• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The year of living Disney - Autumn and deluxe dining TR**NEW TR LINK UP 1/16**

Awwww, I wish I'd been there to give a pep talk. I think everyone hits this point at least once during a trip; you're right, planning takes so much time and effort that when things start to crumble, it's just hard. Not that you can't still have a great time, but you know you're not going to do as much as you'd hoped. I hope a good night's sleep helped and things turn for the better the next day for you two lovebirds!

I'm so sorry that you weren't feeling it. I do hope your trip improved later.

Thanks, Kathy :p thankfully it was just a temporary pity party

When you just try to just enjoy things and not think about the planning...it helps...but that can be really hard to do!

I think that's what I'm going to do from now on, go in with very few expectations and go with the flow!

Sorry you were having such a rough day

It's nothing that a couple of my best friends, vodka and cranberry juice, couldn't fix :thumbsup2

I always feel at some point on each Disney trip that we aren't getting enough done. Then it gets better but I can certainly p

Why is that? I always feel like I have to do all the things... When I know I'll be back. I think it's called anal retentive or something :laughing:

Those are great costumes! How nice to have people to share your enthusiasm with

Thanks Donna. It does make it fun. Honestly I probably love dressing up for Halloween the least, but my DH loves it so much

But the pictures that you did take were very special!

They really were! Thanks for putting that into perspective for me :hug:

I love that they had a special photo prop for the 45th!

It was really cool! I'm so glad we stopped for a photo that morning

I think everyone hits this point at least once during a trip; you're right, planning takes so much time and effort that when things start to crumble, it's just hard.

As my husband loves to say to me ( more times than I would like to admit) it was a growth moment. Meaning learn from it, and move on already! :laughing:

I hope a good night's sleep helped and things turn for the better the next day for you two lovebirds!

It really did, I think the hot and tired and always on the move just finally got to me. Note to self, more drinks by the pool next time!!

A little real life update, and a very short PTR!

Oh my gosh you guys, three weeks until our next trip! This one has really snuck up on me. It's been really busy at work and in real life I haven't had any time at all to change any plans :laughing:

I have already gotten one set of magic bands in the mail, and am expecting 2 more sets. Now before you start accusing me of being a magic band hoarder, we wanted to have one of each color before we started declining them, and with this trip we are fast approaching this goal. :jumping1:

We have sort of a triple split stay this time around. When we went to rent points with our normal broker, she could only get two nights at the BWV where we had chosen to stay this time around, so that left us with our first two nights resortless. I was able to get a great deal at the WL for the first two nights ( yea!! I'm finally staying at the lodge!) and then we decided to tack on an extra
night on the tail end so I was able to get another great AP discount on a CL room at the BWI. I've always wanted to try club level and even though it's only one night, it's so exciting!

We will also be going to our first ever MVMCP and I'm so excited!!! That's where I plan to have a DISmeet with @chunkymonkey and her husband. :banana: I'm beyond thrilled to get to see at the holiday decorations!

I have no earthly idea what the temps are going to be like in early December, hopefully warm enough to get in some pool time, which was severely absent on my last trip. The weather here in CO has been unseasonably warm, so hopefully we won't have any surprise snow storms in the next few weeks.

In other news we recently learned that we are going to be grandparents! :scared1: Bob's oldest son and his wife are expecting in May. The first words that came out of my DH's mouth were "I can't wait to take our grandbaby to Disney!" I love that man.

Hope everyone is happy and well, I hope to have another less depressing chapter up soon.

:wave2:

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such happy news and love Bob's reaction. We've got ourselves some good disney men :love:

I wasn't even tracking that you had another trip coming up. How awesome is that!!!! Disney at Christmas has long been a dream of mine, but I've yet to experience it. Can't wait to live vicariously through you!

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such happy news and love Bob's reaction. We've got ourselves some good disney men :love:

Thanks Kari! We are really excited!

Christmas has long been a dream of mine, but I've yet to experience it. Can't wait to live vicariously through you!

Mine too. The more YouTube stuff I watch about Christmas at Disney the more excited I get! I can't wait! :goodvibes

Congratulations! Aww, that will be a whole different style of trip with a little one!
How exciting that this next trip is so close. Hopefully you will get in some pool time, but MVMCP - yahoo!!

Thanks Donna. I'm sure the new little one will be at least 4 or 5 before we go to Disney with him/her, but it's fun to think about!

I hope to get at least one afternoon of pool time in. My daughter is excited about the clown pool at the BW, and after seeing it in person it's not so bad. What I'm looking forward to is the carousel bar by the pool! :laughing:

Almost missed this.
The DIS crashed on me while I was quoting, and then I had to get back to work, so it didn't show up again in my unread thread.

Oh my gosh you guys, three weeks until our next trip!

Coming up fast!

It's been really busy at work and in real life I haven't had any time at all to change any plans :laughing:

This could be a good thing....

I have already gotten one set of magic bands in the mail, and am expecting 2 more sets. Now before you start accusing me of being a magic band hoarder, we wanted to have one of each color before we started declining them, and with this trip we are fast approaching this goal. :jumping1:

Nah. I'm still gonna call you a MB hoarder.

so that left us with our first two nights resortless.

So then you had to resort to something else.

I was able to get a great deal at the WL for the first two nights

I saw that deal when I went, but I also noticed that the pool was closed for renos, as well as other things. Is that all done? Or it doesn't matter since it's only two nights?

I was able to get another great AP discount on a CL room at the BWI. I've always wanted to try club level and even though it's only one night, it's so exciting!

Nice!

We will also be going to our first ever MVMCP and I'm so excited!!! That's where I plan to have a DISmeet with @chunkymonkey and her husband. :banana: I'm beyond thrilled to get to see at the holiday decorations!

I've never seen the Christmas decorations. This should be fun!

I have no earthly idea what the temps are going to be like in early December, hopefully warm enough to get in some pool time, which was severely absent on my last trip. The weather here in CO has been unseasonably warm, so hopefully we won't have any surprise snow storms in the next few weeks.

Seeing as you're from Colorado, it should be warm enough. I remember going in December on my first visit. We swam.
No one else did.... but we did.

In other news we recently learned that we are going to be grandparents!

Hey! Congrats!

The first words that came out of my DH's mouth were "I can't wait to take our grandbaby to Disney!" I love that man.

Awwww...

I am FINALLY all caught up! Your trip sounds like so much fun even though you feel like haven't done much. It's always the case...plus you have had all these wonderful meals so far. :)
Your Halloween costumes are amazing!
Congratulations on soon becoming grandparents! That is awesome news!

I'm looking forward to our Dismeet! I will pm you my number. We'll be in MK most of the day that day!

WAhhhhoooty!! I keep hoping for one sometime soon as well. They seem to be taking their sweet little ol' time. LOL! Actually, they are both very young, and wanted to make some good headway in paying down their house, so I guess I"m glad they are also being responsible. But yeah, I wanna take my littles to Disney. LOL.

Love that you get another trip to enjoy! I've always wanted to go around Christmas, but haven't ever made any plans. Someday....

The DIS crashed on me while I was quoting, and then I had to get back to work, so it didn't show up again in my unread thread.

Ugh, I hate it when that happens!!

Nah. I'm still gonna call you a MB hoarder.

Well Ok, cuz I kinda am :laughing:

I saw that deal when I went, but I also noticed that the pool was closed for renos, as well as other things. Is that all done? Or it doesn't matter since it's only two nights?

Only the "quiet" pool is closed, the one closest to the DVC at WL. They are still working on reno's, the whole south side of of the lodge is closed off, but from what I've read it's no big deal because it means fewer people at the resort. They are also building DVC cabins close to the lake. Should be nice when it's done.

I've never seen the Christmas decorations. This should be fun!

It's a first for us. I'm really looking forward to it!

Seeing as you're from Colorado, it should be warm enough. I remember going in December on my first visit. We swam.

That's kinda what I thought.. We got our first real snow yesterday so anything above 20 degrees is downright balmy!

Hey! Congrats!

Thanks!

Congratulations! Baby's are such a gift.
You can now start planning his/her first trip

Thanks so much! It wil be a little while before we take the little one bit it's never too early to start planning!

Wow congrats! All such exciting news!

Thanks Kathy!

Your Halloween costumes are amazing

Aw thanks! We always have fun on Halloween

Congratulations on soon becoming grandparents! That is awesome news!

Thanks! We are pretty darn excited

I'm looking forward to our Dismeet! I will pm you my number. We'll be in MK most of the day that day!

Me too!!! :goodvibes

they are both very young, and wanted to make some good headway in paying down their house,

Makes total sense.

Love that you get another trip to enjoy! I've always wanted to go around Christmas, but haven't ever made any plans. Someday....

Me too! This one has come up so fast, things have been so busy at home and at work, it feels like a total bonus trip. We are taking full advantage of the AP's this year. We have a different plan for next year :scratchin

Ugh, I hate it when that happens!!

Stoopid ads.

Only the "quiet" pool is closed, the one closest to the DVC at WL. They are still working on reno's, the whole south side of of the lodge is closed off, but from what I've read it's no big deal because it means fewer people at the resort. They are also building DVC cabins close to the lake. Should be nice when it's done.

But if the whole south side is closed, that's where the main pool is, so.... it's still open?

Then again, considering how much I've use the pool on my last three visits... ie. zero, it wouldn't/shouldn't bother me.
I was more worried about construction noise but it sounds like that won't be an issue.

We got our first real snow yesterday so anything above 20 degrees is downright balmy!

We still haven't seen snow... or temps much below 32. Totally spoiled this winter, so far.

But if the whole south side is closed, that's where the main pool is, so.... it's still open?

Not sure if you've seen an aerial view of the WL bit it looks like a boxy "u" and the main pool is smack dab in the middle of the north and south wings, so yeppers, it's still open :thumbsup2 Even though I have every intention of making time to swim, not sure if it's going to actually happen :rotfl:

We still haven't seen snow... or temps much below 32. Totally spoiled this winter, so far.

We got snow again this morning :scared: I'm really looking forward to high 70 temps!!

Day 5, part 1
The Wave, and I finally start taking pictures!
We knew today was going to be a marathon, not a sprint. So how do you fuel up for a marathon? With breakfast! Lucky for us our breakfast of choice this day was just a monorail ride away at the Contemporary. Off to the Wave we go! I really didn't know what to expect at the Wave other than a buffet, and we were both really blown away by the freshness of the food and how really good everything was.
image.jpeg

They brought us these cute little green juices on the house. Can't remember what all was in it but I do remember cucumber and celery. I dug it; but Bob, not so much.

We both decided on the buffet and I actually took food photos!
image.jpeg

Clockwise - mini fruit salad, bacon ( only 1 piece?!?! What was wrong with me?) mini bagel with smoked salmon, chocolate croissant, MICKEY WAFFLE!, cheesy potato casserole thing and eggs Benedict with key lime hollandaise, which the egg was perfectly poached, hard to do on a buffet.

They also has this amazing pecan butter to put on the Mickey waffles, yum!

The buffet wasn't massively huge, but I thought it was perfect. Sometimes there are just too many choices. Once again, we were really impressed with The Wave. Even though the decor is a little lacking, the food is really the star here. Plus they have a cool waiting area with groovy mood lighting
image.jpeg

After our awesome breakfast we headed back over to MK for a while to enjoy some low crowds before our MNSSHP night

image.jpeg

My boo Dumbo

image.jpeg
One of my new favorite Castle views

image.jpeg
Briar patch???

image.jpeg
Mickey bar break!

Up next.... The famous Ohana dinner and MNSSHP costume fail

Glad you all enjoyed The Wave as much as we did. Totally agree it certainly isn't big and doesn't have a lot of choices, but what they do they do very well and most importantly keep it fresh!

We have a different plan for next year :scratchin

Well, that's certainly intriguing!

Wonderful start to your day. I've always wanted to try to the Wave. I'd probably do dinner first since I'm not a big breakfast eater, but it looks really, really nice in there, and review after review I read give it high marks!

The Wave, and I finally start taking pictures!

:faint:

So how do you fuel up for a marathon? With breakfast!

So that's what I've been doing wrong!

I really didn't know what to expect at the Wave other than a buffet, and we were both really blown away by the freshness of the food and how really good everything was.

Good to know. I've been disappointed by so many buffet breakfasts.

They brought us these cute little green juices on the house. Can't remember what all was in it but I do remember cucumber and celery. I dug it; but Bob, not so much.

Free? I wonder if it's part of a trial?

We both decided on the buffet and I actually took food photos!

Foooooood pooooorn!!!!!!

image-jpeg.207345

That benny actually looks good! A buffet miracle!

bacon ( only 1 piece?!?! What was wrong with me?)

:sad2: I think this is illegal in some countries.

eggs Benedict with key lime hollandaise, which the egg was perfectly poached, hard to do on a buffet.

Wow. It was a miracle.

Plus they have a cool waiting area with groovy mood lighting

Cool is right!

After our awesome breakfast we headed back over to MK for a while to enjoy some low crowds before our MNSSHP night

Oh, right! Can't wait to hear about that.

My boo Dumbo

aww...

One of my new favorite Castle views

Nice!

Briar patch???

I didn't know you saw that! I've been too busy posing! :laughing:

Cute shot! :)

Glad you all enjoyed The Wave as much as we did. Totally agree it certainly isn't big and doesn't have a lot of choices, but what they do they do very well and most importantly keep it fresh!

I was very pleasantly surprised

Mmmmmm, so craving eggs Benedict right now

I know! Me too

And that is an awesome castle shot!

Thanks!!

I've always wanted to try to the Wave.

You should give it a shot sometime. We did lunch there also and it was just as good. It's a nice, quiet relaxing place

Good to know. I've been disappointed by so many buffet breakfasts.

Me too. You should give it a try sometime. And I think the buffet is around $25, not bad for Disney pricing

Free? I wonder if it's part of a trial?

Not sure on that one, but I did notice that everybody got the green juice...

think this is illegal in some countries.

I think you're right !

I didn't know you saw that! I've been too busy posing! :laughing:

:rotfl:

Cute shot! :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter