These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

The Streetmosphere acts are so fun.
Too bad the server was off. Makes a meal bad. Nice price for it though.
Looks like fun times at DHS. Can’t wait to see the room and view.

I'm hopeful that Cortlyn will want to ride TOT! She can get really scared about dark places… but Momma wants a ride buddy! I know she would love the drop- but the ride UP would freak her out. :guilty:

I'm a little bit obsessed with The Muppets! I love that show, but I really love the building too! I've yet to remember to look for the key. Next time!
I'm glad Em got over her ToT fear! Not sure if I will ever get over mine.
I can't wait to see your new room!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It took me & DS about 3 years before we rode ToT. Once we did we loved it!!! I still hold onto the bars though. (Can't help it).

Muppets is DH's favorite. A must do for him. I like it ok and just relax.

Anxious to see that view!!

Haha, come to think of it I'm actually surprised they DON'T pipe in smells on Streets of America. Can you imagine the guest complaints on that one??

Hmmmm, not sure if I'm walking into a trap, but here goes. Hollywood Tower Hotel is the building itself, but the ride is Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I love the sign at the ride entrance at night and how it changes. It's kind of like the Great Movie Ride is in the Chinese Theatre. Of course, if this was a rhetorical question, I just looked stupid. :lmao: On the bright side, it wouldn't be the first time. ;)

Given that you are moving into BLT, I don't think anyone could criticize leaving at 3:30. I can't wait to see the view. :hyper:

MuppetVision is hilarious! I love that some of the humor is a little more gauged toward adults.

My understanding is that the hotel itself is called the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The ride/story/etc. is called the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (and takes place instead the hotel.)

Hmmmm, not sure if I'm walking into a trap, but here goes. Hollywood Tower Hotel is the building itself, but the ride is Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I love the sign at the ride entrance at night and how it changes. It's kind of like the Great Movie Ride is in the Chinese Theatre. Of course, if this was a rhetorical question, I just looked stupid. :lmao: On the bright side, it wouldn't be the first time. ;)
I hope it's not a rhetorical question, because I agree with your explanation. :laughing: The Hollywood Tower Hotel is the name of the 'real' hotel that was once one of the glitziest places to stay in Hollywood (before it was abandoned). The attraction itself is supposed to feel you're walking into a Twilight Zone episode, which is why it's the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. :)

I've seen that map before! I think it's behind the tip board - a perfect thematic touch for Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard. :goodvibes

Great trip report---I'm so enjoying it and still blown away by your room at the Yacht Club! Can't wait to see your room at BLT!! I want to stay there some time. And btw, I still haven't gone on TOT-- I'm a bit of a wimp, maybe next time?!

Beautiful as always. You don't look nearly terrified enough on the Tower of Terror. In fact, I think the drop is giving your hair a lovely boost! Looking forward to seeing the BLT - we are going to try to get at least one night there on our next trip. :)

After lunch we thought we'd check the stand-by line for Toy Story Mania but it was just under an hour so we passed once more. Instead we went to the Streets of America to have some fun. I have never paid attention to the city-scape sound-track that is played. Trucks, buses, and cars, it was all so fascinating. They need to pipe in some city smells like truck exhaust and garbage - that would be authentic!

:rotfl2:

I've never noticed the soundtrack either, will have to look out for it!

We walked back over to Hollywood and Sunset and I just happened to notice the map of the lines of the Union Pacific Railroad&. It has a map of our home town! Theres our city right by the beach! We are on a map at DHS! How cool.

How fun is that!

Where were we headed?? Only one of the BEST rides at WDW! None other than the Hollywood Tower Hotel! I need the Disers to help me here....why does the park map say The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror but the attraction says Hollywood Tower Hotel? One of lifes mysteries.

You are full of good trivia today :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing your lake view!

Wed. February 27, 2013: Day 5, Part 5

We walked back over to Hollywood and Sunset and I just happened to notice the map of the lines of the Union Pacific Railroad&. It has a map of our home town! Theres our city right by the beach! We are on a map at DHS! How cool.

Zooming in to the California Coast
DSC00957.jpg

How cool to discover your hometown on a map at WDW! My oldest brother and his family lived in Seal Beach for a few years in the early 1960's. My mother & I flew out to spend a week with them 1 month in the summer of 1962. I loved it out there despite complaining about being away from my boyfriend for an entire month. To all the young folks reading this, that was in ancient days prior to cell phones, Emails and texting. Even using the phone for extended long distance calls was a bit too expensive for our modest means. But besides the luxury of taking my two nephews and niece to the beach nearly every afternoon I had my first visit to Disneyland!

Streets of America, how I love thee! You are brave souls, smiling through the tower of terror. I'm too much of a scaredy cat to ride that more than once.

I think the reason they are called two different things on the map/in person is because on the map they want to give you the name of the attraction itself, while in person its more cohesive with the theming and the enigma is there. You're not sure what you're getting yourself into. You know it looks eerie and like you should probably be moving as far away from it as you can, and yet that mystery and good ol' human curiosity draws you in. If they plastered "Tower of Terror" on the front of the hotel then everyone would already know that they were about to experience something of that nature. While it would probably keep the wait times down, it would also take away from the intention of the experience and the buildup.

DISNEY PHILOSOPHY RIGHT THERE. If only that were a career. I'd be all over that.

Also, LOVE Emmy's Little Mermaid shirt! Ariel is the best. :thumbsup2

We haven't explored the Streets of America much. I really need to do that as it's such a neat atmosphere. :thumbsup2

Your ToT picture is hilarious actually. Two pretty girls on a terrifying ride, just smiling away. ha! :rotfl:

Loved those DHS pics- that's the park that I've explored the least. It's always so hot there!

I can't decide which ToT I like more- the CA Adv or DHS version. I may be leaning towards the CA Adv version surprisingly enough, since you're always guaranteed multiple full drops. Sometimes I only get several half drops on the DHS version!

The Streetmosphere acts are so fun.
Too bad the server was off. Makes a meal bad. Nice price for it though.
Looks like fun times at DHS. Can’t wait to see the room and view.

Hey Scott! Where else can you get such funny antics at no additional cost??

Just for you, I'll give you a preview of our room.. It had 4 walls, a door, and a closet! :lmao:

I'm hopeful that Cortlyn will want to ride TOT! She can get really scared about dark places… but Momma wants a ride buddy! I know she would love the drop- but the ride UP would freak her out. :guilty:

I keep forgetting how scary ToT can be for little ones... I should just go back 8 years to remember what Em thought of the ride. Yeah, I was a bad mom!

I'm a little bit obsessed with The Muppets! I love that show, but I really love the building too! I've yet to remember to look for the key. Next time!
I'm glad Em got over her ToT fear! Not sure if I will ever get over mine.
I can't wait to see your new room!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have to remember to look for the key next time too!

So you don't like the feeling of falling 8 stories?? I love looking out the "hotel windows" and see the park landmarks! :)

It took me & DS about 3 years before we rode ToT. Once we did we loved it!!! I still hold onto the bars though. (Can't help it).

Muppets is DH's favorite. A must do for him. I like it ok and just relax.

Anxious to see that view!!

Aside from the cool ride, I love the theming in the hotel lobby. I want to sneak beyond the ropes to snoop but I'm pretty much a "by the rules" type of person so that would never happen!

Muppets is also a great nap location!

Haha, come to think of it I'm actually surprised they DON'T pipe in smells on Streets of America. Can you imagine the guest complaints on that one??

Given that you are moving into BLT, I don't think anyone could criticize leaving at 3:30. I can't wait to see the view. :hyper:

I vote for the authentic smells! Here's an idea, they could have street food vendors with carts to sell hot dogs. Mmmm more food ideas....

Thanks for your explanation. Makes sense to me that the hotel name would be on the attraction.

Ha! What if I said that we were leaving early because we had to have tea with Mickey and the princesses in the castle?? :rolleyes: Ok, I lie!

Love the pics! :goodvibes

Thanks Wii!

MuppetVision is hilarious! I love that some of the humor is a little more gauged toward adults.

My understanding is that the hotel itself is called the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The ride/story/etc. is called the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (and takes place instead the hotel.)

Agreed! There's a great mix of juvenile and adult humor for Muppets 3D!

See, another smarter person than me!! Makes sense that the hotel is called Hollywood Tower Hotel.

I hope it's not a rhetorical question, because I agree with your explanation. :laughing: The Hollywood Tower Hotel is the name of the 'real' hotel that was once one of the glitziest places to stay in Hollywood (before it was abandoned). The attraction itself is supposed to feel you're walking into a Twilight Zone episode, which is why it's the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. :)

I've seen that map before! I think it's behind the tip board - a perfect thematic touch for Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard. :goodvibes

You guys are all way smarter than me! Mr. DDW, your current DR/TR has more trivia and information for both parks than I will ever know. If anyone wishes to get some Disney schooling completed with an entertaining TR/DR, see here.

Yes, that's where that map is located. :) I typically place it at only 50 steps away from Sweet Spells where I get those delicious carrot cake cookies!!

Great trip report---I'm so enjoying it and still blown away by your room at the Yacht Club! Can't wait to see your room at BLT!! I want to stay there some time. And btw, I still haven't gone on TOT-- I'm a bit of a wimp, maybe next time?!

Hi there PolyLover!! Thank you so much! I'm glad you are reading.

Yes, the YC had a very unexpected but awesome surprise. :)

Beautiful as always. You don't look nearly terrified enough on the Tower of Terror. In fact, I think the drop is giving your hair a lovely boost! Looking forward to seeing the BLT - we are going to try to get at least one night there on our next trip. :)

Hi Alysa! Ha, we went for the glam look on the ride I guess!

I hope you love BLT if you make it there next trip. It is awesome to be so close to MK!

:rotfl2:

I've never noticed the soundtrack either, will have to look out for it!

How fun is that!

You are full of good trivia today :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing your lake view!

Hi Cynthia! The one day I was actually observant! ;) Checking into BLT soon...

How cool to discover your hometown on a map at WDW! My oldest brother and his family lived in Seal Beach for a few years in the early 1960's. My mother & I flew out to spend a week with them 1 month in the summer of 1962. I loved it out there despite complaining about being away from my boyfriend for an entire month. To all the young folks reading this, that was in ancient days prior to cell phones, Emails and texting. Even using the phone for extended long distance calls was a bit too expensive for our modest means. But besides the luxury of taking my two nephews and niece to the beach nearly every afternoon I had my first visit to Disneyland!

Hi Kathy! Seal Beach is about 20 minutes north of us but it is a lovely beach-side town. What great memories since it was your first trip to DL!!

I remember long distance calls, and pay phones that cost a dime (later a quarter)... those were the days when were not worried about checking for messages and calls every 5 minutes. :)

Streets of America, how I love thee! You are brave souls, smiling through the tower of terror. I'm too much of a scaredy cat to ride that more than once.

Another fan for Streets of America!!!

At least you have ridden ToT. Once counts! :)

I think the reason they are called two different things on the map/in person is because on the map they want to give you the name of the attraction itself, while in person its more cohesive with the theming and the enigma is there. You're not sure what you're getting yourself into. You know it looks eerie and like you should probably be moving as far away from it as you can, and yet that mystery and good ol' human curiosity draws you in. If they plastered "Tower of Terror" on the front of the hotel then everyone would already know that they were about to experience something of that nature. While it would probably keep the wait times down, it would also take away from the intention of the experience and the buildup.

DISNEY PHILOSOPHY RIGHT THERE. If only that were a career. I'd be all over that.

Also, LOVE Emmy's Little Mermaid shirt! Ariel is the best. :thumbsup2

Hi Kristen! Another great explanation for the ToT name. I love the way you explain that it sucks you in and in your innocence you don't know that you are being transported to another dimension. Going with your ideas.. I want DHS to place signs that say, "You may have a heart attack from freight for this ride" so it would definitely keep the wait times down. I'm evil like that! ;)

Em loves Ariel too!!

We haven't explored the Streets of America much. I really need to do that as it's such a neat atmosphere. :thumbsup2

Your ToT picture is hilarious actually. Two pretty girls on a terrifying ride, just smiling away. ha! :rotfl:

Hi Kelli! YES!! You need to explore the Streets of America next time!

Ha! We are pretty much hams for that photo!

Loved those DHS pics- that's the park that I've explored the least. It's always so hot there!

I can't decide which ToT I like more- the CA Adv or DHS version. I may be leaning towards the CA Adv version surprisingly enough, since you're always guaranteed multiple full drops. Sometimes I only get several half drops on the DHS version!

Hi there! I associate DHS with rain! We seem to have had the worst thunder storms there.

I'm a huge fan of full drops!! But I also like the pre-drop story and experience better at DHS. Heck, I just love the ride. :thumbsup2

Nice day at HS!

I love all of the pictures of you and Em. You are both very photogenic!

I should really try to get pictures with each of my boys. Ben, I think would go along with it, but Nate will be a difficult subject. Also tough since I am the one behind the camera. Mark will take pictures if I ask, but that is always an ordeal. I asked him to take a picture of me in Mexico. Handed over the camera and he said "There's something wrong with it! The screen is dark!" He was wearing sunglasses! :cool2:

What great interactions with the Streetmosphere characters. I bet Ben would love that!

I enjoyed reading about your meal at Sci Fi. We have a reservation there for our upcoming trip. Mark and I were just discussing today that we would probably share a burger. Plenty of food!

Muppets rock!!!

I love that you found your town on a map at Disney! Tres cool!

Glad Em enjoys ToT now. Ben didn't love it on our last trip (2010), but I'm hoping he will have grown into it next month.

Nice day at HS!

I love all of the pictures of you and Em. You are both very photogenic!

Thanks but since I post the photos I have editorial rights! ;)

I should really try to get pictures with each of my boys. Ben, I think would go along with it, but Nate will be a difficult subject. Also tough since I am the one behind the camera. Mark will take pictures if I ask, but that is always an ordeal. I asked him to take a picture of me in Mexico. Handed over the camera and he said "There's something wrong with it! The screen is dark!" He was wearing sunglasses! :cool2:

Ha! I remember you wanting that mother/son photo from the school trip but alas the photo bomber! That's too funny about Mark and the camera. :rotfl2:

What great interactions with the Streetmosphere characters. I bet Ben would love that!

I enjoyed reading about your meal at Sci Fi. We have a reservation there for our upcoming trip. Mark and I were just discussing today that we would probably share a burger. Plenty of food!

I think you'll like it. Especially if you get dessert or apps, it is more than enough to split.

Muppets rock!!!

Agreed!!

I love that you found your town on a map at Disney! Tres cool!

Glad Em enjoys ToT now. Ben didn't love it on our last trip (2010), but I'm hoping he will have grown into it next month.
Maybe after 3 years he will now see how FUN it is!

Hi Dee! Enjoy your final countdown to your trip in less than 4 weeks!

Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter