• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board

ibob52

Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer
There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board

BAM!

pixiedust:

I disagree with the OP. There is a ton of great information on here. It may not be as compassionate as people like, but this is a fact based board with not much fluff. ;)

The experience and knowledge by those who are being passive-aggressively called out by the OP is invaluable. :thumbsup2

This isn't a "woe is me" board; rather, it is a board to arm us with the information needed to keep us moving.

It's fun to be free, ya know :lmao:

I love the transportation board!:lovestruc But then, I have never been one who didn't want to hear the truth, who would rather people pat me on the back and tell me everything will be ok when it may not be.

I think the OP is stalking me. That exact statement has been my 'location' for years... Word for word, with identical capitalization and punctuation.

Why not use that pixie dust on Southwest Airlines? I could use some cheaper flights.

Yup...and proud of it!!!!:drive::lmao:

:thumbsup2 I've had my nose smacked once or twice when I gave not quite as sound as needed suggestions. Dont think I've ever tried to beat the system, or whine about transportation though.. Again, not the place for it. Missing a bus to a park = no big deal in the grand scheme, late for an ADR, again, not a huge issue if it happens (although if you follow the suggestions here, it probably wont happen). But when it comes to boarding, packing certain items, logistics for travelling this place is great. There is no room for rainbows and unicorns here, and frankly, I'm glad they keep it like that.

:thumbsup2 I've had my nose smacked once or twice when I gave not quite as sound as needed suggestions. Dont think I've ever tried to beat the system, or whine about transportation though.. Again, not the place for it. Missing a bus to a park = no big deal in the grand scheme, late for an ADR, again, not a huge issue if it happens (although if you follow the suggestions here, it probably wont happen). But when it comes to boarding, packing certain items, logistics for travelling this place is great. There is no room for rainbows and unicorns here, and frankly, I'm glad they keep it like that.

I agree with this. I call myself a fairly savvy leisure traveler. My family is generally flying from New England to Florida during our February School vacation, which is also President's Week. Not only the most expensive time to fly out of here, but you also throw in the highly dicey winter weather. Old timers here on the Transportation Board know all about some of my travel woes (flight delays, flight cancellations, bagging flights and driving 29 hours in 1 vehicle with 4 adults and 3 12 year olds.....).

The thing is, all of my situations were due to weather, and the advice that I had gleaned here really REALLY helped me to either make decisions, get results, or deal with what was going on. I'm glad there was no blowing sunshine, and that I had the tools and knowledge to get us on our way ASAP.

Here's a thought - in the future, why not start constructive threads here, rather than criticizing or trying to stir up controversy?

:(

On a public forum, on the internet, and anonymous to boot? Come on, dont be a knucklehead :) and ask a silly question like that!!! :rotfl2::rotfl: Thanks for the laugh though.

On a public forum, on the internet, and anonymous to boot? Come on, dont be a knucklehead :) and ask a silly question like that!!! :rotfl2::rotfl: Thanks for the laugh though.

:confused3

I'm glad you were amused.

On many internet forums, I would agree with you, but the DIS Forums are fairly well moderated and generally posters aren't here to cause problems. Those who do are shut down.

This thread should be locked.

Seriously... my intension was simple ... no hidden agenda

*There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Boards*

is merely a *statement not meant to criticize* or stir up controversy ... But

in posting and adding BAM! pixiedust: it has been interpreted as a negative

The statement was borrowed (to share) ... from what I thought was a

interesting consensus on the Transportation Boards

i.e. <Quote> Moderator = Yup...and proud of it!!! </Quote>

WOW ... Message Board posts sentiment ... may be misinterpreted

Have a good day

pixiedust:

===> added to clarify: the statement *There is no Pixie Dust on the

Transportation Boards* ... is by no means a criticism ... by me <===

geez people settle down!! The op was just trying to give some pixie dust to anyone not finding good deals:)

I tell you what...... The Transportation Board is THE ONLY board I visit here on the DIS. The no nonsense approach is why I like it..... when it comes to transportation, you need to facts, not someone telling you it will be ok........ having the facts will help you avoid a very big headache at the airport or anywhere on your trip.....

Hail to the transportation board and a big hello to the CLOTs! You know who you are!

Duds

geez people settle down!! The op was just trying to give some pixie dust to anyone not finding good deals:)
Unfortunately, the OP was directly criticizing the manor in which information is delivered on this board, not the content of the information. :(

There was no mention in the OP about deals of any sort (good, bad, indifferent). As such, it was simply designed to criticize those who provide questioners with info. :wave2:

Also unfortunate, new DIS lurkers will wander into the post (or just read the headline) and take the statement as inclusive as to their use for this board, instead of understanding the true value of the information available. :worried:

However if I misunderstood the original, post, I apologize and would request further clarification as to the deals the OP was hoping to find. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter