• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the blender answers! I will plan for smoothies...if the blender can't hack it I will just have to thaw the berries first--no big deal.

I did a search for toilet paper and saw some mixed information. Some said they had enough TP stocked in the room, some said you could ask for it and it was free, some said you could purchase it in the lobby.

For five adults, would you recommend buying some additional before we arrive?

Hello,

This question has been asked before but I need more info on it. I'm sorry that I'm asking this question again but I need more people to help me on this. Am I better off getting one 4 bedroom presidential or two 2 bedroom presidentials?

This is what I know:

1. If you get two 2 bedrooms you get an extra washer and dryer.
2. If you get one 4 bedroom you will be together in the same building and room.

If I go with one 4 bedroom will it fit about 10 people just fine? I know in the master bedrooms are a king sized bed and the other two bedrooms are two double beds. Also which buildings are the best with presidentials? I want a lake view with fireworks view. I know if I request towers 4,5, or 6 I have the parking garage. If I do tower 6 can I use the Grand garage or do I need to pay to park at the Grand garage? I know WBC has free parking but I don't know about the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek parking. Lastly, I would love to see recent photos of WBC especially the tower 6 lake and fireworks view.

Happy Summer!:cool1:

Thanks for the blender answers! I will plan for smoothies...if the blender can't hack it I will just have to thaw the berries first--no big deal.

I did a search for toilet paper and saw some mixed information. Some said they had enough TP stocked in the room, some said you could ask for it and it was free, some said you could purchase it in the lobby.

For five adults, would you recommend buying some additional before we arrive?

If I recall correctly There are 2 or 3 extra rolls in each bathroom. (single ply i believe...). So for the 2 and 3bdrm units, that would be 4-6 extra rolls on top of the ones your start with. As for if you'll need extra with 5 adults, I'm gonna have to say you'll have to make that call since I have no idea on how much toilet paper you expect to use at the room. [obviously, you'll probably use more if you plan on spending a day in the room than if you are going out all day. There are also bathrooms down by the pools, so if you are doing a pool day, You may use the public restrooms down there and not using your in-room TP supply]

I do know that on one trip there was me (male) and 3 women sharing a 2bdrm [Friend and her 2 adult daughters]. We didn't run into any TP shortages during the week even though the ladies stayed at the resort enjoying the pools most of the week.

Hello,

This question has been asked before but I need more info on it. I'm sorry that I'm asking this question again but I need more people to help me on this. Am I better off getting one 4 bedroom presidential or two 2 bedroom presidentials?

This is what I know:

1. If you get two 2 bedrooms you get an extra washer and dryer.
2. If you get one 4 bedroom you will be together in the same building and room.

If I go with one 4 bedroom will it fit about 10 people just fine? I know in the master bedrooms are a king sized bed and the other two bedrooms are two double beds. Also which buildings are the best with presidentials? I want a lake view with fireworks view. I know if I request towers 4,5, or 6 I have the parking garage. If I do tower 6 can I use the Grand garage or do I need to pay to park at the Grand garage? I know WBC has free parking but I don't know about the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek parking. Lastly, I would love to see recent photos of WBC especially the tower 6 lake and fireworks view.

I really can't tell you which one is the better option since there are so many variables that will depend upon your trip.

All 2bdrm Presidential units will be in Tower 6. The 4bdrm Presidentials are available in every tower at the resort. [I believe 2 each in the main building and Towers 1-5, with more of them in Tower 6].

Presidentials are much more rare at the resort than Deluxe units. Therefor you are less likely to find great discounted deals on a presidential unit than a deluxe unit. Pricing can vary depending upon who you rent thru... so $$ wise, You'll have to shop around with the various commercial renters.

You cannot have 2 rooms during the same week under the same name. That means you would need to have the reservation for a 2nd 2bdrm unit in another adult's name.

The Max occupancy for a 4bdrm Presidential is 12 guests. The Max occupancy for a 2bdrm presidential is 6 guests. The 4bdrm Presidential is almost like 2 2bdrm units mirrored and overlapping with an enlarged common area and balcony.

Tower 6 shares the garage with the Grand. Access to the garage is controlled via your room keys, So the charges to the Grand guests are added to their room bill.

Presidentials with Fireworks views? Um...Tower 2 and 3 would have lake view/Fireworks views available in the 4bdrm presidentials [I believe the lake view/firework view in Tower 1 is used as a Sales model and not available to be rented currently]. Towers 4 and 5 (and maybe the main building) would have Parking lot/Fireworks views available in a 4bdrm Presidential. And tower 6 COULD have a fireworks/Lake view depending on where in the building you are located. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the building layout to give you the odds on getting a room of the various types with a firework view in that tower.

Sorry, I don't have any recent pictures of the resort (or any of a presidential unit TBH)

Our first trip to BC is in November and we are super excited!! This thread has been a great resource for us. I was wondering, how many people don't request a tower? That is my area of confusion - do I or don't I (I do know it's only a request) and if I do, I have no idea what to request. Cleaner and new is high on our list. Thoughts?

Presidentials with Fireworks views? Um...Tower 2 and 3 would have lake view/Fireworks views available in the 4bdrm presidentials [I believe the lake view/firework view in Tower 1 is used as a Sales model and not available to be rented currently]. Towers 4 and 5 (and maybe the main building) would have Parking lot/Fireworks views available in a 4bdrm Presidential. And tower 6 COULD have a fireworks/Lake view depending on where in the building you are located. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the building layout to give you the odds on getting a room of the various types with a firework view in that tower.

We are staying in a 3 bdrm presidential on our trip. For some reason, I thought that being in Tower 6 meant that you couldn't have the possibility of both a fireworks and lake view. Could someone set me straight? Having never been there, I am having a hard time getting my bearings. I will want to know the answer to this so that I know what my options are if I decide to make a location request.

We're looking into staying here the first week of Feb 2013. One evening we'd like to have our kids stay in the room with a babysitter while we go out. Has anyone used Kid's Night Out? If we supply the food with the sitter make dinner; thinking of an oven pizza? Recommend any other in-room sitters?

We've never used a babysitter before. Is it customary to tip?

We are staying in a 3 bdrm presidential on our trip. For some reason, I thought that being in Tower 6 meant that you couldn't have the possibility of both a fireworks and lake view. Could someone set me straight? Having never been there, I am having a hard time getting my bearings. I will want to know the answer to this so that I know what my options are if I decide to make a location request.

Hello,

Yes, tower 6 does have a lake and fireworks view. There's a special wing at tower 6 where you have a lake and fireworks view. The wing that faces directly the lake. Not the wing that faces the Grand and the Waldorf. This will only make sense if you face tower 6 on the lake side and not the parking lot side. Also there are photos of what I'm talking about.

Because of it's location around the Lake, Tower 6 is a bit more difficult to say where you will or won't get a fireworks view.

The Wing closest to the Grand has the correct angle so that it's balconies on the lake side are facing in the general direction of the EPCOT Fireworks. However, Depending where on the wing you are located, Towers 4 and 5 can sometimes get in the way for an "optimal view". Tower 6 is also the tallest timeshare tower, so the higher floors are going to have a better chance at being high enough to see over the top of Tower 4.

There is also complication because so many of the Ilumination effects are low angle fireworks or the infamous fire barge that there is no way you can see over the trees and outer World Showcase Pavilions.... So, the only things you are going to see are the semi-random high-altitude shells.

It is possible to get a fireworks view in Tower 6.... but you are talking less than 1/4 of the buildings Presidential inventory having any chance of a decent view. (And since I don't know the actual layout of the tower, I couldn't tell you if there are certain room types with better or worse odds than others based off where they are located within the tower)

We're looking into staying here the first week of Feb 2013. One evening we'd like to have our kids stay in the room with a babysitter while we go out. Has anyone used Kid's Night Out? If we supply the food with the sitter make dinner; thinking of an oven pizza? Recommend any other in-room sitters?

We've never used a babysitter before. Is it customary to tip?

We've used Kids Night Out several times. I always cooked dinner for my kids or bought food ahead of time. You could call and ask them. I imagine they could cook an oven pizza. The agency is pretty helpful. I know they can't give a bath or anything having to do with water. And the kids aren't allowed on the balcony with the sitter.
We always tip our sitter.

Amanda

We are staying at WBC in the end of October. We are flying down to go to St. Petersburg Beach next week. How accesable is WBC for stopping in and looking around to preview our October stay. Parking seems to be an issue and is there a better area to go to to look around?

We've used Kids Night Out several times. I always cooked dinner for my kids or bought food ahead of time. You could call and ask them. I imagine they could cook an oven pizza. The agency is pretty helpful. I know they can't give a bath or anything having to do with water. And the kids aren't allowed on the balcony with the sitter.
We always tip our sitter.

Amanda

Thanks for the advice! Since we've never used a sitter, what kind of range is an acceptable tip? Do you base it the hourly rate or a percentage like waiters?

Two questions please :)

Does anyone know if WBC has box fans that you can use? Sadly we are addicted to the sweet hum of the box fan for sleeping...

Does anyone know where the pool tables and ping pong tables are located? Are they in particular towers?

Thank you!!

Does anyone know if WBC has box fans that you can use? Sadly we are addicted to the sweet hum of the box fan for sleeping...

Does anyone know where the pool tables and ping pong tables are located? Are they in particular towers?

Thank you!!

Pool tables and Ping Pong tables are located in the main Activity center at the Main Building.

There is also a single pool table at the Tower 6 activity center.

Thank you!!

Ahhhh!!! Oh my goodness! If they had box fans maybe I could convince my DH to leave ours at home. He is insisting on packing it so he can sleep at night. Lol

Pool tables and Ping Pong tables are located in the main Activity center at the Main Building.

There is also a single pool table at the Tower 6 activity center.

Thank you!

Does anyone happen to know how the rooms are in the main building, say as opposed to tower 5 or 6?

Ahhhh!!! Oh my goodness! If they had box fans maybe I could convince my DH to leave ours at home. He is insisting on packing it so he can sleep at night. Lol

LOL! We actually ordered a box fan from Garden Grocer last time, but with a two bedroom place, I would hate to have to buy two fans. I definitely don't think we will have room to pack them though.

Thank you!!

I can't answer to whether or not they have box fans since I haven't actually stayed there yet, but if you have a smart phone I highly recommend the white noise app. I like the "Brown Noise" the best. I bring a very small pair of portable speakers and hook them up to my iPhone. Takes up much less space in the luggage and you can turn the volume up much louder than most fans.

We were in a Wyndham hotel in Dallas last week (priceline bid) that had a wall unit that was way to loud when the compressor kicked on. I just knew I wouldn't get any sleep, but i turned the app up really loud and it drowned the noise out. I slept great! The app did cost a few dollars but I think its worth it.

We use a Vornado at home for noise but even as a table fan it takes up way too much luggage sapce and there isn't always an easy place to plug it when traveling.

sksjasams said:

Thank you!!

No box fans, my hubby has to have one, so we just pack a smaller fan for him, or buy a cheap one at Walmart (I've seen them for less than $10 before) and leave it there, there are some white noise apps out, but try them at home first, they don't work for my hubby.

I can't answer to whether or not they have box fans since I haven't actually stayed there yet, but if you have a smart phone I highly recommend the white noise app. I like the "Brown Noise" the best. I bring a very small pair of portable speakers and hook them up to my iPhone. Takes up much less space in the luggage and you can turn the volume up much louder than most fans.

We were in a Wyndham hotel in Dallas last week (priceline bid) that had a wall unit that was way to loud when the compressor kicked on. I just knew I wouldn't get any sleep, but i turned the app up really loud and it drowned the noise out. I slept great! The app did cost a few dollars but I think its worth it.

We use a Vornado at home for noise but even as a table fan it takes up way too much luggage sapce and there isn't always an easy place to plug it when traveling.

No box fans, my hubby has to have one, so we just pack a smaller fan for him, or buy a cheap one at Walmart (I've seen them for less than $10 before) and leave it there, there are some white noise apps out, but try them at home first, they don't work for my hubby.

Thank you both for the suggestions/info! We don't have a smart phone. I guess we will pick up two fans at Walmart when we get there.

Does anyone happen to know how the rooms are in the main building, say as opposed to tower 5 or 6?

Thanks again!

FLYBY POSTING! (tonne of work to catch up on right now, but I know queenie requested info about the towers so I wanted to post before her trip!)

We were in bldg 5 in a 1 br.

The parking garage sits between 4 & 5.
The elevator is on the corner closest to the entrance to 4.
I gave up on looking for surface parking REAL fast -- it was almost always full, or, the open ones were further away than the garage ones, PLUS the heat from the sun was brutal.

I'd go up to level 3 and park right by the elevator. many times I wished I was in building 4 so that I had a shorter walk from garage elevator to building entrance. But even with my gimpy walk, it wasn't TOO bad to the door.

The two times I parked in the handicap spots closer to the door, I regretted it when I came back to a boiling hot car. Use the garage!! You will be glad you did.

The two times we watched fireworks we enjoyed them. One time I thought to search for "Illuminations music" on youtube, and played it along with the 'show' and that was fun. ;)

If I weren't going to use the garage, I think I'd choose building 2 for the view/proximity to the main building.

If I were a starbucks person I'd chose 6.

Fellow guests angered me on the last day. There were no rolly-carts!! And there were no cars parked outside the door which means they'd probably taken them up to their rooms the night before and not felt like bringing them down stairs. grumble-grumble-but not WBC's fault. Use it to carry the stuff to your room and then return it immediately!! (Please!)

Building was stuffy to me, so bring a fan if you can. (But I have medical reasons that cause me to need a good a/c).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter