• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

I'm glad Allison's okay. I had no idea there was and earthquake until I got up this morning. It had to been a scary experience for both of you even though you didn't know about it at the time.
Have a good day
Liz

So glad to see that Allison is ok. I did not realize there was an earthquake until a few minutes ago. Thoughts for you both!!! :grouphug:

I heard about the earthquake in Italy last night when I was on my way to bed. It happend very late local time. Norway and Italy is in the same time zone.
My first thought was Allison and that she was safe. They said on the radio that the earthquake happend outside Rome, but you could feel it in Rome. So I crossed my fingers that she was still in Rome and not in some village outside of Rome nearer the earthquake.

Today I was at the garage where my new car is being customized. I was there for 2 1\2 hours. As I suspected the gas and break pedals wasn't perfect. So they tried to fix that. Then we discovered that my feet is not in the ground when I adjust the seat as it should be when driving. So they have to make the floor higher where the pedals are so I can sit comfortable and drive. I asked the garage how much more time they need to get my car ready. They didn't know because maybe they have to order parts to get the floor higher. But they think they will need 2 more weeks. So now I'm crossing my fingers that I will get my car in mid-September. I really need the car before winter comes so I can get used to it before our roads get more narrow because of the snow and slippery because of ice.

That earthquake in Italy was terrible. I'm glad Allison was okay. First France had the shootings and now Italy has an earthquake. Poor Mom!

I bet you'll be happy to have her safe in your home again.

Wow about that tree...glad it all worked out! That pizza looks delicious...I want one now!

Yes - we were a bit shocked, but also glad it worked out... It was kind of scary for a few minutes there.

It was a great pizza... I only had 2 pieces of it, and I probably could have been satisfied with one - but it was definitely good. ::yes::

Wow, I'm glad you got the power back on. We've had tree fall on our yard but never had them pull the power lines out of the house. My mom had a garbage truck pull the power line from her house along with the siding. It was a big mess because the city blamed the power company. The power company blamed the garbage hauler. Eventually someone did pay.e
I did misunderstand about the bag as long as there's enough stabilizer it should be fine.
I'm glad Allison is enjoying her visit to Italy.
Sunday was fun. We hiked along the old Ohio and Erie canal near where my daughter works. After that we went to downtown Cleveland by the Rock Hall and science center, We got some pictures of the lighthouses at the river mouth. While we were there, there was a waterspout and wee tried take pictures of that. There were people running all over trying to see that.
Today I'm having lunch with one of my closest friends. Her husband is the one that got my daughter her job. It'll be a nice break from work. Unfortunately I have to go back after that.
Have a good day
Liz

We were lucky - from what Josh told me - the power was still connected, but like you saw - the brackets and the huge eye bolt that holds the line to the house were all pulled out. I am very thankful that it was the power company's responsibility to the meter... or it could have cost us a small fortune to get it fixed.

It's OK - I am not always good at explaining either, and I was definitely vague on that one. :)

She is... A little skittish from the earthquake, but she is loving Italy.

It sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday! Just lovely! I hope you enjoy your lunch with your friend too... It's so nice to be able to do that.

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

Love the hair cut. The Don bag is just adorable. I hope it works out for you and that you continue to use it.

Cooper is definitely a big boy. He certainly has grown into a beautiful boy.

Allison is looking great. So glad the smile is back in her eyes.

Ugh, on the tree and electric. So lucky the tree didn't fall on the house and that no one got hurt.

Well, I dropped my daughter off at college. It was not easy leaving her behind. Thank goodness for skype/facetime.

Thanks... I am very much enjoying my hair at the moment. Hopefully I can use the Don/Chip/Dale bag for a few trips... Otherwise - I guess I'll just make another. LOL

He is... Both of our dogs have sure grown up to be good looking dogs... A lot crazy sometimes - but good dogs overall. :scratchin

Yes- she really is enjoying Italy... It looks to be beautiful there. I think, if given the opportunity - she would definitely go back to Italy again... Well, I think she would go back anywhere she has been this summer. LOL I know she also enjoyed France very much.

Yes - we were lucky - the tree that fell was way down in our back yard... Thankfully it wasn't a tree that was closer to our house. And thankfully the power company was able to hook us right back up with power, it turned out to be an easy fix.

I know the feeling - Skype is an amazing thing - I am so thankful for it!

I'm so glad your power was restored and that the tree didn't fall on the house! It made me laugh that V still ended up making dinner for you...except that she didn't make it at your house. LOL But it was a sweet thing for her to do.

I had a completely unproductive day yesterday....had to come back to work after having almost two weeks off and spent most of the day sorting through all of the e-mails that piled up in my absence and trying not to fall asleep because I stayed up so late the night before waiting to hear from Alyssa during her layovers and then that she had landed in Utah....so I only had a few hours of sleep. I was exhausted! And my health problems flared up yesterday afternoon which is always very exhausting, so by the time I got home from work I was done. I crashed on our oversized beanbag and stayed there until I finally had the energy to go up the stairs and get ready for bed at 8:15. LOL My productive husband, though, assembled another storage shelf and made more progress organizing our utility/storage room. Yea!

Thanks for the kind comment on my gallery wall. I'm really happy with how it turned out, although now I'm wishing we had spaced it out more in the width, so at some point I may try to talk my husband into helping me spread it out more....

I'm a bit concerned about the rest of Brie's senior pictures. My friend who is taking them is moving out of state on rather short notice (her husband got a new job and they need him there very quickly) so we're hoping she has time to take and edit the pictures before she leaves. My fingers are crossed....otherwise I need to find a new photographer who has reasonable prices!

We were very lucky... Yes - I found that pretty funny myself. It was really nice and tasty too. ::yes::

Bummer that your first day back was so exhausting. I sure hope you are feeling better now and back to normal. Glad to hear that Alyssa made it home OK.

I wouldn't space your wall out any more - it's perfect as it is. Many people make the spaces between the pictures on a gallery wall too far apart and it loses it's cohesiveness... Yours is just perfect and I love it! :lovestruc

Oh no!!! I sure hope you are able to get her pictures done. If it doesn't work out with your current photographers, ask on FB - see if any of your local friends can recommend anyone... Look for someone like Allison, who does it in their spare time. ::yes::

i know of a GREAT obedience instructor.

Ok well then you have to stay away from the dancing water fountains....

Nope.. Never be good at this.. As a parent you will ALWAYS ALWAYS worry!!!
What summer...
Still trying to get tess here.

HOLY COW! If it was going to happen i am glad it happened during the day! Working hours day.. Thank goodness!

This is excellent. i didn't know she was working at a Pizza place!

I thought you quit this??? God am i off.

I know - so do I!!! ;)

Hehehe... The dancing water fountains are the BEST!

I know - I am so tired of worrying... I just want her home.

I agree - it's going by so fast, except the part where Allison is gone - that's going slow.

Yes - true... Thankfully the power company was able to get it all restored very quickly. We were lucky with this one.

Yes - she started there this spring... It's a great place, and a great first job for her - pretty flexible, and the owner is also a coach at a high school - so he is GREAT with all of the kids. And his pizza is excellent too. ::yes::

Nope - still going strong... Maybe a few more months? We'll see how it goes? :lovestruc

I can't believe the tree fell down over your power to the house. I'm so glad to hear it was a relative easy fix and that you now have your power back and it didn't cost you anything :woohoo: I'm so glad all the power in Tromsø goes through the ground so we don't loose power that often.

How great that V was able to make you all dinner at her work.

On Sunday night I decided I wanted to do another attempt on finding a choir in Tromsø I can start to sing in. I tried to find a choir in Tromsø I could start in some years ago, but back then I didn't find any choir I wanted to join. On Sunday I managed to find some choirs that I didn't find the last time I search for choirs. One of the choirs had a blog which I visited and then I found out that they have one member in the choir in a wheelchair. That made me think that they will accept me using a wheelchair more easy than a choir that haven't had wheelchair users before. I also thought that since they have a wheelchair user in the choir they must have their rehearsal room somewhere a wheelchair can access and they must have their concerts somewhere a wheelchair can easily access. I also found out that they were looking for new members one year ago. So maybe they still are looking for people. I contacted the conductor and asked if it was possible to start in the choir. I didn't mention my wheelchair because I know people often get uncertain when I mention my wheelchair without them meeting me first. I got a positive e-mail back saying I was welcome to join the choir. I will go on my first choir practice when I come back from Spain.
I guess this means I should start to play the piano again. I haven't played the piano since my piano teacher died (she was a very old lady) 10 years ago even when I have a piano in my living room.

Yes - we were very lucky with that tree - it could have been so much worse.

LOL - yep - that worked out great. :) And it was delicious!

This is so exciting!!! I did not know you sang in a choir - I sure hope this works out well for you! And I didn't know you played piano... A lady of many talents! :lovestruc This is great - keep me updated, and I sure hope everything goes well for this - what a joyful thing to be able to do!

It is a long time to be away from her stuff. Has she ever been away from home for any length of time before? I remember when I went away to college I really missed my room at home, especially my bed. It is hard to be somewhere new. But it appears as if she is trying her hardest to enjoy the trip anyway. :)

Has Victoria said anything about planning her trip differently than Allison's trip?

I glad that you didn't have to pay anything. That was lucky. We had a sewer blockage that turned out to be a break in the pipe in the street. The village paid for everything, which was lucky, since a break or blockage in our yard would have been thousands of dollars to repair.

Will you be able to handle the tree cleanup without calling in a contractor?

Victoria's pizza looks delicious. It is nice and cheesy, the way a pizza should be. :)

It is... No, not this long. A few weeks, but usually with us when we go to the lake in the summer... Or our long Disney trips - but really those are only 10 days. It sounded so short when we were booking it... but boy - it's been tough for her, especially the last few weeks.

Well, she definitely wants to learn some Dutch before she goes... We will have a large discussion - probably on Skype - with all of us, Allison included and B & M - to see if we want to do anything differently with V's trip... Whether we want to do it shorter? Or purchase an open ended ticket? Or if we just want to organize it differently - Allison had almost 4 weeks of down time between the South of France and going to Paris... So maybe if it was a little more evenly spread out? We'll see... We will try to figure out a way to make it all work out. And it's not as if Allison can never go back... She is always welcome to do a "do-over", it will just be at her expense...

Yes - we were incredibly lucky. Oh yes, we will do all of the clean up ourselves... Probably this weekend. Although - I am not sure when we will find the time, as we have dinner with Josh's mom and grandmother on Friday night... Then my BFF from high school is coming on Saturday morning to spend the weekend here with her kids... So, it's a busy weekend. Hopefully we can get out there for a little while early on Saturday morning and make it look a little better. :scratchin

Yes - she came out from the back... She said "I added extra cheese and less sauce" - just the way she likes it. LOL It was very good. ::yes::

I think the way I typed it was wonky. I thought you were thinking he would get in the way or flop over because he was higher than the top of the bag. He completely needs to be above with the expressions ;)
Jane

Yes - I think that's what most people thought I was referring to... I totally understand. LOL We'll see how he works out - maybe he will flop over the bag and he'll drive me nuts? LOL It's not as if I don't have other bags I can use. :scratchin It will work out in the end. I have to keep reminding myself though - I need to make some magic band covers to coordinate with my bags, before I forget... I definitely need a Halloween one and one for this C&D bag... I can't forget to do this. ::yes::

I'm so glad the limbs didn't do more damage to your power lines or fall on the house, especially after all the work you just put into it! That pizza looks yum, so kind of a bonus compensation for having dinner interrupted, I guess, Lol!

Yay for HP marathon week!! My family loves those books and movies. My husband and I have read the whole series multiple times. I am trying to encourage my daughter to start on reading it. She does not really like to read, so we are trying to find something that already interests her that might encourage her to stick with it. She does love the movies, though. Have a great day!

YEs - we were very lucky... I would have been so upset. Thankfully the tree that fell was way in our back yard, so no danger to the hosue, we were lucky it wasn't one of the trees nearer to the house. ::yes::

It was a delicious pizza... I think she is holding out on some of her talents... Her spaghetti she was making that night - which we had to put away due to no power - we had that last night, and it was really good too... I think V needs to make dinner more often. :scratchin

Yes - we continue to watch them... I think we did #4 last night? I can't remember... I watch them, but I surf my tablet at the same time. V has started reading the HP books again - which is good too... I read them once, many years ago - and they are excellent books, just hard to read, because there are so many words in there that aren't really words and they are hard to figure out how to pronounce them in your head - so I always stop at a new word and dwell on it for a while... Drives me nuts. LOL

Thanks - I hope you had a great day too!

Thanks for the vionics info!

Well you sure did have an interesting day. Glad everyone safe at least and no cost to you.

Maybe I missed it but what's your Tuesday meeting?! Only if you care to share! I have my WW meeting every Tuesday night.

Have a lovely evening!

No problem... If you decide to try them out, make sure you break them in slowly... They do definitely take a good amount of time to get used to... I think the company's website recommends no more than an hour per day at first...

LOL - yes, we did. We were very lucky! ::yes::

It's just a class I am taking on the side... I always refer to it as my meeting - It would probably be more accurate to be referred to as a class. It was only supposed to be a quarter long thing, but I've enjoyed it so much that I am coming up to a year at it. :thumbsup2 Maybe one day I will tell you guys all about it. :lovestruc

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

************************************************************************************************

Phew - on to yesterday's replies... I hate falling behind here. :lovestruc

D~

Have you heard from Allison? I just read that there was an earthquake in central Italy. Praying for you and her both right now.

Glad to hear she is ok! I know you are anxious to get her home!

WHEW....I just read about that earthquake and had to check in on your girl here as well. What a CRAZY time she has had out there and I cannot imagine what you've had to go through worrying about all of these things! So glad she's safe and hopefully she'll be home soon...where you just have to worry about her in her own country!

Glad to hear Allison is alright! I'm sure an earthquake isn't something she encounters too much around home.

SO glad she's ok! I thought of her this morning when I heard about the earthquake. Hugs!

I'm glad Allison's okay. I had no idea there was and earthquake until I got up this morning. It had to been a scary experience for both of you even though you didn't know about it at the time.
Have a good day
Liz

So glad to see that Allison is ok. I did not realize there was an earthquake until a few minutes ago. Thoughts for you both!!! :grouphug:

Hugs to you and your family, so glad Allison is safe and unharmed!

so glad that Allison is safe!!

I heard about the earthquake in Italy last night when I was on my way to bed. It happend very late local time. Norway and Italy is in the same time zone.
My first thought was Allison and that she was safe. They said on the radio that the earthquake happend outside Rome, but you could feel it in Rome. So I crossed my fingers that she was still in Rome and not in some village outside of Rome nearer the earthquake.

Today I was at the garage where my new car is being customized. I was there for 2 1\2 hours. As I suspected the gas and break pedals wasn't perfect. So they tried to fix that. Then we discovered that my feet is not in the ground when I adjust the seat as it should be when driving. So they have to make the floor higher where the pedals are so I can sit comfortable and drive. I asked the garage how much more time they need to get my car ready. They didn't know because maybe they have to order parts to get the floor higher. But they think they will need 2 more weeks. So now I'm crossing my fingers that I will get my car in mid-September. I really need the car before winter comes so I can get used to it before our roads get more narrow because of the snow and slippery because of ice.

I sure hope they are able to get your car all fixed up and SOON! Do they realize how imperative it is that you learn how to drive it before winter comes? Sending more Pixie Dust your way Lillian! :lovestruc

That earthquake in Italy was terrible. I'm glad Allison was okay. First France had the shootings and now Italy has an earthquake. Poor Mom!

I bet you'll be happy to have her safe in your home again.

I am so relieved for all of you that Allison is Ok. :hug:

Thank you everyone... Thankfully, the first I heard of the earthquake was from Allison... She learned a valuable lesson while in France (thankfully) and she talked a little on Facebook about it yesterday... "Of course! :) I learned my lesson when I was in the South of France and a bomb threat happened in Paris... If something happens at least 6 hours away from me, she needs to know." There have been several times, since France, where I've received a random SnapChat from her - with a photo of the TV flashing the latest attack - her way of letting me know she saw it and she was OK, so I don't freak out. I never, ever want a repeat of France again - it was terrifying. She knows I worry - perhaps too much, so it's very thoughtful of her to always think of me when something happens. :lovestruc

I didn't realize until yesterday though, that her "criteria" for notifying me is 6 hours - LOL... There have been times where something has happened COUNTRIES away from where she is, and she'll snap chat the TV to me... Sometimes I think she is doing it to be sassy. LOL

Again - I just really appreciate your care and concern for my girl and our family... Who knew that sending my daughter to Europe for the summer would be such a big thing?

Yesterday - I worked at Target all day... I came home and worked at home for a while... We had an excellent dinner of left-over spaghetti (thanks to V) and then we watched HP #4. ::yes::

Allison spent the day yesterday at the Mediterranean Sea... I didn't get to talk to her - but it looks like she absolutely enjoyed it very much! It looks beautiful!

FB_IMG_1472067398818.jpg

Today and tomorrow will be a bit crazy here... I have a house to clean (it really isn't that bad)... but I should do some deep cleaning stuff, a little anyways. Josh's mom is here from MT, her and Josh's Grandmother are coming for dinner tomorrow night... We are looking forward to seeing both of them, as we haven't seen them since BMTL were here in Feb.

Then on Saturday morning, my BFF from high school is coming to spend the weekend with her kids... So, I need to make sure we have rooms for them to sleep in. It should be a fun weekend - but I also need to squeeze in time to finish up this week's custom order, plus I have to take V to town this afternoon, and tomorrow I have to grocery shop in the morning for the weekend - as that is the only time I have available to do it. So, it should be crazy - but fun. ::yes::

We are counting down the days until Allison is home... In ways - this trip has gone so much better than I feared... And in other ways - there have been some scary things that just never crossed my mind... It is terrifying to me that I will have to do it all over again next summer with V. At least I will have Allison here with me, to keep me rational - since she has been there and really knows what it's like.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and a wonderful weekend... I anticipate falling behind on replies - so please forgive me in advance. :lovestruc

Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :hug:

D~

Wow! Allison certainly has had an eventful trip, in both good ways and bad. Don't worry. My mom acts the same way you do and let me just say I'm a lot older than Allison! lol It's just something that moms do. During all the rioting here, I actually told her to stop watching TV & listening to the radio.

Well I think of something that was originally intended to last one quarter and has now lasted a year, is a wonderful thing! I hope maybe one day you feel comfortable enough to share what the class is with all of us but in the meantime you keep enjoying it! :lovestruc

So glad to hear A is safe and sound and even if sassy, it's sweet that she lets you know her safety status in her own little way. I know you can't wait to have her home so as you count down the days for her return, I wish her safe travels home.

Sounds like you have a very busy and fun weekend ahead!

Happy Thursday!

YES! you will have allison with you! never thought of it that way! good things...

Yes - next year will be way harder and way easier... Now that I know just how much I will miss them - letting them go will be so hard.

Wow! Allison certainly has had an eventful trip, in both good ways and bad. Don't worry. My mom acts the same way you do and let me just say I'm a lot older than Allison! lol It's just something that moms do. During all the rioting here, I actually told her to stop watching TV & listening to the radio.

Oh yes - she is having quite the adventure. Some weeks are very quiet for her and others, not so much. LOL

I am glad to hear that I am just like other moms... Yes - I would have to stop watching too, there is no way I could handle it. Sending hugs out to you mom - she must have been so terrified for you. :lovestruc

Well I think of something that was originally intended to last one quarter and has now lasted a year, is a wonderful thing! I hope maybe one day you feel comfortable enough to share what the class is with all of us but in the meantime you keep enjoying it! :lovestruc

So glad to hear A is safe and sound and even if sassy, it's sweet that she lets you know her safety status in her own little way. I know you can't wait to have her home so as you count down the days for her return, I wish her safe travels home.

Sounds like you have a very busy and fun weekend ahead!

Happy Thursday!

Yes - either that, or I don't learn well... LOL Kidding... No, I've just enjoyed doing this very much - it's a good thing. Maybe one day I will share it here? :lovestruc

Yes - me too... Just as sassy as ever. :lovestruc I can hardly contain myself - I cannot wait to have her home... It may be difficult for a while, as she readjusts, but it will be such a relief to have her near us again. :lovestruc

Definitely... It will be good though. ::yes::

****************************************************************************************

Thanks to not very many responses yesterday, I was able to do replies this morning. :woohoo: LOL

I had a decent day yesterday... Uhhhh - except for the Oreos... :( Target had them at 40% off on cartwheel... So, I purchased some for this weekend... I tried the cinnamon roll ones, and I couldn't keep my fingers out of them... 6 cookies later... Sigh. I may just have to throw them in the trash?

I did my heavy lifting, it was a good lift. :lovestruc

Then I worked all morning - I was able to make a dent in this week's bag, which is good - as I won't be able to touch it now until Tuesday... Well, maybe for a little bit this morning? And a little bit on Sunday? But for the most part, Tuesday. I wanted to get as much done as I could.

V and I took a break around lunch time, we went to get her check, went to the bank, had Chipotle for lunch, then ran to Trader Joes - as I discovered yesterday morning, while making my breakfast - I was out of Trader Joe's coconut oil spray... I just cannot live without that stuff - and yes it is worth a trip 30 miles out of my way. ::yes::

I came home and worked a little more and then we hung out all night - watching another Harry Potter movie.

Today is my crazy day - I still need to figure out when I am going to get some produce - which requires a trip to Aldi... I might just run there after I drop V off at work... It will mean a lot of excess miles - but I just don't have the time any other time. I also need to vacuum and do a bit more cleaning... I did some yesterday - so it isn't too bad today. ::yes::

I also hope to squeeze in a run at some point - I might do that this morning, as I am not sure I will have time any other time, and I haven't gone since Sunday... :scratchin

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! And a wonderful weekend! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! I'll check in as I can. :lovestruc

D~

I absolutely love the Cinnamon Bun Oreos -- I think they're my favorite special flavor so far, except for pumpkin spice which is my all-time favorite. Fortunately for me my husband and daughter can finish off a package in one day, so usually by the time I get home from work they're all gone. LOL

I love Chipotle....you've given me a great idea....I think I'll have that for lunch today (I'm working from home). We got an Instant Pot recently and tried a new recipe in it last night -- chicken burrito/burrito bowl filling. It was really good -- chicken, black beans, lots of great spices (but not to spicy), green chiles, and rice with lime juice....then once it's all cooked, shred the chicken and serve as burrito filling or as a burrito bowl. So I had that for dinner and it was quite good -- reminded me of Chipotle, actually.

It sounds like you have a busy but fun weekend coming up. :-) Enjoy it!

I've got a quiet house today...school starts on Monday so my husband has been back to work for the last week and a half, Brie is working full-time this summer (pool manager), and both of them are working late tonight. I have my first physical therapy appointment this afternoon after I finish work (insurance company won't pay for an MRI unless I try physical therapy first -- still trying to get to the root of my continuing muscle weakness and pain), and then a free evening. Since it's going to be quite hot and humid today, I think I'll head to the pool for a bit after physical therapy and enjoy that a bit...the pool will close the day after Labor Day so there aren't many more days for me to enjoy it.

I meant to tell you...in all of the cleaning and decluttering we did while Alyssa was home from school I did some major cleaning out of my craft area in the basement and was actually able to finally get to my sewing machine and did some alterations on a dress Alyssa has needed altered for quite some time. Although sewing isn't my favorite hobby, when I am able to take my time and not be rushed I do enjoy it. I can do the basics and have made curtains, pillows, Halloween costumes, and some basic items for my girls, and it's great to be able to do basic alterations for them....and it made me think of you and your beautiful sewing room and how talented you are! :-)

I hope you're able to get outside for a run. Enjoy your weekend!

Glad Allison is safe and really enjoying her adventure. She certainly is getting to see many new things. I bet you are counting down the days till she is home. :cheer2:

How exciting that Josh's mom, grandmother and your bff from school is coming for a visit. Have a wonderful time!

Things are finally quiet around here. My daughter is off on her new adventure. I got a text yesterday that her roomie arrived. Then about an hour later I get a not so nice text that the room look like it exploded. I felt bad because I laughed at her text. I had to calm my daughter down. Having a messy room for her is not an option. By last night things were nicely organized and back to normal by her standards. Today they were going to go out shopping together to get a few things they think they need. Personally I don't think they "need" anything, but a tractor trailer to haul all their things home when the school year is over.

I absolutely love the Cinnamon Bun Oreos -- I think they're my favorite special flavor so far, except for pumpkin spice which is my all-time favorite. Fortunately for me my husband and daughter can finish off a package in one day, so usually by the time I get home from work they're all gone. LOL

I love Chipotle....you've given me a great idea....I think I'll have that for lunch today (I'm working from home). We got an Instant Pot recently and tried a new recipe in it last night -- chicken burrito/burrito bowl filling. It was really good -- chicken, black beans, lots of great spices (but not to spicy), green chiles, and rice with lime juice....then once it's all cooked, shred the chicken and serve as burrito filling or as a burrito bowl. So I had that for dinner and it was quite good -- reminded me of Chipotle, actually.

It sounds like you have a busy but fun weekend coming up. :-) Enjoy it!

I've got a quiet house today...school starts on Monday so my husband has been back to work for the last week and a half, Brie is working full-time this summer (pool manager), and both of them are working late tonight. I have my first physical therapy appointment this afternoon after I finish work (insurance company won't pay for an MRI unless I try physical therapy first -- still trying to get to the root of my continuing muscle weakness and pain), and then a free evening. Since it's going to be quite hot and humid today, I think I'll head to the pool for a bit after physical therapy and enjoy that a bit...the pool will close the day after Labor Day so there aren't many more days for me to enjoy it.

I meant to tell you...in all of the cleaning and decluttering we did while Alyssa was home from school I did some major cleaning out of my craft area in the basement and was actually able to finally get to my sewing machine and did some alterations on a dress Alyssa has needed altered for quite some time. Although sewing isn't my favorite hobby, when I am able to take my time and not be rushed I do enjoy it. I can do the basics and have made curtains, pillows, Halloween costumes, and some basic items for my girls, and it's great to be able to do basic alterations for them....and it made me think of you and your beautiful sewing room and how talented you are! :-)

I hope you're able to get outside for a run. Enjoy your weekend!

Yes, I didn't dig into them at all yesterday - but I think I need to bag them up and put them in the freezer or something - just to get them out of that cupboard, it's too easy for me to reach in and grab one or two as I am walking by. I guess I could always put them in the trash too - that works. LOL

That sounds really good - I've heard lots of great things about the instapot - but I am determined not to have one more appliance in my house... Yup - had Chipotle for lunch yesterday... When I was checking out - the girl told me I'd reached "hot" status... Uh-oh... That means that I eat there waaaaay too much! LOL

Thank you - looking forward to seeing my bff... We always have such a good time together. :)

I hope that your physical therapy appointment went well and you are able to get your MRI soon - hopefully they can find the cause to this. Sometimes insurance companies baffle me... :hug: I hope you made it to the pool and were able to enjoy it a little bit. :lovestruc

Yay for making space in your space! That is wonderful!!! Hopefully you'll be able to spend more time in there now and create beautiful things! :lovestruc

I did - it was very nice! :) I hope you enjoy your weekend! :lovestruc

Glad Allison is safe and really enjoying her adventure. She certainly is getting to see many new things. I bet you are counting down the days till she is home

How exciting that Josh's mom, grandmother and your bff from school is coming for a visit. Have a wonderful time!

Things are finally quiet around here. My daughter is off on her new adventure. I got a text yesterday that her roomie arrived. Then about an hour later I get a not so nice text that the room look like it exploded. I felt bad because I laughed at her text. I had to calm my daughter down. Having a messy room for her is not an option. By last night things were nicely organized and back to normal by her standards. Today they were going to go out shopping together to get a few things they think they need. Personally I don't think they "need" anything, but a tractor trailer to haul all their things home when the school year is over.

Me too - it's such a relief. The is doing good - missing home - but enjoying her time there too. :lovestruc

Thank you - we really enjoyed dinner out with Josh's mom yesterday and Grandmother. I am very excited for BFF to get here today. :lovestruc

LOL - I shouldn't laugh either, but it is a little funny... Loved your tractor trailer comment - it made me chuckle this morning... :lmao: Hopefully they get settled in easily and they are good room mates - I know - at that age, it can be difficult to try to learn to live with someone new- so hopefully it goes well. :thumbsup2

I hope you have a nice weekend!

********************************************************************************************

Yesterday was such a crazy day for me... As I predicted, but it went well.

I decided - rather than work out yesterday morning, I would go for a run - since I hadn't been out all week and I wasn't sure if I could get a run in this weekend at all. It was a beautiful morning for it, although - as usual - I dressed too hot, and I was quite warm when I got back... I am always so cold when I leave, that I cannot imagine warming up while out there - but I always do. LOL

IMG_20160826_091725.jpg

I came home and got ready to run out the door for the day... I also took some time to hem a skirt I'd purchased a few weeks ago... I loved it and I felt it was flattering on me, but it was about 2 inches too long - to the point that it looked awkward... It was fun to dress up a little while running errands - as I rarely do that.

20160826_112355.jpg

I had Chipotle for lunch yesterday... I was slightly embarrassed, as I was checking out the girl proudly announced that I'd reached "hot" status... While this is good - it's not so good - as it mean's I've eaten there 12 times this month. :eek: As a bonus - at least 3 of those times were free - because for every 3 you purchase, the 4th one is free. ::yes:: But yikes... Really not something I should brag about. LOL

Then I bummed around Target for a while... As I was checking out - I ran into a friend of mine and a photography client of Allison's - I got to chatting with her, and before I realized it - I was running super late.

So, I rushed home to put away groceries, ran to V's work to pick her up, ran to V's appointment, ran home to meet Josh's mom... We literally pulled into the driveway and she pulled up right behind us. LOL

We had a great evening with her & Josh's grandmother... We went out for dinner and chatted for several hours. It was really nice. (Forgive our not mowed lawn, every time Josh plans to mow it, it rains - and then it's too wet to mow for days... Oh and the weeds... Grrr... It's all never ending)...

8be21893-74a5-47a7-9f1c-08be18a8ac7c.jpg

20160826_175421.jpg

I was exhausted by the time they left, so I went straight to bed. A short time later, V called me into her room... She was very upset. Lottie (her hedgehog) died sometime yesterday. :( We had to have an impromptu burial last night... V was quite upset - as expected. I knew she was getting old - she wasn't running as much as usual. Their life expectancy is 2-3 human years, and Lottie was 2.5 - so I was sort-of expecting it soon, but not quite this quickly.

Today - Well, I need to get a move on... V and I need to take care of Lottie's things - which will be a difficult task for V.

Then I need to get ready and run out the door... I need to hit Aldi and get some fresh produce, I wasn't able to find the time to do that yesterday.

I am not sure what time BFF will be here - but I suspect sometime around lunch time? :scratchin

Josh is planning to do one of his bacon wrapped meat loaves on the smoker today - I am really looking forward to that, as we haven't had one in a very long time. ::yes::

And then we will hang out and visit... It should be a nice relaxing day - once we get everything settled down.

I've decided I am going to try for another Whole30... Or at least be a little more diligent... I've been pretty strict with myself since the end of June - And even though I am seeing a bit of change, it's still not enough, so I think I need to fine tune a bit more. I think I am going to go Whole30-esque for the next several weeks... I really want to make some sort of visual progress before we leave on our trip, and I am not happy with how I am now... Time to kick it into high gear, I guess. ::yes:: So, while I am out grabbing produce for this weekend - I will also grab a few of my favorite Whole30 staples.

Oh - a few pictures from Allison yesterday... They took her to see a "filled in" volcano... She loved it! I do think she is very much enjoying Italy. :lovestruc And the people she is staying with. I miss her terribly! Her countdown for coming home is under 20 days & I cannot wait to have both of my girls under one roof again. :lovestruc

Screenshot_2016-08-26-14-54-24.png

Screenshot_2016-08-26-14-54-38.png

That's about all for today... I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend! Sending out Pixie Dust to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Hope you have a great visit with you BFF.

I'm home from an amazing time in Hawaii. Aulani was so pretty. Pool staff wasn't as Disney like as the pool staff at vero or Hilton head. But still had a great time. We took some fun family pictures at the beach.
https://goo.gl/photos/6aigqrs3PdnaHYaCA
Then went to the big island to see the volcano.

We came home yesterday. The time change is kicking my butt. Yesterday was such a weird day. We all took a nap, and when we woke up, it felt like morning. Instead of middle of afternoon.

Girls have middle school orientation this week. We get to decorate their locker and walk their schedule.

Hot Status! :worship:

What a busy and productive day for you! Your outfit is adorable, love it. I always love anything family related so happy to see your dinner and visit went well.

Sorry to hear about Lottie, I hope V's doing a little better today.

Under 20 days for A! :love:

Enjoy your visit this weekend!

My weekend is working on senior picture plans and its 180 days out for our Feb trip so ADR reservations it is this morning.:goofy:

Happy Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter