This is Us- Season six

I didn't love tonight's episode, either. It's an interesting idea to show three different Thanksgivings in Rebecca's life, along with the mother/daughter emphasis in all of them. But I didn't enjoy it like I usually do.

But I didn't at all believe Rebecca and her mom's instantaneous making up and hugs and "I'll miss you so much." It felt fake and hurried to me.

My daughter mentioned that when Rebecca chose Kate and then said, "Believe it or not, that is not nearly as hard as what I have to say next." Also didn't ring true to us. What she said next was just encouraging them to live their lives boldly and follow their heart rather than letting their lives stop because she has this horrible illness. That was a lovely thing to say and do for them. Seemed "teasing" to make it seem like some other huge shoe was going to drop.

And one last nit to pick: the commercials seemed to come more frequently and last longer than usual tonight. I wonder if it was an extra short episode this week? Maybe why if felt hurried?
I taped it and it was 22 minutes. 48 minutes of commercials. The amount of commercials is insane.

I just can't warm up to Cassidy. This episode was so Cassidy heavy but understandable to explain the origin of Kevin's construction company. I still wanted more Kevin though and less Cassidy. Yes, it shows his growth, yada yada.

The most interesting part of the show for me was the preview for next week. Things are going to unfold fast now for Kate and Toby. She said she missed the old Toby but open your eyes woman he's still there.

For me it was too much Cassidy and not enough Kevin. I have to say that I didn’t like the Nicky character very much when they first brought him on, but I just love him now. Beth is still my #1 favorite, but Nicky is a close second.

It's nice that Kevin is finally feeling like he's on the right path. I think starting the construction company will be really good for him. And I know there was a lot of Cassidy, but I think her backstory helps set up why it's important to hire the vets for the new company.

I wondered why we didn't see Randall at all in the pool flashback?
(ETA - I realized we do see him briefly when they walk in. But later, Rebecca just asks Jack to watch Kate.)

And I definitely agree that next week looks like it's going to be big!

Last edited:
It was definitely not my favorite. I found it a bit boring and slow.

I like how they tied the different ages of Kevin, it was good to see him through the years. I wasn't sure about the whole guitar thing. I guess he wanted to play the guitar because of Jack? Is that right? Kevin wasn't good at the guitar, as everyone kept telling him LOL, so he gave it to Cassidy's son and started the Big 3 construction which I thing was Jacks dream.

I love Nicky and was happy he was in the episode.

Not sure where toddler Randall was at the pool day. Maybe the actor was unavailable for filming that day.

The casting of the big three is absolute perfection.

For me it was too much Cassidy and not enough Kevin.
Same. I was thinking about it just now and it's not really even her character itself that I don't like, she's got spunk. I think it's because she wears a permanent frown and it's off-putting. it might just be her face. Resting "Witch" Face is real.

It was definitely not my favorite. I found it a bit boring and slow.

I like how they tied the different ages of Kevin, it was good to see him through the years. I wasn't sure about the whole guitar thing. I guess he wanted to play the guitar because of Jack? Is that right? Kevin wasn't good at the guitar, as everyone kept telling him LOL, so he gave it to Cassidy's son and started the Big 3 construction which I thing was Jacks dream.

I love Nicky and was happy he was in the episode.

Not sure where toddler Randall was at the pool day. Maybe the actor was unavailable for filming that day.

The casting of the big three is absolute perfection.
Not my favorite, either. I think they casually said that Randall already knew how to swim, thus he was in the pool playing.

It's nice that Kevin is finally feeling like he's on the right path. I think starting the construction company will be really good for him. And I know there was a lot of Cassidy, but I think her backstory helps set up why it's important to hire the vets for the new company.

I wondered why we didn't see Randall at all in the pool flashback?
(ETA - I realized we do see him briefly when they walk in. But later, Rebecca just asks Jack to watch Kate.)

And I definitely agree that next week looks like it's going to be big!
Yes. I thought the no Randall pool scenes were REALLY odd.

lol it’s funny, I have not been a Cassidy fan at all, but this episode made me see her differently. I think she’s so dour all the time is just because of her past. She’s got some untreated ptsd so that would do it.

I thought it was a really good episode and I loved Nicky in it. It was so sweet seeing him dance with (I’ve blanked on her name). Kevin finding him was the best thing that’s happened to him.

it looks like Kevin has finally found something he can get 100% behind.

Our channel has stopped showing previews so I’ll have to go track it down.

I agree there was a lot of Cassidy in this episode. I saw the need for that for use to understand where she came from and it gave Kevin more of an understanding. He finally 'grew up' and could do something that was bigger than himself.

I liked the episode in general. It's the second time they've done a trilogy of episodes around the Big 3, so I suppose the next two weeks will be interesting to see the other two perspectives on these days.

Casting did such a good job on the preschool aged Big 3 - the kid they cast as little Kevin is perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter