• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Love how the dining table and chairs turned out. Fabulous job!!!

Good for Allison for winning over the little one. Funny how they take so long to warm up. I hope Allison doesn't get too home sick. Before she knows it, it will be time to come home.

Sounds like Josh and V had a great time. The weather has been so hot and that's a perfect way to cool off.

Again, thanks for the thoughts for mom.

Have a wonderful day!

Your kitchen table set looks great. Have you looked on Craig's list for a cupboard? I saw a couple yesterday under $50. I don't know exactly what you're looking for but I imagine something not too expensive since you're going to paint it.

Love, love, love the picture of Allison and little Lara. Those sweet sleeping baby moments. Hope Allison stays busy and her homesickness starts to lessen.

Your table and chairs and bench look absolutely wonderful. Tyler was telling me yesterday all of things he wanted to get done to the Houston house. He seemed to be a little overwhelmed, and I kept reminding him he was going to be there a couple of years, to take it slow, but they seem to always have guests over and he wants it all done yesterday. Doing things on your own takes time as you know D! Look at your kitchen! I wanted an over the stove microwave so bad, but, there is a common problem I have found out. There is only one size of depth to the over the stove models, and we do not have enough room.

Do you still eat breakfast D? I wish I had time for eggs, but my mornings fly by and I have to grab some yogurt and nuts or something before I head out the door. Hang in there, like you say, the journey to be healthy is life long.

I like your movie watching plan. Good mother and daughter time getting you ready for your trip!

I will be emailing you before too long. My days always seem to be such a blur:)

Take care, hugs and prayers always Dorine.

The table and chairs (and bench) look great!

Thank you! I was surprised at how much work they were to do. I still have 2 more chairs that should be done, but I am just not in the mood to do them right now. LOL

I don't know if I mentioned that we are using a general contractor for the job, so all we need to do is pick out stuff and make decisions - and pay them, too. ;) The new kitchen will be laid out pretty much the same except that the refrigerator gets moved to the far left instead of the middle of the wall, which will give me a lot of nice open space. And we bought a stove instead of having a cook top built into the counter and a wall oven. The refrigerator will be where the wall oven was. This gets me out of a crowded corner, too, and I'll have work space to the left of the stove, something I don't have now. We are also remodeling the bathroom that is adjacent to the kitchen. The architect has the plans right now and then the design has to be permitted. We were told that the permits can take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks after the architects are finished, so nothing is going to happen until September at the earliest. :( If the permitting takes a really long time then we will have to hold off the remodel until after Christmas.

I love the way the table turned out.

There should be some really great sales on summer clothes that might help perk up your Disney wardrobe. I had gotten a few things on sale for our June trip and it was nice to have new clothes for the pictures. :

Awesome! No, I don't think I knew that. LOL Yah - I hate the whole permit part of it, that does take a while to get through that. Hopefully they will have it ready to go soon though.

Thank you! I really love how much more space I have in there. ::yes::

I've been watching... It's hard, because a lot of the colors I need to go with my outfits are not colors that are in style right now... So, I am stuck with black, black and white stripes, or turquoise... I really need some royal blue, purple - jewel toned strong colors. LOL

The chairs , bench and table look great. I must say that you were busier than me and I've been working all week. My son-in-law's on vacation this week and I'm covering for him.
Sorry that Allison is homesick but it's good that she's with family. that picture of Lara and her is so cute.
It's been so hot around here that I haven't done much besides go to work and the a/c hasn't been working well there. We're supposed to go to Erie on Sunday if it cools down a little. There is a nice little zoo there and we like to hike around Presque Isle.
Have a good day.
Liz

Hahaha... I don't feel like I am that busy... I am sure - those of you who are working, are much busier than I am. But thank you - I am so glad they turned out as nice as they did... There are a few imperfections, but they aren't too bad, a person can't see them unless they are up close. :scratchin

Yes - she is quite home sick, but seems to be perking up, as people are flying in and are there to spend some time with her. There was a couple weeks there, where she was mostly home alone 3 days of the week, and I think that was starting to get to her. Now that Myrthe's brother and g/f are home and Macheteld flies in tomorrow - she will have plenty of people around to call on when she is bored. So, I think that will help out a lot for her.

We were very hot at the end of last week too - but it seems to be getting better... I hope it cools down for you soon too. :lovestruc

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

The chairs, table and bench looks great.

I hope Myrthe's mom has room for the things Allison wants.

Crossing my fingers that breakfast at Kona will be better than the last time you tried it.

Thanks! I am super happy with how they turned out... They were a lot more work than I thought they would be, but I think they look really great in that space. ::yes::

It sounded like she would have enough room/weight to take Allison's items along - so that's good. I didn't have much to give her, so I think it will be OK.

I sure hope so, LOL... I didn't hate it, I just liked the other restaurants we went to much better. LOL

The table looks great. It is perfect in that space

I went with my really old running sneakers. These sneakers are beyond their last leg. :( I have not found a new pair that I like. We did get a coupon for 20% off at a running store, so I might go in and get fitted for a new pair. I like running but DH hates it. Since we usually workout together, I don't get to run ( and by running I mean run/ walking). I'm a little upset with myself. A few years ago I did a 10K in 1 hour 11 minutes. Last night walk took 1 hour and 6 minutes. I did have to totally slow down at the end to stay with DH. He got a huge blister on the bottom of his foot and it really hurt him to walk.
after 3.5+ mile by LJcrochet, on Flickr

I'm not sure since DH is the one who always books the flights. Sorry.

That reminds me of my renovations. When we hired the contractor, he said we would be done by Labour day. We didn't get started till the mid to end of october because of waiting for the permits.

Thank you - I am so happy with how it turned out.

I think that's a great idea! Proper running shoes are so important! ::yes:: I love that pic of you and your DH... Was that taken the other day, or was that from your previous run? You look great regardless! :)

No worries, I was just curious. :)

Yikes! That is one reason I enjoy living in a small town. :)

Umm Yeah you know what i meant when i was talking about sleeping babies! Hey why would i get your kids names right when i don't even get mine right? LOL

I totally understand the in the middle of the day events which screw up your whole day! can't start anything in fear of not getting it done in time. Then when you get home you have no energy to even start it up!

Have a great day! glad your getting Allison's care package to her!

I know... LOL I don't get their names right either... For that matter, Allison has been gone for a month now and I still catch myself calling V by A's name. LOL

I know - I have another day like that today. Sigh. I don't know when I am going to get any work done? I am really frustrated about it!

Thanks! It was a great day - even though I didn't get to work at all. :lovestruc

Hey D. For some reason I am not getting notifications on your report.. BOO! I love how the table and chairs come out! They look so nice. All those pictures with A are adorable!! Glad she is still having a blast! I considered Kona for this coming trip, but we opted for Ohana breakfast since we haven't done that yet!

No worries... :lovestruc

Thanks - I am super happy with them!

She is having a lot of fun - she is just very home sick... Hopefully now that so many people are there with her, it will get easier.

Well, it looks like we are doing both Ohana and Kona... Ohana is one of V's requests. ::yes::

The chairs and bench look great!

I often get frustrated by days that end up being thrown off and not going according to plan. Life is so busy that I really need things to go according to plan! LOL I ended up having to be out of town for one day (overnight Monday and all day yesterday) for work -- got home late last night, so that has thrown my week off. My older daughter (the one going on the trip with me next month, she is away at college) called this morning and she is sick, and my younger daughter had a lot of drama at her job yesterday, so last night and this morning have been emotionally draining, on top of the fatigue from travel. Oh well -- such is life!

I'm looking forward to trying Kona Café. Depending on how I'm feeling I may end up eating just grits and fruit, or something bland and easy like that....but I'm hoping to be able to try the Tonga Toast. We shall see.....

Thank you! I really love them too!

I know the feeling - it's so hard... I know I am going to end up working through the weekend again. Sigh. Hopefully it will slow down soon... I know I've had a lot of days off - but they just didn't feel like days off, because I knew how hard I'd have to work to catch up again later. Oh well... Almost at the end of that tunnel. :scratchin

I sure hope youre daughter is feeling better soon... And job stresses don't make life easy either. Hang in there momma! :hug:

Yes - I think I may try something different there this time? :scratchin I loved the tonga toast , it just got sickening to me quickly. ::yes::

Love how the dining table and chairs turned out. Fabulous job!!!

Good for Allison for winning over the little one. Funny how they take so long to warm up. I hope Allison doesn't get too home sick. Before she knows it, it will be time to come home.

Sounds like Josh and V had a great time. The weather has been so hot and that's a perfect way to cool off.

Again, thanks for the thoughts for mom.

Have a wonderful day!

Thank you - I really like them. It's a little strange having a bench by my table, vs chairs... but I really love the look of it - it's super different.

She did take a super long time, but all the sweeter now, right? :lovestruc I know - her days there are definitely getting shorter... She is very close to the half way point.

They did - I am a little jealous and wish I could have gone with... Next time. ::yes::

Anytime - how is she doing now?

Thanks, same to you! :hug:

Your kitchen table set looks great. Have you looked on Craig's list for a cupboard? I saw a couple yesterday under $50. I don't know exactly what you're looking for but I imagine something not too expensive since you're going to paint it.

Yes - I've been stalking Craigslist... I've found the perfect one, but there is no way we can go get it until Saturday at the earliest... So, we'll see if it's still there then. HOpefully. My budget is under $100... but truly, I'd like it under $50. :scratchin Then I'd feel less badly if I wreck it. LOL

Love, love, love the picture of Allison and little Lara. Those sweet sleeping baby moments. Hope Allison stays busy and her homesickness starts to lessen.

Your table and chairs and bench look absolutely wonderful. Tyler was telling me yesterday all of things he wanted to get done to the Houston house. He seemed to be a little overwhelmed, and I kept reminding him he was going to be there a couple of years, to take it slow, but they seem to always have guests over and he wants it all done yesterday. Doing things on your own takes time as you know D! Look at your kitchen! I wanted an over the stove microwave so bad, but, there is a common problem I have found out. There is only one size of depth to the over the stove models, and we do not have enough room.

Do you still eat breakfast D? I wish I had time for eggs, but my mornings fly by and I have to grab some yogurt and nuts or something before I head out the door. Hang in there, like you say, the journey to be healthy is life long.

I like your movie watching plan. Good mother and daughter time getting you ready for your trip!

I will be emailing you before too long. My days always seem to be such a blur:)

Take care, hugs and prayers always Dorine.

I know - it's the sweetest picture ever, I think. ::yes::

Thanks Carol! Yes - it's good for Tyler to take his time, but don't do as we did, and just become so overwhelmed that it stopped us from starting in the first place. 10 years later... LOL But I am so thankful we finally did it... It's still so strange to love my house!

Yes - those microwaves do come in just one standard size, don't they? Mine does stick out a few inches from my cupboards - I think they have to be that way? It's for the venting... They aren't supposed to be flush. So, unless your cupboards are abnormally skinny - I'd double check. ::yes::

I do still eat breakfast, most days. I've been getting better about it these last few weeks. For a while there - breakfast was a huge fail. Typically - I'll either have a meat with my fried cole slaw and an egg or two over the top. Otherwise, 2 boiled eggs... It really depends on my ambition level more than anything. LOL I am seeing a tiny bit of progress, so that is good. I really plan to focus harder on this next week - once life and work slows down.

Hehehe... Thanks. Last night was Saving Mr. Banks and Mary Poppins. :lovestruc Both excellent movies... I just LOVE Tom Hanks as Walt in that movie. :lovestruc

Looking forward to your next email update. As always hugs and prayers to you too! :lovestruc

************************************************************************************************

I wish I had time for a proper update today, but I do not. After yesterday and not being able to get any work done... And now today - I realized I have another appointment in the middle of my day... I need to get upstairs as early as possible and get as much done as I can in a very short amount of time. Sigh.

But, my coffee date with Machteld went well yesterday - she was able to take everything I brought for Allison. We had a good time, as always, and visited for much longer than planned. These are such great people, and it helps my heart so much that Allison is with them. :lovestruc

Allison and I were twinning yesterday... :lovestruc (forgive my wet hair, no make-up look - LOL)

Screenshot_2016-07-28-05-06-43.png
Snapchat-4863999267595078189.jpg

And V and I watched 2 movies last night... Saving Mr. Banks and Mary Poppins... It was a fun and relaxing night... I should have been working - but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. LOL

Today... It's total chaos... I have to lift weights 5 minutes ago... Work until late this morning... Take V to work... Come home, work a bit more... Get ready... Go to my appointment - 30 miles in the opposite direction of V's work... After my appointment, I have to pick up V and go home... By then, it will be dinner time. Sigh. So, I am hoping to make a bit of progress upstairs today... Craziness! :eek:

I hope you all have a great day! Sending pixie dust out to all!

D~

I'm glad to hear Machteld was able to take all the things you brought to Allison with her.

How great that you were able to chat with Allison yesterday. It's great that this technology exists :)

I hope your day goes as planned today.

I love that pic of you and your DH... Was that taken the other day, or was that from your previous run? You look great regardless! :)
That was from after the run the other night. The race was on the road at the beach.

I need to get upstairs as early as possible and get as much done as I can in a very short amount of time. Sigh.
There is never enough hours in a day.
But, my coffee date with Machteld went well yesterday - she was able to take everything I brought for Allison. We had a good time, as always, and visited for much longer than planned. These are such great people, and it helps my heart so much that Allison is with them
Glad you had a good visit with Machteld. Visits always take much longer than planned.

Hope you have a great day! When I get home from work, i need to hammer in all the finishing nails that we missed last night. I think once we put the room back together, I'm going to have to get some sort of the light for it. The ceiling fan bulb is too dark at night. Funny thing is room gets so much light, that we never turn on the light in there unless it is after dark.

I've been checking in every day, but I haven't been writing.

I love how the dining set looks! I wish I was more handy.

I knew I would have to wait for an answer on this job, but now that it's been a week, it's wearing on me. It's hard not to automatically interpret no news as bad news (especially after the past several months) even though I know the owner is on vacation this week. If I don't hear something on Monday, I've going to have to call on Tuesday for the sake of my sanity!

It's so great to see Allison bonding with Lara. I mostly grew up far away from my cousins, so when I moved for college it was great to live close to 2 of my cousins and to be close when the last 2 were born. Living with my grandparents my first few years of college was good and bad, but the family dinners we had every Sunday were one of my favorite things ever!

My parents took the girls last night for a 3 night sleep over at their house! I can't even say how great it was to sleep in my own bed all night for a change :) I think Bennie and I will do a date night tomorrow, I've had a hair appointment scheduled for ages and if I reschedule it will be the end of August before I can get in. Not exactly what I had in mind for our kid free time.

Hope you have a great day!

Glad she was able to grab it all. you and A look adorable talking to each other..
So it's been a month and your still not over here?
Fine. I made the kids scrub walls and floors. ALL YOUR FAULT!

anyway. Quit slacking and get to work will you please?

I love the table, bench and chairs. You are doing a great job. So glad Allison is having a great trip. It is such an awesome opportunity for her. I saw Vs' drawings! She has so much talent. The pictures are just beautiful! Hope she is able to meet her ticket goal. :) Have a great day!

Last edited:
Love to see your home improvement projects. We completed our kitchen 2 years ago and that was major. And now we have a bathroom near completion. It seems like we always have something that needs fixing around here. I have looked into SOG a little bit and it looks great. What do you do for park tickets? Can you still use magic bands?

I'm glad to hear Machteld was able to take all the things you brought to Allison with her.

How great that you were able to chat with Allison yesterday. It's great that this technology exists

I hope your day goes as planned today.

I know - it was so nice of her - and it saved me a lot on postage. :woohoo:

Yes - it makes it so much easier on this momma - it's very difficult having her gone, but being able to see her and talk to her often helps a lot. :lovestruc

It did - mostly. :scratchin

That was from after the run the other night. The race was on the road at the beach.

There is never enough hours in a day.

Glad you had a good visit with Machteld. Visits always take much longer than planned.

Hope you have a great day! When I get home from work, i need to hammer in all the finishing nails that we missed last night. I think once we put the room back together, I'm going to have to get some sort of the light for it. The ceiling fan bulb is too dark at night. Funny thing is room gets so much light, that we never turn on the light in there unless it is after dark.

Awesome! You guys look great! :lovestruc

Hahaha... Tell me about itl I could use a few hours every now and then. ::yes::

Thank you....

Your crown molding turned out really great! I know - isn't it funny, you do one thing, then you notice all of these other things that need to be done. LOL It's a huge snowball! I am surprised at how much I enjoy it though. ::yes:: Have fun hunting for a new light fixture. :woohoo:

Good luck with your crazy day! So cute that you and Allison were twinning.

Thanks! It was a crazy day - but I was able to get everything done, and more than I needed too - so that was a relief! Sometimes I even surprise myself. :lmao:

I know - I thought it was cute... However, odds are pretty good that we will, since we have a lot of the same/similar clothes this season. ::yes::

I've been checking in every day, but I haven't been writing.

I love how the dining set looks! I wish I was more handy.

I knew I would have to wait for an answer on this job, but now that it's been a week, it's wearing on me. It's hard not to automatically interpret no news as bad news (especially after the past several months) even though I know the owner is on vacation this week. If I don't hear something on Monday, I've going to have to call on Tuesday for the sake of my sanity!

It's so great to see Allison bonding with Lara. I mostly grew up far away from my cousins, so when I moved for college it was great to live close to 2 of my cousins and to be close when the last 2 were born. Living with my grandparents my first few years of college was good and bad, but the family dinners we had every Sunday were one of my favorite things ever!

My parents took the girls last night for a 3 night sleep over at their house! I can't even say how great it was to sleep in my own bed all night for a change :) I think Bennie and I will do a date night tomorrow, I've had a hair appointment scheduled for ages and if I reschedule it will be the end of August before I can get in. Not exactly what I had in mind for our kid free time.

Hope you have a great day!

Thank you - I am very happy to have it finished... I am still undecided about painting the other chairs... I really *should*, but I am in no hurry.

Sending pixie dust for you on that job - I sure hope you hear something soon, as waiting is so hard! :hug:

Yes - I think it's so good for her to spend this time with family - there will be a very special bond there, more so than there was... it's so fun to see their relationship growing... and it's so fun for me to be so "involved" a world away. :lovestruc

Fun!!! I hope you had a great night's sleep! Enjoy your hair appointment too... I am in desperate need, I need to call my stylist to see if I can get in - she just had a baby back in June, and I didn't realize I didn't have any more appointments scheduled - I usually have them scheduled out a year in advance... So, I need to try and get in soon... I am starting to get desperate - but my cheapness is kicking in. LOL So, do I want gray roots? Or would I rather spend the $ on my hair? :scratchin LOL

Thanks - you too! :lovestruc

Glad she was able to grab it all. you and A look adorable talking to each other..
So it's been a month and your still not over here?
Fine. I made the kids scrub walls and floors. ALL YOUR FAULT!

anyway. Quit slacking and get to work will you please?

Yes - it was nice... Postage over there is always so expensive... If she needs anything else though - I'll have to bite the bullet and send it, because there is no one left over here that's going that direction.

I know... I've been terribly busy... I sooooo want to come, my friend. :hug: Just a weekend - it would be nice to get away... Maybe I'll pack up V and we'll do a road trip?

Hahaha.... Yes - blame me! :lovestruc Love those Midgets!

Hahaha... Love you Mo-Mo... Miss you so much!!!! :hug:

I love the table, bench and chairs. You are doing a great job. So glad Allison is having a great trip. It is such an awesome opportunity for her. I saw Vs' drawing on your facebook page! She has so much talent. The pictures are just beautiful! Hope she is able to meet her ticket goal. Have a great day!

Thanks! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I am so happy with how the set turned out. I still need to decide if I am going to paint the other two chairs - I really should, but I am in no hurry to do it... Now that we have the bench - we have seating for 4, and that's all we need at the moment. ::yes::

I know - it's so fun to see her enjoying herself and bonding with her cousins. :lovestruc I am a lot jealous - but I will get my turn in a few years. ::yes::

Thanks - I am so proud of her, I cannot believe the talent she has... I also hope she does well - as we really want to go to MNSSHP. LOL

Love to see your home improvement projects. We completed our kitchen 2 years ago and that was major. And now we have a bathroom near completion. It seems like we always have something that needs fixing around here. I have looked into SOG a little bit and it looks great. What do you do for park tickets? Can you still use magic bands?

Thanks! I love sharing them - it makes it so much more worthwhile to me, if people actually see what's done. LOL I've heard that bathrooms are terrible to do... I am not looking forward to doing that project, but I am looking forward to having it done... I have lots of ideas. :scratchin I know the feeling though... As a home owner, there is always a project!

Well, for park tickets... This year, I have an AP - so I am taken care of. For V, we will be doing a parkhopper Salute Ticket... That's 4 days of park hopping... Also, we will get an extra MK day, because we plan to do MNSSHP... And then we will have a day at Universal, as well. That leaves us 2.5 days off, plus our arrival and departure days... So, just enough relaxation, along with just enough craziness. ::yes::

*********************************************************************************************

Oh you guys... I am so proud of myself... I don't say that often. ::yes::

Yesterday - I lifted weights... This is huge, because - recently - I have not been able to do 2 consecutive weeks in a row of heavy lifting... So, yesterday completed my 2 weeks in a row of heavy lifting. I told myself, once I completed that, I would be able to start adding weight back on my bar. I am looking forward to that next week. ::yes:: I have also been diligent about tracking my food on MFP for the last 2 weeks - and you all know how much I enjoy that... :scratchin I am finally starting to feel better about how things are going... Half of this battle, as we all know, is mental - and just getting over the hurdle sometimes, and finding the right mentality is the hardest part... I feel like I am getting there and getting back to where I need to be. It feels really good.

I was upstairs and working very early - I had a lot I had to get done in a short amount of time... Thankfully, I put my nose to the grind stone, and not only was I able to get done what I needed to get done - but I was also able to work ahead... I am still behind what I would like to be, but I am further ahead than I intended. Did that make sense? LOL Whatever - I am still thankful.

I took V to work, then I rushed home, got ready and ran out the door... cooler bags in hand. I stopped at Aldi to grab produce only... lots of berries (my favorite), and some great veggies too - I just love this time of year. Then I stopped at BFF's house and we went to the farmers market together... Which rounded off my purchase at Aldi... Setting myself up for major success this week! :woohoo: I pinned a couple of new recipes the other night that I want to try... Now I need to make room in my fridge. LOL

I went to my appointment - which went well... Then I picked V up from work.

I came home - did some food prep and made dinner.

Then I was lazy all night... We watched the 3rd PoTC, but I dozed on and off. ::yes:: It's so nice to have our DVD player hooked up again.

Today... Yikes - it's almost as crazy as yesterday was... I honestly don't think I will get to work upstairs at all? We'll see? I have some business stuff to attend to this morning... Then I have errands to run later in the morning... Then I have to take V to work... Josh and I have the night to ourselves... If it's nice, I am thinking steaks on the grill? :scratchin Yummy! ::yes:: That's about all!

I hope you all have a fantastic day and weekend! I am hoping to have some nice Disney updates for you all next week - so keep your eyes open for that. Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

I'm so glad you were able to get so much done yesterday! Yea! An Aldi recently opened near us and I just went for the first time last week. Much better prices on produce and bottled water, in general, than the grocery store I usually use, so that was nice. I'll be adding Aldi to my regular grocery shopping trips.

Good for you on the heavy lifting and tracking in MFP!

My trip is getting closer and I'm starting to think more about outfits. On the last trip I generally wore my typical Disney "uniform" in the mornings (lightweight white shirt, but instead of khaki shorts I wore knit A-line skirts that were much more comfortable), and then switched to a Disney t-shirt in the late afternoon/evening after our resort break. I'm not sure if I'll do the same this time or just go with Disney t-shirts the entire time since I have enough for two per day (and then some)....LOL..... I know one day will be a white shirt with my blue and white polka dotted skirt. Gotta represent Donald! :-)

Hello my frantic friend!!!

as for this:
I know... I've been terribly busy... I sooooo want to come, my friend. :hug: Just a weekend - it would be nice to get away... Maybe I'll pack up V and we'll do a road trip?

Tomorrow is our block party.. Want to see FUN??? I think you need to jump in and come by this weekend! WAY FUN! and i'm off all weekend!

Yesterday - I lifted weights... This is huge, because - recently - I have not been able to do 2 consecutive weeks in a row of heavy lifting... So, yesterday completed my 2 weeks in a row of heavy lifting. I told myself, once I completed that, I would be able to start adding weight back on my bar. I am looking forward to that next week. ::yes:: I have also been diligent about tracking my food on MFP for the last 2 weeks - and you all know how much I enjoy that... :scratchin I am finally starting to feel better about how things are going... Half of this battle, as we all know, is mental - and just getting over the hurdle sometimes, and finding the right mentality is the hardest part... I feel like I am getting there and getting back to where I need to be. It feels really good.
Great job!! You just needed to get back into a routine after all the craziness the last few months. Food tracking stinks, but I understand the necessity of it. Keep up the good work!

How great that you have been able to do 2 consecutive weeks in a row of heavy lifting :)

YAY for getting a lot done in your sewing room :woohoo:

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday getting a lot done.

Steak on the frill sounds yummy :)

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I took Esmeralda to the vet for the last time. It's so empty in my house now. :sad: She is now laying peacefully beside my other two cats, my sisters two cats and my dad's dog's urn.

So wonderful to hear that you are in such a positive mindset! Mind over matter I think most of a healthy lifestyle is mental! Woooooohooooo :love:

Love getting back into routine. So glad you were able to get your lifting done and get the supplies needed to stay on track.

Mom is doing well. Some days she is more tired and naps; other days she moves herself right along. She is not allowing this to stop her and she is not slowing down (goes only as far as her body will let her).

Have a wonderful weekend!

I'm so glad you were able to get so much done yesterday! Yea! An Aldi recently opened near us and I just went for the first time last week. Much better prices on produce and bottled water, in general, than the grocery store I usually use, so that was nice. I'll be adding Aldi to my regular grocery shopping trips.

Good for you on the heavy lifting and tracking in MFP!

My trip is getting closer and I'm starting to think more about outfits. On the last trip I generally wore my typical Disney "uniform" in the mornings (lightweight white shirt, but instead of khaki shorts I wore knit A-line skirts that were much more comfortable), and then switched to a Disney t-shirt in the late afternoon/evening after our resort break. I'm not sure if I'll do the same this time or just go with Disney t-shirts the entire time since I have enough for two per day (and then some)....LOL..... I know one day will be a white shirt with my blue and white polka dotted skirt. Gotta represent Donald! :-)

Yes, me too - it was such a relief! I love Aldi so much - it's such a great store... I would not be able to afford much produce on our grocery budget - so Aldi makes it much easier for my family. I wish I could afford more organic, but I will take what I can get. :lovestruc I wish it wasn't so far away for us, but I guess it really isn't too bad, it's just in a different direction. LOL

It feels great to be back on track! :woohoo:

Yay!!! I love planning Disney outfits! You are going to be so adorable! I made a list of my outfit plans last night, and I am trying to figure out how I want to dress while I am down there... It's kind of a difficult time of the year. :scratchin I've been able to restock most of my outfits, to give myself a few new items... I am always on the look out for good basic solid color items, that go with my themes. ::yes:: I would LOVE to find royal blue with white dot leggings though... Kind of my holy grail in clothing... I know I can make my own, but IMO - I don't think that my knit items are exactly the best quality. LOL I wish I had the time/effort to make myself some new accessories for this trip - but I just don't think it will happen. We'll see... :scratchin I still want to make myself a Chip & Dale bag in the worst way... I love those guys! ::yes::

Hello my frantic friend!!!

as for this:

Tomorrow is our block party.. Want to see FUN??? I think you need to jump in and come by this weekend! WAY FUN! and i'm off all weekend!

Hello - yes, I have been terribly frantic... You know this, and I love you for it. :hug:

Sounds like fun - I wish I could come THIS weekend, but I cannot... And not next weekend... but maybe after that? :scratchin

Great job!! You just needed to get back into a routine after all the craziness the last few months. Food tracking stinks, but I understand the necessity of it. Keep up the good work!

Thanks - yes, I know, that is half the battle... Routine and food prep. LOL Thanks so much! :lovestruc

How great that you have been able to do 2 consecutive weeks in a row of heavy lifting :)

YAY for getting a lot done in your sewing room

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday getting a lot done.

Steak on the frill sounds yummy

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I took Esmeralda to the vet for the last time. It's so empty in my house now. :sad: She is now laying peacefully beside my other two cats, my sisters two cats and my dad's dog's urn.

Thanks Lillian...

Awwww... I am so very sorry Lillian... I know how very difficult it is to lose a pet, my heart is with you as you begin to heal. Sending out hugs to you my friend. :hug:

So wonderful to hear that you are in such a positive mindset! Mind over matter I think most of a healthy lifestyle is mental! Woooooohooooo

Thanks... It's been pretty difficult this time, but I am just trying to go back to it, slow and easy. ::yes::

Love getting back into routine. So glad you were able to get your lifting done and get the supplies needed to stay on track.

Mom is doing well. Some days she is more tired and naps; other days she moves herself right along. She is not allowing this to stop her and she is not slowing down (goes only as far as her body will let her).

Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks... It's been so much harder this time... but as long as I don't give up - right?

I am glad to hear that your mom is doing well, and she is taking the time she needs to to heal and get better. :hug:

Thanks - same to you!

********************************************************************************************************

Well....

I worked out yesterday morning - it was a good work out.

Then I had to attend to some business stuff... That also went well.

I just had to get out of the house yesterday though - I had some things going on, and it's just easier on me if I don't have to be preoccupied with it... So, V and I ditched work and went out for lunch. ::yes:: Chipotle... YUM! I can't get enough of it lately. Then wee did a bit of shopping at Target...

I came home - took a short nap and went back to work for a while. I was super happy with my progress yesterday... I actually plan to get up there early this morning and finish up this week's order... This person leaves shortly - and I am hoping this one makes it on time... Gonna do my best. ::yes::

Josh and I also went out for dinner last night... Mexican... LOL I suppose, you guys have no idea what my favorite food is right? :lmao: It was delicious and we had a good time.

Today - as I said, I am going to work for a while this morning... Finish up this week's order... Then I have all weekend to play. I may have found a hutch... I sent an email last night to see if it's still available... If it is, Josh and i may run this afternoon to see it. Soooo - I might just end up doing some prepping of a China hutch this weekend? :scratchin We'll see...

I hope you all have a great day! Sending pIxie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

I know how it feels to be back on track - it feels good! It's definitely a mental thing. In Jan. I had blood work done and my cholesterol numbers were too high! Rather than give up and go on meds, I decided to get serious with diet/exercise. Fast forward to July I've lost 30 lbs. and my weight is back in the normal range BUT my cholesterol only went down a couple points :confused3 Still glad I lost the extra pounds and I'm determined not to go back to my old ways. Keep up the good work!

To answer your Southwest question - I rebooked one leg of a flight to get the lower fare so had a credit coming that I could use 1 year from the date the original air fare was booked. When I went in to book another trip, on the payment screen it gives you the option to use the fare credit - I had to enter the flight confirmation ID from the original flight. Then I just had to pay the difference - it was very easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter