Things to do in Cleveland?

Does your family watch "A Christmas Story" at holiday time? The Christmas Story house is in Cleveland.

I have never been to Cleveland, but that is something I would like to see myself. That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread. I would love the opportunity to go see that myself!

If you want something romantic and laid back I think a cruise would be wonderful on the Nautical Queen and you have to check out the art museum, it is amazing. Yes it is free but the special exhibits do have a nominal fee. If you are interested in plays Playhouse Square has some incredible shows and the area has wonderful restaurants.

Best thing to see in Cleveland can be seen in your rear view mirror. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone (even yours, CP, lol). Dh is really interested in the "grocery stores," lol. We've never seen anything like that before. Might be an interesting stroll. And Amish County, the Art Museum and Fourth St seem like just what we were looking for.
That sounds like a couple full days right there. :) I appreciate your help!

I'm a local Clevelander! Check out the museums in University Circle. The art museum is really gorgeous and free! Indians games are always a lot of fun if they're playing while you're in town. Our theater district, Playhouse Square is my favorite area in town. Check out the "worlds largest outdoor chandelier" and try to see a show! My favorite restaurant, Cowell and Hubbard, is also located here. Just down the street is our downtown grocery store, Heinen's. I know a grocery store doesn't sound like a tourist attraction, but it's in an old rotunda and is absolutely gorgeous. Plus, they have what are essentially wine vending machines. We have so many awesome restaurants. E 4th street is probably your best bet to eat. Lola (and as of Monday Mabel's BBQ) are Michael Symon's restaurants. I personally think Lola is overrated, but many love it. My favorite restaurant here is Greenhouse Tavern (definitely try the wings!). For something more casual, we love Barrio, a build your own taco place with several locations around town. I think that's about all I can think of this early haha! Let me know if you have any questions!

Does your family watch "A Christmas Story" at holiday time? The Christmas Story house is in Cleveland.

We do.

Ive actually been there and actually...the inside is kind of boring as this house was only used for exterior shots. Though the tour guide does have some really cool information on how it came to be and how it was restored.
There is also a small museum across the street where they have The Old Mans car and the fire engine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter