There's no place like "home" for the holidays...*updated 3/18 p. 43 and 44*

wdwgirl03

<font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b
Hi everyone! :wave2:

:welcome: to my 2nd PTR of the year! Yes, that's right, my 2nd PTR. As you may or may not know, my dad, sister, and I went to Disney World this past May. We were also there last December/January but because of some travel issues, we got to take that extra trip in May. (If you haven't already, you can read that TR HERE). Hopefully I'll have some people join in on the fun again.

So despite the fact that we were just recently there, we are planning another trip! Of course, it also helps that we're DVC members so for us it's hard to stay away too long. :) And I'm ready to get this party started. Here are the basics for the upcoming trip:

the dates: December 16-December 21, 2008

the resort: Beach Club Villas

I love Disney at Christmas so I'm really excited about this. :santa: It'll also be our first time staying at the Beach Club :banana: Of course, if you read my May TR, you know that I'm also looking for a full-time teaching job...as of right now it's not going as I would have liked. I'm still hoping something comes along (even if now it's just a long-term subbing position), but for the time being we'll act as though this trip is definitely going to happen for me. ;)

I hope you decide to join me for this adventure...stay tuned for more!

:santa:

TRIP REPORT INDEX
December 16
part 1:Arrival
part 2:Beach Club, here we come!
part 3: Hollywood Studios
part 4:High School Musical
part 5:Osborne Lights and Beaches and Cream

December 17
part 1: A Magic Kingdom Morning!
part 2: Tomorrowland
part 3: The longest wait of the trip
part 4: More Magic Kingdom fun
part 5: Adventureland
part 6: Break time
part 7: Boardwalk and Epcot

December 18
part 1: Hollywood, here we come!
part 2: More from DHS
part 3: Fantasia Gardens
part 4: Visting the Polynesian
part 5: More resort hopping at the Grand Floridian
part 6: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!
part 7: Holiday Wishes
part 8: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade

December 19
part 1:Morning at the Animal Kingdom
part 2:Animal Kingdom cont'd
part 3: Visiting the AKL and DTD
part 4: A relaxing evening

December 20
part 1: Our last morning at Epcot
part 2: Shopping around the world

The Cast

Much like our trip in May, only part of my family will be going on this trip. The cast includes:

Me, (aka Sarah): 23-year old graduate of Marquette University where I majored in Elementary Education (I'm certified for grades 1-8) and English. One of the biggest Disney fanatics you'll ever meet. :teeth: It seems that my love for Disney grows with age.

Emma: My OTHER sister. She's an 18-year old freshman at Marquette, even though she swore she wasn't going to go to MU since her 2 older sisters did. Majoring in business because her goal is to work for the Milwaukee Brewers. Since she wasn't able to come in May she's really looking forward to this trip, especially the Beach Club.

Here's Emma and me in Arizona when we went to Brewers spring training:
n20305212_33256020_9662.jpg

Dad: Went to Princeton, then the University of Michigan for law school. Loves trips to Disney and his favorite character is Tigger!

Here he is at TPC Scottsdale, proudly standing by the plaque for the hole where he got a hole-in-one. :teeth:
n20305212_33256003_3450.jpg

My mom and sister Claire (the one who came in May) aren't going to be coming on this trip. Mom's not really a big fan of traveling in general, and since it's right before Christmas she'd rather stay home. Claire enjoys going to Disney World but I guess since we were just there she's not too enthusiastic about going again (me, on the other hand...;) ) So, it'll just be the three of us. We'll miss them, but we know we'll still have a great time.

More to come later!

I'm in! :thumbsup2
I love Y&BC (unfortunately never stayed there, only ever visited for breakfast). It will be lovely just before Christmas! :goodvibes Sounds like you'll have a great time!
Looking forward to more!
Di x :donald:

I'm Glad you started a new report!!!

Sounds like a great time to go!!! :cool1:

You'll get to enjoy all the holiday decorations! :thumbsup2

I'm in again! We are headed to Wisconsin later in September and can't wait for some cheese curds. I can't wait to see your pictures of the BC. My DH would love to stay there, as would I, but I can't imagine spending that kind of $$ on a hotel room. I'm really cheap when it comes to certain things.

Oh, shoot! We will miss you by two days! We are coming home on December 14!! Can't wait to hear all your fun plans!

I'm in.

I can't wait to read about your planning. I've been wanting to go at Christmas to see the decorations, and since I won't get to I can live vicariously through you.:goodvibes

(I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you can get a job!)

I'm so excited for your trip! Though I am hoping you get a job too. Maybe even if you do you will be allowed to go since you already had this booked. It is worth asking at least. I can not wait to read about your plans and then the trip itself (then stealing all your ideas!)

I'm in! :thumbsup2
I love Y&BC (unfortunately never stayed there, only ever visited for breakfast). It will be lovely just before Christmas! :goodvibes Sounds like you'll have a great time!
Looking forward to more!
Di x :donald:

Yeah, the whole area around the Y&BC is amazing! We've always wanted to stay in that area...so much activity! We've been to WDW a couple times right after Christmas and it's so neat seeing all the decorations in the parks and resorts. Thanks for joining in!

I'm Glad you started a new report!!!

Sounds like a great time to go!!! :cool1:

You'll get to enjoy all the holiday decorations! :thumbsup2

The best part about going before Christmas is that we will be able to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!! :banana: :banana:

I'm in again! We are headed to Wisconsin later in September and can't wait for some cheese curds. I can't wait to see your pictures of the BC. My DH would love to stay there, as would I, but I can't imagine spending that kind of $$ on a hotel room. I'm really cheap when it comes to certain things.

Yay, I'm glad you're joining again! That's cool you're coming to WI soon. :thumbsup2 Between my sister and I you can count on TONS of pictures of the BC...she is quite the photographer!

Oh, shoot! We will miss you by two days! We are coming home on December 14!! Can't wait to hear all your fun plans!

Aww, bummer! Will you guys be staying at Pop again?

I'm in.

I can't wait to read about your planning. I've been wanting to go at Christmas to see the decorations, and since I won't get to I can live vicariously through you.:goodvibes

(I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you can get a job!)

Disney at Christmas is awesome, especially all the decorations. :goodvibes I think some day you should go to see them in person...it's worth it! :teeth:

I'm so excited for your trip! Though I am hoping you get a job too. Maybe even if you do you will be allowed to go since you already had this booked. It is worth asking at least. I can not wait to read about your plans and then the trip itself (then stealing all your ideas!)

I'm excited too! I was thinking about that if something did happen to come along. And even if it turned out I couldn't I can always go some other time. As of right now our plans are pretty general but I'll be sure to update as they come along. :thumbsup2

So I was bored before and decided to go onto YouTube and watch some Disney World videos. I happened to stumble across this one of the Castle Dream Lights show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjIvYFF1fw0

I'm pretty sure that I watched this same video last year when I first read that they were going to be having the dream lights and I remember thinking how amazing it was. It's so cool how they light up the castle! I really wanted to see the show in person when we were there last year but unfortunately we missed it. :guilty: The castle is beautiful in itself but with those lights...WOW.

n1605780003_30205726_22.jpg

n20305212_32942613_9564.jpg

I took this picture on our first morning (yep, it was still dark out for EMH!) and when I first saw it, it literally took my breath away. Really, the picture does not do it justice. It's definitely one of Disney's best ideas...I can't wait to see it again this year! :goodvibes

Also, yesterday Dad and I were talking about which Christmas party we would want to go to. There are 3 going on when we're there: Dec. 16, 18, and 19. Well, the 16th is the day we're supposed to arrive, and after last year's little incident with our flight being cancelled...we're not going to take our chances again. Plus we think it might be a little much since our flight is pretty early in the morning. So that leaves either Dec. 18 or Dec. 19. I know Dad called yesterday to see if there were any discounts for DVC members but unfortunately they don't have them for those dates. Oh well. Hopefully we'll get them soon though because I know how popular MVMCP is and seeing as those are the last ones of the year...I don't want it to turn out that they're all sold out! I'll post when it becomes more official as to when we're going!

The castle looks spectacular in the photos, and no photo can do Disney justice. I always find it hard to explain to people just how lovely it all is - they need to see it for themselves!
I hope you get your tickets for MVMCP ok :worship:
And no problems with the flights this time! ;)
Keep posting
Di x

BCV - nice! I am a new DVC member and can't wait to stay there. DH and I are going for a short trip in Dec and staying SSR. Just happy to have found a place - everything was pretty booked up. So we arrive 12/13 for 1 night at POFQ then over to SSR for 3 nights. Wish we could stay longer, but we didn't want to leave the kids any longer than that. Enjoying your pre trip report and hope to start one soon myself.

Why didn't you tell me you had started a PTR?! Well I'm here now and I'm excited to read about your adventures. I loved your May TR and I can't wait for this one! :woohoo:

I wish I could go to MVMCP! I am so jealous! I can not wait to see all your pics!

I know, we have been talking about going to MVMCP for a long time now (well, especially after we went to MNSSHP!). I can't wait to finally experience one!

The castle looks spectacular in the photos, and no photo can do Disney justice. I always find it hard to explain to people just how lovely it all is - they need to see it for themselves!
I hope you get your tickets for MVMCP ok :worship:
And no problems with the flights this time! ;)
Keep posting
Di x

Isn't it so pretty?!

I'm hoping there will be no flight problems this time too. *crosses fingers* But it does always worry me flying out of Wisconsin in December. :scared:

BCV - nice! I am a new DVC member and can't wait to stay there. DH and I are going for a short trip in Dec and staying SSR. Just happy to have found a place - everything was pretty booked up. So we arrive 12/13 for 1 night at POFQ then over to SSR for 3 nights. Wish we could stay longer, but we didn't want to leave the kids any longer than that. Enjoying your pre trip report and hope to start one soon myself.

Hi and welcome to my PTR! That's so cool you're new DVC members. Saratoga Springs is actually our home resort...we love it there. :goodvibes But it's going to be fun to try another different resort. You should start a PTR...I'd read it! :)

Why didn't you tell me you had started a PTR?! Well I'm here now and I'm excited to read about your adventures. I loved your May TR and I can't wait for this one! :woohoo:

hehe, I'm sorry. I'm glad you're going to join in on this TR too! I've been enjoying your May TR as well. :thumbsup2

Love the picture! I hope I get to see it that way someday!

Thanks!

I am so glad you started a PTR!!! I know that after reading all of ours, you got hooked in. ;) I can't wait to hear more about your trip and planning.

I have some pretty good pics of the castle with the lights, but like other posters have said, pics don't do WDW justice. It's just amazing and must be experienced in person.

I laughed when you mentioned that it was dark for EMH, because that was the weirdest thing for us last year. Prior to our last trip, we'd only gone in the summer. Having it get dark so much earlier, in WDW, felt so different. You have to make sure to get all those outdoor shots earlier. But, at Christmas, it sure is beautiful.

Did you order your MVMCP tickets yet? We can't go this year, since it will be over by the time we arrive. But, last year was so cool!

As for a teaching job :teacher: , I'm still holding onto hope that you will get one, or as you said, at least a long term sub position. Don't forget to look into tutoring, too. Subbing and tutoring my first year out of college helped me IMMENSELY, when I got my position. I know that you and I have chatted on my PTR about teaching, but I had no idea you are Gr. 1-8 and English certified, and I'm an 8th grade English teacher. Too cool. Hang in there! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter