Things you WISH they'd build at Disney Springs

I actually wouldn't mind a Target. Or even a Walgreens. Just somewhere easy to go (without driving) where you could pick up stuff you forgot to pack-- or even extra socks/underwear-- without paying an arm and a leg in resort gift shops. Of course that would probably hurt Disney's bottom line, so it would probably never happen. But I remember one year I forgot to pack my moisturizer, and there wasn't really anywhere on property I could find to replace it!

While I would hate a Target, I actually think a drug store would be useful, and they could theme it like an old fashioned drug store with a soda fountain attached.

Not many of you may know this, but we do have a giant Ferris wheel and a pretty good aquarium being built here. We also have good local musicians that could be courted to play here. We also have fantastic local food places that deserve more exposure in the area (Mellow Mushroom, Bubbalous BBQ, Tequalia Flats, and many more.) They could have be courted to be at Disney Springs. Disney missed with the locals.

Mellow Mushroom isn't local. It is a large chain founded in and still based in Atlanta.
Local BBQ would be good...but I'd prefer to see 4 Rivers instead of Bubbalous. 4 Rivers is a bit more polished of a brand and would fit in better with Disney Springs.
I assume you mean Tijuana Flats. That would be another good choice.

I agree that a Walgreen type store would be great if done correctly.

I would like to see something like the antique photo shops in Gatlinburg and other places except using Disney themed props, backgrounds, and costumes to get photos done.

Mellow Mushroom isn't local. It is a large chain founded in and still based in Atlanta.
Local BBQ would be good...but I'd prefer to see 4 Rivers instead of Bubbalous. 4 Rivers is a bit more polished of a brand and would fit in better with Disney Springs.
I assume you mean Tijuana Flats. That would be another good choice.

Yup. I always get the name confused with Tortilla Flat, by John Steinbeck. Don't know why. I had no idea Mellow was national (gah, now I want some!!). Everyone loves 4Rivers - I'm not a fan because it's Texas BBQ and I like pork BBQ, but I do think it would be a good choice. Why they don't have local sweet stores/bakeries there is also a mystery. I KNOW there are good bakeries here, but they went with national or out of state places. Why?

Local, dudes, support LOCAL!

Yes, a Walgreens-esque type store WOULD be perfect on property. Even better if they don't charge an arm and a leg. Don't charge anymore than the ones right outside property would, at the most.
It would definitely keep people on property more if they need a few things.

A ferris wheel would be nice.

Another neat idea would be night clubs with different themes. One could be electronic music, another could be top 40, another 70s/80s....
:( i miss pleasure island so much :(

More affordable restaurants. I mean the Boathouse is fine every once in awhile. But I'd really like to see some affordable restaurant choices

While I would hate a Target, I actually think a drug store would be useful, and they could theme it like an old fashioned drug store with a soda fountain attached.

Doubtful for Disney Springs, too upscale (aka expensive), but I could see a real Drug Store and maybe something like a mini Target going into Flamingo Crossing(s).

Also some have brought up more affordable restaurants, well since this area is going to marketed to Sports Groups they would almost have to have cheaper places to eat. Just don't expect the atmosphere of DS.

I did just a little digging and it sounds like they are putting more "normal" retail kind of like DS lite.

They hope to have something open in 2017.

Last edited:
The Viking great hall, Valhalla!.....serving wenchs and slaves, serving great joints of meat, mead!.....ale!...wine!.....

Riotous battles between warriors, each trying to die with a sword in his hand to get into heaven and the real hall in Valhalla!

If they do die we can set them in a long ship with the maiden and set it blaze as it crosses the lake toward Saratoga!

OK, maybe a bit over the top.

AKK

I'd like them to build a way to get where I want in DTD without a 10 mile hike through crowds to it. I'd probably spend more money and use more of the resturants if I didn't have to trek past everything again. I miss the second bus stop and boat to the middle.
The new bus depot will be in the middle, roughly where the old PI bus depot was. But the Marketplace depot will be closed.

The Causeway provides a shortcut walkway from The Landing to the back of the Marketplace, around RFC and EoS. It lets you skip the congestion around WoD & Lego.

It feels like it just needs more entertainment. With Disney Quest shutting down .. I would think some other "attraction" there would be nice.

I agree that a Walgreen type store would be great if done correctly.

I would like to see something like the antique photo shops in Gatlinburg and other places except using Disney themed props, backgrounds, and costumes to get photos done.

They used to have a pirate photo OP like this in Adventureland-- my family did it a few times when I was a kid. Not sure why they got rid of it!!

I love the drug store/ soda fountain idea. I think it would fit in concept wise and be useful.

I like to idea of a photo shoot place. Having props and stuff would be neat. And being able to get family shots, etc could help boost memory maker sales.

I would like to see more character dining experiences in general. Especially ones that are geared more to boys.

Yes, a Walgreens-esque type store WOULD be perfect on property. Even better if they don't charge an arm and a leg. Don't charge anymore than the ones right outside property would, at the most.
It would definitely keep people on property more if they need a few things.

A ferris wheel would be nice.

Another neat idea would be night clubs with different themes. One could be electronic music, another could be top 40, another 70s/80s....
:( i miss pleasure island so much :(

I used to frequent pleasure island. A buddies dad was a VP with Disney so we always had passes to get in. Good times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter