This is Us- Season six

As others have said, we never got confirmation that Kate was with Jack on her way to the house. That’s why there was so much speculation that she had died, despite seeing her in the future at Jacks concert lol

Personally, I’m glad we didn’t see a mystery Kyle. How would we have learned anything of his story with so little time left? It would have almost seemed cheesy (in my opinion) if he was there.

I did think for a minute that it was going to be the Christmas hospital visit, especially because the snow globe had been mentioned. I think they just like to keep us guessing. :laughing:

And it's definitely a series I would watch again! There's just so much in it.
I also think subconsciously we heard Christmas so naturally we thought christmas

Personally, I’m glad we didn’t see a mystery Kyle. How would we have learned anything of his story with so little time left? It would have almost seemed cheesy (in my opinion) if he was there.
can I be honest with you? While I’m not someone who has lost a child, I do know others who have. It’s different for each person. None of us fully know their thoughts on Kyle, but I think Dr. K mentioning him, and Mandy’s reactions in the moment showed us the closure she needed in that moment.

I was not a fan of the writers changing directions on the Kate storyline. The previous flash forwards always had her driving with Jack to the house. I also don’t believe that she managed to finish college, get a Master’s, design internationally successful educational programs, be a single mom with a disabled child, get remarried, etc, it’s just not her personality that we have been shown even with her growth in the series.

I loved William and Dr K! It was all so bittersweet and now I am tearing up again.
In terms of the masters and everything: a lot of time passed between her marriage to Philip (2026) and Rebecca’s passing (someone mentioned on here 2032? Maybe 2042?) while the bachelors/masters and working for the state in a 4 year time span is a little bit of what I like to call Hollywood magic (not the degree part-considering she has an associates the bachelors to masters can be done in 3 years in most states), the taking it internationally makes sense given the amount of time, especially if it’s 2042

I haven't found a list, so I decided to screenshot the frame and make our own:

940B58C2-5A22-414A-BE40-101EF1B41094.jpeg
Top row:
bottles that would be actually be in a bar
Dad mug - we've definitely seen this
smaller bottle between mugs - is this something?
Lundy mug - from the first construction company Jack worked for
yarn - from the Thanksgiving tradition where they toss it to each other *
trolley car - from the episode where they see the Mr. Rogers show

2nd row:
Steelers on TV - lots of references
pink flowers next to TV - is this anything?
DVDs - what movie? - a character commented on DVDs in the old cabin recently
the terrible towel - from the pilot episode

3rd row:
peanut brittle?? - does anyone remember that in any episode?
white flower in silver vase - is that anything?
fancy dish - I think maybe it's the cranberry sauce from the Thanksgiving episode
cupcake - from Jack's 36th birthday
lemons - major theme, of course 🍋🍋🍋

* edited - thanks @anniemae

Last edited:
I haven't found a list, so I decided to screenshot the frame and make our own:

View attachment 669973
Top row:
bottles that would be actually be in a bar
Dad mug - we've definitely seen this
smaller bottle between mugs - is this something?
Lundy mug - from the first construction company Jack worked for
yarn - from knitting baby things?
trolley car - from the episode where they see the Mr. Rogers show

2nd row:
Steelers on TV - lots of references
pink flowers next to TV - is this anything?
DVDs - what movie? - a character commented on DVDs in the old cabin recently
the terrible towel - from the pilot episode

3rd row:
peanut brittle?? - does anyone remember that in any episode?
white flower in silver vase - is that anything?
fancy dish - I think maybe it's the cranberry sauce from the Thanksgiving episode
cupcake - from Jack's 36th birthday
lemons - major theme, of course 🍋🍋🍋
I thought the yarn was from the Thanksgiving episode where they threw the ball of yarn around the table saying what they were thankful for.

Loved this episode! So well done.

I pop in here to read when I have questions but don't post often. You all are serious watchers.

No sign of Kyle?
Was that the triplet that died?

-I too thought they spent too much time on the Brooks family, although I did appreciate the storyline and how they brought it back full circle to the Alzheimer's treatment.
I was confused by this because somehow I thought Marcus and Malik were the same person. I guess not.

Deja and Malik.
So Deja became a doctor and was still with Malik, also a doctor? This is where I got him and Marcus confused.

I'm guessing they have the bed in the caboose, because both Jack and Rebecca die in bed? I guess, also it could be as someone mentioned upthread they had a lot of conversations while lying in bed.

I have a question. People on this thread have said a few times that they are going to "six feet under us" next week. What does that mean? I think it was a show, but I'm not sure.
Six feet under was an HBO show and has one of the most critically acclaimed finales of a tv series.
It follows a family who runs a funeral home. So in a fitting end it did quick flashforward of how the main characters all passed away. Some showed what they did before hand, others did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter