Things that are foreign to your kids, that were normal for you...

No microwave. No computers. Records and 8-tracks were your only options besides the radio.

Wizard of Oz and Sound of Music were the yearly movies I waited to see. :)

Any type of actual safe infant/child car seat. My parents had the plastic seats you put your kid in to feed them, and they tied those to the back seat with a fabric belt (not a car seatbelt) and thought they were so clever. :)

My kids can't get over the TV horror stories I tell them...no remote controls, black & white TVs, a handful of channels that told you what time and day you had to watch each show, LOL! And a large chunk of hours each evening with no TV at all! The horror! plus---commercials! And no way to pause or rewind a show!

And people smoking everywhere. Even teachers & bus drivers.

Does anyone else remember having a wired remote? We did for our first DVD player.

Yes I have-when I first signed up Netflix streaming was only 2hours per month! and DVDs were king back then.

I did remove my streaming from my plan when they allowed for multiple profiles on one account. We just added a profile to my husband's account but I opted to keep my DVD service; I just have the 1 DVD at a time plan though. I kinda figured if I removed it I may not be able to get it back. I likely won't get rid of it I'll let Netflix do that for me.

Vast majority of the movies in their catalog I can get either through streaming on other services or my local libraries but for some older 70s,80s,90s,more early 2000s movies (even though Netflix has removed some of those or retired them without purchasing more when the discs are too damaged) I've been able to get a decent amount to watch.

The movie I just got was released in 1980 lol.

That explains it because I looked just now and could not find a plan that included actual disks. So dont give that baby up until you are really done!

We started Netflix really early. Their closest rental warehouse was halfway across the country about and the turnaround time was closer to 5 days, not throttled. I think there were fewer than 100 catalog titles when we joined (adding more quickly) and we were thrilled because at that point we pretty much had to buy any DVDs we wanted to watch. One local video stores had a small turning rack of DVDs and that was it.

Does anyone else remember having a wired remote? We did for our first DVD player.

No, I remember *being* the remote for my parents. 🤣

On weekends I remember my father laying on the floor in front of the tv flipping back and forth between 2 or 3 different football games while listening to a non televised game on the radio with an earphone (remember when they were only for 1 ear?).

Suitcases without wheels. Boarding a plane by walking out of the building and climbing the stairs. Being able to go to the gate to greet and see off visitors.
Household appliances in harvest gold or avocado green.

That explains it because I looked just now and could not find a plan that included actual disks. So dont give that baby up until you are really done!
For sure! It's still got some usage for me lol
We started Netflix really early. Their closest rental warehouse was halfway across the country about and the turnaround time was closer to 5 days, not throttled. I think there were fewer than 100 catalog titles when we joined (adding more quickly) and we were thrilled because at that point we pretty much had to buy any DVDs we wanted to watch. One local video stores had a small turning rack of DVDs and that was it.
Ugh that sounds like a long time. We have a facility here in my area (I think we still do..not completely sure).

Oh the era of buying DVDs...oh the video store! Gosh does that bring back memories of Blockbuster and pizza nights :love:

Way back in the day I remember when DVDs were just starting to become popular and I resented that at first and was sad to see the first row of DVDs at Blockbuster. I was so used to VHS I didn't think anything could replace that experience one would get..boy was I wrong and now you hardly ever watch DVDs (or Blu-rays) it's just streaming so much. My oh my has the times changed :lmao:

But by the time I signed up for Netflix I was well used to the idea of DVDs even though I still had bought some VHS tapes at that time too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter