things I loved on our trip

bgayarre

Earning My Ears
Just came back from our trip July 11-july18. stayed at yacht club resort. Loved the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood studios. I am a runner and loved the running trail. We purchased the food plan and loved it. Although, I don't think you actually are saving money , i liked having the convenience of it being paid ahead of time. I loved Soarin, and the new Frozen ride. we did all 4 parks and were able to get every ride and show done. {that took major planning} . we did do early morning and also rope drops. Ate at the castle, Be our Guest, Captain's grill,Mexico, Tuskerhouse-excellent. 1900 parkview. The food was very good on this trip. no complaints. Weather was hot, but we live in Miami so it was not a shock. Pools at Yacht club were great. any questions feel free to ask. loved planning the trip. total for 4, including FLorida res, was $5200.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

What meals did you eat at Captain's Grill? We are staying at Beach Club for the first time on our next trip, and I made a couple of breakfast reservations to be safe, but I'm wondering if you can easily just walk up. I'd love to have the freedom to do that.

Were you able to find lounge chairs together by the main pool fairly easily? I had read previously that people try and reserve them way ahead of time.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

What meals did you eat at Captain's Grill? We are staying at Beach Club for the first time on our next trip, and I made a couple of breakfast reservations to be safe, but I'm wondering if you can easily just walk up. I'd love to have the freedom to do that.

My son and I stay at the Beach Club about twice a year. We had never eaten at Captain's Grill until this May/June trip. We ate there 3 times during our trip! It turned out to be very good and each day was a walk up. We had a late breakfast there on Memorial Day (wait was about 30 minutes) then had lunch there twice with no wait. We didn't do dinner. Breakfast was a buffet and my son ordered a la carte since he has severe food allergies. Chef Sergio was there and was awesome with food allergies. We will definitely be eating there multiple times in December.

My son and I stay at the Beach Club about twice a year. We had never eaten at Captain's Grill until this May/June trip. We ate there 3 times during our trip! It turned out to be very good and each day was a walk up. We had a late breakfast there on Memorial Day (wait was about 30 minutes) then had lunch there twice with no wait. We didn't do dinner. Breakfast was a buffet and my son ordered a la carte since he has severe food allergies. Chef Sergio was there and was awesome with food allergies. We will definitely be eating there multiple times in December.

Great info, thanks!

It sounds like you had a lovely time! We heading back to the YC for a week end of Sept and cannot wait.

So glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing! We have never stayed at YC, but we're staying at Beach Club for the first time soon, and we are really looking forward to it - especially the pool! We've always visited both resorts, for meals or just to walk around that area, and it is just so amazing. I am really looking forward to walking to Epcot the most. Not having to take a bus to 2 parks is great.

What did you think of the buffet at 1900 Park Fare? Did you do dinner there? After seeing mixed reviews we're having second thoughts about our ADR.

Just came back from our trip July 11-july18. stayed at yacht club resort. Loved the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood studios. I am a runner and loved the running trail. We purchased the food plan and loved it. Although, I don't think you actually are saving money , i liked having the convenience of it being paid ahead of time. I loved Soarin, and the new Frozen ride. we did all 4 parks and were able to get every ride and show done. {that took major planning} . we did do early morning and also rope drops. Ate at the castle, Be our Guest, Captain's grill,Mexico, Tuskerhouse-excellent. 1900 parkview. The food was very good on this trip. no complaints. Weather was hot, but we live in Miami so it was not a shock. Pools at Yacht club were great. any questions feel free to ask. loved planning the trip. total for 4, including FLorida res, was $5200.

That's exactly the reason we have purchased the dining plan - convenience of having it all paid ahead of time. Mind you, we did several buffet style meals (Cape May, O'Hana, Trail's End, Boma) so it was worth it cost wise as well. We've never had a food complaint either.

Beach Club is my bucket list resort for "someday" - for DH and I for a couples trip. Being able to walk to Epcot would be awesome!!

i guys, yes we ate dinner at Captains Grill. It was really good. Dessert was fabulous!We had booked the reservation for most of the sitdown dinners ahead of time. To answer the questions on the lounge chairs at the pool ,my family which is my husband and two teenage daughters, 17 and 14, used the rafts in the pool, so didnt really look for lounge chairs/ One note the pavement is burning hot so use flipflops right up to the edge of the pool. The water slide was very nice. As for the 1900 pk at the Grand Floridian I thought the food was fresh and good. I forgot to say that at Hollywood studios we ate at Mama Melrose for lunch and this was one of my favorite places we ate. We ended up having extra snack credits so we , on our last day , went back to Epcot and ate around the world. This is so much fun. we ate something in every country. So, as an example, Mexico we had nachos, China eggroll with, the frozen mango green tea_really good. Marraco hummus, Great Britian fish and chips, Norway we had school bread, Germany we had the sausage sandwich, France chocolate eclair, japan was a green tea, USA root beerfloat with popcorn, italy chocolate, Canada ketchup potato chips. (I did mention I am a runner- lol, so ran every morning before entering the parks. ) eating is half the fun.

Don't forget when purchasing the meal plan, with the exception of the castle, tips are not included. So , most of the sit down meals tipping 20 percent cost us about $40 a meal

What did you think of the buffet at 1900 Park Fare? Did you do dinner there? After seeing mixed reviews we're having second thoughts about our ADR.

1900 Park Fare is a decent buffet. Personally, we have found that the food at all of the Disney Buffets (except Cape Mays) doesn't really stack up to TS locations where you order your own entree. The buffets are mainly for the character interaction IMO, not for being overly impressed by the food.

1900 PF does have fantastic character interaction. The stepsisters are a riot.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter