This is the Life - "And the Life Goes On!"

Yeah me either. It doesn't help that he's over weight :-/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just checking in with everyone!! Thank God for Facebook which I can easily access on my phone which Tyler calls my rinkydink smartphone that isn't so smart!!! LOL It was free so I'm fine with it!!! LOL
I'm getting worried about Tyler. He can't shake whatever this is. I'm hoping that this will have them do either another lower GI or a colonoscopy since he did have polyps removed back in '08 and remove a cancer scare from my mind and also figure out what is going on! He's lost over 5 pounds annd is staying very tired. He's an extremely hyper kid so this is very strange. He keeps running a lowgrade fever off and on also. Hopefully it's just a ran down immune system and a bad virus!!!
On the happy side I bought our tickets to Sea Worlds homeschool day October 4th!! We are going back to the park that fri for all day rides etc... and also going to do the riverwalk, Alamo Imax and go to the Alamo that Sat where they will be doing a reinactment! Haven't decided fimly on what else. There is so much to do! We are deciding on all the Ripley attractions, Morgans wonderland or maybe Wonderworld with the Antigravity house and caverns. Just depends on what kind of deals my sis n law can get us and how my budget holds out! All these extra trips to Houston are about to break me but my kids health comes first!
Hope all ya'll are doing o.k.
Chele I pray they figure out what is oing on with Scotty soon!!!

Just checking in with everyone!! Thank God for Facebook which I can easily access on my phone which Tyler calls my rinkydink smartphone that isn't so smart!!! LOL It was free so I'm fine with it!!! LOL
I'm getting worried about Tyler. He can't shake whatever this is. I'm hoping that this will have them do either another lower GI or a colonoscopy since he did have polyps removed back in '08 and remove a cancer scare from my mind and also figure out what is going on! He's lost over 5 pounds annd is staying very tired. He's an extremely hyper kid so this is very strange. He keeps running a lowgrade fever off and on also. Hopefully it's just a ran down immune system and a bad virus!!!
On the happy side I bought our tickets to Sea Worlds homeschool day October 4th!! We are going back to the park that fri for all day rides etc... and also going to do the riverwalk, Alamo Imax and go to the Alamo that Sat where they will be doing a reinactment! Haven't decided fimly on what else. There is so much to do! We are deciding on all the Ripley attractions, Morgans wonderland or maybe Wonderworld with the Antigravity house and caverns. Just depends on what kind of deals my sis n law can get us and how my budget holds out! All these extra trips to Houston are about to break me but my kids health comes first!

Leah, I hope they find out what is wrong with Tyler. I am praying for him.

How exciting about Sea World and all the other fun! I think the Alamo is a great place to visit!

He went in to get blood tests again so who knows? He is getting his energy back.

Sorry he still so sick. That a really long virus

Did they run any blood work on him? Could he have lyme disease maybe?

Whatever it is, hope he feels better soon

Your trip sounds awesome. Sure kids will love whatever you pick

:goodvibes

Leah, I hope they find out what is wrong with Tyler. I am praying for him.

How exciting about Sea World and all the other fun! I think the Alamo is a great place to visit!

He went in to get blood tests again so who knows? He is getting his energy back.
That's good!

Sorry he still so sick. That a really long virus

Did they run any blood work on him? Could he have lyme disease maybe?

Whatever it is, hope he feels better soon

Your trip sounds awesome. Sure kids will love whatever you pick

:goodvibes

Blood work was o.k. the other night at the E.R but he will have more run. He has had gastritis since he was 9 so that doesn't help and then he had H Pylori so that makes it worse but the fever and the vomiting we don't have any idea. He is better this evening though! He had an appetite and has kept it all down!

That's good!

Blood work was o.k. the other night at the E.R but he will have more run. He has had gastritis since he was 9 so that doesn't help and then he had H Pylori so that makes it worse but the fever and the vomiting we don't have any idea. He is better this evening though! He had an appetite and has kept it all down!

Leah, I hope they figure this out.

It looks like from what I am seeing in Scotty's test results we might finally have an answer. He test high for a stomach bacteria. Hopefully we are near the end.

Leah, I hope they figure this out.

It looks like from what I am seeing in Scotty's test results we might finally have an answer. He test high for a stomach bacteria. Hopefully we are near the end.

Oh good. Glad they are getting closer :thumbsup2

That's good!

I am glad he is able to keep his food down. I hope that means he is getting better :goodvibes

Took Tyler to the Dr Yesterday. She gave his some antibiotics for a severe sinus infection. They also help treat H Pylori which we are pretty sure is back active. Also his gastritis is back active which we knew but we got new meds for that. She was able to give us a ton of samples which helped tremendously since he has no insurance at the moment. We are waiting for his insurance to get a referral to a GI at Tx Childrens Hospital. We were in the process of switching gastro Drs as he has gotten to where he hates going to his. His Dr got very rude the past 2 years and has made him feel very uncomfortable. He was better but started running fever and getting very sick again last night. I took Braeton to his well child check up today and his Dr who is the head of the Clinic the boys go to told me she thinks the meds he is on and the referral to the gastro clinic is the right thing but this is wa to long to be throwing up and if he keeps this up we need to go back to the hospital immediatly. So we are just watching and praying.
Braeton has been much better this week and then in the middle of WalMart today he just dropped and started crawling on the floor! He couldn't even stand n the edge of the front of the buggy for me to push him. I had to carry himand push a loaded buggy to the front of the store. He has an appointment in November for new genetic testing since they are pretty sure these lapses of no energy are due to his mitochondrial defect. So yes I'm pretty scared.
I haven't really said much about it but I can vent to you guys!! I amscared. Tyler is doing exactly what I did before I was diagnosed with cancer and just the thought of any mito defects petrify me even though I have known Braeton had extra mito cells since he was almost 9 months old.
I am believing and praying that Tylers is just the gastritis on top of H Pylori and catching these viruses and that Braeton is just fixing to go thru a growth spurt as that can cause these symptoms for kids with mito problems and Cerebral Palsy! I have planned a fun year of schooll this year and we are jusst going to enjoy it!. Braetons Dr really encouraged me today as she wa excited we were homeschooling again and encouraged me to relax and have fun with it this year. To just focus on the subjects they were having problems with (MATH!!) and do fun things on what we were studying! They homeschooled their oldest 2 boys for many years so she is all for it and both of her boys are doing great. One is in law school and the other med school I believe so.... that helped!!!
Braeton did good in everything today except the eye exam. He failed it bad! I'm hoping it just had to do with the energy lapse that showed later. He already has NO peripheal vision but had perfect straight vision so I hate the thought of him not seeing on top of everything else. He also had problems hearing out of his left ear but there was fluid from sinuses in that one so it wasn't scary!
O.k now that I've got that all out to all ya'll I'm going to give the last round of meds and hope we can all settle down!!!
Hope all is well with all of you!

I Hate this Chele!!! :worried:

Scotty is getting rather discouraged. I am at my wits end because I don't know what to say or do.

Took Tyler to the Dr Yesterday. She gave his some antibiotics for a severe sinus infection. They also help treat H Pylori which we are pretty sure is back active. Also his gastritis is back active which we knew but we got new meds for that. She was able to give us a ton of samples which helped tremendously since he has no insurance at the moment. We are waiting for his insurance to get a referral to a GI at Tx Childrens Hospital. We were in the process of switching gastro Drs as he has gotten to where he hates going to his. His Dr got very rude the past 2 years and has made him feel very uncomfortable. He was better but started running fever and getting very sick again last night. I took Braeton to his well child check up today and his Dr who is the head of the Clinic the boys go to told me she thinks the meds he is on and the referral to the gastro clinic is the right thing but this is wa to long to be throwing up and if he keeps this up we need to go back to the hospital immediatly. So we are just watching and praying.
Braeton has been much better this week and then in the middle of WalMart today he just dropped and started crawling on the floor! He couldn't even stand n the edge of the front of the buggy for me to push him. I had to carry himand push a loaded buggy to the front of the store. He has an appointment in November for new genetic testing since they are pretty sure these lapses of no energy are due to his mitochondrial defect. So yes I'm pretty scared.
I haven't really said much about it but I can vent to you guys!! I amscared. Tyler is doing exactly what I did before I was diagnosed with cancer and just the thought of any mito defects petrify me even though I have known Braeton had extra mito cells since he was almost 9 months old.
I am believing and praying that Tylers is just the gastritis on top of H Pylori and catching these viruses and that Braeton is just fixing to go thru a growth spurt as that can cause these symptoms for kids with mito problems and Cerebral Palsy! I have planned a fun year of schooll this year and we are jusst going to enjoy it!. Braetons Dr really encouraged me today as she wa excited we were homeschooling again and encouraged me to relax and have fun with it this year. To just focus on the subjects they were having problems with (MATH!!) and do fun things on what we were studying! They homeschooled their oldest 2 boys for many years so she is all for it and both of her boys are doing great. One is in law school and the other med school I believe so.... that helped!!!
Braeton did good in everything today except the eye exam. He failed it bad! I'm hoping it just had to do with the energy lapse that showed later. He already has NO peripheal vision but had perfect straight vision so I hate the thought of him not seeing on top of everything else. He also had problems hearing out of his left ear but there was fluid from sinuses in that one so it wasn't scary!
O.k now that I've got that all out to all ya'll I'm going to give the last round of meds and hope we can all settle down!!!
Hope all is well with all of you!

:hug:

Leah, I pray that Tyler is on the mend. This is terrible and I can understand that being in your thoughts. It has crossed my mind that Scotty has a problem like mine.

No clue. He was vomiting last night too. I kind of wondered if last night was because he and the dog had jogged in 97 degree weather.

That could be it. Not good idea to be out jogging as you know in that high of temp. Very dangerous.

Hope he does not do that again

Leah, you have so much on your plate. I don't know how you do it.

I am praying this last round of meds help Tyler. That is way too long to be that sick. I am hoping he is turning the corner now and those meds she gave will help him.

I pray that Braeton is just going through a growth spurt and nothing major

Your doctor gave good advice about the home schooling.

:hug:

That could be it. Not good idea to be out jogging as you know in that high of temp. Very dangerous.

Hope he does not do that again

I know and he says "oh the heat wasn't bothering me. I was more worried about Roy.":furious:

I know and he says "oh the heat wasn't bothering me. I was more worried about Roy.":furious:

That man can not stand still and relax it seems. he needs to take it easy right now

So, god I feel like an idiot. It was Kacy who got a job right?

When does she start? Is she part time? What will she be doing?

You know me and my questions :rotfl:

That man can not stand still and relax it seems. he needs to take it easy right now

So, god I feel like an idiot. It was Kacy who got a job right?

When does she start? Is she part time? What will she be doing?

You know me and my questions :rotfl:

No he can't but you know I think he feels better when he is active. I just don't know with him.

Yes, it is Kacy. She starts on October 3rd. Tomorrow we go get her drug test. She is going to be a cashier and then possibly move into different departments. She will be working 15 to 21 hours a week. She is so excited. They sent her to the break room to wait for the interview because the manager was running behind. Several of the employees came back to meet her and then when the interview was over they told her that they hoped she got the job.

No he can't but you know I think he feels better when he is active. I just don't know with him.

Yes, it is Kacy. She starts on October 3rd. Tomorrow we go get her drug test. She is going to be a cashier and then possibly move into different departments. She will be working 15 to 21 hours a week. She is so excited. They sent her to the break room to wait for the interview because the manager was running behind. Several of the employees came back to meet her and then when the interview was over they told her that they hoped she got the job.

Yeah, everyone different I guess :goodvibes
Whew...I was right

That sounds awesome and get amount of hours. Sounds like she will have nice co workers which always make work more fun

Very happy for her

on side note, her first day of work is my first day of Disney pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter