Thinking about changing resorts

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
I have movies reserved but im toying with the idea of an taking an rv to florida. So i would need to change resorts, believe it or not they are the same price. Movies is sold out. There is still campsites avab for now.
I really just dont know what to do can you have two reservations at once? Our vacation is not till march so i have time.

I don't know if you can have two reservations at the same time but would you be switching to Fort Wilderness or off site RV park?

I had two reservations until yesterday. So it's possible. I'm cancelling the one, but I was trying to patch together a week at one resort. I have CS for two nights, overlapping POR while trying to get a full week at just one of them. I had also tried just booking POR, but to get the full week, I had to change room types, and new that meant changing rooms.

Anyway, I definitely had two reservations, both cancellable, until I figured out how to make it work for us.

I had two reservations until yesterday. So it's possible. I'm cancelling the one, but I was trying to patch together a week at one resort. I have CS for two nights, overlapping POR while trying to get a full week at just one of them. I had also tried just booking POR, but to get the full week, I had to change room types, and new that meant changing rooms.

Anyway, I definitely had two reservations, both cancellable, until I figured out how to make it work for us.

You are making feel better, im not the only one that is trying to figure out what's best. Im 4.5 months out... its so scary canceling a sold out hotel.

One Christmas I had rooms listed in my name at 2 WDW resorts. One was for my immdediate family and the other for the man's brother. I was even able to link the rooms together for the purpose of ADRs. Obviously, these were keepers but had a suitable room ever opened at either of the hotels I'd have grabbed it and cancelled one of the original rooms.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but for the sake of convenience, I'd stick with the Movies. I am not a fan of Fort Wilderness, but then again I'm not really a fan of camping in general. We rented a cabin one year and hated it. Having to take the internal bus to get anywhere, even to fill our drink mugs at the store, or go to the pool, was the worst!

I'd stick with Movies but I think the Fort is kind of a hassle. I love the Fort, though!
I wish I could stay at Fort Wilderness but too many camping trips (for him;)) has the man saying an obstinate and anguished "No!!!".

Fort Wilderness is so much fun! I’d def only do it though if you can rent a golf cart and aren’t going to be park commandos during your trip.

I really appreciate you all, i think we are going to stick to movies, you guys helped me a lot.
I can just park the rv if we have one it will be small.

We have a tripped planned for next year and the kids are begging to get an RV. Disney is actually just a stop on our trip further south to the gulf coast so it could make sense... However, the need for a golf cart is making me rethink it. How far away are the campsites? Would we be miserable without one?

We have a tripped planned for next year and the kids are begging to get an RV. Disney is actually just a stop on our trip further south to the gulf coast so it could make sense... However, the need for a golf cart is making me rethink it. How far away are the campsites? Would we be miserable without one?
We tent camped at Fort Wilderness with no golf cart, no vehicle of any kind, actually- we flew in. It was one of our best trips. Easy walk to the internal bus station. No long wait for that in the morning before park opening, which was the only time we were in a hurry.

I have stayed at FW a few times solo, and as a solo, could never justify the cost of a golf cart. I was just fine using Disney transportation. You do need to adjust your mindset to “laid back” mode, as everything is more relaxed at the Fort. I spend a lot more time at the resort when I stay there.

I have also stayed at Movies and had a great time, but they are different experiences, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter