Thinking about trying 50s Prime Time

pwdebbie

DIS Veteran
We've never eaten at 50s Prime time so I want to do it on our next trip. There's just two of us and we are in our 50s. Well, actually the day I'm thinking about would be dh's 60th birthday. Now, I know he would absolutely love the fried chicken, but the greens that go along with them would not go over well. I know they pick on you if you don't eat your veggies and believe me, he isn't going to eat greens. And I don't think he'll want to be picked on.

Can he get something other than collard greens?

How much chicken comes with the fried chicken? If it is half a chicken, then we would need to share.

And what are "the 'rules' for two adults"?

We love it there. He can substitute the greens for corn or something else. They do pick at you some but depends on how you play along

go- it's good fun...and even if its greens one bite won't hurt :) Love the kitch of it all - good drinks at the bar too!

My wife and I are in our early 40's, and 50's Prime Time is a "must do" for us. Great food and just about the best servers in WDW. But if you order the fried chicken, make sure you go in hungry. They DO NOT scimp on the portions in there a bit. Hope you like it!

lots of fun...tell him if he eats his greens he'll get one of their delicious shakes..

Our recent waiter was actually shocked when I ate the greens. He said he wouldn't even eat them!

My husband and I split it...it was a 1/2 chicken. When we ordered it, the waiter offered green beans instead of the greens. I said "no, I love greens!" He looked surprised. We don't get to have them too often...not popular around here!

I'm not a fan of collard greens either, so I've always substituted another veggie with no problem. Then I eat all my vegetables, and I'm allowed to have my dessert in peace. ;)

We always eat in the lounge. Not a fan of the Mom thing. Anyway in March I ordered the fried chicken and the bartender asked if I wanted all white, dark or mix! First time! I got 2 huge breast pieces and maybe a wing too. I don't remember. I got extra mashed no veggies at all. Enjoy!

IMO you will really enjoy 50's Cafe, especially if you are in your 50's. Be sure DH wears his Bday button on his birthday because if you get a good "cousin" they will really make a big deal of it and he'll get a cupcake and song.
We have celebrated our Bday there several times.

We went on our Honeymoon and it was so fun, one of the highlights of our trip!
The fried chicken is so good. I am not a fan of greens but they only made me eat a forkfull, it wasn't bad.

We've only been once. It seems to be hit or miss. We had a fun, good time! The fried chicken is huge and so crispy delicious. The PB&J shake was amazing, and the onion rings were also good. I had the pot roast which i thought was just ok but many many people love it. I thought the smores dessert was dry and overrated but that could have been an off serving. Go and enjoy!

We usually eat there every time we go to Disney. Nothing like comfort food and family serving ya!

We love 50s Prime Time! Even my mother who is 66 has a great time! We usually go to 50s on our first day at WDW. I'm sure you can substitute a different veggie for the greens (although are really good, lol). And as long as you go into the restaurant knowing that they are going to poke some fun at you, and you play along, you can have a wonderful time! Even my DH, who hates attention being brought to him while out (i.e. I can never have waitstaff sing happy birthday to him, ever) has a great time there.

I love the fried chicken at 50's PT, but I don't like greens so I always ask for green beans, with no problems at all. Years ago they used to come with the chicken instead of the greens and they are very good. I second the PB&J shake, it is excellent.

we went 2 yrs ago,and plan to go this december....we enjoyed the food...milkshakes and ice cream sundaes! they're like anywhere else, ask for a substitute....

Just wanted to point out this that my husband and I found more than enough to share (and definitely plenty if you get dessert) -

A Sampling of Mom’s Favorite Recipes
Crispy-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with
all the fixings

He took the meatloaf, I took the chicken, we split the pot roast. Absolutely not a problem to do. And cheaper than two meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter