This is the Life - "And the Life Goes On!"

kaoden39 said:
I am still waiting on the repairman to contact me. I am not thrilled with Lowe's right now.

Maybe an overnight stay. I love day trips, I would love to stay on the coast. How soon would I want to contact Priceline?

For Priceline, you need to do your research. Find out where you want to go and look at surrounding areas just a bit further away. Then see how much it costs to book directly with hotel. Say it's $80. Then bid on Priceline about $40. You'll probably get rejected so you just increase bid or change location every few days until you get something. So you need to give yourself time to try. Or you can just start higher but I'm just a cheapskate and like to save money.

They make you wait between bids. Also once accepted they charge your card and you cannot get a refund. You can also request a 2 star or 3 or 4 star place (even a 1*).

I like them and found great deals if you don't mind waiting and "gambling" a bit.

My best deal was $28 for a La Quinta in Orlando with free breakfast in spring. Another one was $70 for a hotel less than 5 minutes from Hersheypark in the middle of summer (others were charging over $200!)

Some people don't like Priceline but if you do it right, you can save a lot. There are websites showing how PL works and what people have recently gotten for their bids.

For Priceline, you need to do your research. Find out where you want to go and look at surrounding areas just a bit further away. Then see how much it costs to book directly with hotel. Say it's $80. Then bid on Priceline about $40. You'll probably get rejected so you just increase bid or change location every few days until you get something. So you need to give yourself time to try. Or you can just start higher but I'm just a cheapskate and like to save money.

They make you wait between bids. Also once accepted they charge your card and you cannot get a refund. You can also request a 2 star or 3 or 4 star place (even a 1*).

I like them and found great deals if you don't mind waiting and "gambling" a bit.

My best deal was $28 for a La Quinta in Orlando with free breakfast in spring. Another one was $70 for a hotel less than 5 minutes from Hersheypark in the middle of summer (others were charging over $200!)

Some people don't like Priceline but if you do it right, you can save a lot. There are websites showing how PL works and what people have recently gotten for their bids.

Okay, I get it. Thank you. I will check it out then. Who knows?

What a loaded question. My neighbor that was helping us is very sick. He has cancer and in good conscience I cannot ask him to help Loren install the door. Scotty has never installed a door so we decided to have it installed. We are going to postpone our trip until probably next June. I am okay with this. It's not like there will never be another trip. Plus we will be getting a new freezer.

We decided that Scotty will still take the days off and we will do day trips and picnics. We'll have fun anyway.

I am a firm believer in there is a reason for everything, and that God lays the path.

aww. Poor man. I don't blame ya.

That stinks Chele.

But I am glad you can have a positive attitude about it and day trips sounds great.

I like Marsha idea of an overnight stay, just to get away.

Keep us posted on what u decide to end up doing

pixiedust:

aww. Poor man. I don't blame ya.

That stinks Chele.

But I am glad you can have a positive attitude about it and day trips sounds great.

I like Marsha idea of an overnight stay, just to get away.

Keep us posted on what u decide to end up doing

pixiedust:

Frank is Loren's bff Vincent's dad.

I like to make lemonade instead of crying over it.

Ahhh Chele!! Now I see what you meant about buying a door! So sorry tht happened but you got the right idea. I love Priceline! In june when the kiddos went to youthcamp I got a hotel in New Orleans for ether $65 or $70 a night at a Hilton and last year I got a room for $40 a night that was regular $120 and I'e done other deals. I'm getting our room for Sea World thru them. They don't have my price yet so I'll try again in the morning. Whatever I get I'll take then.

Sorry didn't mean to sound short but you know Chele I already freaked when you said ya'll weren't getting to go. Now i understand. Who knows? You may get an unexpected blessing and get to go before June!! I pray that happens!!

Oh my brain!!! it wasn't New Orleans it was Baton Rouge we stayed at this year!!!
I'e had to do some serious rearanging of our trip this week. Money is always tight but it's very tight right now. I've had some extra epense and now I have to buy a new tire! UGH We are still going to go wedand come home sat. We just aren't getting to do Sea World Fri. We are only going to do the Homeschool day which is educational with no rides etc but should still be fun. Then we will do the Alamo Imax and go to the Alamo. Sat on the way hme we are going to a reinactmentthere. We will also do Ripleys believe it or not and Ripleys 4D ride theater. Possibly go to Wonderworld which has an anti gravity house, caverns, wildlife petting zoo and observation tower. Wed we are going to just hang out at the Hotel when we get there and enjoy it. I'm bringing things we can eat in the room and we'll only eat out once a day so that should save right there. Even if we don't get to do everything it will be fun just to get away!
We need this right now. Tyler is better but he still has some serious health issues and with Braetons mitochondrial disease hanging over my head evn with him acting o.k. right now we need a less stress atmosphere!
I hope all of you are doing good. I have to get back on here more often!!!

Ahhh Chele!! Now I see what you meant about buying a door! So sorry tht happened but you got the right idea. I love Priceline! In june when the kiddos went to youthcamp I got a hotel in New Orleans for ether $65 or $70 a night at a Hilton and last year I got a room for $40 a night that was regular $120 and I'e done other deals. I'm getting our room for Sea World thru them. They don't have my price yet so I'll try again in the morning. Whatever I get I'll take then.

Great deals Leah :thumbsup2
Sorry didn't mean to sound short but you know Chele I already freaked when you said ya'll weren't getting to go. Now i understand. Who knows? You may get an unexpected blessing and get to go before June!! I pray that happens!!

That would be great if chele did :goodvibes

Oh my brain!!! it wasn't New Orleans it was Baton Rouge we stayed at this year!!!
I'e had to do some serious rearanging of our trip this week. Money is always tight but it's very tight right now. I've had some extra epense and now I have to buy a new tire! UGH We are still going to go wedand come home sat. We just aren't getting to do Sea World Fri. We are only going to do the Homeschool day which is educational with no rides etc but should still be fun. Then we will do the Alamo Imax and go to the Alamo. Sat on the way hme we are going to a reinactmentthere. We will also do Ripleys believe it or not and Ripleys 4D ride theater. Possibly go to Wonderworld which has an anti gravity house, caverns, wildlife petting zoo and observation tower. Wed we are going to just hang out at the Hotel when we get there and enjoy it. I'm bringing things we can eat in the room and we'll only eat out once a day so that should save right there. Even if we don't get to do everything it will be fun just to get away!
We need this right now. Tyler is better but he still has some serious health issues and with Braetons mitochondrial disease hanging over my head evn with him acting o.k. right now we need a less stress atmosphere!

That sounds like a great trip, Leah, no matter what you guys end up doing.

How is Tyler feeling? What do the doctors say?

I am glad you are getting away with your boys. You all deserve some fun :hug:

I am okay with it. The door is what is important.

I didn't think you were being short. I think the Lord has his plans for us all.

It sounds like you all will have fun. I pray that the boys health is taken care of.

Great deals Leah :thumbsup2

That would be great if chele did :goodvibes

That sounds like a great trip, Leah, no matter what you guys end up doing.

How is Tyler feeling? What do the doctors say?

I am glad you are getting away with your boys. You all deserve some fun :hug:

Yes, she does.

YEE HAW!!!!:goodvibes I got us a room at Holiday Inn Express for $44!
We are still waiting for insurance to kick in on Tyler so hecan go to the GI clinic. His meds are working and he is much better. He just really has to watch what he eats. He is excited aboout this week. We go tomorrow to get Braetons eyes checked out!

YEE HAW!!!!:goodvibes I got us a room at Holiday Inn Express for $44!
We are still waiting for insurance to kick in on Tyler so hecan go to the GI clinic. His meds are working and he is much better. He just really has to watch what he eats. He is excited aboout this week. We go tomorrow to get Braetons eyes checked out!

Score!! You are the queen of saving :flower3:

oh okay. Hope it kicks in soon. But I am glad to hear he is feeling better. I was really worried with him not feeling so well for so long

Good luck with Braeton tomorrow :goodvibes

Score!! You are the queen of saving :flower3:

oh okay. Hope it kicks in soon. But I am glad to hear he is feeling better. I was really worried with him not feeling so well for so long

Good luck with Braeton tomorrow :goodvibes

Thanks!! Actually I was wrong about the price. I got it for $42 not $44!!!! :) Yes he has been pretty sick. Gastritis is pretty rough! We had to reschedule B's app. He was sick with another headache!

Kelly have a Blast at Disney!!

Everyone else have a wonderful week and week end!
We leave tomorrow afternoon for San Antonio!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! Actually I was wrong about the price. I got it for $42 not $44!!!! :) Yes he has been pretty sick. Gastritis is pretty rough! We had to reschedule B's app. He was sick with another headache!

Kelly have a Blast at Disney!!

Everyone else have a wonderful week and week end!
We leave tomorrow afternoon for San Antonio!!!! :thumbsup2

That is a great deal!! I hope you all are having a blast!!

Hey Leah

How is your dad doing?

Did you guys get to enjoy any of San Antonio before you had to leave?

Just stopping in to say hello!

Kelly -- did you post your Disney pics yet? on FB or Dis?

Hey, my bacon loving friends...google Bacon Roses! George Takei posted a funny pic on his FB page, and I thought of you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter