This is Us- Season six

I have been pacing myself with this show. We lost my dad just this past February to COVID and Alzheimer's. It definitely is bringing up a lot of hard memories for me. So we don't often watch it right after it airs. I have to wait until I 'have the spoons' for it, as they say. If I've had a rough day, I can't add it on top of that. But I also don't want to bring down a really good day with the intensity of this show. It's kind of a delicate balance for me and it sometimes takes a week for me to be in just the right mood to handle it.
Smart of you.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your father.

I don't think I can watch the next episode if it's all about saying goodbye. I didn't make it in time to say goodbye. My plane ticket was for the day after my mom died. I had just talked to her and said I'll see you in the morning. She died right after our call.

This show is too much for me. I can't put myself through the last two episodes. I feel like i'm going to be sick.
I just wanted to say I'm so sorry. My sister in law had the same predicament when my mother in law passed. It was really hard on her not being able to get there in time.

This is hits close to home. I watched my mom go through this with her siblings, except they were there for the nitty gritty, but sure had a lot to say at the very end.

The end of this show had me sobbing. And the previews for next week 😭😭😭😭 It’s going to be rough. Mandy has said this next episode made her throw up when she read it and warned some might need to take the day off the day after.

I just watched an interview with Mandy Moore talking about the last 2 episodes. Sounds like the next one will be REALLY difficult (assuming this is where we lose Rebecca). This was the episode that made her physically sick and she warned it will be tough to watch. But she also said the last episode will bring some relief and hinted that things will wrap up on a more positive note. Buckle up!!

I watched late into the night. I found myself not paying the precise attention that I usually do, but that is okay.

Kate's comments to her siblings about "seeing" their mother hit the most realistic. I can't even explain the number of people that acted like the world was not still my mother's to live and experience.

I was not a Toby fan in early seasons, but boy I have grown to love that man.

The back and forth montage of young Rebecca working so hard to be a good mother and the three of them now trying to give back to her almost did me in. Whoever picks the music is criminal! Insert smile.

But it was the doorway that did me in. Just the doorway in itself. So many emotional moments under that simple structure.
Such a short moment in the episode, but I found it excruciating.

TLSnell1981,

Thank you but I didn't say the post you quoted. I don't know how that happened. I think your compassion was for Austin Tink, maybe.

-----------

I actually don't need tv is be an escape.
Well wait, when I sometimes do I have a good stash of trashy tv to watch.

I don't mind it being a mirror either. But completely understand that everyone is different and it is not productive for many.

Obviously this one is a difficult watch regardless, for everyone. :hug:

Last edited:
I watched late into the night. I found myself not paying the precise attention that I usually do, but that is okay.

Kate's comments to her siblings about "seeing" their mother hit the most realistic. I can't even explain the number of people that acted like the world was not still my mother's to live and experience.

I was not a Toby fan in early seasons, but boy I have grown to love that man.

The back and forth montage of young Rebecca working so hard to be a good mother and the three of them now trying to give back to her almost did me in. Whoever picks the music is criminal! Insert smile.

But it was the doorway that did me in. Just the doorway in itself. So many emotional moments under that simple structure.
Such a short moment in the episode, but I found it excruciating.

TLSnell1981,

Thank you but I didn't say the post you quoted. I don't know how that happened. I think your compassion was for Austin Tink, maybe.

-----------

I actually don't need tv is be an escape.
Well wait, when I sometimes do I have a good stash of trashy tv to watch.

I don't mind it being a mirror either. But completely understand that everyone is different and it is not productive for many.

Obviously this one is a difficult watch regardless, for everyone. :hug:
It was for Austin Tink. I'm not sure how that happened.👍

I watched a couple days ago. I've been sitting with it since then trying to decide if I loved it or not. The back and forth between moments with Rebecca mothering them, with the recent shots of them caring for her, were really touching. Masterful. Definitely had me tearing up.

The part where they are all grown up and working out how to care for Mom just didn't strike me as realistic. I mean, first you have the celebrity and the Senator, then Kate finds time to not only work full time with a special needs child, but also goes back to school. I know, some can do all of that. But it just all seemed too perfect. Then when they all came together, with every single person in Rebecca's orbit coming together to care for her, I was struggling to buy it. I think it's great. And maybe it's more of an aspirational story line. And it did make me cry. But I just wasn't buying it.

I watched a couple days ago. I've been sitting with it since then trying to decide if I loved it or not. The back and forth between moments with Rebecca mothering them, with the recent shots of them caring for her, were really touching. Masterful. Definitely had me tearing up.

The part where they are all grown up and working out how to care for Mom just didn't strike me as realistic. I mean, first you have the celebrity and the Senator, then Kate finds time to not only work full time with a special needs child, but also goes back to school. I know, some can do all of that. But it just all seemed too perfect. Then when they all came together, with every single person in Rebecca's orbit coming together to care for her, I was struggling to buy it. I think it's great. And maybe it's more of an aspirational story line. And it did make me cry. But I just wasn't buying it.

Agreed. When my mom had dementia, my brothers thought it would be perfectly fine to move her in with my sister--who worked full-time, only had a second-floor bathroom, and lived maybe 100 yards from a busy street (2 lanes in each direction). Yeah, no potential for issues there! But, they wanted to save the money Mom got from selling her house--God forbid that we spend it on care in mom's declining years! And of course, neither brother was going to lift a finger to provide any support.

I know I already put a thumbs up, but let's make it a massive one. That is exactly.what I thought of the episode.
Agreed. When my mom had dementia, my brothers thought it would be perfectly fine to move her in with my sister--who worked full-time, only had a second-floor bathroom, and lived maybe 100 yards from a busy street (2 lanes in each direction). Yeah, no potential for issues there! But, they wanted to save the money Mom got from selling her house--God forbid that we spend it on care in mom's declining years! And of course, neither brother was going to lift a finger to provide any support.
I know your post is not remotely funny, but been there, done that did make me chuckle - because people are priceless and perpetually amusing in their oh so special ways.

When I was looking after my father, the nurse practitioner had me talk to a social worker near the end, because it was always these kind of issues that brought me stress. I thought I was talking about these foreign - maybe even unfair to others' issues, as they are feeling a lot too.
The social worker cut me off & goes "Oh no, we actually have a name for them. It is seagulls! It is extremely common, unfortunately."

Last edited:
I know I already put a thumbs up, but let's make it a massive one. That is exactly.what I thought of the episode.

I know your post is not remotely funny, but been there, done that it had, did make me chuckle - because people are priceless and perpetually amusing in their oh so special ways.

When I was looking after my father, the nurse practitioner had me talk to a social worker near the end, because it was always these kind of issues that brought me stress. I thought I was talking about these foreign - maybe even unfair to others' issues, as they are feeling a lot too.
The social worker cut me off & goes "Oh no, we actually have a name for them. It is seagulls! It is extremely common, unfortunately."
Sometimes, you have to laugh or cry. When our mom eventually died, my older brother, sister, and I had a contest going--how soon after the funeral would Brother #2 ask for his inheritance? Correct answer: 46 minutes. My poor BIL was outraged--"They haven't finished putting the dirt on her grave!". But, my other siblings and I just laughed--we knew who we were dealing with. You know what they say about people showing you who they are...

Sometimes, you have to laugh or cry. When our mom eventually died, my older brother, sister, and I had a contest going--how soon after the funeral would Brother #2 ask for his inheritance? Correct answer: 46 minutes. My poor BIL was outraged--"They haven't finished putting the dirt on her grave!". But, my other siblings and I just laughed--we knew who we were dealing with. You know what they say about people showing you who they are...
Big fat sigh.

------------

I could share more fun for the masses , but I stupidly picked such a wonderfully cloaked :sad2: username all those years ago. Drat. Drat. Drat.

Yes sometimes you just have to leave them on their own path, and have a laugh on yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter