• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things that should come back

We only used Disney’s transportation once in 1999 from the Caribbean Beach Resort and it brought us to the port so late the buffet at Topsiders was already put away.
That has now changed and the DCL bus is now too early for me from WDW 🤣 I don’t want to be waiting in the terminal for an hour.

Straws that are capable of lasting an entire drink without becoming a mushy unusable mess. There are plenty of great biodegradable options that work so much better than the paper junk ones they are using.
There's another solution to those straws... Beer or wine. :rotfl2:

Seriously, I agree, those straws are terrible.

Do they still have the baby races in the lobby? We really enjoyed watching the baby’s crawl across the finish line. We just cruised on the Fantasy and I don’t recall hearing about them. And to be honest I do miss the daily navigator. It was like our morning paper on deck 4 with our coffee.
This was back on our sep4-11 magic sailing!

The free tea party with I believe it was Alice. Pots filled with ice tea or apple juice for kids.
Free character breakfast for everyone. A designated morning with your regular servers.
Midnight chocolate buffet
Everyday a free "Everyone Can Cook" demonstration with tasting and free wine tasting
Dropping a pillow case or t-shirt at guest services and getting all the character signatures without having to stand in line
Kid club graduation ceremonies
Potato race
Mr. Frog's race
Being able to do online check-in once paid in full
Platinum early booking after concierge perk
Being able to take a picture in front of the Mickey in the boarding area in the terminal
The old chocolate chip cookies
Lays bagged chips on the pool deck
Palo brunch buffet or just getting a brunch reservation
Castaway club cocktail hour with the captain and free passed cocktails
Themed lunch in a main restaurant
Paper navigators or a way to not show spa when you just want to see adult activities
"If I Were Not Upon the Sea" on the last night (If you don't know what that is google it. Last night and hysterical)
An adult club host who got to know the audience and played to them instead of someone new for every night
Adult pool games
Serenity Bay without a whistle blowing, jet ski driving life guard
A full night of entertainment (after dinner show, main show, two or three adult shows). We were never bored then
Shampoo that you don't need to pump awkwardly numerous times to get a small amount
A refrigerator and drawers on the Wish
Varied breakfast and lunch buffet options. A couple ships have returned to a variety but the Fantasy last week had very limited choices and the same breakfast options every day.

I could go on. Cruising on DCL is so different than it was when we first starting cruising and it's said. I'm just grateful my kids were able to experience DCL when cruises were truly magical for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter