They would have to pay me $ to eat at...

Yak & Yeti. The latex glove tip didn't mix well with the food. :sick: The manager didn't do enough to make it right. You couldn't pay us to return.

You also couldn't pay me to dine at Sci-Fi. To be fair, we have never eaten here, but there is somethng about row-seating in the dark staring at a movie screen and the back of peoples' heads that is a huge turn-off for me. I just don't get it! :confused3

I hated WCC; the rest of my family didn't care for it much, but my response when I think of this place is a visceral YUCK! We will probably give it another try when we (eventually) stay at WL again, but DH will really have to twist my arm to sacrifice one of my other dinners to eat here...maybe I'd be happier with lunch? At any rate, never the skillet again!

Yak & Yeti. The latex glove tip didn't mix well with the food. :sick: The manager didn't do enough to make it right. You couldn't pay us to return.

You also couldn't pay me to dine at Sci-Fi. To be fair, we have never eaten here, but there is somethng about row-seating in the dark staring at a movie screen and the back of peoples' heads that is a huge turn-off for me. I just don't get it! :confused3

I hated WCC; the rest of my family didn't care for it much, but my response when I think of this place is a visceral YUCK! We will probably give it another try when we (eventually) stay at WL again, but DH will really have to twist my arm to sacrifice one of my other dinners to eat here...maybe I'd be happier with lunch? At any rate, never the skillet again!

Actually the way it's configured you don't look over people's heads at all unless you're in the back of your own car, even then it's not bad and it's not all that dark. I'd say give it a try and see if you're ever around the area..might be surprised :love:

That is a great reason to never go back even if someone paid you to go. :eek: Thank you for providing the details.

I feel bad saying Marrakesh or Coral Reef as it's been so long (and I mean LONG) since we've eaten at either...but the first experiences were bad enough that even menu changes wouldn't bring us back. i.e. so scared, I'd never waste my time even if paid to do so.

In more modern experiences...Tusker House breakfast and Chef Mickey's dinner are in a tie for the worst food we've had at WDW.

All of these negative Tony's stories really have me scared. :scared: I was feeling better about it after the thread I posted last week, but now I'm worried again. I really have no choice on this one - I think only a conflicting BoG adr would get me out of this one. I'm just going to try and not look at it as Italian food as I grew up in a predominantly Italian town and I'm quite particular about my food.

I ate at Tony's a couple weeks ago and it was my first time. I followed the advice of others here at the DIS and tried to avoid the marinara sauce. I got Tony's flatbread. It was not too bad. Apparently the base sauce is a roasted red pepper sauce. It wasn't the most amazing thing, but it wasn't horrible either.

Later on in the trip I did come across marinara sauce at a different restaurant and yeah, it was really really NOT good.

i just can't complain

:thumbsup2 I feel the same way - read this thread completely and can't believe all the negative feelings about the food and restaurants. Two of our favorites keep cropping up on the "terrible" list - Ohanas and Crystal Palace. We have eaten at those almost every trip, some more than once and have never had a bad meal or experience. Maybe our reservations will be a little easier to get for our trip in early Dec. :lmao: There sure are a lot of people that almost kill themselves for ressies ;) for them to be so terrible :eek: We can always find food we like no matter which restaurant we eat at - have never complained at any of them. Life's too short to spend it complaining :sad2:

I'll agree with Mama Melrose's pathetic excuse for a pasta sauce. I'm the worst cook in the world and could do better than that.

My number one awful place is, believe it or not, The Hollywood Brown Derby. My steak was overcooked (cooking a steak to rare is NOT that hard) twice; the salad was bland and the service was atrocious. Absolutely awful.

AKERSHUS!!!!!

We have tried it for breakfas, lunch, and dinner and just cannot stomach the food there. Breakfast is not too bad, but the dinner and lunch was horrible. :sick: And I would like to throw in that I am a pretty adventorous eater.

We are foodies...and the worst meal we have ever had on 10+ trips was Ohana.

Overcooked shell-ON shrimp (and it was impossible to get the shell off), touch dumplings, DRY meat, slooooow service. It was just awful. We'll never be back...

Interesting that we all love/hate something different. A previous poster asked why Ohanas? We had a decent food experience there and the bread pudding for dessert was fabulous but it is SO LOUD in there. I just don't do noise all that well and neither does my son so it definately left this one a once and done for us. However, the WORST dining experience we have every had on Disney property was at Shutters at Carribean Beach Resort. Just awful. Restaurant was almost empty and yet the service was super slow and we barely saw our server and there was dirty dishes, etc on a lot of the empty tables (unappetizing to look at - bus the tables for petes sake). I could have forgiven all this if the food was even the slightest bit edible. I had ribs that tasted like hand lotion and my son had a steak that was so tough we could have cut it into strips and made rope out of it. Yuck :sick:

For us it's pretty much all of the restaurants in MK. CRT is not worth it, Tony's was terrible (maybe this is because we are from NJ and every Italian restaurant here is good, we aren't impressed with the establishments in the Italy pavilion either), and so was The Crystal Palace. DW and I have been saying since they introduced the dining plan; that they really need more restaurants and to step them up in MK because they are really bad!

The easiest answer is pizza planet...

But there are others:
Planet Hollywood is awful...good reason that the west side is the only one left...ON EARTH.

Tony's is generally bad...though we actually had a halfway decent meal there not too long ago...you have to know what not to order - basically anything that is made with pasta

Nine dragons is awful...in everyway

The Mexican restaurant aren't bad...but they are horribly overpriced and that makes them bad experiences.

Hollywood and vine...bad

Chef mickeys, cinderellas, and liberty tree all have kinda iffy food

...rainforest Cafes are take it or leave it everywhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter