• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking about doing my first solo trip

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like lot of people have gone solo and had a great time. Might be time to try it out myself.

I was always hesitant about doing a solo trip but I took the plunge in 2014 and now it's a must do as often as possible. My next solo trip will be early 2017.

The one thing I really enjoyed doing was playing Disney Transportation Roulette. If I didn't have any ADRs for the day I would leave the resort first thing in the morning and take the first bus that arrived and go to that park. When I was done there I would hop on the first resort bus that showed up and end up at whatever resort we came to. I would repeat this throughout the day until I felt it was time to head back to the resort. If the resort had other travel options, such as boats or monorail I would toss a coin to see what travel option I was going with. It was so much fun.

I got to see some resorts I had never visited before and it was so nice not having to make plans for everything. I can't wait to do it again 10 months from now.

I've done 3 solo trips and they were amazing! You are on nobody's timetable and you can do what you want, when you want! If you want to completely change your plans at the last moment, there isn't anyone that would be complaining. It's great! So many folks are busy with their own party that they would never know you were alone.

Go, and have an amazing magical trip! pixiedust:

I was always hesitant about doing a solo trip but I took the plunge in 2014 and now it's a must do as often as possible. My next solo trip will be early 2017.

The one thing I really enjoyed doing was playing Disney Transportation Roulette. If I didn't have any ADRs for the day I would leave the resort first thing in the morning and take the first bus that arrived and go to that park. When I was done there I would hop on the first resort bus that showed up and end up at whatever resort we came to. I would repeat this throughout the day until I felt it was time to head back to the resort. If the resort had other travel options, such as boats or monorail I would toss a coin to see what travel option I was going with. It was so much fun.

I got to see some resorts I had never visited before and it was so nice not having to make plans for everything. I can't wait to do it again 10 months from now.

What a fun idea!

That is such a good idea for taking bus roulette to the next level! I used to play bus roulette on my days off when I was on the College Program, but I never took it that step further. Great way to get more resort experiences, too; there's so much to do outside the parks.

I'm so glad this thread is here. I haven't considered a solo trip since I've been married, and now that we have a toddler, trips are ALL about him. (I don't mind very much - DH and I got to do some amazing trips before becoming parents.) But I am very much a planner, and DH is not excited about a trip that requires a lot of prior arrangements. DisneyLand has a group of women that get together for a long weekend every year, the DIS Divas, and I was hoping to find a similar group for the world. But a solo trip opens up so many possibilities. Thank you all for this idea and your experiences.

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like lot of people have gone solo and had a great time. Might be time to try it out myself.
Do it, went for 10 days solo last September and had an amazing time, like everyone says there is so much to do and see that it doesn't Matter and to be honest I saw a lot of people walking around and on a the rides solo

I'm so happy to hear all these wonderful reviews of solo trips! I have my 7 night stay planned for the first week of October and it's scary but thrilling all at the same time. I've only told 2 coworkers what my plans are. One is excited for me while the other thinks it's selfish to leave my family home while I travel. They don't want to go!!! So I'm keeping my plans to myself other than all the peeps on here.

This sounds like a totally cool thing to do. I'd love to do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter