The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a late checkout? We're thinking of extending our stay by an extra day but our flight wouldn't leave until 5:00, so we have most of the day to kill.

Also, do they provide shampoo/soap etc, or do we need to bring it?

Thanks!

They provide the little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash when you check in. Mid way in our long stay they refreshed them. (Not everyday like in a hotel.) We bought our own for the three of us. If it's just you and a short stay of a couple of days, you may not need to. Otherwise you probably will want to :thumbsup2

I don't know about the late check-out. I do know the valets will keep your stuff for you, so you could have a pool day. Maybe rent one of those cabanas?

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a late checkout? We're thinking of extending our stay by an extra day but our flight wouldn't leave until 5:00, so we have most of the day to kill.

Thanks!

Late check out (suite) is generally available and to be asked for ... on the day of check out (departure)

and is in limited quanity = (if several people request late check out ... for a specific day = there may not be any left).

This is per info WBC - provided and used (by me) May 2012.

** time over one hour (late check out) = $$ **

... YMMV

Thanks for the advice! Since we've never used a sitter, what kind of range is an acceptable tip? Do you base it the hourly rate or a percentage like waiters?

I'm trying to remember. :idea: I want to say we did about $20 as a tip? We've had 3 or 4 different sitters from Kids Nite Out and they were all good. They brought arts and crafts projects and had good ideas for games to play around the resort (one took them to see the outdoor movie and had them play red light/green light one-two-three on the way). Another time my daughter lost her 1st tooth so the sitter snuck a note to the front desk and had a Celebration button made up to hide under the pillow from the Tooth Fairy.

Amanda

At this time next week we'll be landing at MCO and getting our luggage and rental car!!! This will be our 1st off-property stay and I think we're going to LOVE it!

Amanda

FLYBY POSTING! (tonne of work to catch up on right now, but I know queenie requested info about the towers so I wanted to post before her trip!)

We were in bldg 5 in a 1 br.

The parking garage sits between 4 & 5.
The elevator is on the corner closest to the entrance to 4.
I gave up on looking for surface parking REAL fast -- it was almost always full, or, the open ones were further away than the garage ones, PLUS the heat from the sun was brutal.

I'd go up to level 3 and park right by the elevator. many times I wished I was in building 4 so that I had a shorter walk from garage elevator to building entrance. But even with my gimpy walk, it wasn't TOO bad to the door.

The two times I parked in the handicap spots closer to the door, I regretted it when I came back to a boiling hot car. Use the garage!! You will be glad you did.

The two times we watched fireworks we enjoyed them. One time I thought to search for "Illuminations music" on youtube, and played it along with the 'show' and that was fun. ;)

If I weren't going to use the garage, I think I'd choose building 2 for the view/proximity to the main building.

If I were a starbucks person I'd chose 6.

Fellow guests angered me on the last day. There were no rolly-carts!! And there were no cars parked outside the door which means they'd probably taken them up to their rooms the night before and not felt like bringing them down stairs. grumble-grumble-but not WBC's fault. Use it to carry the stuff to your room and then return it immediately!! (Please!)

Building was stuffy to me, so bring a fan if you can. (But I have medical reasons that cause me to need a good a/c).

I'm not that much of a Starbucks fan...but I have a GC for them....free money is free money! Is there one in Tower 6? If so, I might have to bring my GC with me! Thanks! :)

Here now. Requested upper floor lake view in 6. I am in tower 5 on the 2nd floor looking at parking. Definitely not the stay of 2 years ago. Tower 5 is very dated in the units. Front desk wasn't friendly so I was in a bad mood going to parking pass. They. Didn't push and I unplugged the phones so it's ok.

If this had been my first stay I'm not sure I'd have come back. Such a step down from tower 6

Our first trip to BC is in November and we are super excited!! This thread has been a great resource for us. I was wondering, how many people don't request a tower? That is my area of confusion - do I or don't I (I do know it's only a request) and if I do, I have no idea what to request. Cleaner and new is high on our list. Thoughts?

Bumping this. :flower3:

Here now. Requested upper floor lake view in 6. I am in tower 5 on the 2nd floor looking at parking.

I'm not sure since it's been awhile since I've stayed at BC, but aren't all of the upper floors in tower 6 presidential. If you are in tower 5, then aren't you in a deluxe unit? Just wondering was this a doable request?

momof1+1+2 said:
Our first trip to BC is in November and we are super excited!! This thread has been a great resource for us. I was wondering, how many people don't request a tower? That is my area of confusion - do I or don't I (I do know it's only a request) and if I do, I have no idea what to request. Cleaner and new is high on our list. Thoughts?

We've stayed twice and neither time did I request a tower. We stayed in tower 3 the first time which was nice bc it's directly between the shuttle stops at towers 1 & 6..so if we were too late to catch one, we could catch the 2nd stop. Last time we had tower 1 and we were on the ground floor, closest room to the bus stop. That was great bc it literally took only 20 seconds to get to the bus. However!! I did NOT like being on the ground floor bc when out on the patio, everyone walking by was right there in front of you. Plus people could see right into our unit so we had to be extra mindful of the curtains being drawn.
Next time, I will request to be 2nd floor or higher.
Tower 3 was cleaner and newer than 1, plus we could see the fireworks from that balcony.

When we stayed in July I called a couple of weeks prior to our stay and requested between two towers and a higher floor. I think if you make a request make it pretty open as to what you would like and you have a better chance of getting something you like.

We ended up in Tower 3 on the 7th floor and it was perfect! We loved our stay and are planning another one for end of March at Bonnet Creek.

we are here now, a 2 bedroom building 5. A beautiful resort my family is converts, but I miss the Disney factor. I have nothing negative to say, everything is what I thought it would be. I did not need coffee filters because there is reusable cone filter? and the breakfast bar chairs are evil! I do not know if it is because I am just the right level of shortness but I have banged inot the the ends that stick out about a dozen times...I am giving them a wide berth now:lmao:

thanks so much for you help in navigating WBC will give a full report when I come back. This resort is beautiful, the location can not be beat. :cool1:

Parking for us has never been an issue as of yet, and the pools are fab. The dryer do take a long time, but knowing that makes all the difference. I just put the dryer on twice before I go to bed.
AC has been fine, never had to do an override forgot how to anyways, LOL.

Again, thanks for being so informative...came into this with my eyes wide open and have been pleased with everything that I have found.

Here now. Requested upper floor lake view in 6. I am in tower 5 on the 2nd floor looking at parking. Definitely not the stay of 2 years ago. Tower 5 is very dated in the units. Front desk wasn't friendly so I was in a bad mood going to parking pass. They. Didn't push and I unplugged the phones so it's ok.

If this had been my first stay I'm not sure I'd have come back. Such a step down from tower 6

I hear you. Last time (end of Aug 2011) we checked in late in the day(after 8pm) but still, it was as if we never requested anything in writing or by phone. I don't think it does a thing, it seems to be luck of the draw when you are standing in front of them.
We picked tower 5 to be near the pirate pool only to find out that they changed the slide rules and ds was not tall enough:confused3 after using it dozens of times the year before. The first room they sent us to was a disgrace! Clearly not cleaned properly AT ALL, I stepped on an exposed carpet tack...I was not happy, the second was only slightly better( lots of hair in the bathroom though, ick) and the third about the same as the second. Now before you all just think I'm a pita, the housekeepers who came to the room were the ones who insisted I complain, apparently Wyndham outsourced the terminal cleanings and the new people were doing a terrible job, the night housekeepers still worked for Wyndham and had to hear all the complaints. Anyway, long story but in the end, we stayed in the third room because it was 1030pm and the kids were exhausted. A housekeeper helped me change the sheets--big footprint on the sheets! and left me the vacuum. The rooms(all 3) were not in good shape--and I don't mean old and worn, I mean wth is wrong with people?--gashes in the countertops-ever hear of a cutting board?? The floral arrangements looked like kids were using them to beat each other up...tears in furniture...just seemed like people were on a free-for-all since it wasn't "their house".
I am not happy with Wyndham's lack of customer service. I thought the LEAST they could do was throw us some food comps or something--or respond to the letters I wrote. Nada. (The night manager/housekeepers really did their best and I sent a note saying this to corporate.) In the end, we got over it and still had a good time. I didn't like Tower 5 for several reasons, I would not choose it again. I recently read a trip report where Beach Club really dropped the ball, though in the end those people will get 2 free nights in the deluxe resort of their choice...so I know it happens at Disney too. I think we just were in the wrong Tower at the wrong time, lol. And honestly, I haven't read too many reports where people had the same experience we did, thankfully, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it was just the exception, not the rule. I really believe that some of the clientele that WBC draws are a little on the wild side and perhaps not as respectful of the resort as they should be which doesn't help. Also, having a company do your cleaning that has little incentive to do a good job(the outsourced housekeepers) isn't good either.
This trip(November) we will be at Pop first and plan to go to WBC by 9am to check in. We shall see if that makes a difference in our room location. I think I'd like a fireworks view in Tower 3--good location between the two pool slides and near the Starbucks in the Grand for my dad...so fingers crossed it's a better trip. I pray it will be because we are bringing first timers and I want them to have a good time and not be mad at me for taking them off property, lol.

I really believe that some of the clientele that WBC draws are a little on the wild side and perhaps not as respectful of the resort as they should be which doesn't help.

Completely agree with this statement, which is why we now stay at Wyndham Reunion Resort.

I stay at many Wyndham Resorts and this one is one of the worst for unruly clientel (sp?) The cheap rentals are both a boon and a bane.

Thanks!

Someone else mentioned the availability of a late checkout. It's not always available, and they may charge you for it.

However.... You are not required to leave the resort when you checkout, and bell services will hold your bags for you. There is nothing preventing you from checking out, and then spending the day at the pools at the resort until you need to make your way to the airport. There are restrooms near all the pools which you can use to change from your swim gear to your airport gear. I believe i've heard people mention that at least some of these pool restrooms also have showers if you wanted to shower before heading to the airport.

I'm not that much of a Starbucks fan...but I have a GC for them....free money is free money! Is there one in Tower 6? If so, I might have to bring my GC with me! Thanks! :)

I don't remember if it's an official Starbucks location that will accept a GC, but the coffee/pastry shop in the lobby of the Wyndham Grand does sell Starbucks Coffee.

I hear you. Last time (end of Aug 2011) we checked in late in the day(after 8pm) but still, it was as if we never requested anything in writing or by phone. I don't think it does a thing, it seems to be luck of the draw when you are standing in front of them.
We picked tower 5 to be near the pirate pool only to find out that they changed the slide rules and ds was not tall enough:confused3 after using it dozens of times the year before. The first room they sent us to was a disgrace! Clearly not cleaned properly AT ALL, I stepped on an exposed carpet tack...I was not happy, the second was only slightly better( lots of hair in the bathroom though, ick) and the third about the same as the second. Now before you all just think I'm a pita, the housekeepers who came to the room were the ones who insisted I complain, apparently Wyndham outsourced the terminal cleanings and the new people were doing a terrible job, the night housekeepers still worked for Wyndham and had to hear all the complaints. Anyway, long story but in the end, we stayed in the third room because it was 1030pm and the kids were exhausted. A housekeeper helped me change the sheets--big footprint on the sheets! and left me the vacuum. The rooms(all 3) were not in good shape--and I don't mean old and worn, I mean wth is wrong with people?--gashes in the countertops-ever hear of a cutting board?? The floral arrangements looked like kids were using them to beat each other up...tears in furniture...just seemed like people were on a free-for-all since it wasn't "their house".
I am not happy with Wyndham's lack of customer service. I thought the LEAST they could do was throw us some food comps or something--or respond to the letters I wrote. Nada. (The night manager/housekeepers really did their best and I sent a note saying this to corporate.) In the end, we got over it and still had a good time. I didn't like Tower 5 for several reasons, I would not choose it again. I recently read a trip report where Beach Club really dropped the ball, though in the end those people will get 2 free nights in the deluxe resort of their choice...so I know it happens at Disney too. I think we just were in the wrong Tower at the wrong time, lol. And honestly, I haven't read too many reports where people had the same experience we did, thankfully, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it was just the exception, not the rule. I really believe that some of the clientele that WBC draws are a little on the wild side and perhaps not as respectful of the resort as they should be which doesn't help. Also, having a company do your cleaning that has little incentive to do a good job(the outsourced housekeepers) isn't good either.
This trip(November) we will be at Pop first and plan to go to WBC by 9am to check in. We shall see if that makes a difference in our room location. I think I'd like a fireworks view in Tower 3--good location between the two pool slides and near the Starbucks in the Grand for my dad...so fingers crossed it's a better trip. I pray it will be because we are bringing first timers and I want them to have a good time and not be mad at me for taking them off property, lol.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'll 3rd the idea that the clientele that the resort draws can be less respectful of the property than many people would think. The "Not my house" atmosphere seems to run rampant from a large number of the renters. As the previous poster mentioned, the cheap rentals is both a boon and a bane.

I did also want to mention a few things in some defense for the resort itself. First, the Room requests are just that, requests. There is nothing that guarantees they will honor the request. Officially, The only people who's requests are even considered are VIP owners staying at the resort [it's one of the "perks" of VIP ownership.... and like all VIP benefits, aren't transferable]. That said, WBC does seem to do a very good job on the whole of at least trying to accommodate room requests from everyone based off reports around here. The earlier you check in however the better your chances of have the request met since they'll have more inventory to work with. [for the majority of reservations, your room assignment is not locked in until you check in, so someone checking in prior to you may make a request at checkin that has the front desk assign the room that was tentatively was going to assigned to you].

Secondly, Since the resort is a timeshare resort, It's options are extremely limited on it's abilities to 'Make it Right' with guest satisfaction offers. With a hotel, if there is an issue, They have the option to offer items such as free nights or comp certificates for various services. This is because the budget, including any losses due to these comps, is paid for by the rates your pay the hotel for your nightly stay. These guest satisfaction measures ultimately will come out of the profit the hotel generates, with the idea that the short term loss will generate future profit from a repeat stay.

Since this is a timeshare resort however, The resort doesn't have room in it's budget for such things. Your nightly rate you are paying as a renter goes into the pocket of the owner you are renting the points from. The Resort's budget is set/voted upon at the beginning of the year and paid for out of the annual dues which every owner is responsible for paying.... both the large commercial outfits, and the sweet old retired couple who own enough points for a week with the grandkids at disney every year. There is no profit built into the budget as it's designed to pay for the costs of maintaining the property and daily operations, as well as funding a small reserve fund for any future repairs or unexpected expenses [to help shield the owners from a surprise $500 payment should something like a hurricane hit the area and cause some damage to the resort.... or to pay for plumbing repairs due to a burst pipe.... or TBH.... to pay for the damage done by the college kids who found a cheap rental and trashed their room or parts of the resort]. The Profit that Wyndham generates/generated from the resort comes from selling the resort to the owners, and not from the nightly stays. [similar to how DVC makes a majority of it's money from sales, and not cash-rate nightly stays]. Since the resort doesn't have in it's operational budget the money for "make it right" expenses, they don't have any options available for a like-cash type response like a voucher for one of the onsite food locations. (which aren't run/funded as part of the resort operations).

Sorry if I rambled or ranted, but I felt it was important to make the distinction between the differences between a hotel and timeshare resort in this context. Especially as there are a LOT of renters staying at this resort who probably have no idea how a timeshare works, I felt it was important to try and show that sometimes the 'lack of customer service' which the staff can get blamed for isn't due to the staff's lack of concern or desire to provide customer service, but the simple fact that as this is not a hotel, They don't have all the tools in their customer service tool-bag that people only familiar with hotels may be accustomed too.

I can't figure out how to search just this thread on the iPad and it's not listed on Ken Price's website. Can someone tell me what he charges for a 3 bedroom unit before I contact him. We are planning a trip for the week after Thanksgiving next year (2013). Thanks.

I just got back from a week at Bonnet Creek, had a great time in building 3.
I liked it so much i thought it may be nice to own some points.

I was looking at a resale to purchase, and would like about 250,000 points.
You can buy a resale a a pretty nice price, But what i can not get in my head. Is the yearly maintence fee's, something aound 1,500.00 dollars yearly. That is more than I pay for renting points for a 2 or 3 bedroom. So why would I buy a resale, I know i must be missing soemthing, Help?

I just got back from a week at Bonnet Creek, had a great time in building 3.
I liked it so much i thought it may be nice to own some points.

I was looking at a resale to purchase, and would like about 250,000 points.
You can buy a resale a a pretty nice price, But what i can not get in my head. Is the yearly maintence fee's, something aound 1,500.00 dollars yearly. That is more than I pay for renting points for a 2 or 3 bedroom. So why would I buy a resale, I know i must be missing soemthing, Help?

The folks you are renting from are usually VIP Plat members. These folks can get 50% point discounts and free upgrades within 60 days. The unit you rent is probably a 1BR that was booked with only 1/2 the normal point requirement and then upgraded. Resale purchasers cannot get these discounts. Though Wyndham regularly has point specials at resorts throughout the year that are available to everyone.

These deeply discounted rental prices are most abundant in Orlando, if you wish to travel to more places you may be able to do better by owning your own points. Check out all the info at tug2.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter