This is getting ridiculous...

exit30

Mouseketeer
We are checking in to the Poly on Dec. 9, so today is the day I can make our ADR's, I go online this a.m. at 6 and find that Coral Reef is completely booked for Dec. 10th. I mean no seating at all 6 months in advance? I'm glad Disney seems to be doing a lot of business in troubling economic times, but it's getting to the point that you won't even get to dine where you like. We chose the 10th. because the Christmas party is going on the 9th. and 10th. and we were going to do EPCOT, we're really not interested in the party.

I think that's more of a fluke - Coral Reef is not THAT popular. It's probably either that that date isn't available for booking yet for some reason, or it might be because they are holding tables for the Candlelight Processional package. I would keep trying, or be more flexible with the times you're looking for on the website. I bet will you get it if you keep trying.

Could also mean that 1) the restaurant has not yet been loaded into the system or 2) there's something wrong with the website. Keep trying.

It's also worth noting that they are probably holding a number of tables back for the Candlelight Processional package.

Wouldn't the glitch in the online system also make it harder to get ADR's. People were able to book at 190 days instead of the 180 days +10.

Wouldn't the glitch in the online system also make it harder to get ADR's. People were able to book at 190 days instead of the 180 days +10.

Exactly. I had my ADRS for Dec 9th 10 days ago already.

The number of persons who knew about the website error in allowing people to book prior to their 180 day mark is small, so likely the restaurant is not completely full with just those persons.

Could be a website issue. I'd try over the phone.

I have found the phone reservation folks to be really helpful in finding an open spot. I'd give them a call. Rarely is nothing available for the day I want--you just have to be flexible about times.

Good luck and happy planning.;)

The number of persons who knew about the website error in allowing people to book prior to their 180 day mark is small, so likely the restaurant is not completely full with just those persons.

Yes, but I think the normal +10 for resort guests can also play a part. I deliberately put my requests for more popular TS later in the trip so that I can make use of the +10 with "less traffic" on the system. However I would not have thought Coral Reef was a hard-to-get ressie so there is obviously another explanation for this.

In my completely non-qualified opinion. I'm thinking it's a combination of factors...

#1 - It's been "verified" (in quotes because it was from a phone CM) that they have closed blocks of ADRs off for the CP at many restaurants.
#2 - 190 and 180+10 have run into these lower supply of restaurants and thus several of them booked CR instead
#3 - Maybe CR is being added to the CP package this year, or they simply blocked off groups of ADRs at all restaurants.

Alternatively, if nothing has ever been available since a certain date, likely either not loaded (if on the phone there's no availability) or a website bug (if on the phone there is).

Maybe CR is being added to the CP package this year

If I remember right, CR has always been on the CP package. They were on the package last year as a Tier 3 restaurant.

The funny thing is, it's available for Saturday night Dec. 11th. which I thought would be even more difficult to get, but I booked it and we'll make do. I will try calling though. Thanks for the heads up.

I just checked for a party of 4 and 6 and Coral Reef has two lunch openings at 12:00 and 12:50. Looks like Dinner isn't available right now though.

If I remember right, CR has always been on the CP package. They were on the package last year as a Tier 3 restaurant.
Well, see, that'll do it :p. I had (erroneously) assumed it was typically the WS restaurants (most of them at least, I know not all). So that explains the low availability in a similar manner to Le Cellier and the other CP restaurants around that time.

I getcha Cafeen - but it's not just WS restaurants. Garden Grill participates too.

Although you really do need a good bit of time to get over to the American pavilion from either Garden Grill or Coral Reef.

Keep trying. I tried to get Coral Reef for dinner for 12/1 at my 180 days, which was June 1st. There was nothing available for dinner at all. I went on line every day to check and on June 8th was able to get a 6:55 ADR.

Also make sure you're checking the Canceled ADR threads. Someone just posted that they canceled two reservations for LeCellier in late November. :goodvibes

IIRC last year they didn't block out anything for the CP package. Heck, they didn't really ever announce anything about it. Reservations were to be made at the 90 day mark and you could just get the CP package added to them. We made a Le Cellier reservation that we had to cancel 3 days in advance. Reservations were just made as usual. Of course this was with the old 90 days reservations, perhaps now with the 180, they find the need to block out tables again like in 2008 and prior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter