The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would an adult fare in a bunkbed? Would it be too tight of a squeeze? We're looking for an option so our child would not have to share a bed, but now after I booked the courtyard view w/ bunkbeds, I am starting to wonder if the adult going would be uncomfortable.

Also, are there bay lake/geyser views with the courtyard view/bunkbed rooms?
That would be my dream view, but I am wondering if the bunkbed aspect would hinder that chance.

Would it be out of line to fax and make a request for a bay lake/geyser view?

Before we booked, I called the resort and they said that my 5'10" daughter was too tall for a bunkbed. Just thought I would let you know.

So I booked my room with the woods view.So what would be the best request for a room?I read that some wood views u can see the Castle what should I ask for?

We're heading to the WL for our first trip to WDW this NOvember and I'm super excited! I'm trying to figure out the best request to put on our room (Woods View). I have a son who is a light sleeper and I have heard things about the rooms overlooking the service road...but those rooms are the ones where you have a good chance of seeing the fireworks. Is it possible to view the fireworks from another part of the hotel if we are on the quieter side (overlooking the villas)? What time are the fireworks?

Thanks so much in advance!!

So I booked my room with the woods view.So what would be the best request for a room?I read that some wood views u can see the Castle what should I ask for?

We had a woods view bunk room in feb. our room was 5024 facing castle and CR. It was nice to see fireworks nightly, I enjoyed it . I personally didn't think it was to loud . It was a nice quiet location, not far from the elevator. One thing though, the wooded tree line is very tall to get a good day view of the castle. It was easier to see at night when the castle was lit with changing colors. Hope it helps .If you have any other questions,let me know . :goodvibes

Before we booked, I called the resort and they said that my 5'10" daughter was too tall for a bunkbed. Just thought I would let you know.

I don't know if this helps ,but, I was very concerned about the bunk size , My DS is 17 and around 5'11 . We booked bunks because he and my DD 11 wanted their own beds. When we arrived I asked them to try the beds and see if it was to small to sleep in, and they both said it was fine. The beds are on the small side but, I never heard them complain, only that you can't sit up on the bottom bunk , its to short. I was glad I booked the bunk rooms . It worked for us.

I don't know if this helps ,but, I was very concerned about the bunk size , My DS is 17 and around 5'11 . We booked bunks because he and my DD 11 wanted their own beds. When we arrived I asked them to try the beds and see if it was to small to sleep in, and they both said it was fine. The beds are on the small side but, I never heard them complain, only that you can't sit up on the bottom bunk , its to short. I was glad I booked the bunk rooms . It worked for us.

Thanks, the girls really don't want to share a bed because the younger one kicks. I'll ask DD again and see what she says.

Thanks again!!

We're staying in the WL in May & I'm starting to plan a list to order for Garcen Grocer & from what I can tell on the WDW website, it looks like every room comes with a fridge -- can anyone confirm this & advise on how large it is? We are planning to do breakfast in the room each morning & this may allow us for a bit more variety in what I order! We have a Standard Woods View room booked. Thanks!

I am looking forward to our 4th year at Disney world. We go every Sept. Soooo excited to go this year because it is our FIRST time to WL. We have stayed at the Contemporary the last 3 years. I sure hope the quick service at WL will be yummy. Last year the Contemporary was updating theirs and it was YUCK! LOLL Anyways Hiiii to all of you WL vets. :)

Anyone have any good info. on the kennels at Disney? We are deciding on leaving them home or taking them with us. Any info. would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

We booked club level, asked for queen bed and bunks. Is this called standard? Where is the room located and what's the view?

I would like to have some gifts in the room for DD when we arrive, anything "themed" in the gift shop a 7 year would like? Plush characters, etc.

Also, I read earlier about gifts on the pillows at night. Is this something we buy for her and the concierge team leaves them? We've done somthing similar on DCL.

We don't leave until August, but I think of dozens of questions every day.

Yes all rooms have a refrigerator. They are not really big, you might be able to fit a small thing of milk, yogurts, etc...Maybe someone else will give you more info on what they think will fit.

We booked club level, asked for queen bed and bunks. Is this called standard? Where is the room located and what's the view?
Yes this is considered a standard room. As far as location and view it could be woods view or courtyard view. If you have a preference I would put in a request.

I would like to have some gifts in the room for DD when we arrive, anything "themed" in the gift shop a 7 year would like? Plush characters, etc.

Also, I read earlier about gifts on the pillows at night. Is this something we buy for her and the concierge team leaves them? We've done somthing similar on DCL.

We don't leave until August, but I think of dozens of questions every day.

They do have themed plush characters in the gift shop, Im thinking maybe moose? They also sell a variety of other toys that you would find out in the parks. As far as the gifts on the pillows Im not sure I have heard of that, maybe ask concierge about it.

We're staying in the WL in May & I'm starting to plan a list to order for Garcen Grocer & from what I can tell on the WDW website, it looks like every room comes with a fridge -- can anyone confirm this & advise on how large it is? We are planning to do breakfast in the room each morning & this may allow us for a bit more variety in what I order! We have a Standard Woods View room booked. Thanks!

Yes it is a small refrigerator. What I think of as dorm sized.

Here is a pic from allears.net that looks like what I remember.

http://allears.net/acc/wl178.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter