Theresa & Scott's AtHome PJ 9-19-09 UPDATED-Trip Report Started 9/30/09

arbolita

DIS Veteran
Alright, I'm doing it! While I start getting things together on here, entertain yourselves with my webpage Bio that I made for TheKnot, which you can find in my siggy =)

Edited to Add:

This is me! Now you finally have a face to put with these posts!
23rs3us.jpg

Okay! So here's a little background on us!

n15201742_9527.jpg

Bride - ME! Theresa, but known to most people as Tree. I'll be turning 24 in two weeks, I work at the same place I went to college, and I LOVE IT!

Groom - Scott. He's 34, worked for awhile as a DJ at what used to be one of the largest radio stations in the area, now is an IT/Tech guy.

How we met: We both posted on a local music message board, and when Snakes on a Plane was coming out, a board meet-up was planned. Nearly everyone backed out at the last minute, but Scott and I messaged each other and decided to go anyways! We've became "official" about a month and a half later, but we use the day we met as our anniversary =)

The Proposal: Scott and I hadn't taken a vacation, aside from a short weekend trip to the beach right around the time we began dating, so earlier this year, we decided to go to Orlando! Scott was excited to go to Disney for Star Wars weekend, and I had not been since 1990, along with never having been to Universal Studios, which Scott loves. We were there for 3 days, and on the last day of our trip, on the Jaws ride at Universal Studios, he popped the question! (This is the short version - the long version with the explanation of WHY he did it on the Jaws ride can be found in my bio!)

What we've done so far:

- Found our reception site:
ohfront2.jpg

- Found my dress!
4045508.jpg

- Found my shoes!
4360861.jpg

- Picked our colors:
173-WHIT-dts.jpg
173-HUNT-dts.jpg
364-BLAC-dts.jpg
201-AMTY-dts.jpg

- Have my make-up person
- Picked our Bridesmaids and Groomsmen and had the bridesmaids start looking at dress styles
- Put down my deposit on the Disneymoon!! We're staying at CSR from September 22-29
- Mostly know the guest list - We're going to be somewhere between 100 and 150

What we're working on now:
- Making a website for my bridesmaids so they can learn a bit more about each other and keep updated with where I am in the planning process
- Researching photographers and ceremony sites - the plan is to have each of these, along with the DJ, booked by the 10-month mark
- Menu selections
- Get a hotel block for out-of-town guests
- Centerpiece ideas/layouts
- Picking where we want to go for our ADRs

Basically at this point, I have lots of ideas and not much done! The past month has flown by, so I'm starting to feel the pressure a bit!

Posting a few more pics

This was the first pic I took of my ring! In the Orlando airport, haha
IMG_0369-full.jpg

Detailing on the dress
013_sec02.jpg

013_sec04.jpg

013_sec05.jpg

All my bridesmaids are being allowed to pick their own dresses, with me choosing the color, length, designer and fabric, giving them about 25 different dresses to choose from. Here's some of the ones they've picked:
BL-HUNT.jpg
6521-HUNT-dts.jpg
HUNT.jpg

I love this bouquet and will probably be doing something very similar for mine:
2958918439_f04254ac32.jpg

Thanks! it's Essense of Australia, style D750

It's going to be my christmas gift from my parents, so I think sometime mid-September is when we're going to go and order it - I can't wait!

First off, you have a GREAT name, i'm another Theresa! we even spell it the same!!! :laughing: Although, I often go by, Reese or Reesie, depending on the person!
Secondly, I love your colors! They are beautiful! Your dress is gorgeous! I love the details on it! Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

your dress detailing is absolutely beautiful! I like the candle holders too! Thanks for sharing looking forward to hearing more!:goodvibes

Soooo after a several month break from posting (but still lots of lurking) I'm back with a TON of updates.

Since I was last here, a lot has happened!

We've booked our photographer, DJ and cupcake person, my dress has arrived (!!!! - I have my first fitting the 17th!) and finally gone dress shopping with my bridesmaids. I wound up adding my two cousins to the bridal party after some arm-twisting by my mom, but I am happy to have them there.

Some picture updates =)

Ceremony Site
2811538.jpg

317041.jpg

Bridesmaids dresses:

I was going to let them all pick their own dress, but after shopping, they all decided they like the same one!
5275403.jpg

It's an Alexia 2618 - half will be wearing hunter green, half will be wearing grape.

Hair Inspiration
114370.jpeg

8373379.jpeg

Now I just need to find a hair clip to wear with it.

I still like the initial bouquet I posted, but I think the primary flowers will be tulips, and the bridesmaids bouquets will be all white tulips
large_image.jpg

Our centerpieces are going to be using these stained glass candle holders that my mom and aunt currently own
IMG_0651.jpg
IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg

On top of these mirrors
5810332.jpg

With candy around it in our colors.

We also booked our flight to Disney, but are still working on our ADR's. Suggestions are VERY welcome =)

Here are our current song choices for different parts of the ceremony/reception

Bridal Party Processional: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
Bridal Processional: And I Love Her - Beatles (Just the guitar part)
Bridal Party Entrance: Freakin' You - The Jungle Brothers
Bride and Groom Entrance: Power of Love - Huey Lewis and the News
First Dance: Love You Till the End - The Pogues
Father/Daughter Dance: To Sir, With Love - Lulu
Cake Cutting: Love You Madly - Cake
Anniversary/Generations Dance - Memories are Made of This - Dean Martin (this may change)

And some must take photos
2398936.jpg
4891296.jpg

1795023.jpg
1298782.jpg

603165.jpg
2042037.jpg

2295453.jpg

Rawr.

I was supposed to have my dress fitting/final dress payment this coming Tuesday, but we realized yesterday that two days after that is when the first half of our food deposit is due at the reception site and we can't afford to do both. So, since we can't change the date of the food deposit, the dress fitting is the one that needs to get moved.

The plus side of this is that my shoes haven't come in yet, and I've gained a few pounds since ordering the dress, so at least now I have a bit more time to take care of both of those issues, heh. :yay:

We also selected our ADR restaurants for while we're doing there, which is really hard to do when you haven't been to the parks since the late 80's/early 90's, and when your fiance is not that adventurous when it comes to food. He said that as long as he could get steak, hamburger or shepherd's pie, he'd be happy.

So with that in mind, we're aiming for:

- Raglan Road
- Rose and Crown
- 'Ohana
- Cape May Cafe
- Prime Time Cafe
- Whispering Canyon
- Yachtsmen Steakhouse

Does anyone have advice for trying to figure out which days to pick for each? I have enough trouble deciding what I want for dinner the coming week, much less several months in advance! We have 2 days we're spending off-site (one at Universal, preferably a day that we can attend the Horrorfest that evening, and Saturday, 9/26 at Kennedy Space Center). Also - does the Party for the Senses always start the second Saturday of the F&W Festival, or is there a chance that they will have one the first weekend? I'd like to attend if they have it while we're there!

Other than that, I'm pretty open! Help? Suggestions? Anything?

So I realized I never posted a picture of myself in here, so I'm adding one to the top post after this!

We did quite a bit the past two weeks! Let's see if I can remember it all!

- My shoes arrived, but they are slightly too big, so I think I'm going to send them back and get a size down. However, I'm keeping them until April 9th because...

- That's when I finally have my dress fitting! I can't wait to put it on again, and finally have it in the right size!

- We had our first menu planning meeting with the venue's caterer, and in the next day or so I should be getting an email with his notes and suggestions for us. We basically have endless possibilities for what we can do, so I'm excited to hear back from him!

- I had my hair trial also! I didn't realize how long my hair had gotten until I saw the pictures:
4293648.jpg

9470907.jpg

2255792.jpg

The only changes are going to be the curls - she used a large curling iron for the trial, and for the day of, she's going to use a medium sized one, and separate the curls a bit to make my hair appear a bit fuller - she's also going to hide the bobby pins better, haha. I still need to pick my hair jewelry though - I'm hoping once I see my dress again, and the detailing on it, it'll help me with that.

- We finished registering - we picked Kohl's, since my family constantly shops there and they have amazing sales every week, and Bed Bath & Beyond, because they carry EVERYTHING we could possibly want.

Here are the things I want most off the registry
1. Our everyday dishes
10553516254193PZ.JPG

2. Green Apple KitchenAid Mixer
5789314222944P.JPG

3. Giant Cupcake Pan
8997514969829P.JPG

4. Luggage
9949616267309P.JPG

5. Eat It - A trivia game about snack food!
games-eatit-l.jpg

I realllllly hope we get the luggage so I can take it to Disney with me!

Love the hair!!

OMG, I love that big cupcake pan! I registered for it too, but nobody got it for me. :sad1:

Love the hair!!

OMG, I love that big cupcake pan! I registered for it too, but nobody got it for me. :sad1:

Boooooo! The wedding is coming up though! Maybe you'll get lucky then =)

Have you been registry stalking? I don't know how I'll be able to keep myself from checking constantly

Boooooo! The wedding is coming up though! Maybe you'll get lucky then =)

Have you been registry stalking? I don't know how I'll be able to keep myself from checking constantly

I was SUCH a registry stalker before my shower. Seriously, I'd check it as soon as I got to work in the morning, and then again at lunchtime, then again before I left work, then again in the evening, and than again before bed. And as the shower got closer, I'd check it even more than that. Wow, that sounds pathetic.:rotfl:

I actually haven't checked it in a while though! I got probably about 80% of the stuff I registered for, and then after the shower, DF and I went out and bought some of the other stuff that we didn't get. I don't know why we haven't bought the large cupcake pan yet though!! I would really love to make huge funfetti cupcakes!!:rotfl2:

I was SUCH a registry stalker before my shower. Seriously, I'd check it as soon as I got to work in the morning, and then again at lunchtime, then again before I left work, then again in the evening, and than again before bed. And as the shower got closer, I'd check it even more than that. Wow, that sounds pathetic.:rotfl:

I actually haven't checked it in a while though! I got probably about 80% of the stuff I registered for, and then after the shower, DF and I went out and bought some of the other stuff that we didn't get. I don't know why we haven't bought the large cupcake pan yet though!! I would really love to make huge funfetti cupcakes!!:rotfl2:

Ha, I'm going to do that too - I keep going back and looking at the registry, just to see all the stuff I *might* get. I have an addiction!

oooo giant funfetti cupcakes...

I'll cross my fingers for you!

Everyone knows I'm a cupcake fanatic, so I thnk there's a good chance someone will get it for me, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter