• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

What an awesome Disney day you had! Woohoo! So excited that your airfare dropped again. That's awesome! It sounds like you had a very productive day. I'm glad you're not really sore from running the other day (happy you were able to run again) and that you were able to add weight.

And I really am excited to find out what the theme is for V's bag! I'll be using my Vera Bradley Disney hipster bag for this trip (can't remember the name of the design I have...it's a navy blue background, with white, lime green, and lighter blue flowers and Mickeys...) and my daughter will be using her solid hot pink Vera Bradley hipster bag that is quilted with Mickey heads. It's really cute but a bit too big to carry around as an every day bag but it works well for her for the parks. One of these days I'm going to budget for one of your amazing bags! I already have thoughts about what I would want it to be.... :-)

I got my sister's magic band decorated yesterday so those are done. I think I'll start packing this week. I usually hold off on that until the day before the trip but my daughter asked me to go through her dresser and let her know which Disney t-shirts she still has at home so if I'm going to do that I might as well pull them out and start packing. I also need to make a grocery list because my sister is going to make a grocery stop right before she arrives at the resort to meet us. I'm trying to decide if I want to just take my iPhone this time or also take our good camera. I usually just use my phone for pictures but I am always hoping to get some better shots with the good camera...I just don't always remember to take it. LOL

One week from today, right now at this time, my plane will be landing in Orlando. Can't wait!

I will absolutely let you know what I decide regarding onsite vs offsite.

Wow!! What great Disney news!! And holy gift cards!

I hope you get V's ticket in order so you can schedule the FP. I'm also a 'all my ducks in a row' person so I get it.

Happy 20 year meeting anniversary!! So sweet!

Yay for SW refund! I love that airline so much!

Happy Wednesday!

Yes - that would just be a hard decision... There really is so much to consider - and I think a lot of people don't realize that.

I know - it was a HUGE Disney day for us - sooo fun to have all of that in hand. :woohoo:

Well, they called yesterday to confirm all of my info - I am not sure how long it takes to get the ticket now? I guess I am going to find out. LOL But it looks like I should have all the info in the next few days? :scratchin I feel like this is such a backwards way to do it - but I understand that they have to verify that we qualify for Salute tickets. ::yes::

Thanks! We always remember because we met on BFF's birthday... ::yes:: I am not sure we would remember otherwise? :scratchin

I am loving it more and more as we go... I love refunds! LOL

THanks - same to you! :lovestruc

Great that you got another refund on your flight.

Your WDW planning is making me want to plan another trip. I have no clue when that is going to happen. Our next trip is Aulani which between that and Disneyland, used up our dvc points. I have nothing planned for aulani, but really need to get on that soon.

I also only have a week to finish putting Sydney room back together, just waiting for her new bed to be delivered. I painted the top of her desk in chalkboard paint, just need to cover it with chalk and wash off, but paint needs to cure first.

I know! I am super excited about this! It's like a game almost. LOL

I just love this time in trip planning... A person does all of these plans, but until you can actually pay for it - there's no going. LOL So, I love it when this stuff falls into place and we have things like airfare & tickets in hand... It definitely makes it real! :woohoo:

Ooooh... Aulani... That is going to be magnificent!!!! I cannot wait to see your plans for that!~ :woohoo:

That sounds really cute! I hope you'll share completed pictures! ::yes::

No kidding! I didn't know this!! Great idea. trampolines scare me, this is the best solution!

First time i heard of this! pretty smart!

Congrats on being UNDER BUDGET! and HOORAY for more savings on air! this is all very very great news!
Yes this trip is coming FAST!!!

Yes - I love this idea too - a lot of people around here do it, and if we would have ever purchased one, I am certain we would have done that too... It's not safety proof, but it looks so much nicer & then you don't have this huge trampoline in your back yard. ::yes::

I know - I am loving this SW thing! I"ve flown SW a few times, but I've never checked back for better savings - in my defense - I didn't pay much for those flights anyways, so I probably wouldn't have gotten them much cheaper... but this is pretty cool! :woohoo: And we get to layover at Midway... So, we will be in your neighborhood - but only for an hour... I am hoping I can show V where you live. :lovestruc We should fly right over you...

Sounds like a great Disney update! So cool to see how you budget everything! I still have some of those last minute things to save for and do too! WOW to your SW savings! I thought about flying with them this year, but Sken is hard to convince because he loves JetBlue so much. We also had JetBlue credits to use on one of our flights so that helped too.

Yes - I love it when I can actually DO Disney updates... LOL

It's fun to get a little savings too - these trips cost so much, so every little bit helps. The hard part is, every time we save $$ on something, the first thing I think is "Hmmm... Are there any other dining options we want to try?" LOL And then, I have to talk myself down to reality, because I think we have like 10 already... That is plenty. LOL

I have never flown Jet Blue - and your review is the only review I've ever heard about them... I am certain that you've told me, in the past, that they were a great airline... but when I go to book - I always forget that, then avoid them... I am going to try to commit this to memory this time. LOL I think if our SW flights drop anymore, I may just take the credits??? :scratchin It would give me an excuse for a trip next year - which at this point, I have nothing planned. LOL And I'd hate to waste an airfare credit. ::yes:: LOL

What an awesome Disney day you had! Woohoo! So excited that your airfare dropped again. That's awesome! It sounds like you had a very productive day. I'm glad you're not really sore from running the other day (happy you were able to run again) and that you were able to add weight.

And I really am excited to find out what the theme is for V's bag! I'll be using my Vera Bradley Disney hipster bag for this trip (can't remember the name of the design I have...it's a navy blue background, with white, lime green, and lighter blue flowers and Mickeys...) and my daughter will be using her solid hot pink Vera Bradley hipster bag that is quilted with Mickey heads. It's really cute but a bit too big to carry around as an every day bag but it works well for her for the parks. One of these days I'm going to budget for one of your amazing bags! I already have thoughts about what I would want it to be.... :-)

I got my sister's magic band decorated yesterday so those are done. I think I'll start packing this week. I usually hold off on that until the day before the trip but my daughter asked me to go through her dresser and let her know which Disney t-shirts she still has at home so if I'm going to do that I might as well pull them out and start packing. I also need to make a grocery list because my sister is going to make a grocery stop right before she arrives at the resort to meet us. I'm trying to decide if I want to just take my iPhone this time or also take our good camera. I usually just use my phone for pictures but I am always hoping to get some better shots with the good camera...I just don't always remember to take it. LOL

One week from today, right now at this time, my plane will be landing in Orlando. Can't wait!

I know - when I saw that our EARLY outbound flight was down to $172, I was running to the computer to switch our ressies. LOL And then I had to remember how to do it... It was a little more difficult to figure it out the second time, as my memory is terrible. LOL

I do really want to get out and do a run this morning - but we are experiencing some pretty hot and humid weather right now, and I am just not sure i am in the mood to deal with it? We'll see... :scratchin Otherwise- I will lift today.

I do believe that you probably have the same pattern that V has? :scratchin It's such a cute pattern! I am looking forward to going to Disney this time - V and I will be perfectly coordinated in all of our Disney VB travel items... It will be so adorable! :woohoo:

I plan to work a little more on V's bag today... I know she is very excited for this theme, it's a theme she's been asking for, for quite some time... Although - each time she asks, the bag she wants is different - but the same theme. :scratchin So, hopefully I will only have to make this bag for her once. ::yes:: LOL

Yay for Magic Bands!!! :woohoo: That is the BEST part!!!! ::yes:: You are getting soooo close!!! :woohoo: I used to take my camera plus my phone... And I used to take all of my pictures on my camera... But then I got tired of taking 2 devices. So, starting with my trip with Suzi last year - I only used my phone and it worked out just fine. I have the mobile app to upload to Photobucket - so it's super simple to do all of my uploads directly from my phone... Then I don't have to worry about having photos in so many areas. Speaking of which - I do need to clean off my phone before V's trip... I still have the November and January trip on there - plus ever photo since. :scratchin

I had a little fiasco with magic bands and GCs yesterday... It's all sorted now, but it was a bit stressful for a few minutes there...

I am so excited that your trip is so close!!! :woohoo: I hope you'll come back after and tell me a little bit about it. :lovestruc

******************************************************************************************************

I love how the closer our trip gets - the more consumed our days become with all things Disney related. :lovestruc These last few weeks are so full of anticipation!

Yesterday was a Target day - and it went OK... At this point in time, I am really just holding out for the $50 GC. ::yes:: I've been saying for 10 years now, that it's time to move on... LOL One of these days, I may actually follow through with that. ::yes::

I came home, dropped V off at a friend's.

Then I laid down to try to take a little nap... But BFF called (I didn't answer)... Then 2 minutes later SoG called - which I did answer. :woohoo: It took me all of 2 minutes to authorize the ordering of V's ticket. :woohoo:

So, now we have Airfare, MNSSHP tickets, park tickets for both of us, and food GCs. ::yes:: We are well on our way. Soooo exciting!

And then it was useless for me to try to go back to sleep... So, I decided to get up and do some more putzing with our Disney trip.

Two long stories ahead... Sorry...

I wanted to verify that the 3 Disney GCs I still had in my Disney wallet were the GCs that I had just transferred all of my $$ on to the day before... If not - I was just going to transfer the $$ on to cards I have. So, as it turns out - I was missing my Primary card... And as it turns out - you cannot transfer $ from your primary card ever, you can put $$ on it, but never take it off - unless you are spending it. Slick move D~! I should have checked these cards before I put all of my $$ on them. So, I had to call Disney GC yesterday - as it turns out - you cannot transfer $$ off of a card and deactivate it unless you have the FULL card # - since on the GC website it only shows the last 4 #s... Sigh. What was I going to do? I was terrified that I'd just lost $400! How terrible would that be? Well, thankfully - I keep most of my trip receipts... And I knew I had this card with me on the trip. So, I started going through my receipts and pulled out the 3 different numbers I had on them (the receipts show all BUT the last 4 numbers)... I compared the receipts to the cards I had, and I was able to figure out which number should be the one I was missing... Praying I was right - or I have no idea what I'd do? As Disney has to verify some how that this is definitely your card - which I understand. So, I read off all the #s to the CM, and she verified that this was the correct number she was looking for - PHEW!!!! I also had to give her some other info off of the receipt, to verify that this was definitely my card... She was able to deactivate this card and put all of those funds on to an existing card (I only have a bazillion of them, which is my problem... I always keep the empty ones, and I have them rubber-banded in my desk drawer... I tried to go through them, but it was useless)... Anyways, crisis averted. Lesson to you, my friends... Take a picture of the back of your GCs - just in case you lose them. ::yes:: It will help you greatly later.

OK - so that was done. It only took an hour.

Time to tackle the next Disney project. I'd linked V's new purple MB that Chiara had so kindly purchased for me on her last trip... So that is all good to go. But then I tried to activate my new Steam Boat Willie MB, which Cindy purchased for me at the outlet, but every time I tried to add the #, it told me that it was an inactive number. :scratchin So, I again called Disney... This time I had about a 15 minute wait to listen to some great Disney music - I love that! :woohoo: As it turns out - when this particular MB was sold, they have to take it out of their system - and this MB wasn't taken out of their system - according to them, it was still in their inventory somewhere. Since this part of their system was down yesterday - the CM assured me that when the system went back up - this MB would magically appear in MDE for me... We'll see - it's not showing up there yet. Since I had him on the phone, I had him check the other MB that Cindy purchased at the same time - the second MB is just fine - so it's just this one that wasn't done properly. ::yes:: I'll call them back in a few days if it doesn't show up.

So, that's all done - or as done as it can be. ::yes::

Josh and I went out for dinner last night... To a little local walk-up burger place... It's only open in the summer and we go there a lot for ice cream - but we don't eat there often, not because we don't like it - but because we just don't think of it. I forgot how good their burgers are. :lovestruc I did count my meal in MFP - so I am good there. ::yes::

It was while we were there talking, that Josh finally found out about my AP. :eek: I made the mistake of telling him that I'd ordered V's ticket - and he asked why I didn't order mine at the same time... OOps... Oh well - it wasn't something I didn't' want to tell him, I just didn't want to tell him until I could prove that I was really going on 3 trips, which made the AP a valuable choice. He was totally fine with it and we are good there. #wipesbrow

Today... Well, it's quite hot and muggy here... It's technically a lifting day - and I'll probably lift... but it's supposed to get hotter as the weekend goes on, so I am thinking I may try for a run this morning - as opposed to tomorrow morning - and then lift tomorrow instead? :scratchin We'll see. Allison and I are planning to Skype here shortly - and we haven't had a good long Skype call in a while... I am hoping for a good one today. :lovestruc

Then I will be working on my custom order and then V's bag all day today. I have no other plans.

I hope you all have a marvelous day! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you!

D~

I wanted to verify that the 3 Disney GCs I still had in my Disney wallet were the GCs that I had just transferred all of my $$ on to the day before... If not - I was just going to transfer the $$ on to cards I have. So, as it turns out - I was missing my Primary card... And as it turns out - you cannot transfer $ from your primary card ever, you can put $$ on it, but never take it off - unless you are spending it.

If you are using the Disney Gift card site to consolidate your gift cards then I think all you have to do is to make a different card the primary card, then you can transfer the balance to it. The words "make primary" appear under the gift cards you have listed in your account, all except the primary card.

It was while we were there talking, that Josh finally found out about my AP. :eek: I made the mistake of telling him that I'd ordered V's ticket - and he asked why I didn't order mine at the same time... OOps... Oh well - it wasn't something I didn't' want to tell him, I just didn't want to tell him until I could prove that I was really going on 3 trips, which made the AP a valuable choice. He was totally fine with it and we are good there. #wipesbrow

I can never keep things like that secret. :)

Hi, D! I am here and all caught up on your PTR. I know it was several days ago, but I just have to say that fruit salad looks amazing. It's just the right thing for this hot weather! You have had a busy, Disney week. Your budgeting is fantastic and definitely an artform. I always liked the Dining plan because it made it easier to budget- like you said- all inclusive. When we went to Disneyland, I had to start doing it closer to the way you did because they don't really have a dining plan like at WDW. It is amazing how close you stayed to the budget on A's trip. When we lived in Virginia and drove to WDW, I had a part-time job that went entirely to paying for Christmas and our WDW vacations. I felt like this gave me more control in the decision making and budget. I think it makes for a less stressful trip when everything is pre-paid and you know what your limits are on souvenirs and such.
I am so relieved that you were able to figure out the gift card issue. It must have given you a heart-attack to think you might have lost that much in GCs! I imagine "Cathy" the comic strip going "AAACKKK"!!ack.jpg
Hopefully, you can get the magic band figured out as well. Have a great day and enjoy your run!

Love all your Disney updates :) It is SO exciting as you get within the last few weeks and have all this Disney stuff to take care of. That's the best!!!

Thanks for the info on how you do your TR notebook--I was already thinking about how I'm going to keep 11 days of Disney fun straight when I get home and want to write about our adventures!!

It was while we were there talking, that Josh finally found out about my AP. :eek: I made the mistake of telling him that I'd ordered V's ticket - and he asked why I didn't order mine at the same time... OOps... Oh well - it wasn't something I didn't' want to tell him, I just didn't want to tell him until I could prove that I was really going on 3 trips, which made the AP a valuable choice. He was totally fine with it and we are good there.
I can't believe Josh had no clue you had an annual pass. You can tell he is not a disney guy or he would have know then AP made the most sense.

Ooooh... Aulani... That is going to be magnificent!!!! I cannot wait to see your plans for that!~ :woohoo:
Right now my plans are to sit on the beach for a week. I missed getting Pearl Harbour tickets, so have to decide if we want to go one early one morning and try for walk up tickets, or try to do a tour that picks us up at Aulani. Or skip it? I'm not sure what the girls know about the history of Pearl Harbour.

Your Disney updates are getting me to psyched about our Son's senior Disney trip!!!! I get to switch out resorts this month at our seven month window!! I can't wait. I'm so glad your gift cards worked out. Have a nice run!! Don't get overheated!

I tried to post several times yesterday but the DIS and I were not getting along :crazy2:

I called the owner of the company on Tuesday and we spoke briefly, as he was going into a lunch meeting. He said he appreciated me following up and I was on his list of calls to make today and that he'd call me back later that afternoon. I didn't hear from him again on Tuesday but I wasn't too worried about it (although DH was losing faith, he has been a rock the past 5.5 months but it's starting to wear on him). When I received no call again yesterday, I was really down in the dumps. I talked to my friend and made a plan to call around 10am this morning. I was checking email on my phone last night and saw I had an email from the owner! He wants me to come in on Monday and meet some more of the team. Hopefully I will have news to report on Monday.

I've had a heck of a time focusing on work the past couple days so I've been catching up on the DIS. :rolleyes1 After reading about your January trip, you've got me thinking about switching one of our upcoming trips to SOG. We haven't stayed there in ages.

I'm am off to catch up on everything I should have been doing the last two days!

Your Disney excitement is infectious! I want to go again but not sure when that will be ...... Crisis averted on the GC's. I do cat sitting for a friend and she always pays me in Disney GC's. I had several with me on my last trip and at some point there was major GC confusion. Next trip I'll have to look into the consolidation thing. Anxious for your DD's bag reveal :-)

That GC situation would have had me losing my mind. So glad you were able to get it all figured out. Hopefully, the MB situation is as easily fixed as the CM said. Have a great day. Since this is my Friday, I won't be on again until Monday, so have a great weekend too!

BAAAAAA HA HA HA i can only image your face when you slipped with Josh!

I hoep the MB situation gets rectified SOON!

Love ya!

Loving the Dis trip updates D! It's getting so close; I can't believe this is August already. Yay - V got her Halloween tickets! I know a lot of work on her part went into buying them.

Holy moly I was laughing about your "slip up" with the AP pass; men; if you had explained it to him beforehand it probably wouldn't have gone over well; good job D!

Waiting anxiously for your reveal of V's bag! You need to post pics again when you have your trip apparel all coordinated and ready:)

I guess I will get back to work. It's much more fun to read your TR than work though.

(P.S. How has your Dad been?)

Hugs and prayers D.

Finally caught up on all that's going on. It's been just a busy week and I have my days all messed up. Plus I really needed a break from my work day. Today is one of those days.

Love all the upcoming Disney updates. I'm getting excited for you!! Thank you for sharing your budget and how you figure it all out.

I had to laugh when Josh found out about your AP.

Shame out the hutch, but something better will come along within your budget and it will better. Chalk paint can be addicting. So many colors to pick from and so little things to paint.

Have a great day!

V's picture came today, seriously that girl has talent! I'm going to frame it and give to my son Steve. He's been going through some rough stuff lately, so much so, that Charlie and I are taking him with us on our trip this month. We went yesterday and got our TSA precheck stuff taken care of. We all have our numbers now so we can apply that to our flight. Then we went and had dinner with Kate & Chris -we had a great time. Glad to see you got your MNSSHP tickets!

If you are using the Disney Gift card site to consolidate your gift cards then I think all you have to do is to make a different card the primary card, then you can transfer the balance to it. The words "make primary" appear under the gift cards you have listed in your account, all except the primary card.

I can never keep things like that secret.

I thought this too - but when I went to do it, I couldn't find it... Which is why I was panicing so much. I"ll have to go sign in again and see if I can find it now that I am calm... LOL... You know how it is when your adrenaline is running and you just can't see straight. ::yes::

Hahaha... I had a hard time - trust me. But I know he would have been really upset about how much it costed me initially... I do feel that the value was well worth it - this time anyways... Only because I was one of the few who purchased before the huge price hike, so when I activated it, I received a year's worth of Photopass as well... This one time, it was a great purchase - I am not certain if it would be as great next time - if there ever is a next time. I will be sad the day it expires though...

Hi, D! I am here and all caught up on your PTR. I know it was several days ago, but I just have to say that fruit salad looks amazing. It's just the right thing for this hot weather! You have had a busy, Disney week. Your budgeting is fantastic and definitely an artform. I always liked the Dining plan because it made it easier to budget- like you said- all inclusive. When we went to Disneyland, I had to start doing it closer to the way you did because they don't really have a dining plan like at WDW. It is amazing how close you stayed to the budget on A's trip. When we lived in Virginia and drove to WDW, I had a part-time job that went entirely to paying for Christmas and our WDW vacations. I felt like this gave me more control in the decision making and budget. I think it makes for a less stressful trip when everything is pre-paid and you know what your limits are on souvenirs and such.
I am so relieved that you were able to figure out the gift card issue. It must have given you a heart-attack to think you might have lost that much in GCs! I imagine "Cathy" the comic strip going "AAACKKK"!!View attachment 185998
Hopefully, you can get the magic band figured out as well. Have a great day and enjoy your run!

Welcome!!! So glad to have you here! :woohoo:

Sadly - I had to throw the fruit salad out yesterday... There was only a tiny bit left at the bottom of the bowl - but it was done. I may go get more supplies today. ::yes::

I do miss having the DDP - but even looking at our food budget - I don't remember how much DDP is per day now-a-days... but I do think we come out better OOP? But it is so nice to have it all paid for ahead of time, and nothing to keep track of while you are there... Maybe one day, I will stay on site again - but for now, I just cannot pass up the SoG sale rates. I have to admit that I am one of those who is super salty at Disney for upping their prices so much - it makes going there so hard... At least now, I can still go and stay to my budget a little better...

Yes - this is kind of how I do it... Actually, most of what I make at Target and my other full time job goes towards life and our family budget... but I do have the opportunity to make a little extra every now and then... And that goes to pay for our Disney trips and extras - like the girls' Europe airfare and eventually ours... But that extra isn't steady - nor do I want it to be, it's a lot of work.

Yah - my anxiety was running pretty high for that hour... LOL I am just glad that everything turned out A-ok... I figured it would, there had to be a way, if this didn't work out - but thankfully it did.

Welcome again! Super happy to have you here and reading along! :lovestruc

Love all your Disney updates :) It is SO exciting as you get within the last few weeks and have all this Disney stuff to take care of. That's the best!!!

Thanks for the info on how you do your TR notebook--I was already thinking about how I'm going to keep 11 days of Disney fun straight when I get home and want to write about our adventures!!

I love doing Disney updates!!! :woohoo: V and I are getting so excited! We still need to figure out FPs and such... but the bulk of the planing is done. And I feel like the bulk of paying for it is done too - but it really isn't, I have a lot of it paid for - but there is a lot to go yet. Universal is such a huge expense... And we still have the resort and the little extras too... but we'll get there - at least I am hopeful now. LOL

I try to keep it as simple as possible... On our first trip in 2003, I lugged around this huge 3 ring binder... Goodness - I am not sure how we survived that one? And that was before I knew that I needed to plan... LOL Now I try to keep it as simple as possible - but Disney does help with that - having all of our plans on my phone really helps a lot - then I don't have to carry or keep track of anything on paper. I do screenshot our plans though, just in case I don't have internet down there - which is often the case. And as you could see - I write my TRs in extreme Disney shorthand. LOL

I am very exited to write this last TR when we get home. :lovestruc And hoping there will be another trip - even if it's a short one - some time in the next year. ::yes::

I can't believe Josh had no clue you had an annual pass. You can tell he is not a disney guy or he would have know then AP made the most sense.

Right now my plans are to sit on the beach for a week. I missed getting Pearl Harbour tickets, so have to decide if we want to go one early one morning and try for walk up tickets, or try to do a tour that picks us up at Aulani. Or skip it? I'm not sure what the girls know about the history of Pearl Harbour.

LOL - yes... But trying to explain that huge price tag to him last summer - before I did all of these trips, it wouldn't have made sense to him, even with the math... He tends to get a little sidelined by the price tags. LOL

Ooooh - that will be wonderful! I sure hope you are able to get tickets, I didn't realize that Pearl Harbor tickets were so hard to get... I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I go to Hawaii... Ahem- when I go to Hawaii. :lovestruc It will be an amazing trip!!!

Your Disney updates are getting me to psyched about our Son's senior Disney trip!!!! I get to switch out resorts this month at our seven month window!! I can't wait. I'm so glad your gift cards worked out. Have a nice run!! Don't get overheated!

Hehehe... I've been soooo looking forward to this trip... I am so glad Allison and I stayed at SoG - i'd truly forgotten what a gem it was... I am really looking forward to having V stay there and love it too - I hope. ::yes::

Hahaha - thanks! I didn't end up going for a run, by the time I got off Skype with Allison, it looked like rain... Glad I didn't go as it got a little bad out there. I lifted weights instead... Hoping for a run this morning. ::yes::

I tried to post several times yesterday but the DIS and I were not getting along :crazy2:

I called the owner of the company on Tuesday and we spoke briefly, as he was going into a lunch meeting. He said he appreciated me following up and I was on his list of calls to make today and that he'd call me back later that afternoon. I didn't hear from him again on Tuesday but I wasn't too worried about it (although DH was losing faith, he has been a rock the past 5.5 months but it's starting to wear on him). When I received no call again yesterday, I was really down in the dumps. I talked to my friend and made a plan to call around 10am this morning. I was checking email on my phone last night and saw I had an email from the owner! He wants me to come in on Monday and meet some more of the team. Hopefully I will have news to report on Monday.

I've had a heck of a time focusing on work the past couple days so I've been catching up on the DIS. :rolleyes1 After reading about your January trip, you've got me thinking about switching one of our upcoming trips to SOG. We haven't stayed there in ages.

I'm am off to catch up on everything I should have been doing the last two days!

Glad you were able to get the Dis to work for your finally. Its' being a little strange for me this morning too. ::yes::

Sending HUGe amounts of Pixie Dust your way!!! Keep me updated!!! :lovestruc

Oooh - I hope you do... They have done so many updates and changes, even since we were there in January... Evergreens is open to full capacity again... So they have a full grill and bar... I am very excited for this - just to have good food options nearby. :lovestruc Check their "specials" page... I am continually amazed at the deals I am able to get on our stays. It makes going there even more affordable!

I hope you were able to catch up on life! Good luck!

Your Disney excitement is infectious! I want to go again but not sure when that will be ...... Crisis averted on the GC's. I do cat sitting for a friend and she always pays me in Disney GC's. I had several with me on my last trip and at some point there was major GC confusion. Next trip I'll have to look into the consolidation thing. Anxious for your DD's bag reveal :-)

Thanks! We are getting so excited! :woohoo:

That is awesome! I wish I could be paid for something in Disney GCs. LOL Up until last year - I think - there was no way to combine them... I've had a few issues over the years, but thankfully, nothing major... It's so nice that Disney found a way to combine cards - as I think in the end, it even makes things easier on them too. :lovestruc

I've been working on it in my spare time... I am still hoping to have it finished by the end of the weekend. :scratchin

That GC situation would have had me losing my mind. So glad you were able to get it all figured out. Hopefully, the MB situation is as easily fixed as the CM said. Have a great day. Since this is my Friday, I won't be on again until Monday, so have a great weekend too!

Yes - I kind of was, LOL. I am so relieved that I was able to get it figured out too!

Oh yes - my MB magically appeared in MDE yesterday afternoon... So, all is well. Thanks for reminding me. ::yes::

I hope you have a great weekend Shannon! :lovestruc

BAAAAAA HA HA HA i can only image your face when you slipped with Josh!

I hoep the MB situation gets rectified SOON!

Love ya!

Hahaha... Yah - I had to do a little back pedaling and explaining there... Let's just say, there are a couple of purchases he has done, recently and over the years - that he doesn't think I know about... So, if ever there's an issue... I will happily remind him of those items. :lmao:

Yup - it appeared yesterday afternoon in my MDE, so we are good to go on that. :woohoo:

Love ya too!!! :lovestruc

Loving the Dis trip updates D! It's getting so close; I can't believe this is August already. Yay - V got her Halloween tickets! I know a lot of work on her part went into buying them.

Holy moly I was laughing about your "slip up" with the AP pass; men; if you had explained it to him beforehand it probably wouldn't have gone over well; good job D!

Waiting anxiously for your reveal of V's bag! You need to post pics again when you have your trip apparel all coordinated and ready:)

I guess I will get back to work. It's much more fun to read your TR than work though.

(P.S. How has your Dad been?)

Hugs and prayers D.

Yes - we are getting so excited! Yup - V was able to purchase her MNSSHP tickets - we are so excited to do that again! :woohoo: It's been one of our biggest highlights on previous trips - so I cannot wait to share it with her - it's one of the major reasons she chose to have her Senior trip at this time of year.

No - it wouldn't have gone over well at all... All he would have seen was the big up front cost, and I don't think that even my detailed number crunching would have helped. But let me tell you - it's been HUGE not to have to worry about my tickets while I am saving and paying for these trips.... Just to have that out of the equation has been so nice... Even if I did fork out the $$ earlier. ::yes::

I will definitely be posting pictures of V's bag... I've been working on it during my off time - and I am still hoping to finish it up this weekend... I will see how time goes for me? :scratchin I"ve also been working on putting my outfits together... I will get them all coordinated soon. I need to find some dark purple tank tops/tees - that aren't too tight and tunic length... It's been hard - I've been looking every time I go out anywhere, but dark purple isn't really on trend right now and I am having a hard time finding anything. Grrrr... I need that color. LOL

Dad is doing OK... Josh and I are headed up this weekend to spend Saturday with him... Looking forward to it! I"ll have a better update after the weekend. :lovestruc

Sending Pixie Dust your way!!! I hope you have a great weekend! :lovestruc

Finally caught up on all that's going on. It's been just a busy week and I have my days all messed up. Plus I really needed a break from my work day. Today is one of those days.

Love all the upcoming Disney updates. I'm getting excited for you!! Thank you for sharing your budget and how you figure it all out.

I had to laugh when Josh found out about your AP.

Shame out the hutch, but something better will come along within your budget and it will better. Chalk paint can be addicting. So many colors to pick from and so little things to paint.

Have a great day!

I sure hope the rest of your day went better. :hugs:

I can't wait for our trip - and I love budgeting it out... I am not sure that I have ever shared my trip budget here before?

Hahaha... Yah - I just through I would be able to glaze over the fact that I have one... Oh well - it's not that huge of a deal... And financially it did make the most sense! ::yes::

I am determined to find a great hutch... I am still looking every day. Hehehe... I get it. LOL I know, I keep looking around my house to find things to paint - not having much luck yet. LOL

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a great weekend! :lovestruc

V's picture came today, seriously that girl has talent! I'm going to frame it and give to my son Steve. He's been going through some rough stuff lately, so much so, that Charlie and I are taking him with us on our trip this month. We went yesterday and got our TSA precheck stuff taken care of. We all have our numbers now so we can apply that to our flight. Then we went and had dinner with Kate & Chris -we had a great time. Glad to see you got your MNSSHP tickets!

Awww... This makes my heart happy - I will be sure to pass your message on to V. I have to admit, Jack was VERY hard for her to send off... So, if he ever needs to find a new home - please let us know, as I know she would be willing to purchase him from you. LOL Until then, I hope that he brings some sunshine to Steve! :lovestruc It sounds like he needs it! And I think it's awesome that you are bringing him with on your next trip!!! Nothing like a bit of Disney to up someone's spirits! :lovestruc

I hope you have a great weekend Tess! :lovestruc

****************************************************************************************

OK - first things first... My SteamBoat Willie MB showed up in MDE yesterday - just like the CM said it would... :woohoo: So, that's awesome!

Still no tickets for V - but they should be here very soon - hoping for today.

Yesterday - I was able to skype with Allison for over an hour.... That was so nice. Can you believe that her trip is almost half-way over already? Cannot wait to have my babies under one roof again. :lovestruc

By the time we got off of chat - it was looking like rain, so I opted to lift weights instead... While I was lifting, I heard some commotion outside... Then I remembered that I'd left my watering can out there after watering flowers the other night... As I was opening the door to go out - the wind took it and slammed it into my forehead, now I have a giant bump there. Boy did that hurt! But I saved the watering can. LOL We did get a bit of damage, a few large branches down and one of my giant lanterns from Pier 1 was blown off of the front porch and the glass was smashed to bits.... Kind of bummed - I can still use it though and bonus - no glass to keep clean. :woohoo: I still have a nice red lump on my forehead this morning - hoping it doesn't bruise. :scratchin

I worked the remainder of the day - most of which on my custom order and the rest on V's bag. I am still hoping to finish it sometime this weekend. ::yes::

Today... I plan to run... I have to work... And I have to get the oil changed in the car... I am hoping to run to Aldi too... I am not sure which order I am doing things in... I half way think I should get my oil done first - as it will only get to be busier there as the day goes on. :scratchin We'll see how things pan out.

Please keep Allison in your prayers this weekend - she will be traveling and I am nervous about it. :lovestruc

Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you. And keep an eye on my TR - if I happen to finish V's bag this weekend - I'll post pictures, I am pretty excited about it. :woohoo:

D~

hey there!
Sorry but i had to laugh out loud and getting bapped on the head. Im sorry and i know you OK... otherwise it wouldn't be so funny.

Already half over? adn you still never came by?? the HUMANITY!

Hope you have a great weekend!

TESS!
I hope everything is OK with Steve and you have a wonderful time in Disney with him!

Wow you think you have had a lull, it just goes to show how busy you were prepping for Allison's graduation! You are one busy lady!

How exciting that all your Disney plans are coming together, cannot wait to hear all about it!

Omg, I hope you are feeling better after a bonk to the noggin!

Prayers for safe travels for Allison.

I thought this too - but when I went to do it, I couldn't find it... Which is why I was panicing so much. I"ll have to go sign in again and see if I can find it now that I am calm... LOL... You know how it is when your adrenaline is running and you just can't see straight. ::yes::

Hahaha... I had a hard time - trust me. But I know he would have been really upset about how much it costed me initially... I do feel that the value was well worth it - this time anyways... Only because I was one of the few who purchased before the huge price hike, so when I activated it, I received a year's worth of Photopass as well... This one time, it was a great purchase - I am not certain if it would be as great next time - if there ever is a next time. I will be sad the day it expires though...

Sadly - I had to throw the fruit salad out yesterday... There was only a tiny bit left at the bottom of the bowl - but it was done. I may go get more supplies today. ::yes::

I do miss having the DDP - but even looking at our food budget - I don't remember how much DDP is per day now-a-days... but I do think we come out better OOP? But it is so nice to have it all paid for ahead of time, and nothing to keep track of while you are there... Maybe one day, I will stay on site again - but for now, I just cannot pass up the SoG sale rates. I have to admit that I am one of those who is super salty at Disney for upping their prices so much - it makes going there so hard... At least now, I can still go and stay to my budget a little better...

Yes - this is kind of how I do it... Actually, most of what I make at Target and my other full time job goes towards life and our family budget... but I do have the opportunity to make a little extra every now and then... And that goes to pay for our Disney trips and extras - like the girls' Europe airfare and eventually ours... But that extra isn't steady - nor do I want it to be, it's a lot of work.

Yah - my anxiety was running pretty high for that hour... LOL I am just glad that everything turned out A-ok... I figured it would, there had to be a way, if this didn't work out - but thankfully it did.

I love doing Disney updates!!! :woohoo: V and I are getting so excited! We still need to figure out FPs and such... but the bulk of the planing is done. And I feel like the bulk of paying for it is done too - but it really isn't, I have a lot of it paid for - but there is a lot to go yet. Universal is such a huge expense... And we still have the resort and the little extras too... but we'll get there - at least I am hopeful now. LOL

I try to keep it as simple as possible... On our first trip in 2003, I lugged around this huge 3 ring binder... Goodness - I am not sure how we survived that one? And that was before I knew that I needed to plan... LOL Now I try to keep it as simple as possible - but Disney does help with that - having all of our plans on my phone really helps a lot - then I don't have to carry or keep track of anything on paper. I do screenshot our plans though, just in case I don't have internet down there - which is often the case. And as you could see - I write my TRs in extreme Disney shorthand. LOL

I am very exited to write this last TR when we get home. :lovestruc And hoping there will be another trip - even if it's a short one - some time in the next year. ::yes::

LOL - yes... But trying to explain that huge price tag to him last summer - before I did all of these trips, it wouldn't have made sense to him, even with the math... He tends to get a little sidelined by the price tags. LOL

Ooooh - that will be wonderful! I sure hope you are able to get tickets, I didn't realize that Pearl Harbor tickets were so hard to get... I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I go to Hawaii... Ahem- when I go to Hawaii. :lovestruc It will be an amazing trip!!!

Hehehe... I've been soooo looking forward to this trip... I am so glad Allison and I stayed at SoG - i'd truly forgotten what a gem it was... I am really looking forward to having V stay there and love it too - I hope. ::yes::

Hahaha - thanks! I didn't end up going for a run, by the time I got off Skype with Allison, it looked like rain... Glad I didn't go as it got a little bad out there. I lifted weights instead... Hoping for a run this morning. ::yes::

Glad you were able to get the Dis to work for your finally. Its' being a little strange for me this morning too. ::yes::

Oooh - I hope you do... They have done so many updates and changes, even since we were there in January... Evergreens is open to full capacity again... So they have a full grill and bar... I am very excited for this - just to have good food options nearby. :lovestruc Check their "specials" page... I am continually amazed at the deals I am able to get on our stays. It makes going there even more affordable!

That is awesome! I wish I could be paid for something in Disney GCs. LOL Up until last year - I think - there was no way to combine them... I've had a few issues over the years, but thankfully, nothing major... It's so nice that Disney found a way to combine cards - as I think in the end, it even makes things easier on them too. :lovestruc

I've been working on it in my spare time... I am still hoping to have it finished by the end of the weekend. :scratchin

Yes - I kind of was, LOL. I am so relieved that I was able to get it figured out too!

Oh yes - my MB magically appeared in MDE yesterday afternoon... So, all is well. Thanks for reminding me. ::yes::

Hahaha... Yah - I had to do a little back pedaling and explaining there... Let's just say, there are a couple of purchases he has done, recently and over the years - that he doesn't think I know about... So, if ever there's an issue... I will happily remind him of those items. :lmao:

Yup - it appeared yesterday afternoon in my MDE, so we are good to go on that. :woohoo:

Yes - we are getting so excited! Yup - V was able to purchase her MNSSHP tickets - we are so excited to do that again! :woohoo: It's been one of our biggest highlights on previous trips - so I cannot wait to share it with her - it's one of the major reasons she chose to have her Senior trip at this time of year.

No - it wouldn't have gone over well at all... All he would have seen was the big up front cost, and I don't think that even my detailed number crunching would have helped. But let me tell you - it's been HUGE not to have to worry about my tickets while I am saving and paying for these trips.... Just to have that out of the equation has been so nice... Even if I did fork out the $$ earlier. ::yes::

I will definitely be posting pictures of V's bag... I've been working on it during my off time - and I am still hoping to finish it up this weekend... I will see how time goes for me? :scratchin I"ve also been working on putting my outfits together... I will get them all coordinated soon. I need to find some dark purple tank tops/tees - that aren't too tight and tunic length... It's been hard - I've been looking every time I go out anywhere, but dark purple isn't really on trend right now and I am having a hard time finding anything. Grrrr... I need that color. LOL

Dad is doing OK... Josh and I are headed up this weekend to spend Saturday with him... Looking forward to it! I"ll have a better update after the weekend. :lovestruc

I can't wait for our trip - and I love budgeting it out... I am not sure that I have ever shared my trip budget here before?

Hahaha... Yah - I just through I would be able to glaze over the fact that I have one... Oh well - it's not that huge of a deal... And financially it did make the most sense! ::yes::

I am determined to find a great hutch... I am still looking every day. Hehehe... I get it. LOL I know, I keep looking around my house to find things to paint - not having much luck yet. LOL

Awww... This makes my heart happy - I will be sure to pass your message on to V. I have to admit, Jack was VERY hard for her to send off... So, if he ever needs to find a new home - please let us know, as I know she would be willing to purchase him from you. LOL Until then, I hope that he brings some sunshine to Steve! :lovestruc It sounds like he needs it! And I think it's awesome that you are bringing him with on your next trip!!! Nothing like a bit of Disney to up someone's spirits! :lovestruc

****************************************************************************************

OK - first things first... My SteamBoat Willie MB showed up in MDE yesterday - just like the CM said it would... :woohoo: So, that's awesome!

Yesterday - I was able to skype with Allison for over an hour.... That was so nice. Can you believe that her trip is almost half-way over already? Cannot wait to have my babies under one roof again. :lovestruc

By the time we got off of chat - it was looking like rain, so I opted to lift weights instead... While I was lifting, I heard some commotion outside... Then I remembered that I'd left my watering can out there after watering flowers the other night... As I was opening the door to go out - the wind took it and slammed it into my forehead, now I have a giant bump there. Boy did that hurt! But I saved the watering can. LOL We did get a bit of damage, a few large branches down and one of my giant lanterns from Pier 1 was blown off of the front porch and the glass was smashed to bits.... Kind of bummed - I can still use it though and bonus - no glass to keep clean. :woohoo: I still have a nice red lump on my forehead this morning - hoping it doesn't bruise. :scratchin

I worked the remainder of the day - most of which on my custom order and the rest on V's bag. I am still hoping to finish it sometime this weekend. ::yes::

Today... I plan to run... I have to work... And I have to get the oil changed in the car... I am hoping to run to Aldi too... I am not sure which order I am doing things in... I half way think I should get my oil done first - as it will only get to be busier there as the day goes on. :scratchin We'll see how things pan out.

Please keep Allison in your prayers this weekend - she will be traveling and I am nervous about it. :lovestruc

Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you. And keep an eye on my TR - if I happen to finish V's bag this weekend - I'll post pictures, I am pretty excited about it. :woohoo:

D~
Ca

D~
I can't wait to see the bag, I'm sure it will be fabulous. Also, I'm interested to see what outfits you will be putting together for your trip. Disney fashion show.

So, I've been enjoying the DIS so much this week after such a long absence, I decided to start my own PTR. Please check out the link in my signature - I am juggling planning 4 trips that will all take place before the end of November!

I am praying for Allison's safety and also that my girls never want to go so far away from me. :sad2: Seriously praying for Allison and admiring the mother that you are - I hope I will handle my girls spreading their wings with the grace and support that you have.

I'm not sure if SOG is going to happen this year or not but I should know for sure next week.

I will definitely keep you updated on the job. I am ready for Monday (which is such a strange thing to say)

I can't wait to see V's bag!

I couldn't help myself... I just HAD to finish' V's bag today... Once I did the applique last night - I just knew that I had to see the whole bag together...

Victoria picked the interior fabric... And both of us worked together to come up with the exterior and complimentary fabrics... I am so happy with how this bag turned out - it's just stunning in person! :lovestruc

20160805_160443.jpg

20160805_155252.jpg

20160805_154524.jpg

She is now on the hunt for ideas for her next custom bag... I do believe I've created a monster! :scratchin ::yes::

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter