This needs to be posted. . .there's bus or monorail service between ALL 4 parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say Thank you because I've never stayed on site before, and will be soon... and this info is GREAT to have!!! We plan on hopping A LOT!!! Yay! :banana:

Apologies if I missed this, but where can I find the transportation board? It's possible it's in front of me on the site, but I haven't been able to find it. :confused3

Lol, just saw you post this on another thread. I knew this but you're right there are SO many people who do not know...

This should be a permanent sticky on the transportation board.

I did not know this and I appreciate the information! Thanks! ;)

Your basic information is mostly correct, but it is wrong. And your title is definitely wrong.

1. There is no transportation between Typhoon Lagoon and any Park or TTC. Buses to/from TL are either for a Resort or DTD.

2. Direct Service would be from one Park to another. Having to change at the TTC is not direct service.

3. As long as you have bumped a very old thread, why not go into your first post and edit the title?

Haha, how is getting on a bus at Animal Kingdom, getting off the bus at the Ticket/Transportation Center, and getting on a boat or monorail over to Magic Kingdom "direct bus service?"

They are building a "direct bus" stop at Magic Kingdom that should eventually lead to direct bus service between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios.

But it most certainly does not exist. "Direct" is pretty misleading here.

Your basic information is mostly correct, but it is wrong. And your title is definitely wrong.

1. There is no transportation between Typhoon Lagoon and any Park or TTC. Buses to/from TL are either for a Resort or DTD.

2. Direct Service would be from one Park to another. Having to change at the TTC is not direct service.

3. As long as you have bumped a very old thread, why not go into your first post and edit the title?
I guess because the title states that there is transportation between all 4 parks.

Funny how 4 years ago everyone thought the thread was so helpful and now it's just cr*p.

Someone commented how the "tone" of The Dis sure has changed over the last couple of years, and they are right. I was almost brand new to The Dis when I started this thread. Someone on another thread last night was wanting info on traveling between the parks and I knew I had an old post somewhere with the info. I googled and got this old thread, I had really forgotten most of what I posted until I read it and it jarred my memory. But I did think, "I would never post that info now, because I would get attacked from the get go and crtiqued on every sentence." I guess I was right.

Nit-picky, in the extreme, my friend. :goodvibes

To get to/from MK, that "front door" has historically been TTC.
Only since the (relatively) late advent of the MK gates bus terminal
has there been near-gate service involving MK to/from anywhere else
(except for the Contemporary Resort's walkway.)

And, I've personally been taken directly to the MK gate area from
DAK. I just asked the bus driver if he'd do so, and he obliged.
Granted that was a VERY unusual situation, but it has happened, as was also evidenced by another poster in this thread.

(Hey, if you can be nit-picky, so can I. ;) )

There's nothing "direct" about the bus from Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom.

You have to get off the bus and get on the monorail or boat. That isn't direct. And not particularly nit-picky. It's not direct. In any way.

And where do I get on the direct bus from Magic Kingdom to Epcot?

This is a bizarre thread.

For reference:

adjective
proceeding in a straight line or by the shortest course; straight; undeviating; not oblique: a direct route.
proceeding in an unbroken line of descent; lineal rather than collateral: a direct descendant.
Mathematics .
a.
(of a proportion) containing terms of which an increase (or decrease) in one results in an increase (or decrease) in another: a term is said to be in direct proportion to another term if one increases (or decreases) as the other increases (or decreases).
b.
(of a function) the function itself, in contrast to its inverse. Compare inverse ( def. 2 ) .
without intervening persons, influences, factors, etc.; immediate; personal: direct contact with the voters; direct exposure to a disease.
straightforward; frank; candid: the direct remarks of a forthright individual.

Thanks for posting this. It made me realize I had posted some misinformation on another thread. I went in and apologized and corrected the info I had incorrectly shared.

I guess because the title states that there is transportation between all 4 parks.

Funny how 4 years ago everyone thought the thread was so helpful and now it's just cr*p.

Someone commented how the "tone" of The Dis sure has changed over the last couple of years, and they are right. I was almost brand new to The Dis when I started this thread. Someone on another thread last night was wanting info on traveling between the parks and I knew I had an old post somewhere with the info. I googled and got this old thread, I had really forgotten most of what I posted until I read it and it jarred my memory. But I did think, "I would never post that info now, because I would get attacked from the get go and crtiqued on every sentence." I guess I was right.

:) I agree with you. No matter what you say, someone is going to disagree. While I certainly agree with critics that stopping at the TTC is not technically "direct to the gates of MK" it is direct to the MK parking lot and most people know exactly what you mean!! I'm not sure why people feel the need to bash a perfectly helpful thread.

:) I agree with you. No matter what you say, someone is going to disagree. While I certainly agree with critics that stopping at the TTC is not technically "direct to the gates of MK" it is direct to the MK parking lot and most people know exactly what you mean!! I'm not sure why people feel the need to bash a perfectly helpful thread.
Thank you! I really needed to hear that this morning :-)

There's nothing "direct" about the bus from Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom.

You have to get off the bus and get on the monorail or boat. That isn't direct. And not particularly nit-picky. It's not direct. In any way.

And where do I get on the direct bus from Magic Kingdom to Epcot?

This is a bizarre thread.

:eek::rolleyes1:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter