'd posted a thread that had some potentially misleading information, and someone pointed it out, I'd be all "thanks, let me fix that". I wouldn't think it was a personal insult. I certainly wouldn't call someone deficient and then act like HE's the mean one.

The first post was helpful, the title misleading, why the drama about changing it?

"Sometimes, you just have to say...

'hmmmmmmmmmmmm.'"

:thumbsup2

Holy smokes Batman....talk about a tempest in a teapot.
Okay...technically speaking, the TTC is the parking lot for MK, so when you take a bus there, from either DHS or AK, you are going to MK. Do you get dropped where the resort buses drop you? No. But, you are at MK.

This isn't all that big a deal. It's one we've dealt with over on the Transportation Board before...many times. Here's the thing though....if you're going to bump a thread, from back in '08, it might be a good idea to change the title to read....'transportation between all 4 parks'. It would seem that when you say 'direct', many think that means right to the front gates of MK..when that is obviously not the case.

There are many, many other things that I can choose to worry about. This is not one of them.

May I make, very meekly, a suggestion? The way "direct" is emphasized in the title implies to me that it is direct. Park A to Park B. If "direct" is removed, or at least put in lowercase, might that improve the title ever so little? If you disagree--fine. It's obviously your thread.

:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Direct bus service to me means that the bus goes right to MK, like resort buses offer direct service, bypassing the TTC. It's no more work to edit the title to make it accurate than it is to Google a three year old thread and bump it up.

It is useful info, and many people don't go to the Transportation Board, so it is helpful that the OP started the thread. It could just be a little more accurate, as Cheshire Figment and Josh helpfully pointed out. Both have a history of providing helpful, accurate info without stirring the pot - no need to take their suggestions personally. 18,000 views doesn't mean the info can't be a little clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter