Thinking about going back after being away for a frew years and have questions.

jphilhower

Mouseketeer
After a long absence we are thinking about going back. We were going every year and then stopped in 2013. I have a few questions.
1. We usually go in the first week of May. Is it still a low crowd time?
2. How do you get the magic bands if you buy your tickets at Shades of Green?
3. How does fast pass+ work with the tickets from Shades of Green?
4. Does anyone do the parks without using fast pass+?
5. The most important question. Is WDW worth it these days? It seems to have lost some of the magic from a lot the stuff I've been reading lately.

You'll need to read up on My Disney Experience and set up an account.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/

After you've set up an account, you'll link your Tickets there. If you decide you need/want MagicBands, you'll also link them there after you purchase them. They are not sent to you with your room reservation because Shades of Green is not an onsite resort.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-magicbands.3481711/

Everything you need to know about FPs is here in mesaboy2's FP FAQ:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

After a long absence we are thinking about going back. We were going every year and then stopped in 2013. I have a few questions.
5. The most important question. Is WDW worth it these days? It seems to have lost some of the magic from a lot the stuff I've been reading lately.

1. First week of May should be nice. We went the end of April last year, after spring break was over, and it was great. The parks are never empty but weather wise and crowd wise, should be nice. Look up some crowd calendars!
2. You buy tickets and buy Magic Bands to link to them.
3. You can book FP+ reservations 30 days out.
4. I'm sure someone does, but I don't know why you wouldn't use FP+. It's so easy.
5. Don't read too much. Cranky, negative people are everywhere. If you want to go, do it! I'm going again for the third time this year, and who knows how many times I've been in my life. It's worth it every time.

3. You can book thirty days out and can edit right up until the window opens.
4. You CAN, but why would you? Particularly with the MDE app booking FP+ is so easy and saves time!
5. Yes, totally worth it. Any experience is what the people involved make of it!

1 I have gone the last week of April and it was very nice

2 I think you will have to buy your MB but you can use the card that you will get as part of your ticket, you do not have to have a MB to use FP+

3 it is just like staying off site you can prebook 3 FP for a single park for each day you have a ticket ( it is like the old pear FP ) where you will have an hour to come back but you will know well ahead of time when your rides will be ( an dit is ok if you miss them do not show up)

4 you can do this but why not book 3 FP you do not have to use them but they do come in handy for the long lines that do happen

5 I used to go about 4 to 12 times a year for about 12/13 years then for about 5 years I went maybe 5 times then took off about 15 years and started going back about every month and yes it is still worth it yes it is different yes if you relises it is different and not the same you will enjoy it. if you are holding on to what is was then you may not like it as much. but for me yes the magic is still there the fun is still there it is still the most magical place on earth or at lest for me it will and always will be.

There isn't really a low crowd time anymore there is just less crowd but still crowded. That time is pretty good in my mind, especially this year with pandora most likely opening the end of may, it'll help keep the last minute crowd from coming down until after it's opened.

Don't listen to the negative nancy's ;)
It has not lost it's magic.
We have been going every year since 2011 and went last year for our Honeymoon. Everyone there made us feel so special & did so much for us it was incredible. It was the most magical time. I skip over all the negative posts on the board anyway... I like to go and see for myself if it is there or not :)

It will never lose it's magic to me and my family. There are lot's of negatives around that only concentrate on why they DON'T like. We would go every month if it was financially feasible. Until then we will go whenever we can and enjoy every second of it.

Why did you stop going annually in 2013? Did you stop feeling the magic? We go at least annually and haven't stopped. Only you can answer if Disney is worth it. IMHO, it hasn't changed much except HS is smaller.

As to Shades of Green.....if you have a reservation they will email you a ticket order form about 40 days before your trip. You complete the forms and email them back. They send back an email with pictures of your tickets that you can scan into My Disney Experience. Then you are ready to select FPs 30 days out. It's not hard and quarantees FPs for three attractions. There is no down side except for a few minutes of your time. If you don't get the attractions you want at the 30 day mark, you can try to modify them. MDE is user friendly.

When you check in SOG will give you hard tickets (assuming you ordered them in advance as mentioned above). You use these when going through the gate and in the FP lines. You do not need a magic band. If you want one, you can buy it when you're in Disney or in advance using the Shop Disney Parks app. You will not be able to use a magic band to open your resort room or for charging in the parks.

I think your questions have been answered, but I wanted to throw this out there- Look into using your military discount on a value or moderate and it will probably be cheaper or around the same price depending on your fee category. Then you get all of the onsite benefits!

Why did you stop going annually in 2013? Did you stop feeling the magic? We go at least annually and haven't stopped. Only you can answer if Disney is worth it. IMHO, it hasn't changed much except HS is smaller.

As to Shades of Green.....if you have a reservation they will email you a ticket order form about 40 days before your trip. You complete the forms and email them back. They send back an email with pictures of your tickets that you can scan into My Disney Experience. Then you are ready to select FPs 30 days out. It's not hard and quarantees FPs for three attractions. There is no down side except for a few minutes of your time. If you don't get the attractions you want at the 30 day mark, you can try to modify them. MDE is user friendly.

When you check in SOG will give you hard tickets (assuming you ordered them in advance as mentioned above). You use these when going through the gate and in the FP lines. You do not need a magic band. If you want one, you can buy it when you're in Disney or in advance using the Shop Disney Parks app. You will not be able to use a magic band to open your resort room or for charging in the parks.

Thanks for the information. We never stopped feeling the magic and the pull to go has always been strong. But every time we decide to go life got in the way. We had to take care of a few family issues. Now we are ready to go back!!!

I think your questions have been answered, but I wanted to throw this out there- Look into using your military discount on a value or moderate and it will probably be cheaper or around the same price depending on your fee category. Then you get all of the onsite benefits!

We will stat at SOG. We like and love the location.

If there are Harry Potter fans in the house, be sure to look at Universal / Islands of Adventure. A lot is changing over there and they're opening up a whole new water park this summer.

How wonderful that you are again able to look at making another trip to WDW! Life has a way of adjusting our priorities, doesn't it?

I hope nothing will interfere with you having a great vacation this year, no matter where your plans take you.

PS... I think there is still plenty of Magic to be found at WDW, or anywhere, if you are ready to feel it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter